Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
    No. But Armenia's case is typical for a post-Soviet country.
    Then you can't know how Armenia is working , even if you have read thousand of books
    It's more complicated than that , and change Armenia can't be done without problems .
    Don't forget that if we want to change Armenia we should first change Moscouw !
    Last edited by haydavid; 10-16-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis86 View Post
      Maybe Armenia should overhaul that MiG-25, remove the armaments and offer rides to tourists, targeting Diasporans for the experience of flying with the Armenian military, and CIS, Western and Iranian tourists for the thrill. The Russians make millions in revenue from their space tourism industry. And the MiG-25 happens to be built for speed. I think it be better to generate a little revenue than to let it sit around.

In fact the Russians have a similar program: http://www.flymig.com/
      Can you imagine the mess that will have to be cleaned up after the vomiting that will be taking place at supersonic speeds?
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

The CSTO Collective Rapid Reaction Force’s “Cooperation 2012” joint multinational military exercise in Armenia.

Comment

My opinion is that you naive. Was America and Europe this advanced from the beginning? no bro! It slowly developed and that is what will happen also to Hayastan! You are just one of them constant complainers and naggers that drive the rest of up up the wall.

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
          What's your opinion on the matter?

Comment

Bro, this is not about you or me this is about the worthless British army so stop being silly. When was the last time the Brits singlehandedly (without Uncle Sam helping them) fought and won any real power? There has not been a single war against a advanced army that they won without outside help in hundreds of years. Think about that. Their "empire" come from jungle savages and poor village people. Think about that! LOL!!!

PS: I go hunting with my cuzins all the time I bet I can shoot MUCH better than you.

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
            All my childhood I grew up with war around me.

I could not join in because I was too young. I had not fired a gun in my life.

First opportunity that arose I joined the volunteer reserve which gave me some opportunity to overcome something I always missed.

At least I learned which end of the gun the bullet comes out off !!! DO YOU ??

PS this was more years ago than I care to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by haydavid View Post
              Then you can't know how Armenia is working , even if you have read thousand of books
              It's more complicated than that , and change Armenia can't be done without problems .
              Don't forget that if we want to change Armenia we should first change Moscouw !
              It looks like you are submitting to this "Diaspora Armenians are not real Armenians" BS.

Corruption was a necessary part of life in the Soviet Union, and therefore students of politics were to taught to accommodate it into their studies. However, contemporary Armenia does not have to be subject to this kind of abuse. I believe that a strong leader can only come from the Diaspora. Raffi Hovhannisyan would have been an excellent leader IMO, and I hope to follow in his footsteps one day. A Western educated Armenian will be most capable of fixing the Armenian economy. Note that Western educated does not mean Western oriented.

I know that it is complicated. I grew up in Russia, whose corruption problems are similar to Armenia's. Policy change in Moscow will never help the Armenian economy, it can only be done from Armenia.

Finally, this "Armenia's problems are too complex to fix, you are naive if you think you can do anything" mentality is for lazy, apathetic Armenians. Neither you nor I should subscribe to it.

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
              Bro, this is not about you or me this is about the worthless British army so stop being silly. When was the last time the Brits singlehandedly (without Uncle Sam helping them) fought and won any real power? There has not been a single war against a advanced army that they won without outside help in hundreds of years. Think about that. Their "empire" come from jungle savages and poor village people. Think about that! LOL!!!

PS: I go hunting with my cuzins all the time I bet I can shoot MUCH better than you.
              You're kind of an @sshole. Londontsi has every right to serve in any army he wants to without having his motives questioned. While he served in the British Army, I have no doubt in my mind that his ultimate allegiance is to Armenia, as I assume we are all of this mindset. If hostility were to erupt, that prior experience would make him that much more valuable, at least compared to you.

You'd probably piss your pants at the mere thought of serving in Karabakh.
              Last edited by davidoga; 10-17-2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Made in Armenia equipment

Comment

Armenian Military Simulates Attack On Azerbaijan's Oil
                  October 17, 2012 - 4:35pm, by Joshua Kucera The Bug Pit Armenia Azerbaijan Nagorno Karabakh

Armenia is capable of attacking Azerbaijan's oil facilities in case of a war, and that it just finished military exercises practicing that scenario. a top Armenian general has said, speaking to a press conference at the conclusion of the exercises:

“We simulated strikes against both army units and military facilities of the probable enemy and … economic facilities that influence, in one way or another, the military capacity of its armed forces,” said Major-General Artak Davtian, head of the operational department at the Armenian army’s General Staff.

“There would be no strikes on the civilian population, we are not planning or playing out such a war scenario,” he told journalists. “We do not plan any strikes on cities. Our targets are military and economic facilities that are essential to a particular state.”

“In particular, I can stress that we modeled several strikes on oil and gas infrastructures, energy carriers that would affect the economy,” Davtian added in a clear reference to oil-rich Azerbaijan.
                  The exercises took place from October 1-13. According to Radio Azatutyun:

The two-week “strategic” exercises, which drew to a close at the weekend, took place in undisclosed locations in Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh in a mostly “command-and-staff” format. According to the Armenian military, they involved over 40,000 troops and thousands of pieces of military hardware. The participating personnel included a record-high number of army reservists.
                  Azerbaijan, naturally, responded quickly. Spokesman for Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry, Colonel Eldar Sabiroglu:

"Firstly, Azerbaijan’s oil and gas fields are being used jointly with the biggest states and companies. Secondly, Azerbaijan is able to protect its oil and gas fields, all measures needed for missile defense are in the focus of attention.

The enemy should understand that the new missile systems of Azerbaijani Armed Forces can strike any strategic facility of Armenia. Azerbaijan’s development, achievements and increase of defense expenditures have pushed Armenia into desperate situation. Therefore, making such statement, they are trying to reduce the protests of the Armenian people. This is the main aim of the threat."
                  Davtyan was apparently referring to new missiles unveiled by Armenia last year, upgraded Scuds and Tochka U, which have a range of 300 km, in theory covering much of Azerbaijan.

So they could attack Azerbaijan's oil infrastructure -- but would they? Analysts in Baku tend to downplay the prospect of Armenia's widening a potential war over the disputed province of Nagorno Karabakh to include Azerbaijan proper. I asked Anar Valiyev, a good Azerbaijan analyst, about these most recent statements, and he chalked them up to domestic political posturing. He said that after the Ramil Safarov episode, Armenia is in a bellicose mood, and this statement and the recent opening of the airport in Stepanakaert/Khankendi are both examples of this.

Still, Armenia would have less to lose than Azerbaijan by widening the war, so it wouldn't be surprising.

In related news, the newsletter IMINT and Analysis, which uses open-source satellite imagery to analyze air defense systems and other military developments around the world, notes in its newest edition that Armenia has in the last two years deployed more advanced S-300 air defense systems to within seven kilometers of the de facto border between Armenia and Karabakh. That will allow the systems to cover Karabakh, the newsletter (subscription only) writes:

Deployment of the mobile S-300PS batteries in Syunik province places the entire Nagorno-Karabakh region under the protection of Armenia’s air defense network. Furthermore, the S-300PS enjoys mobility that the S-300PT does not, enabling rapid relocation when required. As such, either S-300PS complex represents a possible occupant for the S-300P complex constructed near Stepanakert in Nagorno-Karabakh, supplementing or replacing extant 2K11 or S-125 batteries in the region. The siting of the S-300PS batteries permits target track assignment from either the Yerevan-based 64N6 battle management radar or a Nagorno- Karabakh-based 36D6 EW radar. Furthermore, the current siting of the S-300PS batteries closes a pre-existing air defense gap, allowing Armenia to deny air travel into the Azeri province of Nakhchivan.
                  Is that enough to tip the balance of forces into Armenia's favor? We'll probably only find out if the worst comes to pass there.

Comment

check out the UAV Serbian looks alot like ours

the characteristics on the UAV are also very similar. Did we license it like Georgians licensed their UAV from Latvia ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	LR Tactical UAV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	538883

Comment

Armenian Army

Comment

Working...
                      X