Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Mi-35M shipments to Azerbaijan being completed. According to Wikipedia, the Mi-35M is "Export night attack version, is fitted with upgraded advanced avionics and sensor package, including night vision systems, GOES-342 electro-optical range finder/targeting system, GLONASS/NAVSTAR navigation system, electronic multifunction displays, onboard computer, and jam-proof communications equipment."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ռուսաստանից Ադրբեջան կուղարկվի Մի-35Մ մարտական ուղղաթիռների հերթական խմբաքանակը (ֆոտո)

Posted on Նոյեմբեր 22, 2012 by Վահագն | Leave a comment

Օրերս «Ռոստվերտոլ» ընկերությունն ավարտել է «Մի-35Մ» ուղղաթիռների ադրբեջանական պատվերի հերթական 4 մեքենաների արտադրությունը և ուղղաթիռները տեղափոխվել են Դոնի Ռոստովի օդանավակայան, որտեղից առաջիկայում կառաքվեն Ադրբեջան։

Հիշեցնենք, որ Ադրբեջանի գնած 24 ուղղաթիռների մատակարարումը Ռուսաստանը սկսել էր նախորդ տարվա դեկտեմբերին։

Last edited by Federate; 11-22-2012, 09:43 AM.
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

offff!! need to teach russians a lesson, iam becoming russophobe!

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
        A.Hovhanissyan testing new 50cal. Armenian made, k-11 was the name right?

and some random nice thing
        Looking at sniper rifles at theese pictures I don't understand why the scopes are so far from rifle barrels. As a shooter I know that the scope has to be as close as possible to enable 3 point controll and aiming (shoulder, chick/rest and rifle mount-hand) for best accuracy. But on pictures it is evident that shooters don't rest chicks on chickrest firmly, they even have to raise their heads considerably to be able to look thru scope. When I saw the pictures of azery istiglal first time, I was laughing at how far and to the side of barrel/center was their scope ( very hard to hold accuracy). Now I see the same problem on our weapons. Telescoping mounts like theese can't hold zero for long time. More material you have attached more the changes from temperature, vibration etc. I wonder why our armorers don't follow theese rules. I have installed a scope on a mosin with only 4mm clearance between the barrel and objective and, believe me it works better than the Russian made one and the shots group much smaller on target.

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
          offff!! need to teach russians a lesson, iam becoming russophobe!
          No need. There are no political relations between Russia and Azerbaijan, only commercial. They will never be in a strategic partnership.

Comment

Armenian Air Force

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vardan View Post
                Aysor Hayastan Hamahaykakan Himnadrami tarekan Teleton e, okhnek Hayastanin ev Artsakhin

http://www.himnadram.org/
                The Armenian news here in California says we have raised 25 Million so far.

Originally posted by Hakob
                Looking at sniper rifles at theese pictures I don't understand why the scopes are so far from rifle barrels. As a shooter I know that the scope has to be as close as possible to enable 3 point controll and aiming (shoulder, chick/rest and rifle mount-hand) for best accuracy. But on pictures it is evident that shooters don't rest chicks on chickrest firmly, they even have to raise their heads considerably to be able to look thru scope. When I saw the pictures of azery istiglal first time, I was laughing at how far and to the side of barrel/center was their scope ( very hard to hold accuracy). Now I see the same problem on our weapons. Telescoping mounts like theese can't hold zero for long time. More material you have attached more the changes from temperature, vibration etc. I wonder why our armorers don't follow theese rules. I have installed a scope on a mosin with only 4mm clearance between the barrel and objective and, believe me it works better than the Russian made one and the shots group much smaller on target.
                I thought its a good setup. One reason why its good to have a larger gap between the scope mount and the barrel is that you can see the rear sight and you do not loose the use of your iron sights when you have a scope/sight mounted. The cheek rest on the stock seems OK but remember each setup is to fit the shooter, and every shooter is different. Also that looks like a quick disconnect scope mount which can be handy however you are right, it does not hold zero well. The best way to verify zero after reassembly is to use a bore sight to realign your point of impact from the marks/data you collected from your range time zeroing.

For a sniper rifle I would say scope mounting is more critical since that is your primary sight...but for that rifle I think the setup is fine.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                  The Armenian news here in California says we have raised 25 Million so far.

I thought its a good setup. One reason why its good to have a larger gap between the scope mount and the barrel is that you can see the rear sight and you do not loose the use of your iron sights when you have a scope/sight mounted. The cheek rest on the stock seems OK but remember each setup is to fit the shooter, and every shooter is different. Also that looks like a quick disconnect scope mount which can be handy however you are right, it does not hold zero well. The best way to verify zero after reassembly is to use a bore sight to realign your point of impact from the marks/data you collected from your range time zeroing.

For a sniper rifle I would say scope mounting is more critical since that is your primary sight...but for that rifle I think the setup is fine.

Thanks for comment Eddo.
                  However, a larger gap to be able to use iron sights works well with red dot sights and likes, which for me are no more accurate than iron sights anyway(only benefit is red dots are good for quicker acquisition of target). But scopes are for most accuracy possible on longer range. In that case there is no need to use the iron sights. In my opinion the rifle can only be tooled and used the best for either close range or sniping (300meters or further). So, if there is a scope on rifle, then it has to be mounted correctly. Otherwise why put it on if it is not accurate? So seing those eastern block sniper rifles with high mounted scopes makes me question their quality.
                  In my opinion in the first picture 50 cal has said problem. In second picture the mosin would be better off with a red dot. That tactical scope is too far up on the barrel for a sniper.
                  In any type of sights, a firm chick weld is very important. It does not metter what type is used, the shooter will loose accuracy if not locking the stock between his chick and shoulder.
                  Also in my experiance the bore sights are good only in bringing the shot accuracy onto paper target and saving a few rounds. But for final sighting, any scope has to be zeroed in with a life fire anyway.

Comment

There is an advantage of having a scope and the ability to use Iron sights at the same time. If you are engaging human torso size targets at different ranges where you don't have to hold say 3 MOA then you use the iron sights for targets from 0 to 100 meters and use the scope for targets from 75 meters and beyond.
                    With only scope as your sight you will miss at close range on moving targets.... either way its always give and take on your rifle and it should be setup to your liking and abilities.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Military parade in Stephanakert, NKR-Artcakh (Armenia) May 9, 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X