Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

11 Azerbaijani servicemen wounded and 3 killed in mine explosions on front line this year

[ 23 November 2012 14:27 ]
    Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. 15 mine explosions took place in the contact line of Azerbaijani and Armenian Armed Forces this year.

According to the results of the monitoring conducted by APA, the incidents were related with 11 servicemen and 4 civilians.

11 servicemen were wounded and 3 killed during the 11 incidents confirmed by the Defense Ministry of Azerbaijan. 1 ensign, 3 officers, 7 soldiers were wounded and 1 officer and 2 soldiers were killed. Mine explosion victims were at age 18-21.

3 mine explosions related to servicemen took place in Terter, 3 - Goranboy, 2 - Fuzuli, 1 - Khojavand, 1- Aghdam and 1 - Tovuz.

According to the monitoring, most of the mine explosions occurred during the implementation of the operational tasks.

The mine explosions related to servicemen increased compared to previous years. According to APA monitoring, 4 mine explosions occurred on the frontline last year and 3 servicemen were wounded.

2 mine explosions related to civilians occurred in Fuzuli, 1 – Aghdam and 1 – Terter. 3 mine explosions occurred during framing operations. 3 persons were wounded and 1 was killed as a result of the explosions.
    apa.az

Comment

man... if scope will be near to your face is will hit and take out your eye, only the SVD's scope is close to eye but anyway in has a protection on it.
      Anyway do you think Russia dont want azeri oil? but better plan is to help armenia take azeri lands and do deal in oil 50-50%))

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
        man... if scope will be near to your face is will hit and take out your eye, only the SVD's scope is close to eye but anyway in has a protection on it.
        Anyway do you think Russia dont want azeri oil? but better plan is to help armenia take azeri lands and do deal in oil 50-50%))
        and you start again with a off topic question ...
        you never learn

Comment

Military parade in Stephanakert, NKR-Artcakh (Armenia) May 9, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by haydavid View Post
            and you start again with a off topic question ...
            you never learn
            what is the problem? all of ppl here have asked off topic questions ...

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
              There is an advantage of having a scope and the ability to use Iron sights at the same time. If you are engaging human torso size targets at different ranges where you don't have to hold say 3 MOA then you use the iron sights for targets from 0 to 100 meters and use the scope for targets from 75 meters and beyond.
              With only scope as your sight you will miss at close range on moving targets.... either way its always give and take on your rifle and it should be setup to your liking and abilities.

Interestingly, modern leading sniper rifles in west don't come with iron sights anymore. You can buy and have them installed. But that is considered bringing down your rifle's accuracy value.
              Our army, as well as Russia's and other CSTO countries are following Soviet doctrine about sniping. Instead of top quality fewer, expensive sniper systems, flooding the theater with less trained/inexpensive units and achieving the superiority that way. This concept goes long way back to even Peter the Greats' times when Russians were trying to establish themselves as european power. They could never get enough production of muskets going for their army with ever quicker changes to arms. So they started buying from europe anything they could get. Even in 19th century, Russia bought large quantities of rifles from USA. Berdan rifle for example. It is an American rifle invented by Hiram Berdan. Czar bought the rights and while manufacturing in Tula, had Colt make large quantities for import. Mosin-Nagant also. Russia bought large quantities from Remington arms and French Manufacturer D'armes De Chatellerault along with producing them in Tula and Izevsk in order to supply it's large army. One problem with this was that different manufacturers and countries could not supply exact same parts and standards. And Russia had a bad shortfall of armorers in army to repair broken units or maintain accuracy. So Russians specified loose tolerances and interchangeability of components, which affected accuracy. In the field you could take any part from any rifle and replace them with parts of other rifles and continue shooting without an armorer's work. This has proven a winner in endless Russian territories and helped to establish standardization procedures in the world. But as I said, Russian rifles were a notch less accurate then west's .
              One of the problems comes from bolt head-spacing. The clearance between bolt and chamber to hold the rim of cartridge. The smaller it is(holding the cartridge and bullet to same line, because if bullets go thru rifling with even the slightest differences in angles to their center line, they wobble and rotate to different trajectories) the more accurate the rifle is. You have to be sure that the space is not too tight tough, because the bolt will have problems of sticking. Mosin's headspace is very large. You can take any bolt from any rifle and interchange, no problem. But German mouser or American springfield rifles are more accurate because of tighter built. You cannot change any parts except the stock on them. You would need an armorer to machine either bolt face or re chamber the barrel to keep proper headspace. You also need more gunsmithing facilities and expenses to maintain issued arms. You can see my point if you feel russian actions. Some bolts are very loose and some feel sort of getting stuck when loading the bullet. That is because of too big or sometimes too small head-spaces. Instructors would teach to hit the bolt lever up with palm of hand to open and hit it down to close. You see this in the movie "enemy at the gates" , sniper Zaitsev doing it. Soviet armorers would go thru several rifles and check them for bolt tightness and pick up the tighter ones to install scope and designate it as sniper. It is true that in WWII soviet snipers gave germans lot of losses, but it is seldom mentioned that given the enormous numbers of them put into combat, many thousands died in enemy sniper hands before even firing a single shot.
              After revolution the Finns saw this problem very clearly, and, knowing that soviets were going to invade soon or later to reclaim old empire territories they prepared hard for war. Having a population of around four and half million they knew that one very important type of weapon they needed were very accurate snipers to stop the army of a country of 180mln. Having much smaller army, every shot of their soldiers had to bear a kill. So they started modifying old mosin's and making their own, which were several times more accurate. In 1939-40 war they defeated soviet army with sniper tactics that later became international standards. The main contributors to this were finnish snipers and the world had never seen such a turnaround in any war because of them. One of their heroes, Simo Häyhä, is credited in killing 505 soviet soldiers. I am sure, that S.O.B. has killed Armenians in soviet army as well. My wife's grandfather was wounded badly in that war and lost 3 fingers to frostbite while lying in snow.
              Even now, while west has created many special sniper rounds and adapted many reloading shops next to training centers, where snipers reload themselves or work with reloaders to develop the best round specific for them and their rifles, russians and us too, use the same factory loads on machine guns, bolt actions or any weapon they could fit. Ignoring the proven facts that very fine accuracy sniper rifles need cases, bullets and powders made and combined for every individual. Because it makes a lot of difference what rifle it is, how worn out the rifling is, what charge, primer and bullet weight is used, how and what range is the particular shooter at his best etc. We ignore the fact that the quality and how a rifle is built, what kind of optics for what uses and how they are installed and used makes all the difference.
              How many of you know or heard of a soviet or russian sniper that made a 2-1/2 kilometer kill shot(to match Nato's afghan snipers)? Meanwhile in Nato strategies for a sniper to operate in 1KM + range is a minimum requirement now.
              God has given us a terrain that is a blessing for sniper, and we need to make it our best weapon. Remember, our enemy has a predisposition to fear and snipers have one of the best fear factors around.
              Why am I giving you guys a headache with writing so much bla- bla? I think that the Finnish example is what our army should follow. Right now we and azeris have the same weapons and tactics and the only difference is the fighting spirit of our army. But while azerbaijan is spending billions, buying weapons, we should understand that the few we can afford, have to be much more accurate and deadly then what they have. I personally think that our masters can make and maintain sniper rifles that are not just better than azery or russian ones, but are tops in the world. All it takes is mastering the rules and following them up point by point (plus a few shops with CNC mills and lathes).
              Our army have to be trained much better than any neighbor's. Our soldiers should be able to kill many more with fewer shots. Our snipers should be able to fight with one shot-one kill tactics.
              That, in turn, means that some old soviet tactics and weapons doctrines have to be abandoned and new tactics and weapons building adapted. While in soviet times and even now a soldier was taken to shooting range only a couple of times a year and given 10 rounds to shoot, our soldiers have to shoot at least once per week, 50 rounds per session. Shots have to be done not on siluetts, but on paper targets and later quantitatively analyzed and a soldier's progress followed, trained and guided by shooting experts, not platoon commanders. Same for weapons. In every shooting session they have to be inspected and accuracy results have to be checked by shooting/weapon experts for highest standards, and if necessary sent to armorers for repairs and upgrades. You see, you can put violin on anybody's hand, but only the one that trains for a long time and develops his talents can play music.
              Our biggest and best weapons are our brothers and sons in uniform. They need the best tools and training to do the best job.

Comment

Military parade in Stephanakert, NKR-Artcakh (Armenia) May 9, 2012

Comment

"Why am I giving you guys a headache with writing so much bla- bla?"

It's some of the best bla bla bal I have heard in this place. You guys going, as some of you have a lot to offer especially you.

Comment

Good stuff Hakob.....and oh yea, nothing like reloading your own round perfectly made for your rifle and the type of shooting you do.

I agree that Armenian forces need to put more emphases on the highest standards in sniper training with state of the art equipment.....I hope they do.
                    at the moment it seems Azerbaijan is working harder in this respect, they even give incentives to civilians to take the two week training and take pop shots at Armenians.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X