Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    dzer cav@ tanem, mi hat lsek eli....

Yes we build our own UAV's also, but often times you take certain influences from existing technologies and improve upon them. Now, again, stop shooting the messenger! What I'm telling you is not something I'm getting from the air, because I myself would not believe this to be true if the specific source hadn't confirmed it. But there are some very legitimate sources about this and strategically it makes sense for Israel, because they just want to make money off of Azerbaijan's purchases. If you don't want to believe me, fine, but I'm just saying how it is.

Yeah that's true, but what I'm talking about is receiving some Israeli technology via Russian channels. The weapon's business is a tricky thing and is not that straightforward. As I said in my previous post, major powers often times just want to keep the balance between the states like Armenia and Azerbaijan. No one is saying that all our drones are Israeli and so forth. And actually I know personally a person that has worked on the drones for the Minister of Defence. So again, I'm not talking out of the air here, but if you guys want to shoot down everything I say, go ahead.

Mos jan du el inz lsi. LOL Just kidding.
    Agree that we are getting technology from some sources. But who doesn't?
    Most of the technology about drones, or the kind we need , is off the shelf. The drone tech race you are talking does not apply here because wev'e got what we need and most probably our drones don't need to get any bigger. With "krane"s capabilities we have all we need for the theater of our military planning. It can fly literally over whole azerbaijan and wherever it observes we can hit with either artillery or rockets. Thats it. We don't need the ability for it to carry any weapons or fly 1000 KM.
    If there is any "race" that azeris think, it is because azeries could need bigger and more sophisticated ones mostly for propaganda purposes. They could be fooling their own public with something they dont really need but bought(like several other things they have without need or knowhow). How can Israel transfer us technology that we are not very interested?
    The question is about another, more important technology, which Israel, or anybody, would never transfer, and for which we were very interested and made our own. Having it pretty much negates the whole strategic value of Israeli supplied drone.
    Bringing down those drones.
    Remember when russians shot Georgian drone? They shot it. Anybody can shoot it. But we came up with technology that brings it down. In one of the zinuj they talk about it and how we came up with means to mimic mother transmitting station and drop down (theoretically could be even land it on your own field) the drone.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
        http://www.neurope.eu/article/israel...ategic-partner

Some of you guys are so lost it's not even funny. We made our own UAV, the rest is just fantasy some of you have, this is really dangerous. For starters get a grip on reality before spewing nonsense! We built Migs, we can build UAV’s and more. This is the typical Armenian sickness in thinking that someone else had the build them. Get your facts straight, and stop daydreaming. Anything a Je w can build an Armenian can build better. The only behind the scenes talk going on is how lost some of you guys are...LOL

Hakop pointed out several times already how they are getting their tech. Does not mean we have to glorify them for being thieves, nor should we shortchange our own accomplishments.
        An ARMENIAN can. But this is the country Armenia, the government, vs Israel. Israel is technologically one of the most advanced nations. As much as I'd like to be patriotic, I do not think we can even compare our domestically made UAVs to Israel's...

Also the USSR made the Mig, not Armenia (Yes, I know that Mikoyan was Armenian.)
        Last edited by Yerevanski92; 12-03-2012, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
          Vahram's is not just an attidue.
          Currently I am working in an industry, where few engineers came from military avionics field. I have heard facts about specific technology developments in USA, which ended up used first in Israel.
          I think that many of you guys are too young to remember avioclubs and radioclubs in Yerevan schools and some of the people that came frome those into soviet engineering institutes.
          One thing. You have to be blind and crazy no to ask yourselfs, how is it that Armenia is the first nation to bring down Israeli built drone. If we were not good and into it ourselfs then how did we manage to come up with counter technology?
          Some of you may not know that it goes few years back, before even we downed the drone last year.
          Do you remember the "caspian air'' plane that was blown in air? Majority passengers were Armenians.
          So in one Israeli forum I witnessed two of the guys like us, military buffs, discussing it, and how Armenians deserved a good lesson like that so they would think twice before transferng important technology secrets to Iran...
          Not long after that we downed Azery (israeli) drone. Later Iran downed american drone. We had allready showcased our drones in parade. If I am correct, Iranians downed american drone before they even flew their first one. And please look and see if theirs is not allmost exact copy ouf ours that we showed few months earlier. Do you see what I mean?
          I think that Israel was on it's way to sell(or so told) to baku many more planes and more sophisticated ones. Probably even something like Machatz-1.
          Money was a secondary issue. As israel has been planning strikes against Iran, all those drones sold (appearently sold) to baku could be used on Iran by Israel any time.
          We spoiled all those plans in that any new and sophisticated technology given to baku could be brought down by us and later you know what...
          Because Israel has never used a drone in conflicts with nations, only during guerilla wars and insurgencies in Lebanon/Palestinian territories. Armenia/NKR are countries with conventional weapons and standing militaries, including radars and advanced SAM's that can easily take out flying targets, which insurgent groups like Hamas and Hezbollah don't. Also, tiny unmanned UAV's are quite easy targets. Its not like we shot down a stealth aircraft or something...

PS: Israeli made drones operated by Georgia have been shot down before by Russian/Abkhaz/Ossetian militaries
          Last edited by Yerevanski92; 12-03-2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Pentagon plans drone sales to 66 countries

That's more than the NATO countries.

That could kill off independent developments in individual countries thus posses monopoly of the technology.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by Yerevanski92 View Post
              An ARMENIAN can. But this is the country Armenia, the government, vs Israel. Israel is technologically one of the most advanced nations. As much as I'd like to be patriotic, I do not think we can even compare our domestically made UAVs to Israel's...

Also the USSR made the Mig, not Armenia (Yes, I know that Mikoyan was Armenian.)
              You are right Yerevanski92.

Comment

Originally posted by Yerevanski92 View Post

Thanks for not comparing Armenia with USA or China. LOL
                We have the capability against our enemy and that is what's matter.

Comment

Defense Army of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic.
                  Positions on the ridge Mrav

Comment

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                      es inch lav ban a...arzhi masnakcel...
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X