Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
    Idk if you guys might find this interesting. It could end up in Armenia's arsenal one day.

The whole concept is a huge Arma 3 reference lol
    Haha yeah right. Armenia can't even replace a couple hundred assault rifles with new ones. What's makes you think they'll buy that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ak105 View Post
      Haha yeah right. Armenia can't even replace a couple hundred assault rifles with new ones. What's makes you think they'll buy that?
      What makes you think they dont buy new rifles? The priority for new rifles is insanely low. There are more than enough AK-74s to go around, with ammunition and more rifles purchased at literally nothing from Russia, or sometimes just given for free.

Phasing out a service rifle, takes around half a decade to implement, you have to retrain instructors, conscripts, incorporate new variants. For example, with the K-3, Armenia will not only have to buy the rifles/material to produce them, but also start manufacturing the rifle grenades that come with it.

I'd rather have them spend money on Kevlar and ballistic protection than on new rifles, although it would be nice to get new rifles, its not a priority. (Although some people, including me, sometimes make it out to be)

That vehicle wouldn't cost more than 500 thousand dollars each. Its not a new design either, and its interesting. Its a possibility that Armenian divisions take interest in the vehicle, and it is a possibility that Armenia makes a purchase similar to the Gaz Tigr purchases. I wouldn't rule it out, but I said one day. Its unlikely now of course, when we have huge contracts like the PT-72U, T72 purchases, and BTR purchases still on the table.

Armenia has roughly around 270-300 million dollars left in the annual budget after maintenance payments for the military.
      Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
        Տեսանյութ` նվիրված օդաչուների հիշատակին

This really hurts......hurts bad.

Those coward Azeris.

Artsashes very few people these days still believe in honor.....until they find themselves in a war.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          This really hurts......hurts bad.

Those coward Azeris.

Artsashes very few people these days still believe in honor.....until they find themselves in a war.

I have had at least 3 of my friends, people Ive grown up with, joining the military based off the false feelings of "serving their country", and then coming back and realizing they're nothing but repressed killers, invaders, occupiers, etc.

until they find themselves in a war.
          Thats the last place where you begin to understand "honor", or at least your version of it. War is where you loose any sense of the concept. That is like going to the depths of hell and finding nobility. It is not located there, and cannot be achieved practicing it. War is suffering, pain, anguish, death, and struggle. There is no honor in war, like there may be in landing a probe on a comet, or making a scientific discovery to help progress mankind. "Honor" in war, is an illusion, used to manipulate people into fulfilling a duty assigned to them based off their nationality or ethnicity. We then go on to honor people based off their actions in war, which would be deemed unacceptable and evil if done for themselves. I find it funny, whenever we punish criminals for murder, or manslaughter, mainly for themselves, but then go on and worship people who have killed others for a group of people, or for a country. I wonder...what would happen if you were to go to war, and end up killing for yourself? Would you be worshiped? Or denounced?
          Last edited by Chubs; 11-25-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

^^^sounds about right for someone who don't give a damn about dead Armenians and its ready to leave them there rotting........that called no honor. Running away from danger leaving your friends behind is no honor. You are right, there is no honor in war, but there is between fighters who depend on each other.

Turks have no honor.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I have had at least 3 of my friends, people Ive grown up with, joining the military based off the false feelings of "serving their country", and then coming back and realizing they're nothing but repressed killers, invaders, occupiers, etc.

Thats the last place where you begin to understand "honor", or at least your version of it. War is where you loose any sense of the concept. That is like going to the depths of hell and finding nobility. It is not located there, and cannot be achieved practicing it. War is suffering, pain, anguish, death, and struggle. There is no honor in war, like there may be in landing a probe on a comet, or making a scientific discovery to help progress mankind. "Honor" in war, is an illusion, used to manipulate people into fulfilling a duty assigned to them based off their nationality or ethnicity. We then go on to honor people based off their actions in war, which would be deemed unacceptable and evil if done for themselves. I find it funny, whenever we punish criminals for murder, or manslaughter, mainly for themselves, but then go on and worship people who have killed others for a group of people, or for a country. I wonder...what would happen if you were to go to war, and end up killing for yourself? Would you be worshiped? Or denounced?
              LOL Chubs. You are talking as intelligent humanist.
              Your ideas are good but will not build a nation.
              Come see that turks, azeris and in some part kurds (all of whom we lived as neighbours) honor killers of Armenians. Be it sleeping, unarmed. Our massacrers, rapists and turturers.
              They have been honoring those for so long that only handfull is left from Armenia.
              They will honor those killers for as long as they exist as nations.
              We are left nothing but to find our honor in wars that liberate us, defend us, keep our country safe.
              With neighbours like those, fighting and killing with honors is not an illusion but a direct prerequisite for life.
              Even the countries where the philosophy that you believe have generated, fighting with honors is still the way.
              Honor, is what victory brings.
              I don't know how old are you, with respect. Have you lived with genocide and occupation survived close relatives?
              Those poor mamigs and babigs that never raised their heads because of embedded fears and sadness in their souls? Those that lived whole lifes with scars of injustice to their dignity?
              Can you compare them to new generation that comes after Artsakh war? Confident and stepping equal with other nations?

Comment

^^^sounds about right for someone who don't give a damn about dead Armenians and its ready to leave them there rotting........that called no honor. Running away from danger leaving your friends behind is no honor. You are right, there is no honor in war, but there is between fighters who depend on each other.

Turks have no honor.
                LOL, yes because I would rather have more death and risk the lives of more soldiers to rescue one man's body, remains of two others, and a couple pieces of scrap metal (Important to say the least). I would have rather seen, as expressed before, this incident used as a way for Armenian's and Azerbaijanis to begin to trust each other, to walk a couple hundred meters. Of course with the help international mediators. The only reason why Armenian troops had to go in there, and get those guys out, was because the international mediators failed to do their job properly, failed to bring attention to the issue, failed to condemn, and failed to finally acknowledge the aggression Armenia is facing. This, I would say, is the closest Armenia has came to war, at least so far. Going in there, possibly suffering causalities, and possibly escalating the situation to the point of no return. Your argument, claiming I dont care about dead Armenians, is the same as when Fox News accuses Obama of not wanting to help dead Americans.

Either way, I dont think my post deserved the ad hominem attack you just dished out. It seems as if you cannot keep your cool on the internet at the moment.

inb4 Turk shill, apologist, blah, blah , blah

Come see that turks, azeris and in some part kurds (all of whom we lived as neighbours) honor killers of Armenians. Be it sleeping, unarmed. Our massacrers, rapists and turturers.
                They have been honoring those for so long that only handfull is left from Armenia.
                They will honor those killers for as long as they exist as nations.
                We are left nothing but to find our honor in wars that liberate us, defend us, keep our country safe.
                And instead of Armenian's admitting that it is the result of serious societal problems in both Azerbaijan and Turkey, they associate with this magical "turc" nature that they have..apparently.

I do not associate myself with any ideology, my views are based off my experience.

I don't know how old are you, with respect. Have you lived with genocide and occupation survived close relatives?
                [/QUOTE]
                Genocide survivors? No, people who lived under oppressive regimes and societies that discriminated against Armenians? Yes, my grandfather was an Artsakh Armenian, who lived in Baku, he was terrorized as a child and his father was murdered for being Armenian. My grandmother is a Persian Armenian, who briefly lived in Tabriz, and complained about how she could not go 5 minutes in a bazaar without getting called an Armenian dog. I lived with them both for 7 years.

Honor, is what victory brings.
                That is not a fact, that is an opinion. Victory, brings you spoils, and the ability to rewrite history. Just ask Turks.

With neighbours like those, fighting and killing with honors is not an illusion but a direct prerequisite for life.
                Lol, Im sorry, but attempting to live up to the concept of honor based off political and ethnic tensions between neighbors is the last thing on a little Armenian boy's mind.

Can you compare them to new generation that comes after Artsakh war? Confident and stepping equal with other nations?
                ayy lmao

I hope everyone hear realizes, that it is eventually, only a matter of time when ethnic groups are abolished. It could be 300 years from now, it could be 100. I dont know, but at looking at the extremely progressive societies in the West, and the average citizen's attitude, the idea of separate ethnic groups are endangered..Its up to the individual to determine if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Do I want it? Not really, but I know its coming, and I know its most likely best for the human race.
                Last edited by Chubs; 11-25-2014, 07:06 PM.

Comment

inb4 Turk shill, apologist, blah, blah , blah
                  Turks are our mortal enemy.......you forget that then you are lost.
                  what is inb4?
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Turks are our mortal enemy.......you forget that then you are lost.
                    what is inb4?
                    While I agree they are our political rivals and regional enemies, thinking like that will get us nowhere. Its best we drop it, disassociate with them, and wait for their society to ultimately break and shatter into little pieces, until Turkey becomes modern day Kurdistan, Anatolian republic, Republic of Constantinople, etc.

Inb4 is usually a rhetorical reply to a user's post before they even post it. I said inb4 Turk shill etc, before anyone posted it, because it is the most likely response out of my post, and because it is rhetorical, anyone addressing it or using something along those lines will look like a complete idiot.

Eddo, your profile pic looks like its from DCS world. (Its an awesome flight simulator)

I like it.

Comment

OK, you know thats not how they see it............stay on topic, you can open a new thread
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X