Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Ak105 View Post
    Did we ever talk about what type of BTRs we got from russia? It would be nice if we got some btr 82s
    Well, we got them for 30 million and it was 110 vehicles..

Making that 270 thousand dollars each vehicle. Average price is 630 thousand dollars (based off shipments to other countries, which includes payments that would have to be made regarding export. Armenia gets its vehicles from Russia at the same price as the Russian Army sometimes less), Armenia got it for less than half of its usual price. The variant of it is up for interpretation, as I dont know the price of an 82, 80A, or an 80... Considering the fact that Russia is replacing most of its fleet of 80s with 82A and 80As...there is a pretty good chance its a more modern variant.

Its seriously time for Armenia to step up its cooperation with Russia. That means holding joint drills with Putin's best.
    Last edited by Chubs; 04-15-2015, 06:19 PM.
    Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Azerbaijani civilian losses leg in landmine explosion
      [ 15 April 2015 17:21 ]

Goranboy. Azer Mammadli – APA. Goranboy district resident Nurlan Karimov, 22, was injured in a landmine explosion in district’s Zeyva village located near the contact line of Azerbaijani and Armenian troops on April 15, APA’s western bureau reported.

The injured was immediately taken to the Goranboy Central Hospital and then to the Ganja Emergency Aid Hospital.

Karimov's left leg was amputated. He is reportedly in critical but stable condition.

Apa.az

------------------------------------------

Ադրբեջանական աղբյուրները հայտնում են Աղդամի հատվածում գրանցված մարտական կորստի մասին

Posted on Ապրիլ 15, 2015 by Վռամ Խոջագորյան

Ադրբեջանի զինված ուժերի զինծառայող, 1991-ին ծնված և Բիլյասուվարի շրջանից պայմանագրային զինծառայության զորակոչված ենթասպա Շահմուրադ Ալիզադե Հիլալ օղլուն սպանվել է՝ նախնական տեղեկություններով դիպուկահարի գնդակից՝ առաջնագծի Աղդամի հատվածում։

Այս մասին Ռազմինֆոյին հայտնի է դարձել սոցիալական ցանցերից։ Համաձայն այդ աղբյուրների, դեպքը գրանցվել է ապրիլի 14-ին։ Պաշտոնական աղբյուրներն այս տեղեկությունն առայժմ որևէ կերպ չեն մեկնաբանել։

Նշենք, որ սա Ադրբեջանի պաշտպանական և անվտանգության համակարգերում 2015-ի ապրիլին գրանցված մահվան ելքով 5-րդ դեպքն է, որի մասին հայտնի է դարձել։

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
        Wasn't asking about Austraila the country, but about the accuracy of the evaluations made by the web site you refer to.
        Is ausairpower. Net accurate in their comments about military aircraft?
        Yes its accurate,
        and you can see the aggravation and frustrations Australians have about F-22 and the Sukhoi. Like Mher said US may not export the YF-22 just yet but some Australians are thinking they don't need it. They are Island continent. They have their F-18s and two F35 which is enough as modern fighters are concerned. Plus many other toys which gives them a formidable Airforce.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
          Nobody, not even England or Israel gets the raptor.
          If the web site "air power Austraila " is getting its facts straight, Austraila is being bamboozled (huge politicle pressure by USA ) to go with the F35 program. Nobody is pleased with the ludicrous cost or lack of performance and troubles encountered so far. Same with F22 insofar as consistent troubles and stupid cost.
          The raptor was never finished because of stupid costs and that's why the troubles continue. Same with F35.
          My point is that USA just like Russia has put tremendous pressure on Austraila and others to buy USA.
          The web site I refer to has shown the least "nationalistic" nonsense in its evaluation of military aircraft and components.
          thats pretty much sums it up.....Australia is forced to spend tte money and buy, lol they are friends of USA these descendants Australians from penal colony who wants to be like Americans but hate America and love the Queen. Something is wrong with Australians, I lived/flew their....talk about everything backwards.

I have a special but limited first hand look at F35 in action. My conclusion is its the best (very best) harrier jet built to date. You should see these planes pop off the ground vertically with the utmost control and speed and then power into their trajectory. Quite impressive. Their limited but significant stealth and electronics/avionics is what USA is putting its hopes on, because the F35 can't outfly an SU27.
          In engagement, considering same level pilots the F-35 will out manoeuver the SU-27
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
            thats pretty much sums it up.....Australia is forced to spend tte money and buy, lol they are friends of USA these descendants Australians from penal colony who wants to be like Americans but hate America and love the Queen. Something is wrong with Australians, I lived/flew their....talk about everything backwards.

In engagement, considering same level pilots the F-35 will out manoeuver the SU-27
            I won't disagree because there is no head to head straight up competition to get the definitive.....
            As a simple flying platform without considering avionics/electronic ...etc, I'm having trouble seeing that configuration out flying a flanker. But I could be wrong. It can fly faster. It's wings aren't near as functional (unless stealth wise) for actual *** really good *** flying like everything from "27 through t50. But maybe I'm wrong.
            The money mongrels have jerked USA public around big time on military aircraft not to mention ALL else.
            It's just my personal opinion but no matter what modern hoo doo you put on that plan, you start with the best flying platform.
            The cost in USA to try and try again is so great, they've bleed the govt into cutting costs.
            Just my opinion, ... There is a reason you don't see USA going head to head with Russia.
            They are hoping on the 6th generation. 4th & 5th ain't gonna get it.

Comment

To clarify --- I meant the su27 can fly faster. I meant to say I'm not sure what the f35 wing configuration is good for other than possibly stealth, because they aren't nearly as agile config as 27/35/50.

Comment

According to US the F-35 will eventually replace current 5th gen jets no matter how long or how much it costs. The F-35 wings are a work of art. top speed is bellow Mach2 so yes it is slower.
                the F-22 has been a disaster but thats how you advance/learn at the cutting edge of aviation.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Warrant officer of Azerbaijani army killed
                  [ 16 April 2015 10:17 ]
                  Baku. Agha Jafarli – APA. Azerbaijani Army has lost a serviceman.

The Defense Ministry said that the warrant officer of Azerbaijani armed forces, Alizade Shahmurad Hilal was killed as a result of the violation of ceasefire by Armenians, APA reports.

Defense Ministry’s leadership expressed deep condolences to the relatives of martyrs and wished them patience!

Comment

Սեյրան Օհանյանը մեկնում է Մոսկվա

Ռուսաստանի Դաշնության պաշտպանության նախարար, բանակի գեներալ Սերգեյ Շոյգուի հրավերով ՀՀ պաշտպանության նախարար Սեյրան Օհանյանը կմասնակցի ապրիլի 16-17-ը Մոսկվայում կայանալիք միջազգային անվտանգության հարցերով հերթական համաժողովին:

Այս մասին NEWS.am-ը տեղեկանում է ՊՆ մամուլի ծառայությունից:

Նա կմասնակցի ապրիլի 16-17-ը Մոսկվայում կայանալիք միջազգային անվտանգության հարցերով հերթական համաժողովին…

Comment

I guess they already function before all these recent signings in Italy

Minister about Italian companies functioning in Karabakh
                      Wed 15 April 2015 08:26 GMT

Azerbaijani Minister has commented on the situation with Italian companies functioning in the occupied lands of Azerbaijan.
                      The activity of some Italian companies in the occupied lands of Azerbaijan, organization of the visits to these lands, as well as participation of the self-proclaimed republics at the exhibitions and events in Italy are unacceptable.
                      Oxu.Az reports with reference to APA that the statement came from the Minister of Economy and Industry, Shahin Mustafayev at the business meeting Azerbaijan-Italy held today.
                      He said some Italian companies function in Karabakh and the Italian government should take measures to avert such cases.
                      Italian Minister of Economic Development Federica Guidi told reporters that she had discussed this issue with her Azerbaijani counterpart.
                      "These companies will be issued a warning. I do hope they will stop this activity", she said.

Comment

Working...
                      X