Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
    This also raises the question would Turkey supply the Azeri with TOW missiles currently or during any future war.

They seem to be ten to the penny these days. Why can't we acquire some through the black market etc.

Greece has plenty of TOWs of many variants. The guys who supplied is with Milan

Comment

Kansas National Guard assists Armenian Peacekeeping Brigade prep for NATO evaluation

Comment

Originally posted by Armynia View Post
        9K114 Shturm

Milan anti tank missle

It's confirmed that we have Milan. Any confirmation that we have 9K114 Shturm?

Edit: We do have the Shturm mounted on MT-LB 9P149
        Last edited by armnuke; 01-09-2016, 05:08 AM.

Comment

These days, ATGMs have been as effective as tanks themselves. Look at what Hezbollah did to Israeli Merkavas in 2006, look at the Houthis cooking Saudi M-60s and Abrams' in Yemen, and of course Syria, where the Syrian Army is losing armor everyday.

I will post what I can confirm with citations, and add to this post as I find more info.

From razm.info
          Milan ATGM (as Armynia pointed out)

Notice the Russian Night sight on our Milan
          Milan is Wire-guided like the Tow

Also from razm.info
          9K111 xxxot (To the left of the photo)
          Wire-guided
          "The 9K111 xxxot was developed alongside the 9M113 Konkurs; both missiles use similar technology – only differing in size – and can use the same launchers."

9K115-2 Metis-M
          The Metis is newer than the 9K111 xxxot
          Wire-guided

Same simulators seen here

9K114 Shturm
          I can find only ones mounted on MT-LBs
          According to trend.az, we got these from Moldova.
          Партия вооружений ожидает своей отправки в Украину и Армению, пишет 1in.am со ссылкой на молдавское агентство OMEGA.

27 vehicles and 219 missiles

If anyone has input please add.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by armnuke; 01-09-2016, 05:30 AM.

Comment

There are a small number of pictures of our ATGM's at internet.

I found this while searching.

Serj with Metis,

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AstalaVist View Post
              There are a small number of pictures of our ATGM's at internet.

I found this while searching.

Serj with Metis,

It's a xxxggot 9k111

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                Can somebody give a breakdown of what anti-tank missiles Armenia has? I know this thread once uncovered that Armenia has Metis-M but we haven't seen much of it since. The only anti-tank missiles we constantly see on Armenian videos are Konkurs. I ask because as those who are somewhat following the conflict in Syria will have noticed, the weapon making the single greatest difference on the battlefield are anti-tank missiles such as TOWs. It's really the only factor that has prevented the Syrian government from militarily crushing the rebels. Now I realize the war between Armenia and Azerbaijan would be quite different than the one in Syria but it's still an interesting measure to compare it to and our capabilities in crushing an Azerbaijani army that has spent billions on armor.
                Federate, you just asked my favorite question. Basically we have At-4 (xxxot), At-5 (Konkurs), At-6 (Shturm), At-13 (Metis-M). Regarding the MILANs, there has not been any confirmation yet. Azeris accused Greece and Cyprus for supplying us. We never denied it. The entire issue started in one of Armenia's Military Exhibitions where an Armenian company was promoting improved sight (or something like that) for anti-tank missiles and they had set a MILAN launcher minus the missile.

Frankly I don't know whether it was a real launcher or an iron made mock up either. The company was actually promoting its own development and not showing the missile. It could have been that it was trying to market its product to European countries and that's why it chose a MILAN platform. The Germans and French denied that such a sale had occurred.

I frankly don't believe that we have MILANs. Because if we did, there's no way we would show them because it will eventually get Greece or Cyprus in trouble (if they really supplied us). Moreover, what's the use of buying a missile system which you cannot maintain, repair or re-supply during war?

Anti-tank missiles are complex systems that require a lot of training. What's the point of training MILAN crews, if once the missiles are finished you are not going to be able to get a new batch nor use these crews for anything else.

Moreover, MILAN is good, but relatively old system. We do have systems that are equally capable. So I don't see the rationale of purchasing MILANs.

If anything, this was the outcome of few Armenian internet online strategists who confused reality with their own dreams, coupled with low IQ azeri media people that made a big fuss out of it.

On the other hand, I do believe Anti-tank weapons should be the target of our upcoming acquisitions. I have said this many times here. Karabakh has a mountainous terrain. Azeri tanks will not be able to roll in bunch. They have to roll in columns to get from one place to the other. Thus, whoever controls the mountain passes, will win the upcoming war. If we buy efficient systems as the Kornet (At-14) or Khrizantema (At-15) we would be able to bury their armored columns on every valley and hilltop.

Our current systems are pretty good. But we need more advanced missiles if we want to go up head to head with Azeri T-90s with advanced countermeasures.

Comment

Armenian Air Defense

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaSacra View Post
                    Federate, you just asked my favorite question. Basically we have At-4 (xxxot), At-5 (Konkurs), At-6 (Shturm), At-13 (Metis-M). Regarding the MILANs, there has not been any confirmation yet. Azeris accused Greece and Cyprus for supplying us. We never denied it. The entire issue started in one of Armenia's Military Exhibitions where an Armenian company was promoting improved sight (or something like that) for anti-tank missiles and they had set a MILAN launcher minus the missile.

Frankly I don't know whether it was a real launcher or an iron made mock up either. The company was actually promoting its own development and not showing the missile. It could have been that it was trying to market its product to European countries and that's why it chose a MILAN platform. The Germans and French denied that such a sale had occurred.

I frankly don't believe that we have MILANs. Because if we did, there's no way we would show them because it will eventually get Greece or Cyprus in trouble (if they really supplied us). Moreover, what's the use of buying a missile system which you cannot maintain, repair or re-supply during war?

Anti-tank missiles are complex systems that require a lot of training. What's the point of training MILAN crews, if once the missiles are finished you are not going to be able to get a new batch nor use these crews for anything else.

Moreover, MILAN is good, but relatively old system. We do have systems that are equally capable. So I don't see the rationale of purchasing MILANs.

If anything, this was the outcome of few Armenian internet online strategists who confused reality with their own dreams, coupled with low IQ azeri media people that made a big fuss out of it.

On the other hand, I do believe Anti-tank weapons should be the target of our upcoming acquisitions. I have said this many times here. Karabakh has a mountainous terrain. Azeri tanks will not be able to roll in bunch. They have to roll in columns to get from one place to the other. Thus, whoever controls the mountain passes, will win the upcoming war. If we buy efficient systems as the Kornet (At-14) or Khrizantema (At-15) we would be able to bury their armored columns on every valley and hilltop.

Our current systems are pretty good. But we need more advanced missiles if we want to go up head to head with Azeri T-90s with advanced countermeasures.
                    We probably have more, but it's not disclosed, which is better. Hezbollah possesed At-14 Kornet in 2006. I don't see any reason why we should not. We also have AT-3 Sagger, which played a decisive role in the 1973 Arab-Israeli war.

Comment

Russion Delegation visits Lubawa Armenia CJSC
                      27 November 2015

The Russion Delegation headed by Mr. Oleg Bochkarev, the deputy chairman of the Board of the Russian military-industrial complex and the President of the Board of the Russian military-industrial complex on issues concerning military economic cooperation amongst CSTO member states , that was in Armenia at the invitation of the Minister of Defence of Armenia, visited Lubawa Armenia CJSC on November 18th.

During the tour around factory the delegation got acquainted with the production process the products of Lubawa Armenia CJSC.

The main purpose of the visit of Delegation was to get acquainted with the military-industrial complex of the Republic of Armenia and to identify new areas for cooperation.

Comment

Working...
                      X