Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Comment

Some quotes from the press briefing by NKR President Bako Sahakian that just concluded:

"If Azerbaijan tries to violate the ceasefire regime the way they did in the early morning hours of April 2, then the units of the NKR Defense Army will respond accordingly."

"We shouldn't rely on new agreements. We are ready for everything."

"We are not fighting for territory. We are fighting for our homeland."

"Azerbaijan's military operation was unsuccessful thanks to the soldiers of the NKR Defense Army, thanks to the contract servicemen, volunteers from Mother Armenia, veterans, Diasporans who came from all over the world."

"We are undertaking a number of measures, taking into consideration Azerbaijan's behavior in recent years, and if Azerbaijan continues to violate the ceasefire, we will respond accordingly...having said that we continue to remain faithful to the peace process."

At the end of the press briefing, Sahakian extended his condolences to the families of the fallen soldiers and said that because of the ongoing situation, it had not been possible to take part in the funeral services.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaR1 View Post
        Armenia and Azerbijan are not talking the truth and i don't believe them both. Why we don't know anything About the positions that we took back? How when with what(azeris had a big operation to take it,what about our side), do we realy took it al back? or is this à silly game of Serz, i think serz know more and this is his game he gave those positions to the turks. Why? I think we wil know it over couple years his eschi xod
        You are implying serge gave those lands to the azeris ? Do you also believe in illuminati and aliens governing us ? Its not a game here , its reality

Comment

Originally posted by haydavid View Post
          You are implying serge gave those lands to the azeris ? Do you also believe in illuminati and aliens governing us ? Its not a game here , its reality
          Agree. Also, it has already be shown that the Azeris "gains" were all temporary- Armenians now control Talish, Talish heights etc and are currently stationed there...with photographic evidence btw. The only gain by the Azeris was Lala-Tepe hill in the south, about 100 meters from the original line. The last thing we need is conspiracy theories.
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Armenia and Azerbijan are not talking the truth and i don't believe them both. Why we don't know anything About the positions that we took back? How when with what(azeris had a big operation to take it,what about our side), do we realy took it al back? or is this à silly game of Serz, i think serz know more and this is his game he gave those positions to the turks. Why? I think we wil know it over couple years his eschi xod
            Please click "Log Out" on the top right hand corner of your screen
            Last edited by Shant03; 04-07-2016, 09:29 AM.

Comment

It's not just Armenian media, but international reporters have already reported from Talish after Armenians took it back and you can find them on youtube. Talish is the village closest to the border. If Armenians control Talish well enough that people can safely report from there, it only makes sense that we control everything behind it, and likely a safe distance in front of it.

Comment

Dude that's really childish of you. It's not the time for this now.

Comment

Karabakh MOD ‏@Karabakh_MoD 35s36 seconds ago
                  #Karabakh defense minister Mnatsakanyan accepted @OSCE MG co-chairs & presented undeniable evidence of #Azerbaijan’s military aggression.

Comment

Technological Battlefield: Experts call for introduction of hi-tech in defenses in wake of Karabakh clashes

Karabakh | 07.04.16 | 09:32

By Sara Khojoyan
                    ArmeniaNow reporter

The recent flare-up of deadly fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh also revealed that Armenian armed forces had little opportunity to use high technologies in their defenses, notes an expert, who calls for boosting the introduction of such technologies in the military.

According to executive director of the Union of Information Technology Enterprises Karen Vardanyan, while the Armenian army showed military strength during operations that were taking place in the conflict zone on April 2-5, its soldiers were, in reality, fighting against Azerbaijan’s machines.

“We have a technological era. If we are not ready for that, then we will have to pay a high price for it. And the price is human life. As in all epochs, eventually the one who is technologically more powerful will prevail,” he said.

As of late Wednesday, the Armenian side acknowledged the deaths of 32 servicemen, saying that 121 were wounded and 25 went missing in the recent fighting in Karabakh.

To reduce the loss of life, Vardanyan called for stronger ties among the government, the public and the scientific community in order to develop the potential in the military industry. “A human life is more important than a piece of hardware, and our soldier has to fight against hardware,” Vardanyan said.

Chief editor of the Hetq publication Edik Baghdasaryan, who was in Karabakh during the time of the fierce battles, also called for the introduction of new technologies into the army as he shared his thoughts on Facebook.

“Today, here, every moment you feel how much behind we are. It should have become a priority a long time ago,” Baghdasaryan, who also fought in the 1992-1994 Karabakh war as a volunteer, wrote.

Observers, in particular, have paid attention to the extensive use by Azerbaijan of drones against military and civilians in Karabakh. Meanwhile, they say, Armenians should have been able to neutralize their use more effectively.

Civil activist Aren Manukyan believes the task would have been solved if there were less corruption in the army and “the money were directed at the development of new technologies in the army.”

Armenian Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan also responded to questions about the use of technology during a question-and-answer session in parliament on Wednesday. While overall praising the Armenian military for its operations in Karabakh, the minister also stated that lessons from some of the shortcomings will be learned and that more efforts will be made to develop the military industry sector in the coming years.

Comment

Why is it childish of me, we Armenians should not close our eyes and ears for things we don't want to hear or see, serz is a turk and if he could he would sell Armenia to turks he don't gife a xxxx about Armenia or karabakh al he care about is filling his pocket... Aziks got Turk like brothers on theyr side, and what do we have?Russians? Selling smerch en buratinos, one of the dangerous waepons to our anemy? 1 batilion smerch can xxxx the hell out of stepanakert and karabakh... Our ally russia and where whas serz call to Putin? Idiot what are you doing...

Comment

Working...
                      X