Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Odysseus View Post
    So there're new clashes along the border? Or is this from earlier?
    New clashes. I see three dead so far on our side. I am getting the feeling they are goading us to attack. I fear there is a trap for us and it may involve more then just the Azeris.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Azeri Defense Ministry plane landed twice in Israel during fighting in
      Nagorno-Karabakh

13:16, 26 Apr 2016
      Siranush Ghazanchyan

A large cargo plane belonging to the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry has
      landed in Israel twice in recent weeks, apparently at the Uvda
      military airfield in the Negev. The flights, which took off from the
      Azerbaijani capital Baku, occurred about two weeks ago, in the midst
      of the latest round of fighting between the Azerbaijani and Armenian
      armies in Nagorno-Karabakh, according to a publicly-accessible online
      flight database, Haaretz reports.

Israel and Azerbaijan have a strategic alliance going back many years.
      According to foreign reports, Israel has become a key supplier of arms
      to Azerbaijan in recent years, selling nearly $5 billion worth of
      weapons over the past four years. Azerbaijan is also one of Israel’s
      chief oil suppliers.

The Ilyushin 76 cargo plane arrived in Israel on April 4 and again on
      April 6, according to an internet flight database. The plane, which
      flies under the call sign AZAF8 (Azerbaijani Air Force 8) came from
      the direction of Turkey, flew over Cyprus and entered Israeli airspace
      over Tel Aviv, according to the report.
      The plane remained on the ground for two to three hours each time
      before taking off again for Baku. It is not clear whether the plane
      unloaded cargo or loaded it, Haaretz said.

The plane, which bears the registration number “K-781314” on the side,
      has been owned by the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry since September 1,

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Two Deaths on Armenian Side, Azerbaijan Has Losses Too
        Lragir.am

26 April 2016, 11:29

In the night of April 25, the enemy violated the agreement on ceasing fire in the area of the Karabakh-Azerbaijani armed conflict over 80 times, using almost all types of artillery and armored machines, including 60 mm (26 projectiles), 82 mm (75 projectiles) mortars, RPG-7 (7 projectiles), SPG-9 (2 projectiles) and AGS-17 grenade launchers (3 projectiles), ZU-23-2 zenith launchers (200 shots), TR-107 reactive rocket systems and tank. Besides the military posts, the enemy shelled the town of Martakert using MM-21 (Grad) (14 projectiles). Artillery fire was opened in the direction of Mataghis village (8 projectiles).
        In the result of violation of the agreements on ceasing fire Defense Army servicemen Tigran Mkhitar Poghosyan (born 1992) and Aram Nikolay Arushanyan (born 1972) got deadly injuries.

The NKR Ministry of Defense informs that the Karabakh army undertook preemptive steps and targeted its front posts and emplacements causing them losses of personnel and military equipment.
        As of now, the situation is relatively calm along the entire line of contact between the conflict forces.

- See more at: http://www.lragir.am/index/eng/0/cou....VdgRyrI8.dpuf
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Talking to my Greek friend who has experience in the Greek army and is currently a military journalist.

"I am 100% certain this was Turkish planning based on their sources and intel, no way could AZ pull a stunt like this. They tested you so they could launch later something bigger."
          Last edited by armnuke; 04-26-2016, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
            Talking to my Greek friend who has experience in the Greek army and is currently a military journalist.

"I am 100% certain this was Turkish planning based on their sources and intel, no way could AZ pull a stunk like this. They tested you so they could launch later something bigger."
            I agree. I expect a large attack will come soon quite soon. NKR should be prepared and show no constraint or mercy when it comes.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
              I agree. I expect a large attack will come soon quite soon. NKR should be prepared and show no constraint or mercy when it comes.
              Armenia too should open fire on them to relieve pressure. Azerbaijan sees this as Armenia invading Artsakh and doesn't differentiate between the two republics.

Comment

Sorry about these images, they are from google world.

It show Talish. From the images nearly all roofs have been blown off.

Clearly uninhabitable for the near future.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

Sorry about these images, they are from google world.

It show Talish. From the images nearly all roofs have been blown off.

Clearly uninhabitable for the near future.

If I'm not mistaken, most of the roofs were blown off during the 1988-94 war and left like that.

Comment

Apparently this was an Armenian ex con trying to kill his relatives.. still I hope this doesn't trigger any ideas for the turks.

Comment

What do you mean? What more can they do than retaliate against their artillery positions? The azeri leadership dont care how much damage their military get. Only if we start targeting their energy infrastracture and damms will they start caring. Also large cities like ganja. But if the past 5 years have shown NKR is quite comfortable with having these attrition skirmishes since they dont change the status quo and prolong negotiations. And in the mean time more ppl will be sacrificed on both sides because of this strategy.

Comment

Working...
                      X