Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
    Նորաստեղծ «Հայդուկ» կամավորական ջոկատը

Wherever we are our cross stones will be with us. They have been since beginning of times, even before Christianity.
    Long after humanity is gone, there will be only our cross stones left of us scattered, reminding of our people.
    Last edited by Hakob; 06-30-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
      Lebanese newspaper refers to Armenia as "Impoverished" and "surrendering country's sovereignty" in their article about the joint Air Defense.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Wor...th-russia.ashx
      And this is from a country that has no air Defence and who's air space has been raped too many times by neigbours at their will in past 40 years?
      Last edited by Hakob; 06-30-2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
        And this is from a country that has no air Defence and who's air space has been raped too many times by neigbours at their will in past 40 years?
        check the comment below.

edit: already deleted LOL
        Last edited by armnuke; 06-30-2016, 10:31 AM.

Comment

The same country where most manufacturing industry was built by Armenians. Same country where 80% of their GDP was from Arab oil banking. Same country where 70% Christians turned to 70% Muslims in 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
            The same country where most manufacturing industry was built by Armenians. Same country where 80% of their GDP was from Arab oil banking. Same country where 70% Christians turned to 70% Muslims in 50 years.
            it's a fake country. a french construct. and surrounded by muslims. it was doomed from the beginning.

Comment

Ask me..LOL
              Lived there 25 years (or should I say wasted 25 years).
              There are daily airspace violations by Israeli jets.
              Yet they write crap about Armenia.
              I wouldn't exchange only Yerevan for 10 Lebanons.

Comment

Actually Artur Meschian's song was meant to brake the reliance on God and religion in defending our nation... ...
                I am not anti God, I believe in our religion as well as I full understand and have experienced the power of faith.

On the front line religious gimmicks do not have a place in my view.

Coming to .... "Where were you God" ..... the translation in English

if you read carefully the responsibility is being put on God. To me that is unacceptable.

a song about the genocide of the Armenian people

Where were You, G-d −
                When a whole abandoned nation became mad...
                Where were You, G-d −
                When our pleas faded in indifference...
                Where were You, G-d −
                When they were destroying a beauteous country...
                Where were You, G-d −
                When, mad of pain, we were praying − Amen...
                Where were You, G-d −
                When the eyes of justice closed...
                Where were You, G-d −
                When the prayer froze on the lips of my nation...
                Where were You, G-d −
                When the Heavens shook from the cry of salvation...
                You were silent, G-d −
                When, crucified on the crosses, we were praying − Amen...

In my starving heart there was no other faith and love but You, my Lord;
                I believed in You and begged You as a foolish one,
                Where were You G-d −
                When they were devouring a beauteous country,
                Where were You G-d −
                When, without any hope, we were praying − Amen...

Give us strength, G-d −
                Not to be lost in the stormy sea of ​​life...
                Give us heart, G-d −
                To wipe out lips of suffering...
                Give us light, G-d −
                To find a way in this gloomy darkness...
                Give us hope, G-d −
                To pray with our parched lips − Amen...

I never want our nation ever to have to say the same words in the song.

Last edited by londontsi; 06-30-2016, 11:14 AM.
                Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

I like this new equation. Bunch of turkic Islamists carried out the attack at the Constantinople Airport. I hope this will strain the relationship with Russia.

"Three foreign nationals – a Russian (Chechen), an Uzbek and a Kyrgyz – carried out the shooting and triple suicide bombing at Atatürk airport in Istanbul, Turkish officials have said ..."

Comment

11:20 30/06/2016
                    Women deminers have cleared 20.473 square meters in Nagorno Karabakh Republic

This photograph was found at maptia.com, where the Italian photographer published photographs of Artsakh women. Frankly, we’ve never thought that women and girls could be involved in demining. Even in Artsakh. What the girls and women of your country pick up in the fields marks the line that separates war from peace.The HALO Trust is a humanitarian not for profit, non-religious organization which is conducting mine clearance and unexploded ordnance (UXO) disposal around the world in post conflict countries. Ash Boddy, Programme Manager in Nagorno Karabakh told Panorama.am that HALO started to implement full-scale mine clearance and unexploded ordnance disposal in Nagorno Karabakh in 2000, in order to prevent mine and UXO accidents and make agricultural land safe to use.

Panorama.am – Why has the organization decided to hire women for demining?
                    Ash Boddy – In 2015 HALO NK recruited its first female team. There were several reasons for recruiting women. The simplest answer is that there is no good reason not to recruit women! Our experiences have shown in other countries (Georgia, Cambodia, Colombia and others) that women can do the job just as well as men. Additionally, it is hoped that by employing women in a job that is typically male dominated, women can prove to themselves and to their community that they have the power to achieve things previously considered impossible. The HALO Trust, and our donors, feel that the empowerment of women in their communities is a considered priority.

Panorama.am – How many women deminers do the organization have and from which regions are they generally from?
                    Ash Boddy – Today the HALO NK programme has 5 women deminers, all from Norashenik village of Lachin region. Another 6 women deminers are currently undertaking a demining course, and, depending on their successful completion of the course and the exams, will be employed in live clearance tasks from early July. We will be recruitment more female teams as the year progresses. We have traditionally recruited and hired female members of staff in operations support roles since the beginning of the programme.

Panorama.am – How much area has been cleared by the women’s team? In which areas did they work? Where do they currently work?
                    Ash Boddy – Currently the women’s team is working in Vaghazin area of Lachin region working on an anti-tank minefield. Previously they were working in Karegah, also in Lachin region. In total, they have cleared 20,473 square meters, clearing 7 anti-personnel mines, one anti-tank mine and 2 UXO in the process.

Panorama.am – Is it easy to recruit women counting the fact of work difficulty? Do families of these women easily agree with the fact that their ladies become deminers, and generally, what do women say - why do they decide to become deminers, what they say about their work?
                    Ash Boddy – The only concern that the families expressed was the danger which as they think the mine clearance process poses. But during demining training and after deploying to the fields, the women and their families have realized that the process is not dangerous when the clearance is run according to Standard Operations Procedures and in a safe manner. We can’t say that the women had always dreamed of becoming deminers, but these ladies have made their decisions based on the fact that, first of all, humanitarian mine clearance increases the safety of them their families and their children and, secondly, the job provides an income that helps the women’s families improve their socio-economic status and brings stability to their lives.

Panorama.am – Usually, women are more careful, more attentive; does it help them during the work?
                    Ash Boddy – Common generalisations about men and women have so far proved inaccurate in HALO’s experiences, both in Karabakh and in our programmes in other countries. Our supervisors, who have many years’ experience in the field, say that our female and male teams approach their jobs in the same way: with dedication, conscientiousness, and pride. The HALO trust does not treat or pay its male and female teams differently – all deminers are treated equally, and the same attitude and productivity is expected from everybody, regardless of gender. We can say, though, that we have been particularly impressed with the ladies’ discipline and attention to detail!

The HALO Trust was founded in 1988 in response to the global humanitarian catastrophe caused by landmines. The problem was particularly acute in Afghanistan. The organization operates in Nagorno Karabakh, Cambodia. Mozambique, Somali, Sri-Lanka, Eritrea, Abkhazia, Chechnya, Kosovo, Angola and Afghanistan.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                      Lebanese newspaper refers to Armenia as "Impoverished" and "surrendering country's sovereignty" in their article about the joint Air Defense.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Wor...th-russia.ashx
                      Mission accomplished The article has been edited and insults have been removed.
                      Last edited by armnuke; 06-30-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X