Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    hahahaha you're so funny and no one here believes that you're hay so go and follow gmd's advice.
    And I can tell you no one out of Haysatan thinks like this. Thank god they don't.
    I wouldn't say "no one". I think we've had a topic on this. These types have to be marginalized though.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
      I wouldn't say "no one". I think we've had a topic on this. These types have to be marginalized though.
      You have retards every were and Hayastan is no exception.

Comment

Shaumian, dont worry I said the exact same thing as you when I first joined and was also branded a Turk....

The ultra-nationalists always seem to have the loudest-voice. I find it is better to be quiet and intelligent than loud and ignorant.

Perhaps we should start a discussion where we can weigh the Pro's and Cons of the Arstakh situation. As for dashnaks, they once played a vital role in our fight for independence but it seems the mentality has persisted. Currently I find them to be doing more damage than good but I do understand their importance in history.

Pros: More land (tourism, agriculture etc.), Pride and Dignity, More freedom for karabakhtsi (freedom can be defined differently)

Cons: 2 Blockades, Information war, Exhausting arms race, lack of regional integration, Loss on major oil and transportation projects, Increased Dependency on Russia, More costs to Hyastanci's, Loss of potential jobs due to blockade, Dependency on unreliable and devastated georgia, Less freedom for Karabkhtsis (karabakh would likely see more investment with azerbaijani oil money)

Comment

Originally posted by Shaumian View Post
          What leads you to believe that I'm a Turk? Wouldn't a Turkish troll make anti-Armenian remarks? I simply have the opinion that the war in Karabax and more broadly the reign of the Dashnaks have been disastrous for Armenia.
          First off it's not Dashnaks it's Tashnagtsoutyoun or the Armenian Republican Federation, and they have a long history of rescuing, fighting and creating what you now call the Republic of Armenia. Then as you have been already told Artsakh's survival and preservation is ultimately important for Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
            First off it's not Dashnaks it's Tashnagtsoutyoun or the Armenian Republican Federation
            My dear Anoush, ARF = Armenian revolutionary Federation

Then as you have been already told Artsakh's survival and preservation is ultimately important for Armenia
            I have heard this argument many times but no one seems to elaborate on it. Please clarify how the Status quo regarding karabakh is important for Armenia, or as some would argue "vital for our nations survival".

Please don't see this question as provocation. I would love to see Armenia and Karabakh united as one, my dream is the same as years however, I beleive it may be beneficial to let this one slide. Anyways, I look forward to hearing everyones views.
            Last edited by truAnatolian; 11-25-2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Considering what was once Armenia and what is now left, and in light of the historic reasons for that reduction, then I do not see how we can ever let even an inch slide. Please explain why the turks have all of a sudden become something we can trust. Do you not believe in learning from history?

Comment

Originally posted by truAnatolian View Post
                Shaumian, dont worry I said the exact same thing as you when I first joined and was also branded a Turk....

The ultra-nationalists always seem to have the loudest-voice. I find it is better to be quiet and intelligent than loud and ignorant.
                There is no such thing as an "ultra-nationalist". You don't need to hide your disdain of nationalism by putting "ultra-" in front of it. We not only have the loudest voice (because there is loud in forums) but we also are intelligent.
                As for dashnaks, they once played a vital role in our fight for independence but it seems the mentality has persisted. Currently I find them to be doing more damage than good but I do understand their importance in history.
                Ah, what a classic. Blame the usual suspects, the Dashnaks. Everyone feels comfortable doing that, it's like a psychological safe zone, just like the idiotic post from that Shaumian character who thinks the ARF is governing Armenia. Anatolian, how are they "doing more damage than good" right now? Is it by instilling Armenianism in people's hearts and souls? Is it by slowing down the process of assimilation in the diaspora? Or maybe they spend too much time with lobbying for the Armenian cause and doing fundraisers for Armenia? With ~15 seats in the Armenian parliament and 3 in the Artsakh parliament, they seem to be doing soooo many bad things in Armenia, it's incredible!
                Pros: More land (tourism, agriculture etc.), Pride and Dignity, More freedom for karabakhtsi (freedom can be defined differently)

Cons: 2 Blockades, Information war, Exhausting arms race, lack of regional integration, Loss on major oil and transportation projects, Increased Dependency on Russia, More costs to Hyastanci's, Loss of potential jobs due to blockade, Dependency on unreliable and devastated georgia, Less freedom for Karabkhtsis (karabakh would likely see more investment with azerbaijani oil money)
                Sorry, Armenia is not for sale.
                Last edited by Federate; 11-25-2008, 05:59 PM.
                Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

You can check out this thread and observe the maps to see for yourself why NKR is vital to Armenia's security, especially considering the Azerbaboon land claims on Armenia.
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

anatolian and shaumian, please take the above advice and find a landmine ASAP!
                    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

This is not something I ever wanted to bring up, perhaps it is only between me and my uncle or perhaps it is felt by other western armenians as well but the dashnaks may have provoked the genocide. They created alot of problems for the anatolian armenian population as they (the dashnaks) originated in Russian armenia as opposed to Turkish armenia.

Anyways, that is history and I love armenians no matter their political affiliation or where they originated.

As for "learning from history".... Germany and Japan suffered the greatest defeats of the 20th century and they are now both economic,democratic and military powerhouses. Israel is smaller than Armenia proper and yet more powerful.

Strength of a nation doesn't come from how much land it possesses anymore it comes from how important you are to other countries. This is the age of globalization. Ceding karabakh (i hate the word cede but it will have to do) will allow us, if its not already too late, integration into major oil pipelines of great interest to other countries. Then armenia will have a real and tangible bargaining chip and power. Karabakh doesn't give us power. Economy, integration, and military technology to follow will.

Please explain to me why Americas allies do so well, while Russia's allies do poorly? Why do countries who hate eachother (i.e croatia,bosnia,serbia or Syria and Turkey) still have open borders and get along while Armenia and its neighbours don't......Its because we have no economy. We don't matter. Lets face it $$ makes the world go round and if you can't beat em' join em! Live to fight another day. Lets integrate and make peace with our neighbours, their minorities will keep them on edge for us. Our problem is that we are too vocal. If we don't like your country, we'll tell you. And though though such straight forwardness and honesty is a virtue, it doesn't work in this world. Give em what they want, our diasporan dollars will go alot farther, investment will pour in and we will gain true power and then we can strike when the time is right.

I don't see it as "selling-out" armenia. A countries military strength is directly correlated to its economic strength, whether that means buying arms or exerting influence. We must look long-term.

Free and Prosperous Armenia forever!
                      Last edited by truAnatolian; 11-25-2008, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X