Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by truAnatolian View Post
    Resistance to losing Armenia to Turkey always seem to have the loudest-voice. I find it is better to be quiet and intelligent than loud and ignorant.
    yes indeed.

p.s. I went ahead and described what "ultra nationalist" is.

Comment

As for "learning from history".... Germany and Japan suffered the greatest defeats of the 20th century and they are now both economic,democratic and military powerhouses. Israel is smaller than Armenia proper and yet more powerful.
      Germany's economy and social integrity today is as xxxxty as ever, and Japan is facing integration into a Chinese lead power either by means of economic pressure or chaotic military destruction.

Israel is not smaller than Armenia, but it is hated by many more people and faces isolation due to its belligerence

Karabakh doesn't give us power. Economy, integration, and military technology to follow will.
      Artsakh gives us a workable flood gate towards the Turkish yoke. Personally I'm more drawn to living in Artsakh or the occupied lands themselves than in Armenia proper, even though I've never visited either.

Lets learn from this history of yours Anatolian, so we can stop writing new chapters already and die out.
      Last edited by jgk3; 11-25-2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Israel:
        total: 20,770 sq km
        land: 20,330 sq km
        water: 440 sq km

Armenia:
        total: 29,743 sq km (+ Artsakh whatever it is)
        land: 28,454 sq km
        water: 1,289 sq km

If you were referring to population, then we are on different pages. Im talking about land.

Germany is the economic power house of europe. Japan is also an economic powerhouse. Germany may be in recession but so is half of the world including Russia. Frankly, the Japanese live a far better quality of life than the chinese. So are talking about prosperity and quality of life and economic/military power or are we talking about "Greater Armenia" and "the turkish yoke" because if you guys are about imperialism then we're definatley on different pages.

Comment

if by imperialism you mean survival as a race, then yeah.

Comment

its just stupid what u said Anatolian realy give it some sec....every countre must be free not integrated in some others cant u lern from history only u will save ur self not russia or persia and defently not usa u are for ur self biger,u are then bether for u,its like u say yeah lets give land to them even wene its not there's just because they got petrodolas and we can hope they invest in our lil vilage!!!people have died so u can say openly ur opinion but i cant let u sale my fredom for ur grater picture if im not fit in that picture thene somthing wrong.then its not me but the grater powers that manipulate me and say that im not worth to have my countre free i can submit my self as servant to big companes and say yes to NIKE in armenia or other for sace of prosperty and investment.u see its a think line global powers dont care about azeri oil more that them selfs if they have option they will spit to all of as.u are in major confuse eat lesser bergers in usa it cant bring damage to ur brains as we can see.

Comment

Personally to me, the security of Artsakh is infinitely more important then all those drilled genocide obsessed Armenians.

This is not something I ever wanted to bring up, perhaps it is only between me and my uncle or perhaps it is felt by other western armenians as well but the dashnaks may have provoked the genocide. They created alot of problems for the anatolian armenian population as they (the dashnaks) originated in Russian armenia as opposed to Turkish armenia.

Anyways, that is history and I love armenians no matter their political affiliation or where they originated.

As for "learning from history".... Germany and Japan suffered the greatest defeats of the 20th century and they are now both economic,democratic and military powerhouses. Israel is smaller than Armenia proper and yet more powerful.

Strength of a nation doesn't come from how much land it possesses anymore it comes from how important you are to other countries. This is the age of globalization. Ceding karabakh (i hate the word cede but it will have to do) will allow us, if its not already too late, integration into major oil pipelines of great interest to other countries. Then armenia will have a real and tangible bargaining chip and power. Karabakh doesn't give us power. Economy, integration, and military technology to follow will.

Please explain to me why Americas allies do so well, while Russia's allies do poorly? Why do countries who hate eachother (i.e croatia,bosnia,serbia or Syria and Turkey) still have open borders and get along while Armenia and its neighbours don't......Its because we have no economy. We don't matter. Lets face it $$ makes the world go round and if you can't beat em' join em! Live to fight another day. Lets integrate and make peace with our neighbours, their minorities will keep them on edge for us. Our problem is that we are too vocal. If we don't like your country, we'll tell you. And though though such straight forwardness and honesty is a virtue, it doesn't work in this world. Give em what they want, our diasporan dollars will go alot farther, investment will pour in and we will gain true power and then we can strike when the time is right.

I don't see it as "selling-out" armenia. A countries military strength is directly correlated to its economic strength, whether that means buying arms or exerting influence. We must look long-term.

Free and Prosperous Armenia forever!
              I found your post utterly disgusting. Not only is it stupid in geostrategic terms, it would also be a moral betrayal of 100,000 of the best and the bravest Armenians who fought and died to liberate just a small piece of Armenian land.

Comment

I think the genocide happened because there were Armenians like you, who are ready to bow and be slaves than to stand up proud and fight. Look at our history, every time we stood as one kingdom we were mighty and our neighbors respected us, but when we did what you suggested our people were slaughtered deported.

What do you think is going to happen after we give up Artsakh, do you really think the Turks, who have killed more than 2 milj of our ancestors, will leave us alone. No after that they'll demand something else and after ten years they'll go to war against a weakened Hayastan.

And you want us to betray our brothers and sisters in Artsakh, lead them to a slaughter. Because that's what is going to happen an other genocide against our people. That is what you are saying we should lead them to the slaughter house. But I'm sorry this is not going to happen because 99.9% of Hayastancic don't want to betray their brothers and sister in Artsakh. And during the war most of the fighter were volunteers from Hayastan. And I can tell you when you visit Hayastan and you tell your ideas, I'll pray to god you'll leave the country alive. Because we don't like judases in our land.

Comment

This is not something I ever wanted to bring up, perhaps it is only between me and my uncle or perhaps it is felt by other western armenians as well but the dashnaks may have provoked the genocide. They created alot of problems for the anatolian armenian population as they (the dashnaks) originated in Russian armenia as opposed to Turkish armenia.

Anyways, that is history and I love armenians no matter their political affiliation or where they originated.

Strength of a nation doesn't come from how much land it possesses anymore it comes from how important you are to other countries. This is the age of globalization. Ceding karabakh (i hate the word cede but it will have to do) will allow us, if its not already too late, integration into major oil pipelines of great interest to other countries. Then armenia will have a real and tangible bargaining chip and power. Karabakh doesn't give us power. Economy, integration, and military technology to follow will.

Please explain to me why Americas allies do so well, while Russia's allies do poorly? Why do countries who hate eachother (i.e croatia,bosnia,serbia or Syria and Turkey) still have open borders and get along while Armenia and its neighbours don't......Its because we have no economy. We don't matter. Lets face it $$ makes the world go round and if you can't beat em' join em! Live to fight another day. Lets integrate and make peace with our neighbours, their minorities will keep them on edge for us. Our problem is that we are too vocal. If we don't like your country, we'll tell you. And though though such straight forwardness and honesty is a virtue, it doesn't work in this world. Give em what they want, our diasporan dollars will go alot farther, investment will pour in and we will gain true power and then we can strike when the time is right.

I don't see it as "selling-out" armenia. A countries military strength is directly correlated to its economic strength, whether that means buying arms or exerting influence. We must look long-term.

Free and Prosperous Armenia forever!
                  Everyone has an opinion. The problem with yours is that it is based on flawed logic. Ceding territory will not gain peace for Armenia.

Israel is a unique case due to support from the US. If that support diminishes then Israel is in trouble.
                  Look forward and consider the possibility that the US will turn more inwards out of necessity and the aid it provides to its allies will diminish in the future.

Armenia is Russia's ally out of necessity and if it were not for the Russians then the Turks would have finished us off by now.

Comments like this made by you make me question if you are really Armenian.
                  I am all for a discussion but it sounds like you either don't care for Armenia's survival, have no real understanding of the danger posed by Armenia's turkic neighbors, or just live in lala land.

Comment

This is a mentality that Vartan Oskanian discussed when he came to toronto, I also beleive he gave similiar speaches in LA as well. I have searched for the exact scrpt but was unable to find it. I know its is out there because I read it several times but anyways he basically says its time for an attitude change, that we must not always feel like we are under attack.

I love you guys and your patriotism, but honestly its time to admit that we're not in a position to be making demands. We have let this slide for now and re-earn a position of strength. The best way to do that is to make peace. If we give up karbakh, the turkish army is not going to storm in the second after!

You make it sound like I'm happy to say these things, but it takes a man to admit a weakness. I want the exact same thing you do, I just envision a different way of getting there.

Comment

Artsak is crtical to protecting Armenia. If you study some maps of the region you will see how narrow Syunik is in some places. In any conflict, especially without Russian support, the area could be over-run by a concerted attack from Nakichevan and Azeri.
                      The reason some of us feel like we are under attack is because there is a long history of Armenian's being under attack and nothing has changed in recent times.

Comment

Working...
                      X