Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by matrixfighter View Post
    Barev eghbayrners!

I've been reading this thread for fun almost since it's origin, because then I was working on an academic paper about possible military scenarios in case of Azeri agression on Artsax and evaluating the unfolding of the likely events. So, I'm a long-time reader first-time poster in this forum.

I have recently found out that Armenian Army now has Russian ГАЗ-2975 «Тигр» http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAZ-2975 . I later found out (from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvhxvQQRapY watch after 23:00) that these machines cost as much as $300,000 each! I wonder how many of these did Armenia purchase? And how much they spent on such a deal? Does anybody know?

In my view this is not the best value for money. They could have purchased loads of BTR-60s or BTR-70s for a lot cheaper, which, though old, is stll a superior machine. What's more is that US military is gradually dumping the good old HUMVEES (in favour of new BAE vehicles that are more resistant to urban insurgencies and landmines), therefore used HUMVEES are flooding the market at dirt cheap prices like $20,000-$40,000. That's why I think purchasing these Tigers was a bit of a waste. What do you think?
    But that same Wikipedia source that you quoted says that the per unit cost is $60,000...

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
      okay federate can u make some source? but gun is good,georgia getting powerfull
      I don't think they will get more effective,dumping Ak's is stupid idea for them,they got a lesser weaponry now gj to them and there PR campaign.

Comment

since when do you trust Wikipedia for *precise* info? In fact, it's a new battleground between Azeri and Armenian wikipedians (there are lots of stories I can tell you about what has been going on in terms of online warfare, some of which I'm sure you already know).
        That $60,000 figure refers to the civilian version of TIGR (not armored and without other features that the military version has). The military version of TIGR costs $300,000.

Comment

[QUOTE=Federate;331465]They will remove your additions unless you properly source it.

New Georgian-made rifle called G-5, which seems to be a copy of the American M4
          QUOTE]

Are you sure Federate? I thought all they make when it comes to rifles is M-4 silencer like the one in the photo.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

since when do you trust Wikipedia for *precise* info? In fact, it's a new battleground between Azeri and Armenian wikipedians (there are lots of stories I can tell you about what has been going on in terms of online warfare, some of which I'm sure you already know).
            That $60,000 figure refers to the civilian version of TIGR (not armored and without other features that the military version has). The military version of TIGR costs $300,000.
            No arguement here axper. Seeing as you are knowledgeable on the subject, any news on Armenia possibly attaining S-400s in the near future?

Comment

Barev eghbayrners!

I've been reading this thread for fun almost since it's origin, because then I was working on an academic paper about possible military scenarios in case of Azeri agression on Artsax and evaluating the unfolding of the likely events. So, I'm a long-time reader first-time poster in this forum.

I have recently found out that Armenian Army now has Russian ГАЗ-2975 «Тигр» http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAZ-2975 . I later found out (from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvhxvQQRapY watch after 23:00) that these machines cost as much as $300,000 each! I wonder how many of these did Armenia purchase? And how much they spent on such a deal? Does anybody know?

In my view this is not the best value for money. They could have purchased loads of BTR-60s or BTR-70s for a lot cheaper, which, though old, is stll a superior machine. What's more is that US military is gradually dumping the good old HUMVEES (in favour of new BAE vehicles that are more resistant to urban insurgencies and landmines), therefore used HUMVEES are flooding the market at dirt cheap prices like $20,000-$40,000. That's why I think purchasing these Tigers was a bit of a waste. What do you think?
              Welcome to the forum matrixfighter! I, and i'm sure many others here, would love to read your academic paper on scenarios for the next war if you permit us to view it

As for your question, my own belief is that while it is indeed more expensive, I think we'd never pay full price for any weaponry that comes from Russia given the alliance's terms of them providing us with weaponry that is either free of charge or discounted. We probably got a good deal on it. Not sure how many we purchased but if anybody feels like watching the September 2011 military parade in Armenia once more, the TIGR was featured in it and we can figure out how many we have minimum.

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
              okay federate can u make some source? but gun is good,georgia getting powerfull
              The thing about Wikipedia is that they want reliable sources to back up your claims/additions. Meaning, unless someone reliable reports that the Armenian army is using the Accuracy International such as Jane's for example, Wikipedians will most likely remove it.

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
              Originally posted by Federate View Post
              They will remove your additions unless you properly source it.

New Georgian-made rifle called G-5, which seems to be a copy of the American M4
              Are you sure Federate? I thought all they make when it comes to rifles is M-4 silencer like the one in the photo.
              It's what the Georgians are claiming. Here's a video of the so-called "G-5" (starts at 16:08):

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Comment

hmm?

Comment

The Armenian-Turkish border is controlled by Russian border guards

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X