Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
    Who will weaken the Turkish army? Only civil war nothing else!
    Civil war already started. Situation maps are already all over twitter. Occupied Western Armenia is mostly populated by Kurds. I believe sooner or later it will be liberated by Kurds from the Turkish army if the current clashes continue. We have to be ready.

Comment

I was in Lebanon too at that time. When Hezbollah was able to hit the warship in the sea and following the massacre of 40 Mekarava tanks in only 1 village that's when they retreated. that was back when Hezbollah had no SAMs. Now i highly doubt. You can't win a guerrilla militias. Israel even now is afraid to march. just watch documentaries from the Israeli side and see how did they accept their defeat. Yes they shot the bridges population displaced but that's normal when you do not have SAMs and above are the enemy bombers. After 30 days when they entered they just felt that there's no way to march more inside cz it was full of traps.

What would have happened if Hezbollah had been vanquished? That is perhaps the most significant and upsetting question about the 2006 war. How did a seemingl...

How did a seemingly primitive gorilla group defeat one of the world's most advanced military powers?
      Sure Israel couldn't penetrate as it would have wished. Don't forget that Hezbollah is backed very well by Iran. They are organized and have a strong ideology, unlike the disorganized kurdish groups which are not as well armed as Hezbollah. If you do not believe that the day to liberate our precious Western lands will come, then that's another story. Let me tell you that had we not believed that we could liberate Artsakh, it would have been in Azeri hands right now.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
        Sure Israel couldn't penetrate as it would have wished. Don't forget that Hezbollah is backed very well by Iran. They are organized and have a strong ideology, unlike the disorganized kurdish groups which are not as well armed as Hezbollah. If you do not believe that the day to liberate our precious Western lands will come, then that's another story. Let me tell you that had we not believed that we could liberate Artsakh, it would have been in Azeri hands right now.
        Yes, I do believe that we will get back our lands. Getting back our lands was totally different in Artsakh. We were fighting for our lands. But what will the kurds fight for? Western Armenia? According to them its kurdistan lands but they dont have the spirit that we had back in 1991.What about the Armenian-Kurdish war, I highly doubt. Tho I would like to cz they had their part in the genocide as well. But few months ago we opened our new consulate in Iraqi kurdistan.
        Last edited by Spetsnaz; 08-16-2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

J
          Yes, I do believe that we will get back our lands. Getting back our lands was totally different in Artsakh. We were fighting for our lands. But what will the kurds fight for? Western Armenia? According to them its kurdistan lands but they dont have the spirit that we had back in 1991.What about the Armenian-Kurdish war, I highly doubt. Tho I would like to cz they had their part in the genocide as well. But few months ago we opened our new consulate in Iraqi kurdistan.

There is every indication that Kurds are trying to establish friendly relationship with Armenians now. Maybe it is because they need all the help they can get to fight the turks. From Tigranagerd to Polis and Ankara, they are apologizing and pushing recognition of genocide.
          Who knows what geopolitics will be in future? We could get large chunks of our territory back by politics, without the need for war.
          In any case, advertising that we are ready to fight Kurds as soon as they dismember turkey is not wise. We should be ready to cooperate with Kurds at this time. Instead of trumpeting readiness to fight Kurds, we should let them know that we are ready to support and even to fight with them shoulder to shoulder against the Turks.
          One thing has to be clear to everyone, Turks must go...
          Then, after we are left with Kurds to deal both of our futures as neighbors, we will find the best solutions fit for both of us. Kurds, just like Iranians or Georgians can be dealt as neighbors.
          Only Turks are a phenomenal people, who must disappear from eastern Anatolia in order for everybody else to exist and prosper.
          Last edited by Hakob; 08-16-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

There are other ways of getting our lands back without an all-out arm-kurd war.I would not want to fight with the kurds too. Both of us have suffered alot, but if it is a must then there would be no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
              gokorik siktir, ofc you will attack everyone who have eye on your home, kurds have always killed armenians, and took armenian everything, even language,

Sigdir yourself. You're an idiot if you think all Kurds were killing us durring the genocide. A clear majority of Kurds didn't attack us and thousands of Kurds helped thousands of Armenians escape to Russians lines.
              So based off your statements, defacto you're saying Monte Melkonian is an idiot and or traitor, for sugesting we should ally ourselves with the Kurds. Anyone who thinks that can lick my testicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                Post #20779 by hyefighter2

My iPad is not letting me "reply with quote" so...

Hayastan or Armenians are not trying to or hoping to commit a genocide against anyone. Really bad choice of words.
                The genocide committed against us by the turcs and kurds was the last of many acts by these two (turc/kurd) to eliminate us from our home so they could have it.
                After the first genocide of the 20th century, the kurds swarmed in to --- ALL --- our villages that still remained after centuries of atrocities. Over 3 thousand village. That's western Armenia.
                Now the kurds are calling that "north kurdistan" so as to complete their desires of the genocide of the Armenians , which was to steal our wealth and land.
                This was the goal of the kurds in 1915. They were and are unhappy with the "split" of the bounty gained by helping the turcs commit this genocide.
                The kurds are in the process of finalizing the genocide they committed against us.
                Any taking back of our lands is --- not --- an act of genocide against they offspring of the genocidal murderes, but simply to take back our land.
                Van is virtually 100% kurd, but it's a 100% Armenia. Where did the Armenians go and how. No question mark because it's not a question. Over 3 thousand villages ... All kurds live there now. That's what they wanted. Now is their time to attempt to complete their participation in the genocide of our people ... Western Armenia (becomes) north kurdistan.
                If we kill any of them for that, it ain't genocide.
                It's justice.
                If we take back our land and give them the boot they deserve, that's also justice.
                Bro, not all Kurds were attacking us. When you account for the Kurdish total population and the number of Kurds attacking us it doesn't even come close to forming a significant percentage. The majority refused at attack. This nerrative that all Kurds took part in killing Armenians is BS. The nerrative that all Kurds want to "complete the genocide" by living in western Armenia is BS.
                If both Kurds and Armenians want to weaken Turkey, we have a better chance if we coaperate and watch eachothers backs. That's the logic behind Montes calls for allying ourselves with the Kurds. Sorry bro, but I'm going to go with Monte's logic over yours.

Comment

Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army

Comment

Guys imagine a scenario(it can happen or cannot, but in politics everything is possible as long as you are inventive enough).
                    Kurdish movement goes to full fledge civil war, turkey is boiling with unrest and NATO is not up to preventing it's ally's disintegration. Kurds declare autonomy and kick out Turkish army. As soon as Nakhijevan looses it's direct contact with Turkish military, war in Artsakh breaks out which turns to full fledged hostilities between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Using the pretext of nessecity we take over Nakhichevan and clear it.
                    Being in touch and with agreement with Kurds and in order to establish srcurity, our army takes over Igdir and Kars.
                    Having convinced Kurds in necessity of establishing security zone and controll over trade roads we jointly press north and cut out a section of Black Sea coast.
                    We convince Kurds to give the necessary oversight of Armenian cultural monuments to us and also in ensuing years some part of population around Van, Tigranakerd and other places comes out and converts back to Armenian roots. We have a possibility of a second Javakhk in our south. But we controll Nakhijevan (thus, more security against Baku) Kars, Igdir, sarikamish, Ardahan and Ardvin with opening to Black Sea in Hopa. No more blockade. No more begging for trade. We choose with whom we trade.
                    Sounds impossible?
                    But a fiew years ago nobody could dream that Soviet Union would not be anymore and we would be independent. Iraq and Syria would collapse and borders would be redrawn all over.
                    Some powers like Russia or Us would not let it happen? But there's also so many things that have and do slip out of their hands all the time.
                    I know one thing. It will be better version of events for any near future than fight Kurds fight this fight that without knowing the outcome.
                    One thing for sure that we need for good things to happen is to strengthen Armenia.
                    Last edited by Hakob; 08-16-2015, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Can you guys stfu and stay on topic?

Comment

Working...
                      X