Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Whats up guys, I'm the guy who did all the major editing on the Wiki article and I could use some help in gathering reliable sources. Thanks mods for approving me as well!!!

In this video you can see the N-2 during a test fire.the video also shows other cool weapons made in armenia
    Wow, I just got through watching the video right before you posted it. Its important to note the range of the weapon. It looks like it was designed to be used in frontline trenches, to pound enemy fortifications.

Recently, there have been alot of pictures circulating the web that I have not seen posted on here before. There is a new iteration of the K-3 shown in this video and in many others before.

I'd also like to address some of the previous comments made by users regarding corrupt officials. Lets all try and understand something, the vast majority of the dedicated "heroes" of the 90s were corrupt in someway. Especially Vazgen, whose gangs were nothing but a bunch of thugs stealing from people who didn't even have electricity.

To the people who are calling for executions: That is exactly what the Turk wants. We must always remember, that our economic situation is not caused by our ill-minded countrymen but by the Turk who blockades us on our East and West. Most of the Karabakh elite who rule Armenia are some of the most experienced leadership the country has, even if they are corrupt during peacetime. Killing them off in political purges, much like the Stalinist purges of the Soviet military before WW2, is in the Turk's interest and will leave the country extremely vulnerable. There is also evidence suggesting many of the corrupt officials are simply fillers who abuse the position during peace-time. Look at the recent resignations. War is coming, our leadership is calling in our most experienced and dropping the temps.

The economic blockade set on Armenia does not exist to prevent Armenia from participating in the arms race with Azerbaijan, and does not exist to cripple the economy (solely). It exists primarily to incite anti-government sentiment and political destablization. Take away a man's paycheck and he is more likely to become desperate and reckless, and more likely to participate in protests he does not fully understand.

The best way to counter corruption in our government is not political purging or execution, as that exposes weakness. The best way is to democratically implement barriers to economic kickbacks for government officials. Bring them back to honesty, as the skills many of them have are invaluable in these times.

Also, I'd advise against making pseudo-terroristic threats of violence and internet warriorism, makes this place look like a looney house.
    Last edited by Lori; 05-26-2016, 05:18 AM.

Comment

I have been fowllowing you guys for a month and I have to say, you guys have contributed more work and more effective ways of running a country like Armenia for the past 8 years then our government for the past 25 years. You guys deserve a pat on a back, really Armenia needs people like you then a bunch of "so called" hero's that are running this country today.

Comment

Originally posted by DieHard69 View Post
        I have been fowllowing you guys for a month and I have to say, you guys have contributed more work and more effective ways of running a country like Armenia for the past 8 years then our government for the past 25 years. You guys deserve a pat on a back, really Armenia needs people like you then a bunch of "so called" hero's that are running this country today.
        Welcome to the forum brother

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
          Whats up guys, I'm the guy who did all the major editing on the Wiki article and I could use some help in gathering reliable sources. Thanks mods for approving me as well!!!

Wow, I just got through watching the video right before you posted it. Its important to note the range of the weapon. It looks like it was designed to be used in frontline trenches, to pound enemy fortifications.

Recently, there have been alot of pictures circulating the web that I have not seen posted on here before. There is a new iteration of the K-3 shown in this video and in many others before.

I'd also like to address some of the previous comments made by users regarding corrupt officials. Lets all try and understand something, the vast majority of the dedicated "heroes" of the 90s were corrupt in someway. Especially Vazgen, whose gangs were nothing but a bunch of thugs stealing from people who didn't even have electricity.

To the people who are calling for executions: That is exactly what the Turk wants. We must always remember, that our economic situation is not caused by our ill-minded countrymen but by the Turk who blockades us on our East and West. Most of the Karabakh elite who rule Armenia are some of the most experienced leadership the country has, even if they are corrupt during peacetime. Killing them off in political purges, much like the Stalinist purges of the Soviet military before WW2, is in the Turk's interest and will leave the country extremely vulnerable.

The economic blockade set on Armenia does not exist to prevent Armenia from participating in the arms race with Azerbaijan, and does not exist to cripple the economy (solely). It exists primarily to incite anti-government sentiment and political destablization. Take away a man's paycheck and he is more likely to become desperate and reckless, and more likely to participate in protests he does not fully understand.

The best way to counter corruption in our government is not political purging or execution, as that exposes weakness. The best way is to democratically implement barriers to economic kickbacks for government officials. Bring them back to honesty, as the skills many of them have are invaluable in these times.

And the alternative is for them to stay in power forever until Armenia becomes empty? If we have control of the army and take out only the vermin that is leeching of the country's soul, there doesn't have to be a civil war. These men could be on trial and justice takes it's course. I would worry more about Russian reaction to this than turks. They will not stand by and watch their goons get taken out. Either way Armenia's future looks bleak.

Comment

And the alternative is for them to stay in power forever until Armenia becomes empty?
            Sorry brother, but this is a myth propagated by Turk media. There are over 3-3.1 million Armenians living in the Armenian states and Javakh and all together there are around 3.7 million Armenians living in the Caucasus/Kuban (North and South). If we had the former territories of the first republic and a proper repatriation program, this myth would quickly disperse. Emigration rates are not nearly as bad as Georgia, who has recently experienced a massive decline in population due to invasion and war.

If we have control of the army and take out only the vermin that is leeching of the country's soul, there doesn't have to be a civil war.
            I think you are forgetting that the Karabakh elite made their careers on the battlefield of Artsakh. They are the military. The government is literally run by war veterans and former commanders. Civil War? What is this nonsense lol? Again, killing off the leadership of the country because of corruption allegations (Which are legitimate) is probably asking for repeat of 1918-1920 events. Don't suggest such silly doomsday forecasts brother.

These men could be on trial and justice takes it's course.
            If you have followed the events in Ukraine, you will learn that the corruption will just repeat itself without proper legislation. New oligarchs will find their way in.

I would worry more about Russian reaction to this than turks. They will not stand by and watch their goons get taken out. Either way Armenia's future looks bleak.
            Vazgen was a Russian "goon", and he was gunned down in parliament. Russians did nothing. During the 2008 and 2010 protests the Turks to our East attempted to seize military positions during the political disruption.

The main element that lead to Azerbaijani defeat in the last war was political instability and lack of motivation. Armenia wasn't stable, but it wasn't chaotic. Suggesting to create such a situation in Armenia is treacherous. The best thing Armenian people can do is increase the role of the ARF, an ideological party, in the government by voting for them. These parties of power that exist in the post-Soviet space are major sources of corruption and diminishing their presence is the best thing any citizen can contribute to. The ARF's foreign policy is ideal as well, and I am more worried about the protocols with the Western Turks than I am about corruption. Armenia can NOT abandon territorial claims. The return of our lands will solve many of these issues.
            Last edited by Lori; 05-26-2016, 05:35 AM.

Comment

ՀԱՊԿ ՕԱՀՈւ «Կոբալտ 2016» համատեղ վարժանքները

Comment

Sorry for the large images, they are screenshots from youtube videos.
                In the same channel,you can find a video of aspar arms,it's a pretty decent company

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by armo12 View Post
                    In the same channel,you can find a video of aspar arms,it's a pretty decent company
                    https://youtu.be/pLAKFuA41OM
                    Eh, most of their stuff isn't very unique. They take Soviet designed small arms and just kit them out with pic rails, modern stocks, and suppressors. Whats worse is that they present this to the military expecting them to take interest. What they need to design is an practical and inexpensive domestic modernization of the AK-74 that suits Armenia's needs. That means no suppressors, cut down on the pic rails, introduce a stock that can fold or collapse, and present an optic that can be used by the average rifleman. We have already seen this initiative with the bullpup K-3, which has its own flaws. (Like the rifle grenade, rifle grenades became obsolete with the creation of the grenade launcher, which is much more effective and has less recoil)

Getting their hands on AK modernization kits that the Russian Army is issuing is probably the best thing the military could do at the moment. If Aspar can present a viable alternative, then I would be impressed. So far, all they have showed off is AKs and SVDs with flashy attachments and paint jobs.

Comment

The main element that lead to Azerbaijani defeat in the last war was political instability and lack of motivation. Armenia wasn't stable, but it wasn't chaotic. Suggesting to create such a situation in Armenia is treacherous. The best thing Armenian people can do is increase the role of the ARF, an ideological party, in the government by voting for them. These parties of power that exist in the post-Soviet space are major sources of corruption and diminishing their presence is the best thing any citizen can contribute to. The ARF's foreign policy is ideal as well, and I am more worried about the protocols with the Western Turks than I am about corruption. Armenia can NOT abandon territorial claims. The return of our lands will solve many of these issues.
                      The ARF is in a coalition government with the people you referred to as being corrupt.
                      You mentioned that the blockade by Turkey is one of the main problems of the state of Armenia, and I agree with you , but how do you envisage removing that blockade ? What did the ARF do to its community in Lebanon, accept a Garbage landfill in their municipality?. The ARF as a political party is as corrupt as all the other parties it showed that in Lebanon and Armenia ( I hope I will be mistaken and that the new economy minister will fight monopolies and corruption) but saying all this,I respect their spread of nationalism and struggle for Armenia.
                      Last edited by Zeytun; 05-26-2016, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X