Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army

Comment

Written by a friend.

"This step is long overdue, because it occupied a lot of my mind; it occupied my entire mind to be honest. I am publishing this letter in the airport and will like to direct it towards all Armenians worldwide in every corner of the globe. Of course it is directed towards all Armenians, but only those Armenians who consider themselves true patriots, will be able to comprehend this message.
      Being born and raised in the United States and living my whole life there I came to understand that it wasn’t my place. I felt that on a subconscious level in my youth and as the years went on I felt it more consciously. I felt that way because the more I lived in Babylon, the more my heart yearned towards my country Armenia. I have always been a racially conscious person and always struggled to maintain my identity by learning how to read, write and speak Armenian fluently and properly all by myself, regardless of the fact that I was raised in the “Mecca” of multiculturalism. I had a rough childhood but my youth was not bad at all, due to the fact that I am blessed by having a wonderful family, who has always been at my side in times of need. I never graduated high school because I was expelled and decided to drop out. Soon after I began working different jobs for minimum wage but soon realized that those jobs were not for me, so I entered Glendale Community College then transferred to California State University Northridge to pursue a Master of Science degree in physics. In the summer of 2013 I visited Armenia for the first time all by myself and I got even more convinced that this is where I want to spend the rest of my life. After my visit I vowed to return and never look back and today is the day that I keep my word. After I returned from Armenia I began instructing physics labs at the university and in 2015 I received my master degree in that field from CSUN. Almost immediately after, I got hired at Glendale Community College as a physics instructor. All my life I have had strong patriotic feelings and during the years those feelings began to intensify. I always thought about how I can serve the fatherland and came to the conclusion that a true patriot can serve his country best by living there. I have also agreed with the opinion that an Armenian only stays an Armenian in Armenia and Armenians outside the fatherland are only “half” Armenian. Therefore, after only a year of teaching at GCC, I decided to not suppress my feelings and carry out the step that every Armenian should carry out (if of course they are concerned about preserving their identity) and return to the fatherland. After graduating from the university, I had only two options: either stay in the US and pursue a doctorate, continue teaching and start a family there, or to finally return to the fatherland and enlist in the Armenian Armed Forces and wholly dedicate myself to sacred Armenian cause.
      The feelings I had intensified especially during the April Four Day War which took place this year, and that reinforced my belief that I was born for the upcoming war and all other plans I had simply vanished from my mind.
      I began to pack my bags, leave my comfortable life in the states, quit my job, and declined a job offer to Jet Propulsion Laboratory. I did all that because I know I am born for something much greater.
      There are many people, who would think I am crazy for making such a decision, but this letter is directed to the few people who would understand and hopefully these words would resonate with their soul. To put it simply, my decision comes from the fact that my love towards the fatherland is unconditional, and if you truly love someone, then it is only natural that you want to be with him or her. Just as a true friend is one who stays with you during hard times, so too a true patriot is someone who stays with their country during hard times. Therefore, this is one step that I can no longer avoid. I believe that starting a new life in the fatherland is a positive change because it is the morally right thing to do for all Armenians. This year we celebrated 25 years of our countries independence, but it seems there are many of us who do not appreciate that. We fought for our freedom, we fought for our independence. Our ancestors struggled and bled in order for us to have a piece of land that we can call home. They sacrificed everything for us to live on our soil and not emigrate and turn our back against the fatherland. Our freedom fighters secured our independence, but now that independence is under attack, and that fact should be on the minds of all Armenians as their number one problem. Creating a strong and united Armenia has been the dream of all true Armenian patriots for centuries. However, it is not enough to dream or believe in a Greater Armenia, we must fight for it, and fight for it with all our heart and soul. I believe fate has created me as the bridge between two worlds: the diaspora and Armenia. That is why I would like to set an example to the Armenians living around the world who have thoughts on leaving Babylon and returning home to the fatherland. I hope that this step will inspire many Armenians who do have those thoughts and hopefully understand that whatever they wish for is not far from reality. If there is a will, then a way will always open, if the path does not open, then the will is not strong enough. We have to stop being spectators or complainers and become participants in the historical process. We have to understand as well that if we really wish to create a better country, then we must be willing to make sacrifices to reach our goals. We must accept personal responsibility for our country and make a conscious choice to stand by it at all times. We must do away with all excuses and limitations which hinder us from achieving our goals. If our dream of returning to the fatherland and creating a strong united Armenia was more than just a vague ambition, if we were absolutely to do it, then nothing would be able to prevent us. There will be many challenges and obstacles ahead, but we must be spiritually ready to overcome it all. I would like to conclude this letter by saying thanks to my family for all their help and support and also to the United States of America for having me as its guest. The road ahead of me looks dark and difficult, but I know I’m on the right path. I know I was put here to do this. I heard the cry of the land and she was calling my name. There was a dream that was Greater Armenia, and it shall be realized."

xxxxx xxxxxxxxyan
      27 November 2016
      Last edited by armnuke; 11-28-2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Armenia's MoD Vigen Sargsyan visits Russia's Southern Military District HQ in Rostov, including command center.

Comment

That is a cool story armnuke. I wish you well. Mher followed a similar path and it will be interesting to see where these paths lead in ten years or so. Big changes are coming to our region and I hope they bring Armenia opportunities so that more people can do what you did.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            That is a cool story armnuke. I wish you well. Mher followed a similar path and it will be interesting to see where these paths lead in ten years or so. Big changes are coming to our region and I hope they bring Armenia opportunities so that more people can do what you did.
            Thanks, it's not mine. It's a friend of mine who's on his was to Yerevan too.

Comment

Enemy positions captured by our drones.

Comment

Good luck Armnuke. I sincerely wish it with all my heart.
                You know, a lot depends from people like you.
                We need to have stories of successfull repatriation, by new Trail Blazers like you (I feel so sad for my parents who did not have a single bright ray to send back from Stalinist hell) who can tell to the rest of diaspora how to do it and create opinions.
                I have always thought, the conditions are hard there, right, but what's wrong if someone goes stays at least a fiew years. Why diasporans don't give it a try?
                Why does'nt diaspora create collectives where a young family can be supported to go there or send teenagers to Set up communities? You know, like Israeli kubbutzes. That way repatriated ones can have their voices heard there.
                Armnuke Jan, I want only good for you, so you can send back those shiny rays to us.
                Last edited by Hakob; 11-28-2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                  Good luck Armnuke. I sincerely wish it with all my heart.
                  You know, a lot depends from people like you.
                  We need to have stories of successfull repatriation, by new Trail Blazers like you (I feel so sad for my parents who did not have a single bright ray to send back from Stalinist hell) who can tell to the rest of diaspora how to do it and create opinions.
                  I have always thought, the conditions are hard there, right, but what's wrong if someone goes stays at least a fiew years. Why diasporans don't give it a try?
                  Why does'nt diaspora create collectives where a young family can be supported to go there or send teenagers to Set up communities? You know, like Israeli kubbutzes. That way repatriated ones can have their voices heard there.
                  Armnuke Jan, I want only good for you, so you can send back those shiny rays to us.
                  Thanks Hakob,
                  It depends on each and every one of us. Even those who cannot move back or visit Armenia frequently can contribute to the cause by speaking the language, reading an Armenian book, raising their children as Armenian..etc etc..

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                    Enemy positions captured by our drones.

Do you have a link to the video?
                    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Armenian soldiers discuss mission planning while conducting a mission update brief at the at the Joint Multinational Readiness Center in Hohenfels, Germany, Feb. 26, 2016

Comment

Working...
                      X