Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Azerbaijan - Internal Political Affairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Azerbaijan - Internal Political Affairs

Mher, your volunteering for our homeland is inspiring .
    I've read your posts and you seem to me to be a thoughtful , considerate , caring , and intelligent person .
    We may not have the same opinions on every issue , but I find no reason ( none at all ) to be rude , obnoxious , or any other foul thing towards you just because we don't agree on everything .
    I wish you well in your endevours and think Armenia is fortunate to have a son like you .
    Art ashes

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
      ironically enough, that is where I spent my entire stay, in the 58th (Ani) District, which was where I lived and also volunteered. The Birthright Armenia organization assigned all of the volunteers in Gyumri to that district specifically for homestays, though most volunteered at sites outside of the district. Their reasoning was that it was newer and more modern (everything was built following the earthquake). I never saw or heard of any criminal activity in the area. I don't think there was anything, because from what I saw it was a very decent and family friendly neighborhood.
      I remember it being full of people compared to the near deserted sidewalks of central Gyumri - but even when in that district a local who spoke English told me it was unwise to be wandering around there, and suggested I take a taxi back to the centre of town rather than stand waiting to get a minibus back. I also asked him about a hotel that my guidebook said was in the area and he said there wasn't one except for a mafia-controlled place at the very edge of the district, beside the road going to the north. This was about 8 years ago.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Alot changes in Hayastan in 8 years. I agree valuable sites are not properly taken care of but the people to me are more valuable then any stuff. I think the kitty does us great service by pointing out the bad things that happen but don't forget good things happen to. So long as capitalism reigns supreme things will never ever be the way they should.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I think the kitty does us great service by pointing out the bad things that happen but don't forget good things happen to. So long as capitalism reigns supreme things will never ever be the way they should.
          We are only looking at the bad, as well as not giving enough credit to a country that is in a blockade. We don't give enough credit to country that has suffered so much in the 20th century. To have came out of Soviet control right after a devastating earthquake and right into a bloody conflict followed by blockade. In this 20 short years she has come a long way despite all that was done to her, and I wonder if we are really trying to help her, or knock her down some more!

Capitalism has now 50 Million Americans on food stamps, a giant country that has won the cold war can't even manage to take care of her people. With the wealthy few who control everything, dare not say they are oligarchs call them Capitalists please they prefer this term. For if you question the great wealth divide you will be called a commie! With all this double standards, printing of money unchecked, millions without healthcare I wonder what some of the guys are smoking?

I see nothing that is objective or positive when the word Armenia hits some of you. All I see is people that are living in a daydream and expecting a country in a state of war, under blockade that has the same problems that exist in every corner of the world. Be fair, have some sense of balance, have a little bit of brains to know that some are not pointing this out for the good. For if we start to truly be honest and begin we really have to be talking about the ills of humanity. If Armenia were only judged by human terms, and not a fantasy we expect Armenia to be. Perhaps 20 more years will yield even more fruit but for these 20 short years in these conditions what were you guys expecting?

I challenge any one of you to answer why we can't even discuss the internal issues of baboonistan without dragging Armenia through the dirt in the process? Why must we do so at every turn? While Giant nations can't even say the G word! Yet the argument is not about how Armenian's were and are still cheated, all we know is that there is a mobster in Armenia that has a hotel. ..Wow really? I mean the mob does not own anything in the US? You can't find a ho anyplace in the world except in Armenia?
          Last edited by Vahram; 01-28-2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

You make good points that i agree with but criticism can be a healthy thing. We are indeed fortunate just to be here as a country but that does not mean we should turn a blind eye either. Making valid criticism is not draging Armenia through the sewers but i see how some can see it that way. I try to point out unfair criticism when it is fair it is best to adress it.
            Originally posted by Vahram View Post
            We are only looking at the bad, as well as not giving enough credit to a country that is in a blockade. We don't give enough credit to country that has suffered so much in the 20th century. To have came out of Soviet control right after a devastating earthquake and right into a bloody conflict followed by blockade. In this 20 short years she has come a long way despite all that was done to her, and I wonder if we are really trying to help her, or knock her down some more!

Capitalism has now 50 Million Americans on food stamps, a giant country that has won the cold war can't even manage to take care of her people. With the wealthy few who control everything, dare not say they are oligarchs call them Capitalists please they prefer this term. For if you question the great wealth divide you will be called a commie! With all this double standards, printing of money unchecked, millions without healthcare I wonder what some of the guys are smoking?

I see nothing that is objective or positive when the word Armenia hits some of you. All I see is people that are living in a daydream and expecting a country in a state of war, under blockade that has the same problems that exist in every corner of the world. Be fair, have some sense of balance, have a little bit of brains to know that some are not pointing this out for the good. For if we start to truly be honest and begin we really have to be talking about the ills of humanity. If Armenia were only judged by human terms, and not a fantasy we expect Armenia to be. Perhaps 20 more years will yield even more fruit but for these 20 short years in these conditions what were you guys expecting?

I challenge any one of you to answer why we can't even discuss the internal issues of baboonistan without dragging Armenia through the dirt in the process? Why must we do so at every turn? While Giant nations can't even say the G word! Yet the argument is not about how Armenian's were and are still cheated, all we know is that there is a mobster in Armenia that has a hotel. ..Wow really? I mean the mob does not own anything in the US? You can't find a ho anyplace in the world except in Armenia?
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

There's no perfect economic system. Economic systems need to be tailored to each country's needs and capabilities. For some countries a more socialized economy works better, for others a more capitalist economy. No system is perfect, but certain compromises and mixes will lead to more efficient economic ability. Armenia needs more domestic economic competition. There needs to be an environment to open business and promote free trade more. Many other countries in our situation would have given up by now, but we are looking forward. I personally believe we should aim at becoming the silicon valley of the region, we should become a country with a good tech industry and good education. Our number one asset is our own Armenians and their intellect. We can innovate and become a innovating country.

This is much more self-sustaining then relying everything on oil and gas money.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Brain drain after brain drain has depleted much of the asset you speak of.

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                There's no perfect economic system. Economic systems need to be tailored to each country's needs and capabilities. For some countries a more socialized economy works better, for others a more capitalist economy. No system is perfect, but certain compromises and mixes will lead to more efficient economic ability. Armenia needs more domestic economic competition. There needs to be an environment to open business and promote free trade more. Many other countries in our situation would have given up by now, but we are looking forward. I personally believe we should aim at becoming the silicon valley of the region, we should become a country with a good tech industry and good education. Our number one asset is our own Armenians and their intellect. We can innovate and become a innovating country.

This is much more self-sustaining then relying everything on oil and gas money.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  Brain drain after brain drain has depleted much of the asset you speak of.
                  Still a lot of bright minds yet. The IT sector is growing and you have some excellent schools being opened. The idea is also to utilize the minds in the diaspora to contribute and that is happening.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    Still a lot of bright minds yet. The IT sector is growing and you have some excellent schools being opened. The idea is also to utilize the minds in the diaspora to contribute and that is happening.
                    Wow , gotta be one of the best conversations I've seen on this forum to date .
                    The last four contributors all had stuff that needs be on the table and given its do recognition and what that recognition should lead to .
                    By Bells recollection of 8 years ago , and Mher's recent experience , Vahram and others recognition of the truly impressive strides Armenia has made and the surprisingly short time these strides have been made rings true.
                    Armenia has come a long way baby and smoking fast too.
                    The difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism needs to be recognized .
                    We need ( greatly ) constructive criticism , for our health , growth , and well being .
                    Got no use for destructive criticism of Armenia .
                    Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                      Wow , gotta be one of the best conversations I've seen on this forum to date .
                      The last four contributors all had stuff that needs be on the table and given its do recognition and what that recognition should lead to .
                      By Bells recollection of 8 years ago , and Mher's recent experience , Vahram and others recognition of the truly impressive strides Armenia has made and the surprisingly short time these strides have been made rings true.
                      Armenia has come a long way baby and smoking fast too.
                      The difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism needs to be recognized .
                      We need ( greatly ) constructive criticism , for our health , growth , and well being .
                      Got no use for destructive criticism of Armenia .
                      Artashes
                      Did not go far enough in emphasizing Vahram''s point ---- what has HAPPENED to us in both the recent past( hell its still happening ) and what's been happening the emmediate days preceding that and the emmediate days , years , centuries , and millinea to us . Invasion after invasion .
                      I'm surprised we still remember who we are and I am thankful that we try to actually remember WHO they were that preceded us .
                      We have come a long way , but we gotta keep trucking .
                      Artashes

Comment

Working...
                      X