Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Struggle in Javakhk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Struggle in Javakhk

Yesterday, a clash broke between Armenians and Georgians at the Armenian village Parvana in Ninotsminda area in Javakhk. The Armenian villagers found a group of Georgians newcomers mowing hay at the village. As the latters explained, the soil (150 hectares in total) was bought at some internet-auction by one of the deputy ministers in Georgia. A fight launched between visitant Georgians and Armenian peasants, and the Georgians left the village... Now situation is tense in Parvanae. The land is the only source of sustenance for the village, and the peasants are not going to give it to somebody.

Երեկ ծեծկռտուք է տեղի ունեցել Ջավախքի Նինոծմինդայի շրջանի Փարվանա գյուղի հայերի և նրանց հողերը զավթելու նպատակով այդտեղ ժամանած վրացիների միջև: Ինչպես տեղեկացնում է Armar.am կայքի թղթակիցը, վիճաբանության առարկան` Փարվանա գյուղի հայ բնակչությանը պատկանող հողատարածքներն են: Երեկ տեղի բնակչությունը հայտնաբերել է, որ մի խումբ վրացիներ հնձում են իրենց արտերը: Իրենց այդ հանդուգն քայլը վրացիները բացատրել են նրանով, որ ինտերնետ- աճուրդի միջոցով Վրաստանի փոխնախարարներից մեկը գնել է Փարվանա գյուղի հողատարածքներից մոտ 150 հա տարածություն:

Փարվանա գյուղի բնակիչները տեղյակ չեն եղել «աճուրդի» մասին: Այն մասին, որ իրենք զրկվել են իրենց ընտանիքների եկամուտի միակ աղբյուրը հանդիսացող հողատարածքներից, գյուղացիները տեղեկացել են գյուղ ժամանած վրացիներից, որոնք եկել էին այդ տարածքները հնձելու: Հայ գյուղացիների ու վրացի հնձվորների միջև սկսվել է ծեծկռտուք, որի արդյունքում վրացիները փախել են:

Ներկայումս Փարվանայում տիրում է բավական լարված իրավիճակ: Տեղի երիտասարդները վճռակամ են` իրենց հողերը պաշտպանելու հարցում: Եվ ինչպես իրենք են ասում, անհրաժեշտության դեպքում պատրաստ են նույնիսկ զենքի դիմել, բայց ոչ մի թիզ հող չեն տա վրացիներին:

Вчера произошла драка между армянами и грузинами у армянского села Парвана Ниноцминдского района Джава x ка. Жители села обнаружили группу приезжиx грузин, косящиx сено на земляx села. По объяснениям грузин эта замля (всего 150 гектаров) была куплена на каком-то интернет-аукционе одним из…

Re: Clash at Parvana village in Javakhk

Thanks for reporting this Javakh, please keep us updated. I would like more background information on this topic too if you can provide any. Thanks.
    Last edited by jgk3; 08-22-2009, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Those bastar,ds our goverment must ensure a status quo in javak region for the Armenians.

Comment

I took these photos in Yerevan last month.

Javakhk is my fatherland

Javakhk is not Georgia

Comment

Thank you!

As to situtio at Parvana village. The "newcomers" has gone. So for now there ae no news. Let's hope they will never come again.
          :-)

Comment

I think the next phase in the liberation of our homeland will be Javakh.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
              Thank you! I think the best thing to do at the moment (in USA and Europe, where the majority of the members of this forum is) is to distribute information about Javakhk, about Turkish plans of creation of a "corridor" from Turkey to Azerbaijan via Javakhk+Borchalu, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Javakhk View Post
                Thank you! I think the best thing to do at the moment (in USA and Europe, where the majority of the members of this forum is) is to distribute information about Javakhk, about Turkish plans of creation of a "corridor" from Turkey to Azerbaijan via Javakhk+Borchalu, etc.
                Most Europeans couldn't care less, and even if they care their governments wont care. If we want anything done we must do it ourselves.

Comment

I agree that this seems a hell of a lot more possible than taking Nakhitchevan the way things are these days. If Geogria is split up again, Russia might seek to give us Javakhk to limit Turkish expansion in the region. However, nothing is certain and we must be prudent to defend our interests without isolating ourselves. I think the best thing we can do now is to raise awareness (among the diaspora especially) about Javakhk and the struggle of the Armenians there.

I strongly encourage the creation of a thread that is dedicated to explaining the history of Javakhk and keeping track of any political and social developments there. Threads like the one we are posting in now would probably be joined to such a thread.

Comment

Surely you don't mean by military force?

Comment

Working...
                    X