Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Diaspora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian Diaspora

The problem here is that you grossly overestimate the power of the armenian diaspora. Think about this for a minute, for the countless millions that the diaspora has thrown away on genocide recognition in the US alone they havent even been able to make that country even utter the "G word"! Don't you think that money could have been better spent on forming connections between the diaspora and armenia, or helping armenia become stronger or hell for anything that produces actual results? I think the diaspora needs to play a constructive role and help in nationbuilding instead of chasing its own tail.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Re: Armenian Diaspora

your Quote: "for the countless millions that the diaspora has thrown away on genocide recognition in the US alone they havent even been able to make that country even utter the "G word"! "
      I AGREE WITH YOU 1 MILLION PERSCENT you can't be more right but although to be fair those millions didn't go all in vain because it is making Turkey in a way to talk to Armenia about opening the border those efforts are kind of a card in Armenia's hand against Turkey but you are perfectly right that those millions didn't atchieve what we set to atchieve which is the recognition itself. But be carefull if I were talking about the diaspora and what they are doing now today I would be overestimating alot as I said we are using a very small portion of our potetntial Im looking for ways to use it more and more. Don't worry I have my big share of critisism on the diaspora that if I start now it won't finish if you want we can dicuss it in the nearest future.
      your quote: "Don't you think that money could have been better spent on forming connections between the diaspora and armenia, or helping armenia become stronger or hell for anything that produces actual results?"
      can you elaborate please what you mean about the forming of conneection between Armenia and diaspora?
      but I want to emphesise on the helping Armenia to become stronger actually this is what Im thinking about my AULTIMATE goal is to make Armenia stronger but lets take a step backwards and look at it. How can we make Armenia stronger or to be presise strong to the extend:
      -Make Armenian state buget 10 billion and plus instead of 2 or 2.5
      -Makes foreign counties to contribute more and more money to Armenian buget
      -let Armenians in Armenia not even think about megrating and making Armenian population in Armenia reach 8 mill independant on Diaspora population
      -Armenia and Artsakh on official and unofficial level not even think about giving back lands to Azeris to have the cash and the manpower to populate Artsakh to have a huge defence buget that shuts Aliev up. and even more demand Shahumian and the 300sqKm that are occupied by Azeries.
      -not to weep on Armenian conditions in Georgia to break the hand of the priest or even the minister or politition that lays hands and claims on Armenian monuments in Georgia DEMAND Georgia to give autonomy to Armnians.
      -To have the upper hand in the ngotiations with Tuerkey to impose preconditions on Turkey and let them say we will talk without preconditions.
      -To have upper hand in the information war instead of directing 2 m ovies about Genocide that didn't have huge impact direct 2 every year and even direct movies documentaries about Artsakh Javakhk.
      AND MANY MANY MANY GOALS that will make Armenia and Armenians fullfil their wildest dreams
      Now lets find a way to fulfill these dreams look at Armenia landlock country surrounded with enemy and hostile neigbors imagine our closest neigbor is IRAN well the Armenian saying goes very well here "kheghtvogh ants@ churin mech otzin al gpattvi" meaning "a drouning person even hugs the snake to save himslef". Wether we like it or not we aprove or not Armenias only way out is its diaspora NO OTHER CHOICE untill we find a way to reach a sea this is the only way out and today the diaspora tragically is using very little of what it can is diaspora helping Armenia hell yeah but this is not enough AT ALL the diaspora MUST BE MOR ORGENISED much stronger to help Armenia pollitically finentially on return Armenia will help th diaspora in organisation and culturee I whish I dream of th day when Armenia will be strong enough to help the diaspora out but Armenia can't do it now wee must strengthen our diaspora to strengthen Armenia and make it a state we all dream of. We must find new solutions new plans new dirction and depth and doing so I tried to come up with the idea I gave to you.Enough of cherity I HATE THIS WORD hey WAKE UP WE ALL ARE OBLIGED TO HLEP ARMENIA WE DON'T CHOSE TO DO SO
      Im not putting diaspora before Armenia hell no th only thing left to us now is that "pour m@ hogh" we must keep it above ANY THING ELSE even recognition of Armenian Genocide

Comment

Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Russia holds the most Armenians outside Russia and Armenia, I assume it has a powerful lobby with many rich Armenians. Also pressure can be applied from Armenian government. Do something....

This status quo is unacceptable and Azeri constantly braking the cease fire and makes commando raids. Any other country, any country would not stand for this killing our soldiers and downing a helicopter.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          Russia holds the most Armenians outside Russia and Armenia, I assume it has a powerful lobby with many rich Armenians. Also pressure can be applied from Armenian government. Do something....

This status quo is unacceptable and Azeri constantly braking the cease fire and makes commando raids. Any other country, any country would not stand for this killing our soldiers and downing a helicopter.
          It doesn't have a powerful lobby.

Why does it have to be only Russia-Armenians lobbying Kremlin? They do enough as it is.

More importantly what is our Diaspora in the U.S,France,Australia,U.K,Lebanon - anywhere else with a large Armenian population doing? I don't see any lobbying Kremlin they seem to have just diverted all attention on something else. Most fail to understand no country can solve the ARTSAKH problem but the Russians it's as simple as that.

If they all lobby Moscow from all those locations - maybe we would be in a different situation right now.

Can you tell me why the status quo is unacceptable? Even if a final agreement was reached on Artsakh do you think azeri will stop shooting and being pests? Downing the helicopter they are just baiting Armenia and want 'Armenia' to do something to give them the reason to launch an attack and they have failed at this so far.

Artsakh conflict will be resolved by either

1. Recognition of Artsakh
          2. Recognition of Artsakh and we give back surrounding areas except ( Kelbajar + Lachin)
          3. Another war and Azerbaijan loses more land and begs for another ceasefire - at this point conflict is finished for good
          4. No war - no recognition and just stats quo for another 20 - 30 years which is still acceptable
          Last edited by Gevz; 06-01-2015, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gevz View Post
            More importantly what is our Diaspora in the U.S,France,Australia,U.K,Lebanon - anywhere else with a large Armenian population doing?
            More idiotic statements from none other than our newest member.

Government Affairs Director Kate Nahapetian Advocates for Full Range of Armenian-American Foreign Aid Priorities WASHINGTON—Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) Government Affairs Director Kate Nahapetian testified on March 25 before a key congressional panel in [...]

CONCORD, N.H.—The pro-Azerbaijan lobby suffered yet another political setback on Feb. 11, as the New Hampshire House of Representatives blocked passage of HR 6, a deeply flawed measure that sought to undermine Nagorno-Karabagh’s freedom and [...]

What ANCA has achieved and continues to achieve is nothing short of remarkable and really speaks volumes about how passionate and dedicated we are as Armenians. They don't have the budget Turkey or Azerbaijan does, but nearly every week they defeat them diplomatically by executing strategic campaigns which involve sophisticated yet simplistic grassroots door to door objectives. They travel state to state to make sure anything and everything that comes up is defeated and not given the day of light. But i'm sure there are many others just like you who can't comprehend even 1% of what they deal with daily but are quick to criticize their efforts. Once again you have proven your loyalty to the baboons, go on continue your hate speech.
            Last edited by Shant03; 06-01-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post

Government Affairs Director Kate Nahapetian Advocates for Full Range of Armenian-American Foreign Aid Priorities WASHINGTON—Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) Government Affairs Director Kate Nahapetian testified on March 25 before a key congressional panel in [...]

CONCORD, N.H.—The pro-Azerbaijan lobby suffered yet another political setback on Feb. 11, as the New Hampshire House of Representatives blocked passage of HR 6, a deeply flawed measure that sought to undermine Nagorno-Karabagh’s freedom and [...]

What ANCA has achieved and continues to achieve is nothing short of remarkable and really speaks volumes about how passionate and dedicated we are as Armenians. They don't have the budget Turkey or Azerbaijan does, but nearly every week they defeat them diplomatically by executing strategic campaigns which involve sophisticated yet simplistic grassroots door to door objectives. They travel state to state to make sure anything and everything that comes up is defeated and not given the day of light. But i'm sure there are many others just like you who can't comprehend even 1% of what they deal with daily but are quick to criticize their efforts. Once again you have proven your loyalty to the baboons, go on continue your hate speech.
              I feel the same pain of mental torture reading his BS.
              He is confusing lobbying with demonstrations.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
              Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
              Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

The volume of work they do compared to their budget is nothing short of impossible. They operate on a few hundred thousand dollars a year, yet somehow they are the most powerful ethnic lobby in Washington after AIPAC. Even more impressive is the forces they have working against them. Beyond the small budget, the more impressive part is the groups they have working against them: The multibillion dollar lobbying arms of Turkey, Azerbaijan, the oil companies, and up until recently AIPAC/ADL.

The ability of a small lobby facing such large group to persuade a US government to take a neutral stance on the Karabakh , not to mention aid and investment projects in Armenia, when it has every reason not to is hard to believe if you really think about it.

Instead of expecting Armenians in countries like France, US, and Argentina to lobby a foreign nation, in addition to the massive amount they do in their countries, the Russian fanboy section should ask themselves why the millions of Russian Armenians are not able to organize to do a fraction as much, when Russia supposedly already has a natural interest in the well being of Armenia. Why the supposed powerful so called Armenians of Russia in important positions like the foreign minister or head of the fantasy "news" RT are so busy supporting mother Russia to do even once percent of what their despised counterparts in the west like the Hovnanian family, or Simonian family, Serj Tankian, Krik Krikorian, Eduardo Eurnekian, or Charles Aznavour have done for Armenia in recent years.

Of course expecting a child posing as an internet warrior who suddenly feels like an expert after reading a few propaganda sites to use the most basic form of logic would be too much to ask.
                Last edited by Mher; 06-01-2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

He may not be as idiotic as he sounds first glance.

I follow the Armenian news regularly.
                  Of all the utterances of azadamardigs I have never heard anybody suggest we return lands.

Yet he says his family members have fought in the war, indeed a member of his family fell on the battlefield yet he has managed sneakily squeeze that returning of lands was part of the solution on more than one occasion.

He of course opposes also fighting corruption etc etc.

I wonder who is behind that façade.

I lost a family member in the Artsakh war during liberation of shushi (janasan direction). Both my dad and uncle have fought in the war from the start of the war before it even went full blown in 1989.

Illham monkey aliyev knows very well what can happen if he re-starts it what most moron azeris fail to understand is - attacking artsakh and actually successfully liberating it is not a walk in the park and a miscalculation by the baboon can be the end of them for good no more country for them.
                  From my understanding - the chances of a new war in Artsakh are about 1% IMO.

The end result for Artsakh?

Armenian Army will be told to leave all areas surrounding Artsakh.
                  Armenia will keep kelbajar/lachin.
                  Artsakh will be given independence or join Armenia as another marz.

Do I agree with the above? yes its a good deal for peace. Of course it has to happen in stages - First Recognition of Artsakh.

It doesn't have a powerful lobby.

Why does it have to be only Russia-Armenians lobbying Kremlin? They do enough as it is.

More importantly what is our Diaspora in the U.S,France,Australia,U.K,Lebanon - anywhere else with a large Armenian population doing? I don't see any lobbying Kremlin they seem to have just diverted all attention on something else. Most fail to understand no country can solve the ARTSAKH problem but the Russians it's as simple as that.

If they all lobby Moscow from all those locations - maybe we would be in a different situation right now.

Can you tell me why the status quo is unacceptable? Even if a final agreement was reached on Artsakh do you think azeri will stop shooting and being pests? Downing the helicopter they are just baiting Armenia and want 'Armenia' to do something to give them the reason to launch an attack and they have failed at this so far.

Artsakh conflict will be resolved by either

1. Recognition of Artsakh
                  2. Recognition of Artsakh and we give back surrounding areas except ( Kelbajar + Lachin)
                  3. Another war and Azerbaijan loses more land and begs for another ceasefire - at this point conflict is finished for good
                  4. No war - no recognition and just stats quo for another 20 - 30 years which is still acceptable
                  Last edited by londontsi; 06-01-2015, 12:24 PM.
                  Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Diasporans are indeed generally delusional about their powers. Truth be told most of them won't bother setting foot in Armenia until something like the centennial occurs. Yes here in the USA we face some huge odds and that is why all that money and effort should be used in Armenia instead of waisting it away on lying politicians. Use your resources to build a nation instead of chasing rainbows.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

He may not be as idiotic as he sounds first glance.

I follow the Armenian news regularly.
                      Of all the utterances of azadamardigs I have never heard anybody suggest we return lands.

Yet he says his family members have fought in the war, indeed a member of his family fell on the battlefield yet he has managed sneakily squeeze that returning of lands was part of the solution on more than one occasion.

He of course opposes also fighting corruption etc etc.

I wonder who is behind that façade.
                      i wasn't able to handle the mental torture and didn't read most of this garbage to actually see those, good eye for detail. For a few years now there has been an almost identical propaganda campaign on various forums and sites, specially Youtube videos, by Turkic sources posing as hayastancis attempting to create a hayastanci v. spyurk divide. What we may have is a more evolved version of mr helloworld

Comment

Working...
                      X