Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by felizitation What about my questions, misteur Poire ?
    Aww, do you feel left out? I was actually re-reading your post, and you make some interesting points. As I have said earlier on, the whole idea seems to be too much work for a goal that might not have the impact we want it to.

À part ça, please elaborate on your last point. Sounded interesting and controversial, but I'm not quite sure I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants Aww, do you feel left out? I was actually re-reading your post, and you make some interesting points. As I have said earlier on, the whole idea seems to be too much work for a goal that might not have the impact we want it to.

À part ça, please elaborate on your last point. Sounded interesting and controversial, but I'm not quite sure I get it.
      Feel free to get whatever you want (don't have time right now to reelaborate shtg), I'll correct you if you're "à coté de la plaque".

Comment

Aha, understood.

Your point would be that Armenia sees the spurk as a sort of milking cow that, despite its participation, should not be given an active role in the country's direction, right?

Personally, I don't believe anyone not living in a country should have the right to vote in that country's election.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants Aha, understood.

Your point would be that Armenia sees the spurk as a sort of milking cow that, despite its participation, should not be given an active role in the country's direction, right?

Personally, I don't believe anyone not living in a country should have the right to vote in that country's election.
          I agree, but what if some people, such as 18 years old boy (real Dolph Langdren) were to perform their military service in armenia ? They should be rewarded for their service with a kind of citizenship.

On the other hand, I agree with that fact. However, we may see lobbies everywhere influencing political decisions. It is not individual entities of course. Where the influence exists, weight exists. Even if, as spiurk, we have to pay for this influence to exist, the matter is not only the fact that we are living there, it's also the control over the elections. And even for those of armenian nationality, they weighted in 2002 the external votes as 10 external voices for X = 1 internal voice for X.

Jews are able to vote for elections in Israel. I don't know exactly, but they should have something like double nationality. Armenia simply refuse this idea, it is not in their interests.

And, indeed, they see spiurks as milk cows. The Gov, not the hayasdantsi ...

Comment

Originally posted by felizitation

Jews are able to vote for elections in Israel. I don't know exactly, but they should have something like double nationality. Armenia simply refuse this idea, it is not in their interests.

We can't compare Armenia to Israel. What would happen if Armenians in the diaspora were able to vote? The Hnchak and Ramgavar party would be reborn (they have virtually NO support in Armenia) and the ARF would get over 70% of the votes (compared to the 15 or so that they received). I mean that Armenians in the diaspora tend to have NO idea about what's going on politically in Armenia. If you decide to vote for a certain candidate, and the guy turns out to be a complete idiot, why should you not face any consequences for your action?

I see double citizenship as a way to make diasporans feel better about themselves. Sure, it would be nice to have Armenian citizenship right now, but what the hell have I done to earn it?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants We can't compare Armenia to Israel. What would happen if Armenians in the diaspora were able to vote? The Hnchak and Ramgavar party would be reborn (they have virtually NO support in Armenia) and the ARF would get over 70% of the votes (compared to the 15 or so that they received). I mean that Armenians in the diaspora tend to have NO idea about what's going on politically in Armenia. If you decide to vote for a certain candidate, and the guy turns out to be a complete idiot, why should you not face any consequences for your action?

I see double citizenship as a way to make diasporans feel better about themselves. Sure, it would be nice to have Armenian citizenship right now, but what the hell have I done to earn it?
              Ramgavar is not a political party .
              I agree with you about the consequences of all these. You seems to confortable with the matter, but it was only one of the questions I raised

By the way, hayasdansi that vote from outside, and who knows what's happening, were also weaken.
              But, I may say that there is some kind of stagnation concerning this topic in the outside of armenia. I mean, the ones we hear the most are always the dachnak, the other (in fact, i don't even know who are the others except ramgavaroutioun, which is not political) are silent (or overcovered by the noise of dachnaks).

As citizen, we are not completely dumb. Offered the right to vote (which is an important duty) people won't vote just to please momy. It can't be completely out of information, and it is mainly the first step people to get really informed because they are offered the oportunity to make their opinion.
              Besides, this "evolution" would certainly trigger off the creation of a whole information structure, in order to be more transparent and objective and to fulfill the need of the electors. Since it would be big enough and in foreign-well-democratic (hahaha) countries, it can't be completely biased.

Of course, we will never know what would think an hayasdansi, and what is the best for the people there. Spiurks certainly will vote for other spiurks. They would at least not be completely pulled apart. It may also create a more confident climat, and ease people to go live there.

Then, re-populating armenia is another problem ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants I see double citizenship as a way to make diasporans feel better about themselves. Sure, it would be nice to have Armenian citizenship right now, but what the hell have I done to earn it?
                Forgot this point:
                we send money (in a certain extent)
                we grew up by nurturing (does this word exist??) this this ideal (ok it is pious)
                it is the first step to make populations more coherent

Comment

Originally posted by felizitation Forgot this point:
                  we send money (in a certain extent)
                  we grew up by nurturing (does this word exist??) this this ideal (ok it is pious)
                  it is the first step to make populations more coherent
                  And we want to do some business there, to bring work to armenia and to buy a new car

Comment

I'm still not sold.

What will happen is that candidates will try to please the diaspora, and might neglect the needs of Armenia just to get the diasporan vote.

For instance, one might say "we will build a museum honouring diasporans" or some other waste of money like that. Diasporans will say "hooray" and will vote for it. The construction of the museum will be funded by government money, which had to be cut from other domains like, for example, education or health.

And people will vote because they have some sort of information, but will usually do so based on their own needs, based on what they see around them. Which is why it is perfectly normal for an Armenian-American to vote.....in the American elections.

Informed or not, if you're gonna vote, you have to live the consequences. I'm not against diasporans voting....they should just live in Armenia if they want to do it...but then, they are no longer diasporans. So yes, I'm against diasporans voting.

Comment

Originally posted by felizitation And we want to do some business there, to bring work to armenia and to buy a new car
                      hahahahahahahahahaha. Classic!

En tout cas...3 heures AM ici, et je m'en vais au lit.

Toujours un plaisir!
                      Last edited by xBaron Dants; 01-12-2004, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X