Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shahumyan i dont see how effective "growth" figures are, since original index figures used were so low, i dont see them as a useful indication at all. As for investment, we must remember were entering (entered in some spheres) a global recession, it would be naive to suggest that Armenia would be first to get investment.

Having said that, capitalists may pull out from developed nations, and get cheap labour from Armenia and set up sweatshops, and low paid jobs, making Armenia a magnet for xxxx jobs.

Getseh Global Capitalism, its times like these i believe every member of the ANM should have had their vizner kdrats, putting political dogma over the welfare of the people
    Yes/No the harts is not easy.
    This whole recession periods concerns only countries strongly rooted in capitalis, seing the production slowed down. They're seeking some new markets or some new countries in which they may produce cheaper.

I'm not against this use of Armenia. The most important for people is to get work, and thus to earn some money. It will still be better than being unemployed.
    The firsts years would be very hard, under payed etc... but it is the normal cycle and the sacrifice to rise the standard of life.
    Social evolution will necessarly follow.

Armenia is now on competition with other countries, such as the ones in eastern europe, asia, arabic...

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants I don't want Nike to come to Armenia. I will become a kamikaze if they ever do approach Armenia.

The principle advantage of Armenia is that it has a qualified and educated population. Labour would be cheaper because the cost of life is cheaper, but I don't think anyone wants our government to make our country as "attractive" to foreign investment as China or Vietnam is.

And Shahumyan, armenians voted for independance. And overwhelmingly so. You still seem to be in denial.
      We're talking about work, not education. If education is over developped regarding the local industries and needs, it would probably be lowered. This is economical logics, it is sad, but why do you think schools were created ? to form people to the countries needs. You need engineers ? you create engineering school ? you don't need writter ? you create very competitive examinations to pursue litterature. That is the way it goes.

Take as example what is happening now. USSR education was very great and all the population took benefit of it. It responded to USSR needs in sciences, particularly during the cold war. Armenia is over crowded of very competent physicians, mathematicians, any purpose scientists, architects..., as well as artists (because we are artists)

But the country does not have these needs, industrialy speaking. This is why, in france for instance, i have many fellows that do a phd, or work as teachers in universities, or work in nuclear sites... They escape from unemployment. They are not in Armenia, they at least have a job.

If odar entreprises should install, it would create these local needs (ingeneering, economic, marketing, commerce...), and education would continue.

Don't be so reticent, Armenia is a small country and needs work. It will never be selfsufficient. External implantations are the key for the next 10 years development.
      Just look at the liquor "ararat". Ask an armenian, he would say: "this was ours, now it belongs to odar (which are French). It was very great liquor etc etc, famous etc etc". And then ? the factory was saved because it was very close to bankruptcy. People continue working like before, the factory was rebuild, the production was increased since it take benefit of the whole distribution network of a multinational. Be objective, it saved the factory.

Comment

I never said I was reticent to foreign investment. I don't know where you got that from.

I want foreign investment, and God knows we need it. That doesn't mean I would agree to Nike opening up a sweat shop and underpaying armenian workers.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants I never said I was reticent to foreign investment. I don't know where you got that from.

I want foreign investment, and God knows we need it. That doesn't mean I would agree to Nike opening up a sweat shop and underpaying armenian workers.
          I thought, because of the kamikaze sentance.

We don't care about the sweat shop. It will be made for spiurks visiting armenia
          Every foreign investor will underpay armenians. It is actually the case now, and it is both a shortcoming and an advantage.

Don't be proud, underpayment is still better than unemployment. And as I said, it will be a difficult period, but it necessarly would evolve.

Comment

Originally posted by felizitation I thought, because of the kamikaze sentance.

We don't care about the sweat shop. It will be made for spiurks visiting armenia
            Every foreign investor will underpay armenians. It is actually the case now, and it is both a shortcoming and an advantage.

Don't be proud, underpayment is still better than unemployment. And as I said, it will be a difficult period, but it necessarly would evolve.
            And by the way, the standard of life is low enough to avoid very stupid underpayment. Each foreign factory underpay since people work more than they should do, but they earn enough to live.

Comment

first off, Danzig, i never said armenians didnt want independence, however, i still think the "leaders" who were undemocratically elected as i do recall, provided a disgusting vanguard, based on the idiotic ideology of freedom at all costs. The armenians wanted independance, im fine with that, and if that is democratically the opinion of the people, i must (and do) abide by it, however, i do not abide by the ANM (former)

As for the capitalistic economics of it, well, if you want Armenians to live in extremely poor standards of living, but in "independance" (See: My many arguments why Armenia is arguable LESS independant) then so be it.

As for foreign capitalists underpaying, i think this is not true, ALL capitalists underpay, ARmenian, Turk, Mongolian or otherwise, that is how they make their profit remember, by not giving the worker his full dues

Comment

Originally posted by Shahumyan What happened at Khojaly, massacres were committed on both sides remember....
                Sure i do, my uncles and my father where there, so i know what i'm talking about.
                What realy happend in Khogalu, azeri men was runnung away, and left behind their women and children, by safing their asses. So what happend is, these innocent ppl where caught in the middle of the fight....half of them where killed by their own men .So don't even start with that Khojalu bull.

*can i ask u, where r u from? r u arevmtahay kam arevelahay ?!

Comment

Originally posted by felizitation I thought, because of the kamikaze sentance.

If a foreign investor who would pay 30 000 dollars to his employee in America, pays only 6000 to an employee in Armenia, I wouldn't mind, as 6000 dollars would allow for an alright life in Armenia (judging by what I've been told).

But if some idiot like Nike comes here, gives horrible jobs with horrible conditions, and with horrible pay, it's not a question of pride. It's a question of human rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants If a foreign investor who would pay 30 000 dollars to his employee in America, pays only 6000 to an employee in Armenia, I wouldn't mind, as 6000 dollars would allow for an alright life in Armenia (judging by what I've been told).

But if some idiot like Nike comes here, gives horrible jobs with horrible conditions, and with horrible pay, it's not a question of pride. It's a question of human rights.
                    We agree ... I'm not saying we have to be the economic xxxx. We are not vietnamese, we have some familial rules...

Comment

Originally posted by felizitation We agree ... I'm not saying we have to be the economic xxxx. We are not vietnamese, we have some familial rules...
                      Theeeere you go. Glad this is settled. So no to Nike sweatshops, and yes to an IT company opening a branch in Armenia.

I like the term "economic xxxx" by the way.

Comment

Working...
                      X