Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Foreign Relations of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foreign Relations of Armenia

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    He looks like his father.
    Mos, I'm not sure how to post photos on here - a couple of attempts failed. Could you post Heydar Aliyev's and Ilham Aliyev's pictures? (Maybe someone can PM me how to do it? Thanks)

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
      Mos, I'm not sure how to post photos on here - a couple of attempts failed. Could you post Heydar Aliyev's and Ilham Aliyev's pictures? (Maybe someone can PM me how to do it? Thanks)
      By the way, Ilham Aliyev has the same 'sleepy left eye' that Ariel Sharon has.
      Last edited by Persopolis; 02-25-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

here's 2 pictures

Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^
          In my humble opinion: Aliyev doesn't look Armenian, Persian, Kurdish, Talysh (a Persian tribe in AZ) or Russian. He also doesn't look like his dad. It's a question that's bothered me for a long time: Where is Aliyev really from? (By the way, just looking at that corrupt stooge Aliyev makes me feel sick.)
          Last edited by Persopolis; 02-25-2011, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
            ^ ^ ^ ^
            In my humble opinion: Aliyev doesn't look Armenian, Persian, Kurdish, Talysh (a Persian tribe in AZ) or Russian. He also doesn't look like his dad. It's a question that's bothered me for a long time: Where is Aliyev really from? (By the way, just looking at that corrupt stooge Aliyev makes me feel sick.)
            no, illham aliyev could pass as an Armenian actually.

Well I thought they looked alike, besides you can't infer such things just from looks.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

We are becoming increasingly close with Latvia, including the frequent visits, flight will be launched between Riga and Yerevan. They will help us with our EU reforms:

Armenia interested in Latvian experience for integration into Europe
              March 9, 2011 - 20:23 AMT 16:23 GMT
              PanARMENIAN.Net - On March 9, Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan, who is on an official visit to Latvia, visited the Freedom Monument in Riga to lay a wreath after the meeting with his Latvian counterpart Valdis Zatlers.

Later the same day, Sargsyan met with speaker of the Latvian parliament Solvita Aboltina.

The parties noted that the Armenian and Latvian parliaments have friendly relations and will try to develop them, taking into consideration the outlooks for cooperation.

Mr. Sargsyan said that Armenia is interested in cooperation with the European union and usage of the Latvian experience to bring Armenia’s legislation in compliance with the European standards.

As Yerevan was named World Book Capital 2012 by UNESCO, while Riga will be Europe’s cultural capital in 2014, Sargsyan and Aboltina considered these facts to be favorable for boosting cultural collaboration between the two countries
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---

Comment

Good to hear:

arroso hails progress towards EU-Armenia Association Agreement

16-03-2011
                European Commission President José Manuel Barroso has welcomed progress in the negotiations on the future EU-Armenia Association Agreement. Following his meeting with Armenia’s Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan in Brussels on 15 March, he said: “This ambitious treaty will bring our political and economic relationship to a new level and draw Armenia closer to the European Union.”

Armenia’s economic integration with the EU will deepen as a result of a future Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area, said Barroso, adding that further progress on the institutional and administrative reforms was needed in order to launch negotiations on this free-trade area. He said the European Commission was giving Armenia all the relevant support to meet the conditions for the start of the talks, in particular through an institution-building programme and an Advisory Group.

Barroso stressed the importance of enhanced media pluralism in Armenia and also the improvement of the electoral conduct. “Our shared commitment to common values – democracy, human rights and the rule of law – is a key part of our relationship and the foundation of an enhanced cooperation under the Eastern Partnership,” he said.

Turning to the visa issue, President Barroso said enhancing mobility between the EU and its partner countries remained an important goal of the Eastern Partnership and of EU-Armenia relations. He announced that negotiations on Visa Facilitation and Readmission Agreements would start in the near future.

Touching upon regional issues, Barroso said the EU was seriously concerned about continuing armed incidents at the Line of Contact in Nagorno-Karabakh and the ongoing militarisation in the region. He underlined the Union’s support for a “peaceful resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict on the basis of the principles of non-use of force, territorial integrity and the self-determination of peoples.” The status quo is not an option, stressed President Barroso. (ENPI Info Centre)
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

Good to see strong relations with die Schweiz
                  Swiss President Visits Armenia, Opens Embassy

Swiss President Micheline Calmy-Rey lays wreath at Dzidzernagapert
                  YEREVAN (Combined Sources)—Swiss president Micheline Calmy-Rey arrived in Armenia late Wednesday and held meetings with top Armenian officials including President Serzh Sarkisian on a number of issues related to Swiss-Armenia cooperation.
                  She was also on hand for the opening of the Swiss embassy in Armenia, which will be helmed by Konstantin Obolensky.1
                  Upon Sarkisian’s invitation, Calmy-Rey visited the Dzidzernagapert Memorial Monument and placed a wreath at the memorial for the Armenian Genocide victims. Calmy-Rey also watered a fir at the Memorial Alley which was planted in 2006.
                  On December 16 2003, the Swiss Parliament adopted a resolution recognizing the Armenian Genocide and criminalizing its denial.
                  At a joint press conference with Sarkisian, Calmy-Rey also touched on the Turkey-Armenia protcols.

“Formally, the Swiss mediation ended with the signing of the Zurich protocols,” she said. “However, I wouldn’t say that we have washed our hands and are indifferent to what is happening between Armenia and Turkey.”
                  “Switzerland wants the process of protocol ratification to resume and we are ready to do everything that would encourage the parties,” explained Calmy-Rey.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

I don't get why Armenia does not adopt in its foreign policy the active "expressing of condolences" to world leaders on tragic events. Besides Russia and a select few countries or otherwise major world disasters (see Japan), I never hear about Armenia (at least publicly) sending condolences.

For example, there was a tornado outbreak in the US that killed 300+ people this week. Azerbaijan sent condolences to Obama... why does Armenia not do the same? Same with Morocco over the bombing in Marrakech, Azerbaijan was right there with a sending of condolences and no sign from Armenia. Sending these kinda things is a sign of respect for that nation and perhaps starts dialogue in the future. It could benefit Armenia while bringing no negatives.
                    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                      I don't get why Armenia does not adopt in its foreign policy the active "expressing of condolences" to world leaders on tragic events. Besides Russia and a select few countries or otherwise major world disasters (see Japan), I never hear about Armenia (at least publicly) sending condolences.

For example, there was a tornado outbreak in the US that killed 300+ people this week. Azerbaijan sent condolences to Obama... why does Armenia not do the same? Same with Morocco over the bombing in Marrakech, Azerbaijan was right there with a sending of condolences and no sign from Armenia. Sending these kinda things is a sign of respect for that nation and perhaps starts dialogue in the future. It could benefit Armenia while bringing no negatives.
                      PRESIDENT OF ARMENIA EXPRESSED HIS CONDOLENCES TO THE JAPAN EMPEROR ON THE EARTHQUAKE

YEREVAN, March 12. /ARKA/. President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan sent a letter of condolence to the Emperor of Japan Akihito where he expressed his willingness to assist them in the elimination of earthquake consequences in Japan.

On Friday 8.9-magnitude earthquake stuck Japan. It struck about 400km (250 miles) north-east of Tokyo with the depth of 24 km. Officials say 350 people are dead and about 500 missing.

“Your Excellency, I am deeply impressed by the sad news about the disaster in Japan. I express my sincere condolences to You and Japanese people on the quake victims and destructions. Be sure that in these difficult times Armenia is with Japan and will help you to the extent of its resources. Sharing Your sorrow and Your people I wish endurance and strength to the relatives and friends of the victims”, states Sargsyan’s letter. –0--

well during the blast in Belarus Armenia's and Artsakh's President's sent condolence letters.
                      KARABAKH PRESIDENT SENDS CONDOLENCE LETTER TO BELARUS

STEPANAKERT. - President of Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Bako Sahakyan sent a condolence letter to his Belarusian counterpart Alexander Lukashenko, the presidential press service informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
                      In his letter President Sahakyan offered his sincere condolences to fraternal people of Belarus on victims and injured in Minsk subway blast.

As Armenian News-NEWS.am reported earlier, a blast rocked Oktyabrskaya subway station in Minsk during evening rush hour Monday killing 11 people and wounding 150, including 26 severely wounded. The bomb was planted under a bench in the subway's only transfer station.

Two Armenian citizens were injured in the Minsk blast.

with the tornado you have to think about it like this:
                      1.) The US didnt do anything during the destruction of the Armenian cemetery in Nakhijevan
                      2.) They keep lying to the Armenian community claiming they will recognize the Armenian Genocide and never do
                      3.) Always turn a blind eye towards azerbaijan and there threats, there ceasefire violations, etc.
                      4.) Recently they cut aid to Armenia regarding the Millennium Challenge Account http://asbarez.com/94996/millennium-...s-armenia-aid/ and don't do xxxx when azerbaijan rigs elections, when they arrest a 5 year old girl and her mother, when they arrest opposition members. They dont say or do xxxx.
                      Last edited by ninetoyadome; 04-30-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X