Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

levon and his friends at the dinner table...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(chicken pieces seen in the video are courtesy of KFC)

Comment

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
      How can you love someone you don't trust? If I'm not mistaken you're being a realist, the kind of person who is not stuck in the moment and leaves a little window open for the 'ifs', right?
      Depends on what you call love I suppose. It's probably the most overly and misused term next to anti-semitism.

Vaaay Levon, can you give some real-life examples please? Do you know women who cause trouble at the dinner table?
      What Levon is referring to is our tribal roots. Tribes didn't segregate men from women as both were considered part of a unit.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        Depends on what you call love I suppose.
        that, a christian should know...

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
        5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
        6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
        7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Comment

Originally posted by gkv View Post
          that, a christian should know...

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
          5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
          6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
          7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...13&version=NIV
          7 Is the most important.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

How can you love someone you don't trust? If I'm not mistaken you're being a realist, the kind of person who is not stuck in the moment and leaves a little window open for the 'ifs', right?
            Because one can choose who to trust, but often times love just happens.
            But I'm not a realist. I take too many risks and act on impulse more than I should. I aim for the most I can do, then burn out. It's fun that way.

Why should they be treated in those particular ways? Aren't there other methods/things we can do?
            You mean treated that way? Man is most productive when he has a clear purpose. For as long as civilization has existed, for most men that has been wife and children, that's why a husband was actually respected back then. Now, governments have found better ways to accomplish the same thing: encourage divorce, give custody to the mom, then impose criminal charges if the man doesn't pay up. It's worth nothing that a much larger percentage of women default on child-support payments, but a much larger percentage of men get punished for the same deed.

'Weaker' in what sense? The dangerous occupations cannot be handled properly by most women not because the society exempted them but due to their special physical, psychological or/and biological structure. On the other hand, there are occupations women can do better than men.
            Are you sure? So then how is it that women can be in sports, but not in dangerous occupations? If a woman can compete in "Discus", she can work in a coal mine. It's true that an average man can become much stronger than an average woman; however, an average woman can still manage in a coal mine.

Women are exempt, because most women would never risk their lives for money. It's far easier to find a guy to take the risks.

Vaaay Levon, can you give some real-life examples please? Do you know women who cause trouble at the dinner table?
            Some century and a half ago, in this country (US) women were considered to have the mind of a child, as such, her word was half as credible in court, and she usually received much lighter sentences than a man would for the same crime. So, in return for being thought of as "inferior" women received all sorts of privileges.

Now, women still want all the privileges, but want to be thought of as "equals." If a woman should be privileged because of "biological differences", then it's completely practical to consider her "inferior" because of these same "biological differences."

It's one or the other, so if you ask for "privileges", be prepared to be "inferior." But, this double-speak is the best weapon of feminists, i.e.
            "women are strong and independent, they need to fill more top positions", but
            "women are victims, they need special protection from the government."

It's +2 for women, and -2 for men, yet most men and all women agree that "women are victims, they need more privilege", and "women are strong and independent they can handle everything thrown at them"

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
              Because one can choose who to trust, but often times love just happens.
              But I'm not a realist. I take too many risks and act on impulse more than I should. I aim for the most I can do, then burn out. It's fun that way.
              Ah, OK, I didn't think of that.

You mean treated that way? Man is most productive when he has a clear purpose. For as long as civilization has existed, for most men that has been wife and children, that's why a husband was actually respected back then. Now, governments have found better ways to accomplish the same thing: encourage divorce, give custody to the mom, then impose criminal charges if the man doesn't pay up. It's worth nothing that a much larger percentage of women default on child-support payments, but a much larger percentage of men get punished for the same deed.
              I know.. this is not fair at all... but that’s how it works in the west, especially in America. The American law in itself is corrupt. Again in such cases like custody battles or divorce, each case is unique and cannot be resumed to a general statement saying 'men or women are victims'...

Are you sure? So then how is it that women can be in sports, but not in dangerous occupations? If a woman can compete in "Discus", she can work in a coal mine. It's true that an average man can become much stronger than an average woman; however, an average woman can still manage in a coal mine.

Women are exempt, because most women would never risk their lives for money. It's far easier to find a guy to take the risks.
              Note that even in sports, women do not compete with men. A female footballer can in no way reach the functionality of her male counterpart... the same would apply to a miner, I can certainly do it but would it be the same job as a man does?
              Women have babies, isn’t it a risk?
              What are the chances that an average man (especially those living in the West) would seriously risk his life? I mean how many men are miners or go to war or...?

Some century and a half ago, in this country (US) women were considered to have the mind of a child, as such, her word was half as credible in court, and she usually received much lighter sentences than a man would for the same crime. So, in return for being thought of as "inferior" women received all sorts of privileges.
              What you call ‘privileges’ are natural (for the reasons I have explained), they have always existed to my knowledge.

Now, women still want all the privileges, but want to be thought of as "equals." If a woman should be privileged because of "biological differences", then it's completely practical to consider her "inferior" because of these same "biological differences."
              'Inferior' in what? biological differences do not result in an intellectual deficiency or maybe you think so?

It's one or the other, so if you ask for "privileges", be prepared to be "inferior." But, this double-speak is the best weapon of feminists, i.e.
              "women are strong and independent, they need to fill more top positions", but
              "women are victims, they need special protection from the government."
              I do not condone it. In my view some men need the protection as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gkv View Post
                levon and his friends at the dinner table...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(chicken pieces seen in the video are courtesy of KFC)
                ahh, that was funny.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I know.. this is not fair at all... but that�s how it works in the west, especially in America. The American law in itself is corrupt.
                  It's not about corruption. It's about consumerism. Women spend more, remove the husband, but still force him to work. She'll overspend, but he can't do anything about it.

Again in such cases like custody battles or divorce, each case is unique and cannot be resumed to a general statement saying 'men or women are victims'...
                  Sure, but it would be kind of hard for a man to claim his wife beat him just so she can spend some time in jail while he files for a restraining order on her. Then, during the divorce case, use the allegations to win custody (A restraining order is the first thing most divorce lawyers recommend). A man would also have a hard time convincing anyone that his wife molested his children and so he should get custody (this happens often as well).

None of the allegations have to be substantiated, and no woman ever gets charged with any crime for using false allegations to win custody. It would be much harder for a man to do the same, because no custody-judge will believe him.

Note that even in sports, women do not compete with men. A female footballer can in no way reach the functionality of her male counterpart... the same would apply to a miner, I can certainly do it but would it be the same job as a man does?
                  A top male athlete will always outdo a top female athlete; however, an average female athlete will always outdo an average male (who's not an athlete). It doesn't take an athlete to work in a coal mine, and most women will be able to adapt to the mine just as well as men.

Women have babies, isn�t it a risk?
                  What are the chances that an average man (especially those living in the West) would seriously risk his life? I mean how many men are miners or go to war or...?
                  The chances that an average man would seriously risk his life are much much higher than the chances that an average woman would.

What you call �privileges� are natural (for the reasons I have explained), they have always existed to my knowledge.
                  So, you're claiming that women should get privilege because nature intended it, and men should give privilege because nature intends this as well?

'Inferior' in what? biological differences do not result in an intellectual deficiency or maybe you think so?
                  So, women are not 'Inferior', but they should still get privilege because they are 'different'. Does this make sense to you? It's double-talk.

I do not condone it. In my view some men need the protection as well.
                  Are you sure? Think hard. Have you ever taken advantage of being biologically different (but not 'inferior') and accepted privilege? And have you ever expected to be have the same rights as your male co-workers because as a woman you are not in any way 'inferior' to a man?

Sometimes I'm completely confused as to how so many women, who are otherwise intelligent, fail to see the flaw in such reasoning? I mean you say you do not condone it, yet claim that women should get privilege but still be treated equal to men.

Comment

It's not about corruption. It's about consumerism. Women spend more, remove the husband, but still force him to work. She'll overspend, but he can't do anything about it.
                    I know quite a lot of young men (around my age) who can't deal with money and spend much more than women, again I really don't know where you got that from? Maybe that's the way it is in America?

Sure, but it would be kind of hard for a man to claim his wife beat him just so she can spend some time in jail while he files for a restraining order on her. Then, during the divorce case, use the allegations to win custody (A restraining order is the first thing most divorce lawyers recommend). A man would also have a hard time convincing anyone that his wife molested his children and so he should get custody (this happens often as well).

None of the allegations have to be substantiated, and no woman ever gets charged with any crime for using false allegations to win custody. It would be much harder for a man to do the same, because no custody-judge will believe him.

why do you think it's harder? Could it be that men in general tend to be more involved in similar acts? Maybe we should look at the statistics...

A top male athlete will always outdo a top female athlete; however, an average female athlete will always outdo an average male (who's not an athlete). It doesn't take an athlete to work in a coal mine, and most women will be able to adapt to the mine just as well as men.
                    Would you send your daughter to work in a mine? We would adapt but at what cost?
                    Even if we suppose the woman goes to work in a mine, would you men take care of the children with patience, would you breastfeed the infant (or you'd take the baby to the mine ), would you help them later with their schoolwork or...? The list can go on...

So, you're claiming that women should get privilege because nature intended it, and men should give privilege because nature intends this as well?
                    No, it's not always nature dictating but for women to get 'privileges' (I don't like this word) but more often that not it is.

So, women are not 'Inferior', but they should still get privilege because they are 'different'. Does this make sense to you? It's double-talk.
                    That was not how I said exactly. But do you think women are inferior intellectually?

Are you sure? Think hard. Have you ever taken advantage of being biologically different (but not 'inferior') and accepted privilege? And have you ever expected to be have the same rights as your male co-workers because as a woman you are not in any way 'inferior' to a man?
                    If I spend as much time and do the job as well as my male colleagues or sometimes even better than them, why shouldn't I have the same rights (in the realm we're talking about)?

Sometimes I'm completely confused as to how so many women, who are otherwise intelligent, fail to see the flaw in such reasoning? I mean you say you do not condone it, yet claim that women should get privilege but still be treated equal to men.

I see what you mean but can you say/show how women should be treated so my argument would not be 'flawed' and the 'balance' would be preserved?
                    Last edited by Lucin; 04-08-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I know quite a lot of young men (around my age) who can't deal with money and spend much more than women, again I really don't know where you got that from? Maybe that's the way it is in America?
                      Let's look at facts. Walk into any department store and look around. 80% of the merchandise is tailored towards women. In department stores with more than one floor, the first floor is almost entirely tailored toward women.
                      I was in a Macy's in Chicago, where the first 7 floors were all woman's products. Man's and children department was on the last floor.
                      I think it's obvious who spends more (or rather for whom is spent more).

why do you think it's harder? Could it be that men in general tend to be more involved in similar acts? Maybe we should look at the statistics...
                      40 years of feminist propaganda and everyone is convinced that men are vile and evil. Statistics don't indicate that men are any more likely to commit these acts than women.

Would you send your daughter to work in a mine? We would adapt but at what cost?
                      I wouldn't send my son nor my daughter to work in a mine. Let's not use empathy in our discussions, it adds a bias.

Even if we suppose the woman goes to work in a mine, would you men take care of the children with patience, would you breastfeed the infant (or you'd take the baby to the mine ), would you help them later with their schoolwork or...? The list can go on...
                      We're not talking about switching roles here. Nor are we talking about a woman with children. Let's take children out of the equation for a second. Without children, why should a woman be considered biologically unfit for mining?
                      Plus, are you implying that mothers are better parents than fathers?
                      You do know that children from single mother households are much more likely to be delinquent than children from single father households.

No, it's not always nature dictating but for women to get 'privileges' (I don't like this word) but more often that not it is.
                      Like it or not, getting something just because one's a woman is getting privilege. Most women have been spoiled their whole life (cute ones at least). They expect to get things. Most mothers tell their sons they have to be nice to girls and treat them well. Nurture or Nature?

That was not how I said exactly. But do you think women are inferior intellectually?
                      If you mean science and engineering, then men are much smarter. In the last 40 years when women had all sorts of freedoms to pursue whatever careers they wanted, most engineers, mathematicians, inventors, etc are all men.

However, if you mean social intelligence, then an average woman is far smarter than an average man. I mean, women get men take care of them, take them shopping, spoil them, fight their battles, and men are still convinced they are better off than women. Who's the smarter one?

If I spend as much time and do the job as well as my male colleagues or sometimes even better than them, why shouldn't I have the same rights (in the realm we're talking about)?
                      Right, you are as good as your male colleagues, so you should get the same rewards. But, your are biologically different, so you should get some special treatment when you need it. Meaning, if you have children and cannot put 60 hours a week, and only put 30 hours, you should still get that promotion since you do as good a job as your male colleagues, even if you only work half as much.

I see what you mean but can you say/show how women should be treated so my argument would not be 'flawed' and the 'balance' would be preserved?
                      As long as women say "we do the same if not better work, so we deserve the same rights", but "we are biologically different so we need to be treated differently (better)" there can never be balance.

Comment

Working...
                      X