Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    I have a theory why nice guys or intelligent guys don't get the girl. Women have for centuries been used to convert men (in modern days, you'd call it taming the wild guy) but in the past it's been cultural and religious conversions. As the world would be chaos without order, the modern woman is used to put the "wild" man in order (or at least keep him occupied). Nice guys and intelligent guys are already orderly, since they obey the rules of law. This has also been fed to women through TV (the tool used to influence the thought process and program the weak minded... which by no means is directed at women only). The most common man you'll see depicted in TV and Movies is the typical "jerk" or the man portraying "risky behaviour" that women fall for as those are the types most likely to threaten government and attempt to overthrow the elite.
    I like your theory. So is it then nature that forces woman to chase the jerk, or nurture? And many women play around with jerks in their 20s then when baby-rabies kicks in, they go for the nice orderly guy, who is much more likely to take care of them and any "bastard" kids they might have.
    Then there are women who get a guy early on, do everything possible to make him less attractive than before so they can be sure to keep him for good.

A lot of social values seem bent on keeping average people occupied with nonsense. If every traditional man is expected to have children, he will never find time to do great things. And his family can be used as "hostage" to force him to go to war and die for the elite.

You're right. I think woman's innate narcissism has been manipulated to keep men occupied. In past centuries man was occupied with having as many children as possible and being a provider. Now, he is occupied with chasing as much p@ssy as he can. Woman is the ultimate distraction for man. Within her grasp, he will likely never reach his potential.
    Last edited by levon; 04-07-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

levon, the level of misoginy you display in your rants is appalling.
      what you're doing here is just venting your own frustration it appears.
      please do not generalize based on your own experiences / your experiences of watching TV somewhere in kentucky.
      such talk only serves to antagonize the opposite gender.
      this is plain anti-national behaviour if you ask me.
      in the similar threads section, i find it interesting that the first one to come up is one that mentions extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post

I don't think so. It's always been like that, it just that the current political atmosphere has made it more apparent for those who don't want to indulge in ignorance. There is no "other extreme".
        There is no other extreme? How so? The women who should have lunch/dinner separately away from men, in a different room, or wash their father-in-law's feet, isn't it extremism?

Women have always been opportunists, they have simply expressed it in different ways. Ever wonder why a traditional man is taught to never hit a girl, protect all women and sacrifice himself in their name? From a logical point of view, it doesn't make sense at all, but mothers have been feeding it to their sons since dawn of civilization. Was family created by man to make sure his children were really his, or was it created by woman so she had better control of the man in his life? Whatever the case, a traditional woman expects her man to work for her and sacrifice his life for her. In essence, she considers him her servant, but at the same time respects him as a husband. It was better when these ideas were buried behind cultural barriers, as the situation was acceptable for both parties. However, feminism has exposed this fact, perhaps on purpose, as the destruction of the traditional family was/is one of the most important goals of feminists.
        I believe it should all be about reciprocity, it is a a give and take situation. You as a man open door for your wife/gf/partner, buy her gifts, 'pamper' her (not in a negative sense) every once in a while, listen to her or make sacrifices only and only out of love. Then in return, she will/should compensate for that by her nice gestures, attitudes, understanding and sacrifices in her own womanly way (which are naturally different from men's)... or vice-versa. All this should be mutual.

Narcissism on part of women, and idiocy on part of men is what happened. Girls are raised to believe they are deserving, privileged princesses and men, still stuck in old-school courting practices spare no expense at further spoiling them.
        Absolutely. I am so happy to see a man who has been able to decipher so well/clearly these personality layers of both men and women. It has been a long time I have realized it...

If a girl is raised with traditional standards, she would never accept courting from a man she had no interest in, but by accepting gifts and favors, she unknowingly gives a nod of acceptance to the man, who continues the behavior with no success.

Then something must be wrong with those standards or the person herself. A girl raised with 'traditional standards' who doesn't accept the courting, would not accept the gifts either...

Generalizations make it easier to provide conclusions. It wouldn't make much sense to always include the exceptions. These are implied as no generalization is perfect. And just because many women fit into these generalizations, doesn't mean they should apply to you, so I don't see why you'd get offended.
        Nah, I did not get offended since I don't find myself in the categories you describe. I was kidding and hinting to your rather gross generalisations.

I'm sure you've also noticed that I generalize most men as being idiots when it comes to women. Why don't you "don't like that"?
        You are right. But since I belong to the opposite gender, I naturally took our 'defense'.

You're right. I think woman's innate narcissism has been manipulated to keep men occupied. In past centuries man was occupied with having as many children as possible and being a provider. Now, he is occupied with chasing as much p@ssy as he can.
        Stupid men!
        Last edited by Lucin; 04-07-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

most people (esp. women) simply want to fit in at any cost.

Comment

Originally posted by gkv View Post
            levon, the level of misoginy you display in your rants is appalling.
            what you're doing here is just venting your own frustration it appears.
            please do not generalize based on your own experiences / your experiences of watching TV somewhere in kentucky.
            Wow, I'm a misogynist. You know, I could give a rat's ass about how you or anybody else categorizes me. I've been on both sides of the fence. The side that got sh!t, and the side the couldn't handle all the attention from the opposite sex. My frustrations are directed at those who blindly pursue policies that create destructive forces in society that make it hell for everyone.

Originally posted by gkv View Post
            such talk only serves to antagonize the opposite gender.
            Oh well. Not everything in life is dandy. What you think, life is candy?

Comment

I like your theory. So is it then nature that forces woman to chase the jerk, or nurture? And many women play around with jerks in their 20s then when baby-rabies kicks in, they go for the nice orderly guy, who is much more likely to take care of them and any "bastard" kids they might have.
              Then there are women who get a guy early on, do everything possible to make him less attractive than before so they can be sure to keep him for good.

A lot of social values seem bent on keeping average people occupied with nonsense. If every traditional man is expected to have children, he will never find time to do great things. And his family can be used as "hostage" to force him to go to war and die for the elite.

You're right. I think woman's innate narcissism has been manipulated to keep men occupied. In past centuries man was occupied with having as many children as possible and being a provider. Now, he is occupied with chasing as much p@ssy as he can. Woman is the ultimate distraction for man. Within her grasp, he will likely never reach his potential.
              Men has always been occupied with the idea of getting as much xxxxx as they could. Look at nobility in the middle ages or the Romans and their orgies. People never change in the end we are no different from our ancestors so many thousands of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                Men has always been occupied with the idea of getting as much xxxxx as they could. Look at nobility in the middle ages or the Romans and their orgies. People never change in the end we are no different from our ancestors so many thousands of years ago.
                Only dumb men who can't hold empires
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

i don't exactly think life is candy, if only based on my own experience.
                  destructive forces you have to counterbalance in your own very little sphere of action by setting positive examples, examples people can draw inspiration from. other than that, there is little you can do to influence others. if you succeed in building a strong family and raising children, that will already be a commendable achievement. all the rest is pointless talk. and i think you know that for you do not seem to lack intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    Only dumb men who can't hold empires
                    Do you know how many wifes one of the greatest conquers in the world had close to two hundred. Powerful men are the ones that love xxxxx as much as they love power. Even popes back then had many wife and mistresses some of them had 8 to ten children. So tell me what has changed from then till now?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                      There is no other extreme? How so? The women who should have lunch/dinner separately away from men, in a different room, or wash their father-in-law's feet, isn't it extremism?
                      Depends on how you look at it. She wash her father-in-laws feet, and when there's trouble, he sacrifices his life for his daughter in law.

I believe it should all be about reciprocity, it is a a give and take situation. You as a man open door for your wife/gf/partner, buy her gifts, 'pamper' her (not in a negative sense) every once in a while, listen to her or make sacrifices only and only out of love. Then in return, she will/should compensate for that by her nice gestures, attitudes, understanding and sacrifices in her own womanly way (which are naturally different from men's)... or vice-versa. All this should be mutual.
                      If a woman couldn't work, or take care of herself, and didn't demand equality, then it would be fine. But when you mix privilege with "pamper" you get hell. That's why what you describe worked in more traditional times, but doesn't anymore.

Then something must be wrong with those standards or the person herself. A girl raised with 'traditional standards' who doesn't accept the courting, would not accept the gifts either...
                      Sorry, I didn't make my sentence clear. I meant a traditional girl will never accept courting from a man she's not interested in, but (a modern woman) by accepting gifts and favors,......

You are right. But since I belong to the opposite gender, I naturally took our 'defense'.
                      That's right. But I bet men would come to your defense, whereas very few, if any, women will take to men's defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X