Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by levon View Post
    Let's look at facts. Walk into any department store and look around. 80% of the merchandise is tailored towards women. In department stores with more than one floor, the first floor is almost entirely tailored toward women.
    I was in a Macy's in Chicago, where the first 7 floors were all woman's products. Man's and children department was on the last floor.
    I think it's obvious who spends more (or rather for whom is spent more).
    This may be more prevalent in America. When I look around I notice both men and women (of younger generations) who spend irresponsibly. Even if women overspend, it will be a backlash against themselves and their husbands.

40 years of feminist propaganda and everyone is convinced that men are vile and evil. Statistics don't indicate that men are any more likely to commit these acts than women.
    I neither adhere to the feminist ideology nor do I like them painting men in a negative light and constantly whining.
    But in the given case, it is not even needed to look at the statistics. Looking around, we know many many more male molesters than females.

We're not talking about switching roles here. Nor are we talking about a woman with children. Let's take children out of the equation for a second. Without children, why should a woman be considered biologically unfit for mining?
    Plus, are you implying that mothers are better parents than fathers?
    No, they complete each other. But women have shown/proved to be more patient, more attentive towards their kids and their caprices. Fathers do the parenting in their own unique/different way.

You do know that children from single mother households are much more likely to be delinquent than children from single father households.
    I don't say the opposite is true but by such baseless statements you look like those feminists you criticize. Where is the proof?

If you mean science and engineering, then men are much smarter. In the last 40 years when women had all sorts of freedoms to pursue whatever careers they wanted, most engineers, mathematicians, inventors, etc are all men.
    I can't wholly agree. In engineering, yea but I can name many fields where women have proved to be more competent.

Right, you are as good as your male colleagues, so you should get the same rewards. But, your are biologically different, so you should get some special treatment when you need it. Meaning, if you have children and cannot put 60 hours a week, and only put 30 hours, you should still get that promotion since you do as good a job as your male colleagues, even if you only work half as much.
    I was speaking about being/working under equal conditions. Maybe some would demand such a thing but I do not and I don't think it's fair.

As long as women say "we do the same if not better work, so we deserve the same rights",
    How is this statement unjust? Men and women working under equal conditions should earn the same.

but "we are biologically different so we need to be treated differently (better)" there can never be balance.
    Okay, what do you suggest? How should women be treated so the balance would be preserved?
    Last edited by Lucin; 04-08-2011, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
      This may be more prevalent in America. When I look around I notice both men and women (of younger generations) who spend irresponsibly. Even if women overspend, it will be a backlash against themselves and their husbands.
      It's more prevalent everywhere there are women with some spending power. Europe, America, Latin America, Asia, Armenia. And what kind of idiot overspends as a backlash?

I neither adhere to the feminist ideology nor do I like them painting men in a negative light and constantly whining.
      No, you want privilege when it's hard, and equality when it's not.

But in the given case, it is not even needed to look at the statistics. Looking around, we know many many more male molesters than females.
      Sorry, which world are you living in? Here is a google search for you

By the way, your hypocrisy is so apparent. First you claim that you don't aim to paint men in a negative light, then state that men are obviously much more likely to molest. Whatever the actual percentage, it's a very very small figure in the population. Certainly much much smaller than the number of husbands falsely accused of molesting their children during custody battles.

No, they complete each other. But women have shown/proved to be more patient, more attentive towards their kids and their caprices. Fathers do the parenting in their own unique/different way.
      Really? You mean women are patient? Like how when a woman is distress she lashes out then when reality hits, she cries and apologizes? If women are such good parents, why is it that single mother households constantly produce delinquent children.

Here are some statistics showing exactly how patient, and understanding parents women are.

40% of mothers reported that they had interfered with the fathers visitation to punish their ex-spouse.
      ["Frequency of Visitation" by Sanford Braver, American Journal of Orthopsychiatry]

50% of mothers see no value in the fathers continued contact with his children.
      ["Surviving the Breakup" by Joan Berlin Kelly]

63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes.
      [U. S. D.H.H.S. Bureau of the Census]

90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes.
      85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes.
      [Center for Disease Control]

80% of rapist motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes.
      [Criminal Justice and Behavior, Vol. 14 p. 403-26]

71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes.
      [National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools]

70% of juveniles in state operated institutions come from fatherless homes
      [U.S. Dept. of Justice, Special Report, Sept., 1988]

85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in a fatherless home.
      [Fulton County Georgia Jail Populations and Texas Dept. of Corrections, 1992]
      So what does this mean?

What does this mean? Children from fatherless homes are:

4.6 times more likely to commit suicide,

6.6 times to become teenaged mothers (if they are girls, of course),
      24.3 times more likely to run away,
      15.3 times more likely to have behavioral disorders,
      6.3 times more likely to be in a state-operated institutions,
      10.8 times more likely to commit rape,
      6.6 times more likely to drop out of school,
      15.3 times more likely to end up in prison while a teenager.
      (The calculation of the relative risks shown in the preceding list is based on 27% of children being in the care of single mothers.)

and ? compared to children who are in the care of two biological, married parents ? children who are in the care of single mothers are:

33 times more likely to be seriously abused (so that they will require medical attention), and
      73 times more likely to be killed.

["Marriage: The Safest Place for Women and Children", by Patrick F. xxxan and Kirk A. Johnson, Ph.D. Backgrounder #1535.]
      Wow, statistics don't lie. Woman are obviously the safest possible place for children. Those molesting fathers should never be allowed to be close to kids.

I can't wholly agree. In engineering, yea but I can name many fields where women have proved to be more competent.
      You mean very few fields where very few women have proven to be competent.
      Then there are very many fields where women have proven to be completely incompetent, such as Literature, Social Sciences, Art, Education.

I was speaking about being/working under equal conditions. Maybe some would demand such a thing but I do not and I don't think it's fair.
      Nobody lives in an ideal world. Conditions are never equal. Under equal conditions employers pay the exact same amount. The difference is, women often don't work extra hours, take more time off but still claim they do the same work if not better. That's not equal conditions.

Okay, what do you suggest? How should women be treated so the balance would be preserved?
      Again, remove the emphasis on women. Women should start considering themselves as people, not god's gift to man kind. When women lose their arrogance, things might work out much better.

Comment

It's more prevalent everywhere there are women with some spending power. Europe, America, Latin America, Asia, Armenia. And what kind of idiot overspends as a backlash?
        You misunderstood. I meant ‘overspending’ would harm themselves and their family in the first place.

Sorry, which world are you living in? Here is a google search for you

By the way, your hypocrisy is so apparent. First you claim that you don't aim to paint men in a negative light, then state that men are obviously much more likely to molest. Whatever the actual percentage, it's a very very small figure in the population. Certainly much much smaller than the number of husbands falsely accused of molesting their children during custody battles.
        Relax. I express my thoughts irrespective of the person's gender. When it comes to women I have and would continue to criticize them too (I just did in this thread) Any irresponsible, harmful act should be condemned. There certainly are men who have been falsely accused of it (I know one of them) and I didn't say there are no female molesters but chances of males engaging in such acts have proven to be higher. Try finding the statistics for men too.

Really? You mean women are patient? Like how when a woman is distress she lashes out then when reality hits, she cries and apologizes? If women are such good parents, why is it that single mother households constantly produce delinquent children.

Here are some statistics showing exactly how patient, and understanding parents women are.

So what does this mean?

Wow, statistics don't lie. Woman are obviously the safest possible place for children. Those molesting fathers should never be allowed to be close to kids.

You mean very few fields where very few women have proven to be competent.
        Then there are very many fields where women have proven to be completely incompetent, such as Literature, Social Sciences, Art, Education. Again, remove the emphasis on women. Women should start considering themselves as people, not god's gift to man kind. When women lose their arrogance, things might work out much better

I seriously wonder who you are interacting with? Whatever I say doesn't count for you, world is not the black and white you have painted for yourself: women being unstable, impatient, unintelligent (at least less than men), paralyzed, abusive, arrogant beings and men being the all-time victims. Typical feminist approach.

Comment

There certainly are men who have been falsely accused of it (I know one of them) and I didn't say there are no female molesters but chances of males engaging in such acts have proven to be higher. Try finding the statistics for men too.
          You misunderstand the reason I brought it up. Higher or not, it's negligent in general population, so no reason why a judge should believe it one way or another.

I seriously wonder who you are interacting with? Whatever I say doesn't count for you, world is not the black and white you have painted for yourself: women being unstable, impatient, unintelligent (at least less than men), paralyzed, abusive, arrogant beings and men being the all-time victims. Typical feminist approach.
          You claimed women make more attentive, more patient, i.e. better parents, and I showed statistics that prove otherwise. It's obvious that single mothers completely f#ck up their kids, meaning, without the father's influence, women make horrible parents. Let's not try to bury the statistics with obvious name-calling.

Comment

another "perspective" on gender inequality

Originally posted by Benjamin
            I resent the matrilineal definition of Judaism. Wherever I shoot my sperm, there a jew should be. jewish males circumcise our penises in the name of the faith - the least the faith can do is declare our penises arbiters of holiness. What do jewish women inflict on their vaginas to make them sacred?

Also, the matrilineal definition of Judaism interferes with the emergence of the Semitic-Mongoloid super-race...
            Read more: http://state-of-exile.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by gkv View Post
              another "perspective" on gender inequality

Read more: http://state-of-exile.blogspot.com
              The whole concept of circumcision is barbaric FOR parts of the world that have constant access to water and it's still being practiced in America!!! It's got to be the only country that can't think for itself and just let "those in the know" do whatever they want with their children. There are parts of Africa that practice female circumcision so perhaps their society is more fair . I'm assuming the high enrollment of Americans into the military is why the practice is regarded as necessary by the American elite.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by levon1 View Post
                You misunderstand the reason I brought it up. Higher or not, it's negligent in general population, so no reason why a judge should believe it one way or another.
                That's another issue. Naturally a judge makes the decision based on evidences and witness accounts not statistics.

You claimed women make more attentive, more patient, i.e. better parents,
                Each parent does his/her part. I said in general, women tend to be more patient with kids and spend much more time with them. Men do their part in their own unique way.

and I showed statistics that prove otherwise. It's obvious that single mothers completely f#ck up their kids, meaning, without the father's influence, women make horrible parents. Let's not try to bury the statistics with obvious name-calling.
                I buried the statistics, because it is quite subjective to one society with particular moral, social, behavioural codes. Who conducted it and where? It in no way can be applied to other parts of the world. With that said, both fatherless and motherless homes are dysfunctional. It is so obvious that I won't add anything more to it. And I did not do any name-calling, some of your statements are just breathtaking, the way you proceed your arguments in my view, looks like the feminists' approach to the matter.
                Last edited by Lucin; 04-09-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

motherless homes are dysfunctional
                  I wouldn't use that term.

Comment

Originally posted by gkv View Post
                    I wouldn't use that term.
                    I'm sorry, I should have expressed it with some 'nuance' there. It applies to the opposite (fatherless homes are dysfunctional) as well... each family has its own unique 'story', there are dysfunctional families with both parents present... I just had a problem with Levon talking always in the absolute...
                    Last edited by Lucin; 04-09-2011, 11:25 AM.

Comment

That's another issue. Naturally a judge makes the decision based on evidences and witness accounts not statistics.
                      In family law, there is usually a major lack of evidence on either side and it usually comes down to "he said, she said". Most likely, the lawyers will drain which ever side of the story has the most money. The old adage "peace leads to prosperity" is true in marriages as well.

Each parent does his/her part. I said in general, women tend to be more patient with kids and spend much more time with them. Men do their part in their own unique way.
                      When I take my nieces to the park, I usually see other men with their kids at the park and pushing strollers. What you're referring to was more often the case at times when women stayed home during their child rearing years but now that women attempt to work and have kids simultaneously (albeit later in life), they don't have the patience to spend time with the kids.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X