Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Russian Vassal of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Vassal of Armenia

I created this thread to discuss whether Armenia is Russia's vassal or not. As an Armenian this is the most difficult thing to say. But I believe our country and our independence was stolen from us right under our noise! Doesnt anyone think that Russia has to much control in Armenia? All the big companies even the national companies are property of Russia. This gives Moscow a dominant leverage over our domestic affairs. And what is this new agreement that extends the Russian army base till 2044. Isnt our army strong enough to defend Armenia on her own? If it is, then why do we need a foreign military base? Dont tell me its because of Turkey, because 5000 Russian troops cannot protect Armenia against the Turks. So what is the real deal here? Is our country under Russian occupation or something like that? Can we even say anything against Russia? What if we decided we dont want a Russian base, would they really just pick bags and leave? Look at the experience of Georgia, how hard it was to remove the Russian base. The Russians have a history of betrayal, why do we put our survival in their hands? I do not mean to offend our Russian friends, I have close Russian friends. So its not a question about the Russian people but the Russian government.

Its a lot of questions, I know, but this is a matter of national security.

Re: Russian Vassal of Armenia

Originally posted by Roman83 View Post
    I created this thread to discuss whether Armenia is Russia's vassal or not. As an Armenian this is the most difficult thing to say. But I believe our country and our independence was stolen from us right under our noise! Doesnt anyone think that Russia has to much control in Armenia? All the big companies even the national companies are property of Russia. This gives Moscow a dominant leverage over our domestic affairs. And what is this new agreement that extends the Russian army base till 2044. Isnt our army strong enough to defend Armenia on her own? If it is, then why do we need a foreign military base? Dont tell me its because of Turkey, because 5000 Russian troops cannot protect Armenia against the Turks. So what is the real deal here? Is our country under Russian occupation or something like that? Can we even say anything against Russia? What if we decided we dont want a Russian base, would they really just pick bags and leave? Look at the experience of Georgia, how hard it was to remove the Russian base. The Russians have a history of betrayal, why do we put our survival in their hands? I do not mean to offend our Russian friends, I have close Russian friends. So its not a question about the Russian people but the Russian government.

Yes, I agree, and it's something I've always been concerned about. The amount of control that Russia has over Armenian economy is scary. Meaning, if they wanted to, they could in an instance economically starve Armenia. For this reason, Armenia has to make sure that it's economy is diverse enough. The major obstacle in this however is the closed borders and limited means of trading because of this.

We also have to realise that a country like Azerbaijan or Turkey is much more valuable to Russia than Armenia. Hence, Russia has been becoming more and more friendly with Turkey, and recently Azeris doubled their gas exports to Russia. We also should diversify our military which is predominantly supplied and controled by Russia. We have made steps with cooperation with NATO and other Western structures and we should continue this.

In general, we should continue to deepen our political contacts with EU, and enact reforms meeting EU standards in order to progress into European integration. The government has been doing this and I hope they continue this process. We should still have good relations with Russia, but at this point our relations are to close for comfort; we're still like a semi-Soviet state when it comes to our relationship with Moscow.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I created ...
      The creature created!

You are not Roman, don't boast, you are a simple primitive turk.

Look at the threads it created:

OIC condemns Armenian aggression against Azerbaijan

Agdam Mosque desecration video, is this true??

What profit you expect?

Are Armenians white????

Population of Armenia; is there any hope?

Bryza may become US ambassador to az

Only the kinds of topics that may humiliate Armenians during the discussion.
      Last edited by gegev; 09-28-2010, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Where does Armenia get most of its fuel from? Its wheat? Where does Armenia get its weapons from to protect itself? Where do Armenians send most of their remittances from to keep the Armenian economy afloat? What country has helped discourage Turkish adventures into Armenia?

Those 5,000 Russian troops guarding the border are invaluable. If you can recall in 1993 Turkey threatened to invade Armenia and massed their troops on the border after the Armenians took Kelbajar. Russia called their bluff and said clearly that if Turkey attacked it could start WWIII. Is that good enough for you? Furthermore by having Russian troops secure the western border, should the war start with Azerbaijan, Turkey will be kept out of the conflict. It free's up Armenian forces to fight solely against the Azeris. Armenia's army is not strong enough to fight a multi-front war. Without Russia, let's face it, Armenia would be totally f*cked.

Russians are not are Armenia's best friend...they are one of Armenia's only friends. As Armenia gradually becomes more self-sustaining the control Russia has over Armenian will dissipate. It is going to take decades. Furthermore, Russia has shown that they are committed to controlling events in the region and they have more power, expertise and will to do so than the US, EU, etc combined. It is Russia on the rise and it is better to maintain good relations with them. Russia has not always been forthright and fair with Armenians but I trust them over Muslims everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. It is better to deal with the uncertainty/ambiguity of Russia than deal with the certainty put forth but the US State Department that will certainly force Armenians to relinquish Artsakh, drop genocide recognition and fall under the control of our mortal enemy/client state of the US which we know as Turkey. Ant tell me, do you trust Turkish intentions vis a vis Armenia?

While Armenia should continue to deepen relations with the west, EU, US, etc, we also need to maintain strong relations with Russia. The West offers more talk than action and they are not overly concerned about the region. Russia doe indeed want to consolidate power in the region and they are becoming successful whether we like it or not. Russia will also maintain the status quo which is a hell of a lot better than what the US will advocate.

I'm an American and I love my country. Members of my family have served in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. But under no circumstances should Armenia/Armenians ever and I mean EVER trust the US State Department.
        Last edited by Joseph; 09-28-2010, 10:51 AM.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

I guess I fed the troll, but I do have reservations about the fact that Russia has so much control over so many sectors of Armenian economy and government...
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
            The creature created!

What profit you expect?

Are Armenians white????

I agree. Another Turk pretending to be Armenian.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

The creature created!

What profit you expect?

Are Armenians white????

WTF liar I havent created those threads! I only created the one mosque video, the rest I commented. Why dont you post my messages from those threads you liar! Just because Im confronting the dangers to our independence Im immediately depicted as a Turk, this is such bullxxxx
              Last edited by Roman83; 09-28-2010, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                Where does Armenia get most of its fuel from? Its wheat? Where does Armenia get its weapons from to protect itself? Where do Armenians send most of their remittances from to keep the Armenian economy afloat? What country has helped discourage Turkish adventures into Armenia?

Those 5,000 Russian troops guarding the border are invaluable. If you can recall in 1993 Turkey threatened to invade Armenia and massed their troops on the border after the Armenians took Kelbajar. Russia called their bluff and said clearly that if Turkey attacked it could start WWIII. Is that good enough for you? Furthermore by having Russian troops secure the western border, should the war start with Azerbaijan, Turkey will be kept out of the conflict. It free's up Armenian forces to fight solely against the Azeris. Armenia's army is not strong enough to fight a multi-front war. Without Russia, let's face it, Armenia would be totally f*cked.

Russians are not are Armenia's best friend...they are one of Armenia's only friends. As Armenia gradually becomes more self-sustaining the control Russia has over Armenian will dissipate. It is going to take decades. Furthermore, Russia has shown that they are committed to controlling events in the region and they have more power, expertise and will to do so than the US, EU, etc combined. It is Russia on the rise and it is better to maintain good relations with them. Russia has not always been forthright and fair with Armenians but I trust them over Muslims everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. It is better to deal with the uncertainty/ambiguity of Russia than deal with the certainty put forth but the US State Department that will certainly force Armenians to relinquish Artsakh, drop genocide recognition and fall under the control of our mortal enemy/client state of the US which we know as Turkey. Ant tell me, do you trust Turkish intentions vis a vis Armenia?

While Armenia should continue to deepen relations with the west, EU, US, etc, we also need to maintain strong relations with Russia. The West offers more talk than action and they are not overly concerned about the region. Russia doe indeed want to consolidate power in the region and they are becoming successful whether we like it or not. Russia will also maintain the status quo which is a hell of a lot better than what the US will advocate.

I'm an American and I love my country. Members of my family have served in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. But under no circumstances should Armenia/Armenians ever and I mean EVER trust the US State Department.
                Bravo! I am sick and tired of those stupid people who can only criticize Russia, if we make a list of the bad things Americans, British or French did against us, or the times they did not help us and Russia did, the list would be endless.

Long live Russia. Our saviour and our only friend.
                Last edited by Tigranakert; 09-28-2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

WTF liar I havent created those threads! I only created the one mosque video, the rest I commented. Why dont you post my messages from those threads you liar! Just because Im confronting the dangers to our independence Im immediately depicted as a Turk, this is such bullxxxx
                  Right you created two most dirty ones:

And you are insidious “contributor” of the rest; to make them alive.

Just go to your profile:
                  Roman83
                  View public profile
                  Find all posts by Roman83

But I'll be glad if I’m mistaken.
                  Last edited by gegev; 09-28-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Right you created two most dirty ones:

And you are insidious “contributor” of the rest; to make them alive.

Just go to your profile:
                    Roman83
                    View public profile
                    Find all posts by Roman83

But I'll be glad if I’m mistaken.

Well done fellow forum_ers.

I am glad members are becoming more savvy and detecting a s.hit bag
                    from its smell rather than playing around with it for months and not realizing what they are debating like the other in nature anti-Armenian threads .

Last edited by londontsi; 09-28-2010, 12:42 PM.
                    Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Working...
                    X