Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Biasedness of the European Union - USA - Western countries towards Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biasedness of the European Union - USA - Western countries towards Armenia

This topic is made to share articles about the anti-Armenian (biased) policies of the European Union and the United States.

Re: Biasedness of the European Union - USA - Western countries towards Armenia

Let us begin with something recent;

Western countries try to teach us to be ''tolerant'' by financing certain projects (using probably people like Mos), at the same time they ignore the racism in Azerbaijan. What is their agenda?

Ara Papian against showing of Azerbaijani films in Armenia
    November 14, 2010 - 16:12 AMT 12:12 GMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Ara Papian, Head of Modus Vivendi Center, is among those who stand against the showing of Azerbaijani films in Armenia.

“Am I really that narrow-minded of a patriot that I would go against cultural interactions? Not at all. A few years ago when – as always, with foreign financing – a survey was being undertaken among Armenian social and political circles on the future of Armenia-Turkey and Armenia-Azerbaijan relations, I myself proposed establishing and developing mutual cultural ties,” Papyan said.

“What has changed now, for me to be against such a thing? A very important factor. Justice has been violated, that is, the principle of reciprocity has been broken. If there is an intention of showcasing Azerbaijani films in Yerevan, apparently with American money, then a similar event must be organized in Baku as well, that is, a screening of Armenian films. If that is not taking place, then an incorrect message is being broadcast to the entire world; people would think that there is a need of encouraging tolerance only among Armenians,” he said.

“I cannot claim that we are a tolerant society in the Western sense. Without a doubt, we ourselves have a lack of tolerance with regards to certain minorities even in our own society. We have yet a long way to go. However, the level of tolerance in Armenian society is quite a few rungs higher than the tolerance of Azerbaijani society. And this refers not only to interactions between our peoples. The principle of reciprocity is a most important principle in inter-state relations. Its preservation is imperative. When it comes to international relations, any unjust compromise in our region is perceived as a sign of weakness and could lead to very dangerous consequences indeed.”

“One must not forget that the latest Azerbaijani film viewed by our society starred a citizen of the Republic of Armenia, Manvel Saribekyan,” the historian concluded.
    Last edited by Tigranakert; 11-14-2010, 02:48 PM.

Comment

How about you look at how much aid US has given to Armenia? US supported by the Armenian diaspora has done a lot of good for Armenia. And of course the many projects that US conducts in Armenia like rebuilding schools, roads, water systems, etc. Right now, Azeri-US relations have taken a turn for the worse, evident by how long they haven't been able to get an appointment for ambassador and also how US exposed the expensive house Aliyev had bought his son in Dubai (which really angered Aliyev). And during these last elections US was very quick to reprimand Azerbaijan on the undemocratic nature of the elections.

The most countries to have recognized Armenian Genocide come from Europe, and countries like Switzerland and France have laws against denial of Genocide, and Turks have been prosecuted under that law. Saying that EU is anti-Armenian, and pro-Turkish is baseless. Don't forget despite all the good that Russia has done for us, they also sell weapons to Azeris and gave weapons and mercenaries to both Azeris and Armenians. They don't care about us or Azeris, they care about maintaining control in that area by keeping the status quo. You portray Russia as our saviours but they are just like any other country, they have helped us in the past but they have also sold us in the past. Putin really cares about Armenia? No he cares about Russia, and whatever benefits Russia he will do.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
        How about you look at how much aid US has given to Armenia? US supported by the Armenian diaspora has done a lot of good for Armenia. And of course the many projects that US conducts in Armenia like rebuilding schools, roads, water systems, etc. Right now, Azeri-US relations have taken a turn for the worse, evident by how long they haven't been able to get an appointment for ambassador and also how US exposed the expensive house Aliyev had bought his son in Dubai (which really angered Aliyev). And during these last elections US was very quick to reprimand Azerbaijan on the undemocratic nature of the elections.

The most countries to have recognized Armenian Genocide come from Europe, and countries like Switzerland and France have laws against denial of Genocide, and Turks have been prosecuted under that law. Saying that EU is anti-Armenian, and pro-Turkish is baseless. Don't forget despite all the good that Russia has done for us, they also sell weapons to Azeris and gave weapons and mercenaries to both Azeris and Armenians. They don't care about us or Azeris, they care about maintaining control in that area by keeping the status quo. You portray Russia as our saviours but they are just like any other country, they have helped us in the past but they have also sold us in the past. Putin really cares about Armenia? No he cares about Russia, and whatever benefits Russia he will do.
        Tell me now, how many billions and billions did the US donate to Armenia? We can thank Armenians for most of those projects and not the United States government per se. You think they really feel sorry for us? It's just politics.

My god, did they publish an article about Aliyev's house. That is so great, what a disaster, Azerbaijan almost collapsed! It's not because of Armenia, but personal interests they published it. If they were so ''good'' and ''democratic'', they should have condemned Azerbaijan for the destruction of the Julfa Cemetery, not with words but with actions (I am talking about the West). The fact is, they are not.

We should pure have economic relations with the West, culturally I hope we never become like them. We are not a nation of imperialists. We are different. We are Armenians.

It's mere words. Recognizing the genocide does not mean a thing, they know it just pleases some pity Armenians who think it's a great achievment. I think you are blind, how can you not see they are pro-Turkish? Have you not seen how they let Turkey invade Cyprus? How they let Turkey kill millions of Christians? How they let Turkey surpress Kurds? How they support Turkey militarly? That's called pro-Turkish.

We are Armenians. We are not Europeans, we should not strive to become like ''them''. We are different than any other country in the world. The only relations we should have with them, should be economical and not cultural.
        Last edited by Tigranakert; 11-14-2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Tigranakert here is a bit like our "friend" Hellektor. In Hellektor-speak it goes like "You disgusting, degenerate, xxxx-sucking, xxx-loving, European/US xxxxxxs, why don't you like us and do whatever we want you to do?" (Except that Hellektor is experienced enough with the "colourful" language to avoid getting the xxxs.)
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
            Tell me now, how many billions and billions did the US donate to Armenia? We can thank Armenians for most of those projects and not the United States government per se. You think they really feel sorry for us? It's just politics.
            But in the end it was the US government's decision to send that money (which also goes to Karabakh and this really makes Azeris angry). And they have consistently done so. Of course everything is politics, you think Russia does what it does because it feels bad for us? No. It's just politics.

My god, did they publish an article about Aliyev's house. That is so great, what a disaster, Azerbaijan almost collapsed! It's not because of Armenia, but personal interests they published it. If they were so ''good'' and ''democratic'', they should have condemned Azerbaijan for the destruction of the Julfa Cemetery, not with words but with actions (I am talking about the West). The fact is, they are not.
            Actions? You think they should have invaded Azerbaijan for that? Of course US will do whatever is in its interests, but so will any other country. Why the hell should Armenia be anti-US. that's the worst decision Armenia could make, thankfully you're not conducting Armenian foreign policy.

We should pure have economic relations with the West, culturally I hope we never become like them. We are not a nation of imperialists. We are different. We are Armenians.
            So all of the West are imperialists now? Let me remind you that during Soviet Union how many Armenians were killed by the psychopathic leaders. During the world war, Armenians troops were always put in the front line, and after the war thousands and thousands of Armenians were persecuted and sent to Siberia. I know the stories, my relatives lived through that period. Turks along with the Soviets have been the biggest killers of Armenians in our history.

It's mere words. Recognizing the genocide does not mean a thing, they know it just pleases some pity Armenians who think it's a great achievment. I think you are blind, how can you not see they are pro-Turkish? Have you not seen how they let Turkey invade Cyprus? How they let Turkey kill millions of Christians? How they let Turkey surpress Kurds? How they support Turkey militarly? That's called pro-Turkish.
            Recognizing Genocide means a lot, if it didn't Armenians wouldn't care about it. Stop saying nonsense things. Recognizing Armenian Genocide gives a big blow to Turkey and its reputation as it has tried to build an identity based on lies and genocide denial. Any recognition of their horrific acts only exposes more their false identity. European nations have had the balls to take that stance against Turkey.

How can you call Europe pro-Turkish? You know how Turkish immigrants are treated in Europe? Like xxxx. They spit on Turks for crying out loud, especially in places like Germany with many Turks. Your historical examples make it seem like they supported Turkey in doing those things, no they didn't. Intervening was just not in their interests. You only intervene militarily if the country is your ally.

We are Armenians. We are not Europeans, we should not strive to become like ''them''. We are different than any other country in the world. The only relations we should have with them, should be economical and not cultural.
            We are considered Europe and Armenia is moving forward towards EU like it or not. Cultural exchange is very important and we should only increase cultural relations between EU and Armenia. Look at Norway, with just a population around 4 million, they hold one of the most developed countries in the world, with world class education, healthcare, economy. Who should we strive towards then? We are to small to make us an isolated enclave that talks with no one.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I have been following this forum for a while, and I am happy that there aren't alot of Armenians thinking like mos. The way mos thinks is the way to the end of Armenia. and then your signature which is 100% anti-dashnak? That's more like a turkish comment. I am not a dashnak or anything... I am guessing you like levonik also. And then your avatar which is showing Armenia into the EU.wtf??? You should stay out of politics as much as possible. I am sure you will get a good career as an israeli agent in Armenia...
              Anyways, I can prove that everything you have said is anti-Armenian but as I can see you are not gonna change(karmir kov@ ira kashin chi poxum) so there is no point in arguing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by haysip View Post
                I have been following this forum for a while, and I am happy that there aren't alot of Armenians thinking like mos. The way mos thinks is the way to the end of Armenia. and then your signature which is 100% anti-dashnak? That's more like a turkish comment. I am not a dashnak or anything... I am guessing you like levonik also. And then your avatar which is showing Armenia into the EU.wtf??? You should stay out of politics as much as possible. I am sure you will get a good career as an israeli agent in Armenia...
                Anyways, I can prove that everything you have said is anti-Armenian but as I can see you are not gonna change(karmir kov@ ira kashin chi poxum) so there is no point in arguing with you.
                -anti-Dashnak is a Turkish comment? You've got to be kidding me. So in order to be Armenian you have to be pro-Dashnak? That's pretty ridiculous what you are saying and I know many Armenians who are against Dashnak politics. You are just clueless.

-No I'm not levonaqan so move on.

-Yeah Armenia with the EU, get used to it and get informed about Armenian politics because apparently you are clueless on Armenia's current foreign policy. Armenia's foreign policy priority right now is with the EU and reforming governmental structures and laws to be with EU standards, and also heavily participating in EU programs. It's Armenians like you that are scary to be honest, as you rather cut all relations with the West and turn it into a hell hole. I'm glad people like you are not in government, and we have some sane people making the right decisions for Armenia.

-Ok than prove that everything I said is anti-Armenian. Go ahead, and I will rip you apart your each and every word.

- oh ok than you say there's no point in arguing with me, which just shows your true nature Fine you'll save yourself from humiliation because you apparently know nothing about Armenian foreign policy...

-and let me guess your one of those people that supported ASALA and its actions?
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

-anti-Dashnak is a Turkish comment? You've got to be kidding me. So in order to be Armenian you have to be pro-Dashnak? That's pretty ridiculous what you are saying and I know many Armenians who are against Dashnak politics. You are just clueless.
                  And in another thread Tigranakert was claiming that in order to be Armenian you have to be a member of the Armenian Church. and anything else should be "eliminated" (presumably an elimination a-la-Turca).
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by haysip View Post
                    Wow, so you can, after a mere five posts, prove that everything you don't like is anti-Armenian! You will, I'm sure, be a credit to the forum.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                    X