Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bashar al-Assad, Syria and the Armenian people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vahram
    replied
    Re: Bashar al-Assad, Syria and the Armenian people

No chicken for you!

I said no chicken for you absolutely no! Besides even if I were to say yes and you know I'm not! The question still remains open, you want chicken and I said no right?

Well even if I say "yes go ahead have chicken" how could you? The only KFC has been burned to the ground...LOL

And if the Je w thought that they are the ones with a sense of humor they were sadly mistaken! The Je w thought all this time that they were the funny ones. I have an open challenge for the Je w, after I get to tell everyone my jokes who do you think will laugh at your jokes?
    Last edited by Vahram; 09-15-2012, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vahram
    replied

KFC anyone?

Leave a comment:

• retro
    replied

Syria is a big problem for the region now and Syria’s Christians have got big problems.

...Shortly after the Pope arrived in Beirut, Lebanese protesters were setting fire to an American fast food outlet just 40 miles away in the northern city of Tripoli.

The region-wide protests will have particular resonance for Syria’s 2m Christians, who are increasingly fearful of some of the more radical forces emerging from the chaos of their country’s civil war.

“We are afraid of what can happen,” said one Christian man in the northern city of Aleppo, the focus of intense fighting between the predominantly Sunni Muslim rebels and the regime, which is made up of adherents to the minority Alawite sect. “We are afraid of what happened in Iraq.”

The spectre of Iraq, where Christians were persecuted by extremists during the civil war that erupted after the fall of Saddam Hussein, hangs over Syrian Christians. The secular rule of Bashar al-Assad’s Ba’athist state has given them stability, whether or not they actively support the regime’s policies. But since it began 18 months ago, the uprising has left the mixture of Greek and Syriac Orthodox, Maronite and Melkite Greek Catholic denominations, in a difficult position.

Some have thrown in their lot with the Assad regime, a few have joined the uprising and many have simply sought to keep their heads down.

“We are in between, we don’t know what to do really,” said one Syrian Christian woman in Beirut who had fled the violence in her native city of Homs.

Reports of extremist elements emerging among the rebel forces and sightings of the al-Qaeda flag flying in parts of northern Syria have fuelled Christian fears that the dynamics of Iraq could be repeated in Syria.

According to Emile Hokayem, an analyst with the International Institute for Strategic Studies, the recent rebel surge in Aleppo was particularly troubling to the city’s substantial Christian minority because of the Islamist character of some of the groups fighting there. A small number of Aleppo’s Christians are now armed, Mr Hokayem said, and defending their neighbourhoods against rebel fighters in co-ordination with the regime.

There is no clear evidence yet to suggest that Christians are being targeted simply because of their faith, but those inside fear it may come.

“We prefer not to think Christians are being targeted, but we are afraid of that,” said the man in Aleppo.

Church leaders in both Syria and neighbouring Lebanon have been criticised for not throwing their weight in behind the revolution. While trying to be diplomatic, the Christian religious establishment is clearly apprehensive about the Syrian uprising.

“Our attitude to the Arab spring is conditional,” said Paul Matar, the Maronite Archbishop of Beirut. “I am ready to go for the Arab spring if I have a role inside. A spring is a spring for everyone.”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/da6cab60-f...#axzz26ZodmrHp

Leave a comment:

• Vahram
    replied

Armenian victims had refugee camps in Aleppo. At one point this was a part of Aleppo but that changed in time. Armenians were good at fixing things, making things and they are a vital part of Aleppo. After some time even the people who once questioned Armenians in Syria questioned no more for the Armenian refugee contributed to Syria. We did not steel from Sooria, we did not cheat Soorians, We did not print anti this or that in our newspapers. You will forever have friends in Sooria Armo’s it’s just that some have forgotten, and the others are stooges.

Leave a comment:

• Federate
    replied

Also to note that when you hear Armenians refer to a "Nor Gyugh/Nor Kyugh" (Նոր Գյուղ/Նոր Գիւղ), it is what Armenians call the district of Midan.

Leave a comment:

• Vahram
    replied

No wonder I’m not feeling well, our people are in the middle of the mix again. This is like mini Leepanon all over again. Well 5000 Sooria hay’s have gone to Armenia already. We have enough Armo’s in LA.

Now the weapon has to be held, otherwise you will see the monkey in action again! For a long time people in Leepanon laughed at Armenians becuase they did not hold a gun. But once they did, well

If Sooria Hay's want to stay then they have left themselves no choice but to show that they want to stay. Otherwise the monkey might think otherwise.

BTW family in Beirut has informed us that it is no longer safe to be in Lebanon, it is dangerous! What is left of the Armo’s in Beirut told us that it is not safe any more they are feeling it too!

KFC anyone?
    Last edited by Vahram; 09-15-2012, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Federate
    replied

For your information, the primary Armenian-inhabited districts are called Midan, Suleymaniyeh & Aziziyeh. Right now, there is fighting at the border of Midan (90% Armenian district). The FSA have been trying to enter Midan for a week and now control a few streets of it. They ransacked a police station in the district a couple of days ago. It is a strategic district because once you capture Midan, you open up the road straight to central square of Aleppo. Rebels are found in the district of Bustan al-Basha to the north of Midan.

As of today, Midan is back to majority government control and the army has sent in tanks and reinforcements to the neighbourhood and set up checkpoints there for the first time. Some parts of Midan are now virtually empty as residents have left for safer districts such as Suleymaniyeh. It was reported today that some are now returning to their homes. Surb Krikor Lusavorich church located in the district was slightly damaged in the fighting.

Midan on Google Maps https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=midan,...%8C+Syria&z=15

Midan on Wikimapia (better highlited) http://wikimapia.org/#lat=36.2181848...an%2C%20aleppo

Following videos are of the rebels in some streets of Midan:

Leave a comment:

• Vahram
    replied

"At best they can move to a basket of currencies at some point in the future. However the USD will remain the world reserve currency and it would take decades just to create a rival parallel bond market. China is becoming domineering and is certainly throwing it's weight around in SE Asia. However it will never be like America. "

I have different economic views then you do. But that is ok I would rather discuss econemy then this current drama before our eyes.

Greece has 200 billion in debpt?

America has 16,000,000,000,000 dollars in debet that does not even include things like social security.

One other thing I would like to point out to you is BRISC, you see who needs a bond marekt when you have BRISC? Who cares about a bond market you have to be kidding, at 2% for a 30 year bond on the dollar is not only laughable it is just stupid to think that the dollar will have value for 30 years let alone 3!

So while people are hiding their dept in bonds, the world is moving ahead with a lot of choices. Mankind was not born in America, mankind is not going to die in America as well. The world will move on, and it is only a shame that she can't even see the facts before her eyes. For if for nothing else I'm going to miss her when she is gone.
    Last edited by Vahram; 09-15-2012, 01:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• retro
    replied

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
    Retro,

Ok no problem, let's just sit back and watch the show.

One thing, I disagree with you on the dollar, we are going to go into competitive devaluations soon. This will only last so long, and in the end I hope the dollar finds it’s floor. It will be a currency but not the one you know today.
    At best they can move to a basket of currencies at some point in the future. However the USD will remain the world reserve currency and it would take decades just to create a rival parallel bond market. China is becoming domineering and is certainly throwing it's weight around in SE Asia. However it will never be like America.

Leave a comment:

• Vahram
    replied

Retro,

Ok no problem, let's just sit back and watch the show.

One thing, I disagree with you on the dollar, we are going to go into competitive devaluations soon. This will only last so long, and in the end I hope the dollar finds it’s floor. It will be a currency but not the one you know today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X