Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What should be done to revive Armenia economically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should be done to revive Armenia economically

I think it is time to start a thread on what we should do to revive Armenia economically. We should all post idea on how to improve our economic prospects, we all have been arguing with one another about what should not be done so lets start talking about what should.

Re: What should be done to revive Armenia economically

I guess since I started this thread it should only be fair to at least come up with the first idea. We have been doing well with fisheries both from an economic front and as a food security point of view. Armenia has many fast flowing rivers that empty into toorkia, we are sending nice fresh mountain water too the toorks free of charge. They are building dams and deriving profit from our water. The solution to having fisheries in Armenia and not waste water from Saven is a vexing problem. So I have this concept to build basins that catch some of this water and then pump it to a local fishery!

It is possible to go into the valley where we have deep gorges with fast flowing rivers and dig into the river bed a big basin. This will serve to collect water in a mini dam if you will but without any cost in maintaining the structure as it is in the bed of the waterfall. In this bed we can put positive displacement pumps, and pump the water to a local fishery near by. When water is needed for the fishery we can simply turn on the pump and pump as much as we need into the fishery. The off water full of fish waste can then travel down to toorkey where they can choke on fish sh!t

This serves us well in my view, the cost of making this basin is minimal, electrical lines down to pump houses that remain off till they are needed. Fresh water from basin into the fishery nearby, waste water for toorks, cheap source of available water going to waste that is a great benefit to the enemy! All problems of draining Sevan for fisheries is solved. In addition the price of the fishery remains the same minus the initial cost of digging the basin, and the upkeep of the pumps! However no water charges or environmental issues to deal with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	concept.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	538944

Click image for larger version

Name:	concept2.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	538945
    Last edited by Vahram; 04-05-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Interesting idea Vahram but i would expect some retaliation from the turks for this. They may kill a few more old, helpless armenian ladies in polis. I have been suggesting for a long time to form mechanisms in the diaspora for bringing our young people closer togather by funding trips for the young armenian diasporans to visit Armenia. A few such programs finely were realized and have had good results but we need many more such initiatives to bring our people closer togather and establish bonds between diasporans - hayastantsis and Hayastan. Armenia is a wonderful tourist attraction which more and more Europeans and asians are starting to realize and this is a industry with great potential economically, socially and strategicaly. Go to Armenia, send your kids to Armenia, spend money there-dont cheap out. People develope personal relationships and emotional bonds with each other and their nation by doing this- i have seen this happen many times and this is what needs to be encouraged so that diasporans dont say o look at those hayastantsis ruining our image or the hayastantsis saying those otars don't have a clue about what we have to go through. We are the same people - we need to be one nation. There is no hope in a diaspora without a homeland thus we need to develope and grow the only land that we have. You cannot care for something if you have no attachment to it-you need to make that connection and we need our childeren to sustain it.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Interesting idea Vahram but i would expect some retaliation from the turks for this.
        OK what are they going to do put us in a blockade? Refuse to eat fish sh!t till we clean the water? We can simply come back and say when you say the G word, and give back Ararat, and Kars and all the lands you took! Till that day you can keep eating fish Sh!t! They are choking us we will choke them! Time to stand up and fight, just like NKR, they want to cancel flights, we refuse to clean fish sh!t lets see how long this game lasts!

But I want to go over your idea of tourism, I think in a strategic sense for now we should concentrate on odar tourism! Because when they go back to China and show pictures of Armenia they will come running! We need to be more visible, and tourism is one such way. Look what happened during the Russian-Georgian war. Everyone ran to Armenia. They did not go to toorgay, they did not go the baboonistan they all ran to Armenia. As every odar in Georgia knew what the Armenians are about, even though the Joo press skimmed over this one, even though the Joo's in Georgia ran to Armenia too...LOL

I think this new cable car thing is a good thing, we should show our old churches, and as sad as it may be let the ones in toorgay fall to ruin! This way they will all come to Armenia to see a church! What good are these churches when all the people are gone? Let us make Hayastan the place where you can find an Armenian church. When the rest of the churches on occupied lands falls to ruin what can these savages say? We destroyed even the stones they left behind? Welcome to Armenia, Noah's route, your route! Welcome to Hayastan!

We are all the same people bro, but I have reservations for the ones from L.A. as they have done more to ruin our image, to the glee of the Joo who is doing the maximum to exploit and ruin us some more. I think it's all because of sniffing glue!
        Last edited by Vahram; 04-05-2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Really like both ideas put forward so far . Am surprised at Vahram's idea as I have been developing the identicle concept .
          Not so much with the fish farm but utilizing our water resources in a friendly non traditional way to our best advantage while iliminating the oligarch abuse .
          Haykakan's thoughts on bringing diaspora youth ( and older ) to our homeland and all the benefits thereof is also exceptional . Would like to know path to contributing to ligitimate funds for this purpose .
          I do not want to speak with empty hands as a meer daydreamer , so need to show some restraint here . Hopefully not much longer .
          I have shut down my small transportation business and am in the process of making a transition . If things go well I'll be catching a helicopter to a very remote site . 16 - 17 hours per day , 7 days a week @ $18/hr + ot for as long as I can stand it . Will know more soon . I have an " in card " to play so am hopeful .
          Of the many ideas I have , here is one very simple one .
          I buy some nice telescopes ( I'm hooked up ) , both day and night scopes as well as several varieties and send them to various village schools for the children . I need to establish a legitimate contact as well as identify the dynamics this will generate so as to see this to fruition .
          Have many more ideas but need to transition first .
          Artashes

Comment

I have contacts with schools in Hayastan if you are serious about the telescopes Artashes. Vahram you need to remember that the turckish leverage is limited due to closed borders but the air routes i do believe go through "their" space. There are also Armenian communities in Turky to think about to. We can really do a lot even if each of us does a little to help our nation rise and grow.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Bro I'm all for helping kids, and I don't want to be an arse. But how is this making money? When we make money aside from you, Artashes and I can afford 4 telescopes. If we figure out how to make money we can buy 4,000 telescopes! So I had a stupid idea, and you want to hand out telescopes to our future! But we still are not making money!

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
                Bro I'm all for helping kids, and I don't want to be an arse. But how is this making money? When we make money aside from you, Artashes and I can afford 4 telescopes. If we figure out how to make money we can buy 4,000 telescopes! So I had a stupid idea, and you want to hand out telescopes to our future! But we still are not making money!
                Money actually is a lubricant , when utilized appropriately . Accomplishment is the actual goal , money is utilized to accomplish .
                Your zeroing in on the money plays into the hand of this economic house of cards .
                Instead of making large sums of money --- many ordinary people like myself making relatively small but solid accomplishments can accomplish all that the promise of the pursuit of money .
                Furthermore my idea can be pursued by individuals without the need of large money handlers .
                There are plenty of ways to make accomplishments without pursuing voo doo economic jive .
                If a mere 1000 diaspora pursued individual avenues within their ability , think of the accomplishments to be gained . All without fundraising by the give me money people .
                Don't shut the door to the modest individual pursuit in favor of the corporate model of biz .
                Do you see ?
                Artashes
                Last edited by Artashes; 04-05-2013, 09:51 PM. Reason: Forgot one point

Comment

Pursue the goal , not the money

Comment

Good ideas here....I like the fish crap running down the river alot.

Guys make a good point about Diaspora connection to motherland, even thugh that may not bring an immidiete or a vast economic change but the the change would be positive and cummulitive in time like Artashes mentioned. Tomservo's IT idea is good too.

I think Armenia's government needs to have a conscript program for diaspora which that again, indirectly will help Armenia's economy by building a a very strong bond to Armenia for future..
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                    X