Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Azerbaijani threats against Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is it possible? How can someone just take a country? Isn't there some law that says "Well, see Mr. Azeri.. this is the independant republic of Armenia, it's a country.. and, sorry to tell you this, but you can't just take a country and call it your own, there's such a thing as international law and all that..."
    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
      That's just silly. America will always side with Turkey, unless some major conflict arises between them in the future. Weather Bush signed that bill or not, Turkey is a greatley needed Muslim alliance in the Middle East. Therefore, the US will never ruffle their feathers, or cause a riff in their partnership by siding with Armenia, no matter WHO the president is.

That is thanks to a Republican Congress which blocks efforts by those who support legislation such as Sect 907 which was taken out of the for. app. bill for the first time by the Republican leadership under pressure of the Turkish lobby.

You're right no matter who the President is the US will side with Turkish lobby because it is the republican congress and leadership that produces the legislation that hurts Armenian and blocks the amendments made by the congressmen and women and senators to help Armenia......

doesn't this belong in the Armenian Politics thread

Comment

Of course it does, but no one goes there and I want to have a discussion about this with as many Armenians as possible, including those who don't usually travel into the "politics" section.

What allies does Armenia have, if any?

Comment

Please post threads in the appropriate forum. If the people interested in politics don't post here, who will?

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
            Of course it does, but no one goes there and I want to have a discussion about this with as many Armenians as possible, including those who don't usually travel into the "politics" section.

What allies does Armenia have, if any?
            allies: Russia
            Good relations with: India, Iran (though the Muslim connection with Azerbaidjan will always be an issue), France, Greece, Belgium, Italy, Lebanon, Syria. That's all that comes to mind right now.

Bad relations with: Azerbaidjan and Turkey (obviously), USA (despite all the smiley faces), UK (ugh), Israel (for obvious reasons, despite being one of our main export partners), Pakistan....

Georgia can become a friend, and potential ally, if things go right with the new government (so far, so good, I'd say).

Comment

Among the allies, you might want to add the 4-5 ex-Soviet republics that have signed the military cooperation agreement with Russia, although only Kazakhstan and Belarus might be reliable, as the others are overwhelmingly Turkic or Muslim. I would also count China as an ally, since they have their own problem with a Turkic minority, the Uighur, and since they resent American domination.
              For Georgia I am not sure, as they aim to weaken Russia's influence in the region. The new president is pro-America and will probably seek to enter his country in a Turkey-Georgia-Azerbaijan alliance supported by the US.
              Finally, you mention that Israel is one our main export partners. I did not know that. Do you know what commodities we are talking about? I assume diamonds.

Comment

Someone on this board once said we could take the Azeris ass in a minute if push comes to shove... well, if this guy can make speeches about whiping Armenia off the map, why don't we kick their ass? Unless we really CAN'T take Azerbaijan.

Comment

Someone on this board once said we could take the Azeris ass in a minute if push comes to shove... well, if this guy can make speeches about whiping Armenia off the map, why don't we kick their ass? Unless we really CAN'T take Azerbaijan.
                  We have no reason to go to war. Artsakh is in our hands, and developing, and we have other priorities. Also, "starting" the war would get us kicked out of the Council of Europe and many other such organizations. But as I said, we don't need to start a war. We just have to make sure that if they come, they'll regret it.

jgm, I agree about the countries that signed the collective defense agreement. Also, I don't know what commodities we export to Israel, but diamonds is a good guess. I think around 10% of our exports go to Israel.

Comment

I wish Armenia would make some kind of response to this, I want to see what we have planned if the Azeris actually try anything. I've noticed ANCA tends to post things that others say about Armenia, but I have yet to see a document with words FROM Armenia directed to others (like this Azeri XXXX).

Comment

I wish Armenia would make some kind of response to this, I want to see what we have planned if the Azeris actually try anything. I've noticed ANCA tends to post things that others say about Armenia, but I have yet to see a document with words FROM Armenia directed to others (like this Azeri XXXX).
                      Both president Kocharian and Foreign Affairs Minister Vartan Osganian gave very strong speeches lately, at two seperate events. It was pretty much everywhere around the Armenian news sources.

Kocharian, talking about Artsakh, at a Council of Europe meeting in Strasbourg said that Artsakh has never been part of Azerbaidjan, not even in the Azerbaidjan SSR, and therefore voided the azeri argument of territorial integrity. When an Azeri journalist (or diplomat, I don't know) asked whether he had fought for Artsakh against Azerbaidjan, he said that of course he did, and he had no other choice as, because of azeri aggression, his children were unable to live a normal childhood, due to constant bombings from Azerbaidjan, yevayln. He also turned to the Turkish delegation and said something to the extent of "you have tried to get rid of us, and still hamper us with your illegal blockade. Yet, that blockade has just encouraged us to become more creative, and we have, despite your efforts, become an even stronger nation". Even Armenia's opposition, who hates anything Kocharian, were impressed by this speech.

As for Oskanian, he was speaking at a NATO/PfP meeting in Istambul (almost all other countries were represented by their presidents..but Kocharian refused, citing Turkey's unconstructive approach) when he said that Armenia would veto Turkey's candidacy as president of the OSCE for the year 2007 (Turkey was the only candidate so far), as it does not feel safe with Turkey, who has constantly been biased and unfair towards the Artsakh issue, leading the main organization that is supposed to find a solution. As a result of this "threat" by the tiny nation of Armenia, Turkey withdrew its candidacy. In my opinion, it was a big diplomatic victory. Oskanian (as well as Defence Chief Sargsian) have also taken a much bolder approach towards Azerbaidjan lately. While they usually condemned Azerbaidjan's constant calls to war (this is nothing new....and I was surprised that you were so surprised about it), they just told Azerbaidjan that if they continue these senseless actions, Azerbaidjan will regret it, and will pay a heavy price.

There are countless other speeches and replies that Armenian authorities have made. You can find them very easily if you just look around a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X