Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

End of the U.S.-Turkey alliance: Ties 'more allergic than strategic'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Siamanto
    Perhaps most important to note is that a full 25.98% of respondents
    said that outside of Turkey, they didn't feel close to any country
    at all.
    News that might be new news to Turks - a full 99% of the world does not feel and does not want to feel close to Turkey. This should please that 25.98% anyway!

25.98% ???? !!!! When have you ever seen a percentage given to such detail? It means that at least 10000 Turks responded to their questions. So where did the figure of 1,305 respondants come from? Or are Turkish newspapers as bad at maths as they are at history?
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 06-17-2005, 07:38 AM.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
      People should be silen if they are minority and useless
      But what if these Kurds are the overwhelmong majority in 25% of the country? And what if they hold the inexplicable belief that they are not useless at all, and are in fact near perfect beings; God's gift to the world.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by karakitap
        Otto, are you really Turkish?
        I had thought "Otto" doesn't sound like a Turkish name, but it
        just occured to me, Otto = Ottoman? Yes??
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Otto you see what you did? You boosted karoaper's stereotypes. Anyway, if you write good things about Turkey for sure karoaper would not be satisfied since people like karoaper have the sickness of permanent Turkish hatred and obsession, but this forum is open for normal people,too. So it may be enjoyable for you to boost these stupids sterotype but you are labelling Turkey unconstiounusly.
          So ridiculing these guys by boosting their stereotypes is not a responsible attitude for my opinion. What do you think?
          Yes, I'm going to open up a new club called THA (Turkey Haters Anonymous). Today is the first sessions of this charter. As the president of the club, I'll start:
          Hello my name is Karen Hovsepian (*hears Hello Karen*) and I hate Turkey. Next.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
            Yes, I'm going to open up a new club called THA (Turkey Haters Anonymous). Today is the first sessions of this charter. As the president of the club, I'll start:
            Hello my name is Karen Hovsepian (*hears Hello Karen*) and I hate Turkey. Next.
            karoaper, why do you insist on your Turkey hatred hobby? Don't you see that this stupid obsession about Turkish hatred makes you seem more miserable from outside? Why don't you try to receive your self-confidence as a nation again? A nation can not be based upon a haterd against other, be a real nation. This is childish.

Comment

karoaper, why do you insist on your Turkey hatred hobby? Don't you see that this stupid obsession about Turkish hatred makes you seem more miserable from outside? Why don't you try to receive your self-confidence as a nation again? A nation can not be based upon a haterd against other, be a real nation. This is childish.
              Should Palestinians stop hating Israel. Should Chechens stop hating Russia. Should Vietnamese stop hating US. Should ...
              Our hatred of your country is fully justified by the pain and suffering we bore at your nation's hands. Today your country is doing NOTHING to attone for that suffering. As I've mentioned before I don't hate individual Turks, except the ones who are making excuses for their cold-blooded murderous ancestors. I do however consider the rest as sheep who happily accept the bullxxxx they are fed and say "Yumm, what delicious stew". I pity them really. And on top of that choose to argue that all the facts about their country's monstrous past and pathetic present are lies and propaganda (I'm sorry but you fall in this category). Your country is like a picture of a face you just want to smash with a brick. That picture however is made of tiny little pixels that don't know xxxx from kabab, yet in this ignorance they help in making up the final image. Was this a clear enough description?

Comment

Guys lets just ignore this karakitap and stick to the subject. She or he obviously seems to have some sort of mental disorder. She tells us to "go after our own lives" but she herself can't stop hanging off our Armenian balls.

Anyways, back to the subject. Turkey's signficiance has long diminished. I think the final blow to US-Turkey relations will come after the US is done with whatever its doing in Iraq. The resolution on recongition of the Armenian Genocide by the US government is finally back on the table after 5 years.
                Անտարբեր Մի Եղիր Հայ Ազգի Համար, Վերկաց Գերեզմանից ԱՆԴՐԱՆԻԿ ՓԱ ՇԱ

Comment

Originally posted by Andranik
                  Guys lets just ignore this karakitap and stick to the subject. She or he obviously seems to have some sort of mental disorder. She tells us to "go after our own lives" but she herself can't stop hanging off our Armenian balls.

Anyways, back to the subject. Turkey's signficiance has long diminished. I think the final blow to US-Turkey relations will come after the US is done with whatever its doing in Iraq. The resolution on recongition of the Armenian Genocide by the US government is finally back on the table after 5 years.
                  You relax with this way?

Comment

Otto you see what you did? You boosted karoaper's stereotypes. Anyway, if you write good things about Turkey for sure karoaper would not be satisfied since people like karoaper have the sickness of permanent Turkish hatred and obsession, but this forum is open for normal people,too. So it may be enjoyable for you to boost these stupids sterotype but you are labelling Turkey unconstiounusly.
                    So ridiculing these guys by boosting their stereotypes is not a responsible attitude for my opinion. What do you think?

i think Turkey is already labeled in a baaaaad way.... as a chief mate i have been to 42 countires and believe me i do know how labeled we are..so i dont have any worries about what people think of me or my country because they all think what they wanna think... and i dont see any harm in scaring a few... we dont belong here i think you will agree... so we will always be the boogy guys for this people... but ok i admit i just joked about military operation.. ( will it make any difference because they will all say " maybe this time you joked but it happened in the past and you killed 1 million sweet cute kurds")

we always tried to look good to every body and i think we should try the opposite this time... lets try to make those people hate us more (if they can).. just an idea...what do you say Karakitap or are you looking for friends here ? dont you have some in Ankara... i can give you a couple of phone numbers if you feel alone in this world?

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                      But what if these Kurds are the overwhelmong majority in 25% of the country? And what if they hold the inexplicable belief that they are not useless at all, and are in fact near perfect beings; God's gift to the world.

you should notice that Turks can be majority even if they are in fact the minority... it depends on the capability of being majority not the numbers...so if Turks believe they are useless then it wont make any difference what they think... will it?

we are God's gift to the world along with earthquakes, volcanoes, thunders and many more.... we are helping people to suffer so they can go to heaven when they die....

and Otto is Ottoman... because i like Ottoman era( i dont have any dreams like we should take back the lands we lost)..old times were better when people hated and feared us but now they just hate and try to kick..like saying " aging wolf becomes the toy of young dog"...

when it comes to the US-Turkey relations....
                      we may be loosing our importance (which i dont care) but thats not making you any important to anybody... you are being happy by our failings not by your own succeses
                      Last edited by Otto; 06-18-2005, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X