Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Originally posted by Angessa View Post
    My father left last night with others to fight. I know of many more people coming from all over. I already know there was 11 thousand of Kuban cossacks there from already fighting. This may even blow out in a entire conflict in the greater Caucasus.
    Our prayers are with your father and his comrades.

Comment

yes, I think we all wish them success and a safe return home.

Comment

My father left last night with others to fight. I know of many more people coming from all over. I already know there was 11 thousand of Kuban cossacks there from already fighting. This may even blow out in a entire conflict in the greater Caucasus.
        God bless your selfless father.

Comment

May God protect him and bless those who volunteered or are fighting the evil forces. Our prayers should be for their safe return to their families. Please thank him on my behalf when you have a chance to talk to him.

Comment

God Bless him.

Comment

May God bless and protect him.

I hope there will be many others like him.

So now the Abkhazians are giving it to the Georgians, what is holding back Javakhk Armenians NOW carpe diem!!!!!!!! The time will never be better to kick some Georgian azz.

Armenian???? Can you comment from what you have heard and know?
              Last edited by Illuminator; 08-09-2008, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminator View Post
                So now the Abkhazians are giving it to the Georgians, what is holding back Javakhk Armenians NOW carpe diem!!!!!!!! The time will never be better to kick some Georgian azz.
                That's right, I'm hearing nothing about Javakh Armenians, what are they doing? I guess they have no militia organizations and perhaps the Georgian army is making sure that no other parts of Georgia can have an uprising, i.e. the "state of emergency" thing, and the forced drafting of reserves also weakens the strength of what any other dissenting non-Georgian minority can do at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                  That's right, I'm hearing nothing about Javakh Armenians, what are they doing? I guess they have no militia organizations and perhaps the Georgian army is making sure that no other parts of Georgia can have an uprising, i.e. the "state of emergency" thing, and the forced drafting of reserves also weakens the strength of what any other dissenting non-Georgian minority can do at this point.
                  They have a militia but they are waiting this one out and I expect they will make a move soon. The Armenians in Javakh are not part of the Georgian reserves as they neither speak Georgian and have never reported for duty. Their men served in the Russian forces and were equipped by Russia prior to the base being closed. Though relatively organized, they infrastructure in the region is almost non-existent and they would not be able to really go on an offensive due to the fact that there are hardly any paved roads leading to Tiflis though they would certainly be able to defend against a Georgian assault.

Comment

I see, well I had no idea (especially about the fact that not everyone in Georgia speaks Georgian, I assumed that Georgian was successfully imposed on all the inhabitants in Georgia). And do you think the Georgians have stationed a part of their soldiers there to make sure they can repel the Armenians in Javakh in case they do make a move? Also, does the Javakh militia have any significant ties with the Cossack militias?
                    Last edited by jgk3; 08-10-2008, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                      I see, well I had no idea (especially about the fact that not everyone in Georgia speaks Georgian, I assumed that Georgian was successfully imposed on all the inhabitants in Georgia). And do you think the Georgians have stationed a part of their soldiers there to make sure they can repel the Armenians in Javakh in case they do make a move? Also, does the Javakh militia have any significant ties with the Cossack militias?
                      The Armenians of Javakh have never integrated into Georgia and speak only Armenian and Russian. They have several thousand trained and armed young men organized into a formidable militia formation but the fact that Georgian is/was a conduit for Armenian connections to the outside world, the Armenian government has been forced time and time again to dissuade the Javakhtis to remain calm. As far as I know they have no direct ties to the Cossacks. THey did have relations with the Adjarians fr a time but now Georgia is in control of Adjaria.

The Armenians are constantly harassed and abused by the Georgian authorities, are denied basic amenities and under-represented politically. The region is perhaps the poorest in Georgia. The Georgians do not have military there but do have brutal and corrupt Georgian police. The Georgians also control the the roads/checkpoints into Armenia. The BTC passes through the region and my hope is the Armenians destroy this sector. They absolutely should do this now.

Comment

Working...
                      X