Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Russia to Set Up Missile Defense Sites in Caucasus, Middle Asia

It is necessary to create in the near term united regional systems of missile defense in the Caucasus and Middle Asia, Russia’s Air Force Commander-in-Chief General-Colonel Alexander Zelin announced August 5. “The practice of military cooperation in missile defense systems illustrated expediency to further develop the United Missile Defense System of CIS members on regional basis,” Zelin specified. “Active work is underway to create the United Regional Missile Defense System of Belarus and the RF in the East European Region of Collective Security, and it appears expedient to proceed in future to establishing the respective systems in Caucasus and Middle Asia.” The United Missile Defense System, Zelin reminded, currently consists of the Missile Defense Force of Armenia, Air Force and Missile Defense Force of Belarus, Air Defense Force of Kazakhstan, Air Defense Force of Kyrgyzstan, Air Force of the Russian Federation, Air Force and Missile Defense Force of Tadjikistan, Missile Defense Force and Air Force of Uzbekistan and Air Force of Ukraine. “In general, the established system of control ensures coordination of forces and means that are parts of the United Missile Defense System as well as the interchange of data on air situation, combat alertness and results of combat actions of missile defense forces of member states,” Zelin concluded.

Source: http://www.kommersant.com/p-12986/Mi...ense_Caucasus/

Russia to conduct military exercises in Indian Ocean this fall

Russian Tu-160 Blackjack and Tu-95 Bear strategic bombers will join the Russian navy in a series of exercises in the Indian Ocean, the Air Force commander said on Tuesday. "We are preparing the flights of our strategic aircraft to the Indian ocean to practice interoperability with the Russian navy task force in the region," Col. Gen. Alexander Zelin said. A Defense Ministry source later confirmed that a joint exercise involving Russian strategic bombers and combat ships had been scheduled for the fall 2008. The AF commander said that the Air Force had received orders to increase joint training with the Navy and the number of patrol flights across the world's oceans to ensure the security of Russian shipping in strategically and economically important zones. Russia resumed strategic bomber patrol flights over the Pacific, Atlantic, and Arctic oceans last August, following an order signed by former president Vladimir Putin. "Since August 2007, Russian strategic bombers have carried out about 150 patrol flights with tactical interference of foreign aircraft, which accompanied our planes on their missions and in some instances jeopardized the success of these missions," Zelin said. The patrols allowed the crews of Russian strategic bombers and aerial tankers to gain experience in mid-air refueling, flights in northern latitudes and the use of forward landing airfields, the general said.

Source: http://en.rian.ru/russia/20080805/115766637.html

Russian Air Force to receive over 100 new helicopters by 2015

The Russian Air Force will commission over 100 upgraded combat helicopters over a period of five years, from 2011 until 2015, the AF commander said on Tuesday. "In 2011-2015, we are planning to put into service over 100 new Mi-28N Night Hunter and Ka-52 Alligator attack helicopters and Mi-8MTB5 Hip multi-purpose helicopters," Col. Gen. Alexander Zelin said. He said the addition of the new aircraft to the existing fleet would allow Russia to create helicopter task groups in strategically important areas that could act independently or support special operations. "Helicopter regiments equipped with new aircraft must become the backbone of air mobile special purpose reserves and mountain brigades," the general said. He also said Russia would fully upgrade its fleet of Mi-24PN Hind gunships and Mi-26 Halo heavy transport helicopters. The Mi-26 helicopter is the heaviest and most powerful helicopter in the world. It was designed for carrying large-size cargo weighing up to 20 tons and is widely used for search and rescue operations, heavy-lift transportation and fire fighting.

Source: http://en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/20080805/115760404.html
    Last edited by Armenian; 08-20-2008, 05:29 AM.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ARAKH View Post
      WARNING FROM ARMENIA

My name is Ara Khachatryan. I am The president of ABC (ARMENIAN BUSINESS CENTER www.abc.am ) which provides information (both business and private)
      It has been 1 year that we are the regular customer of TRUST Company (www.japanesevehicles.com ) Sakae V.T Building 3-f,3-10-32 Nishiki, Naka-ku,Nagoya JAPAN 460-0003 , Tel: +81-52-219-9024
      Fax +81-52-219-9025
      And we bought 7 cars for our employees. We dealt with Dmitry Ivon, who was the representative of TRUST Company (www.japanesevehicles.com)and who dealt with Caucasian customers.We truly trusted Mr. Dmitry Ivon and he mentioned. We ordered a Mercedes-Benz C240 car on 25 March 2008.As usual we got an invoice for this payment. After some time we realized that Mr.Dmitry Ivon gave us the wrong account. After clarifying this situation we got in touch with administration of TRUST Company (www.japanesevehicles.com) and personally Mr.Dario Zannoni.We sent all the documentation to Mr.Dario, proving that we paid the sum of money and didn’t receive the car. After checking all this documents the administration of TRUST Company fired Mr.Dmitry Ivon without paying his salary and bonus.
      We asked TRUST Company either to give our money back,or to send the car, but they refused to do that.
      This Letter is a WARNING to all people who want or is going to deal with TRUST Company (www.japanesevehicles.com).We can give all the proves and give all the further information to anyone who is interest. My phone number is +37477 404 604 ,my mail is [email protected].
      Sincerely Yours
      Ara Khachatryan
      Don'tlisten to dis man he is actually the international joo that henry ford talk about! don't listen! he tell lies and controls banks!

Մարդուն չէք լսեր որովհետեւ հրեա մըն է...

Comment

Fresh fighting reported in South Ossetia

'Georgian snipers are attacking us' - Ossetian official: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjy7Pz6oEDI

Authorities in the Georgian separatist region of South Ossetia said Wednesday night that the outskirts of the region's capital were coming under heavy fire from Georgian-controlled territory, Russian news agencies reported. Tensions in the region have soared recently, leading to fears of full-scale war. Georgian and South Ossetian officials were scheduled to meet Thursday to try to find resolution, but South Ossetia's president was quoted by the Interfax and ITAR-Tass agencies as saying the meeting was off. The reports on the shooting cited the defense ministry of the republic's unrecognized government, but gave no further details. Telephone calls to officials in the city, Tskhinvali, did not go through. Interfax also cited officials as saying large-caliber fire was opened in the evening on the village of Avnevi.

Georgia's Minister for Reintegration Temur Yakobashvili, the Georgian government's main envoy on separatist matters, denied that Tskhinvali had come under fire. Earlier Wednesday, Georgian and South Ossetian forces fired on each other in the region of the village of Nuli, and each blamed the other for starting the shooting. South Ossetian forces claimed to have taken control of strategic heights near Nuli that had been under Georgian control. Yakobashvili was to have traveled to Tskhinvali on Thursday for a conflict-resolution meeting. But South Ossetian leader Eduard Kokoity was quoted by ITAR-Tass as saying late Wednesday that "the proposal for a bilateral meeting is unacceptable since Georgia went into open military aggression against the people of South Ossetia on August 1st." A night of heavy shooting round Tskhinvali on August 1 killed at least six people. Most of South Ossetia, which is roughly 1.5 times the size of Luxembourg, has been under the control of an internationally unrecognized separatist government since the end of a war in the 1990s; Georgian forces hold large swaths of it.

Russia has close ties with the separatist government and with a similar separatist regime in Abkhazia. Russia has granted passports to most of these regions' residents and Tbilisi accuses Russian peacekeeping forces in both regions of supporting the separatists. An outbreak of open war in either region could prompt Russia to send in more forces under the claim of protecting its citizens. Russia sent warplanes to circle over South Ossetia last month while U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was visiting the nearby Georgian capital; Russian officials said the planes were sent up to try to deter alleged Georgian plans to mount on offensive on South Ossetia. Georgian officials have claimed Russia is the instigator of the recent fighting. Relations between Tbilisi and Moscow have long been uneasy, but worsened notably this year amid Georgia's push to join NATO and Russia's dispatch of additional peacekeeper forces to Abkhazia

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/eu...ia.ossetia.ap/

S.Ossetia says Georgia covering up military losses

Georgian authorities are concealing the deaths of 29 servicemen during recent clashes, a source in the South Ossetian defense ministry said on Monday. The conflict between Georgia and its breakaway republic of South Ossetia intensified on August 1-2 as South Ossetian authorities accused Georgian forces of shelling its capital, Tskhinvali, while Georgia blamed the separatists for provoking armed clashes along the de facto border. "The Georgian side is concealing its casualties," the source said. "According to data provided by Georgian residents... a total of 29 people from the Georgian side were killed [in clashes on August 1-2]. There were no civilians among them - they were all servicemen." Tbilisi has said that at least nine Georgian citizens and one policeman were wounded in a series of border gunfights. South Ossetia says six people were killed and 15 injured in mortar and sniper attacks by Georgian forces on Tskhinvali. Georgia has denied using snipers, and says it only retaliated against South Ossetian rocket propelled grenade attacks. South Ossetia declared its independence from Georgia following the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. Hundreds died in the bloody conflict that followed. Russia has stepped up its support for South Ossetia and Abkhazia, another breakaway Georgian republic, in recent months, angering Georgia's pro-Western leadership, which has pledged to bring the regions back under central control.

Source: http://en.rian.ru/world/20080804/115688127.html
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
          You'll be surprised turcoglu, once tensions between Georgia and Russia heat up more Armenia will be a valuable ally for Russia.
          Who cares

Comment

Originally posted by Kanki View Post
            Who cares
            Are all Turkish girls like you? xxxx, I'm glad I'm not a Turkish boy. If you wouldn't say stupid s'hit then I wouldn't respond to you. I can't wait for the day when Armenian tanks roll into Van, Trabzon, Moush. Maybe we'll reach Harput (Elazig), turcoglu.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanki View Post
              Who cares
              Actually, this is how Americans always answer/comment on the post of the other party when they disagree with you and know that you are correct but don't want to admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by jack sparrow
                Kanki is decent person who speaks about ideas that could be right for her,so dont try to abuse her with your low class expression format , if you cant defent yourself in polite manners you are usless ,what the hell you are wasting our time ,abusers are mantally ill, incapacitated,weak persons who need their mother close to them to feed them by "hot-dogs" in times of sever confusion or delirium state .Are you close frend of Hell
                How am I an "abuser"? She is the one who responded to my post in a bratty manner that, as North Pole so aptly pointed out, is usually found among Americans. I was just informing her that Armenian tanks might be storming into her country to reclaim stolen lands.

P.S. I would recommend that you check your English grammar before insulting a native speaker. "Are you close frend of Hell". Is that supposed to be a question or a statement?
                Last edited by yerazhishda; 08-07-2008, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by meline
                  Indeed Yeraz. And yet don't waste your time with people who argue for arguing's sake. I bet you know the old biblical saying "don't throw your pearls before the swine" (OK, I'm not a native speaker myself neither, so I stand corrected).
                  Meline, you are right, I should not engage people who enjoy arguing for arguing's sake. I do know that saying and it is very applicable! I do not usually criticize others on their proficiency in English because I know it's a hard language. However, when people like this "jack sparrow" character start insulting me, I will point out their errors.

Comment

Originally posted by jack sparrow
                    Kanki is decent person who speaks about ideas that could be right for her,so dont try to abuse her with your low class expression format , if you cant defent yourself in polite manners you are usless ,what the hell you are wasting our time ,abusers are mantally ill, incapacitated,weak persons who need their mother close to them to feed them by "hot-dogs" in times of sever confusion or delirium state .Are you close frend of Hell
                    Okay now i'm convinced your a turk

Comment

Originally posted by North Pole View Post
                      Actually, this is how Americans always answer/comment on the post of the other party when they disagree with you and know that you are correct but don't want to admit it.

American-Russian political struggle doesn't relate me

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
                      Are all Turkish girls like you? xxxx, I'm glad I'm not a Turkish boy. If you wouldn't say stupid s'hit then I wouldn't respond to you. I can't wait for the day when Armenian tanks roll into Van, Trabzon, Moush. Maybe we'll reach Harput (Elazig), turcoglu.
                      I am girls' leader and I twist boys( from every race not only Turkish) round my little finger.(Including you ) and a boy have to think 2 times before speaking to me

Hmm... when Armenia tanks roll into Van, Trabzon,Muş ?
                      Lets suppose, You have to fight with Lazs in Trabzon and Kurds in Harput, Muş, and Van not with Turks. Especially Kurds lay claim your Ancient Armenia as so-called Kurdistan State. Don't you know that?
                      Last edited by Kanki; 08-07-2008, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X