Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

I did not think you wish to hear from one on an Armenian forum. Many Russians do know the threat united states has to us and to the stability of the world. The U.S bash and criticizes us becuase we are stopping NGO into Russia. But there usually very corrupted and supported by U.S government by staging mock protest. Like Garry Kasparov who even protests in english and not Russian.

I find it the most amusing when they criticizes are President Putin and not even one single thing about there President. While recently like you reported he spoke to thousands of reporters from around the world. Answering questions for very long four hour time. Even ones of corruption and data from the election in Chechnya. Yet President bush cant even speak for more than half to hour and all his questions are scripted and knows the questions before hand. Also not one about his corruptions and his shady dealing/lies. Which one seem more of a dictator and corrupt? Which leads me to marvel and how well the american propaganda is there. They seem to purposely not teach geography or critical thinking and history. So there blind and led by smoke and mirrors to fight in wars agianst people whom they know nothing about or actually why there even fighting them. Which is why seem have so little understanding or know anything about Russia other than where commies and we live in snowy hole. When blink of an eye in are nations history.

Yes they wish to divide us which why there pressing Kosovo.( Which I honestly believe will lead the world to a chain reaction and eventually start world war three.) They don't care about the blind Albanians and in future those people will learn the lesson of there mistake. I honesty believe there scared now of Russia, Becuase they could not divide us before and there many failed attempts like in Chechnya. We are discovering are nationalism and orthodox faith traditions. For Kuban cossacks like me. We never forgotten, we been devoted to the tzar and orthodox church for generations. We devoted are lives to serving Russia to death. We even have are own militery units in the arm forces. I attend church ever day and fast for weeks till January seventh at christmas time. I actually am politically a a Monarchist. I believe the best thing for Russia and our future is a constitutional monarch. It would give us strength and national indenity to stand behind and united us with each other and are allies. Strengthen us agianst corruptions and outside influences and attacks.

But together with the Armenians and others allies we stand strong and proud. There propganda, smoke and mirrors cant stand agianst are honor, love for are family and courage to fight to the death for are land. Also remember Money, health and power can all be taken from you. But pride, honor self respect and love and are soul. Can never taken unless you allow it. They are young nation and filled with much arrogance ,ignorance and not true patriotism. Which seem to be there greatest weakness and reason they seem to lose wars. Also there allies and ones they place there support for aways turn on them and end up fighting them.

Thank you for your kinds honoring words to my Kuban people. Kazan is very pretty city is it was once capital of the golden horde. I live in sight of the white walls of the Kremlin with its towers, church's and mosques. Also it very good place where Moscow, black sea, Caspian sea and many areas are short train trips away. Yes that is my fiance Mescovic site he actually converted many Americans into understanding things about Russia and taking are side. He in the border guard service but due to resent events he was transfer back to the 108th Kuban Cossack Guards Airborne Regiment and now in service in Syria at Tartus. He actually last week was injured by Israel morter fire. Which Israel blamed on an malfunction and not purposely. But they been launching many aggression agianst Syria and spy's attacks trying to provoke an response. An sweet american women actually sent him a get well card and a quilt she made for him. (I hope she would not get in trouble from her government for sending a Russian solider that in Syria.)

God bless you Armenian friends and my humble prayers.

My loving regards Angessa.
    Last edited by Angessa; 02-21-2008, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Welcome Angessa.

You're from Kazan? Do you know if the majority of Tatars are supporting Serbia, like the Russians?

Comment

I would just like to voice my disagreement with this torching of the US embassy in Belgrade. Not only is it wrong in principle, it also paints an ugly picture of their cause, and it could have hurt (more) people. The most ridiculous part of the torching is that these are fine Belgrade buildings not built by the Americans, so ultimately the Serbian government made the original building and will most likely have to rebuild it.

The appropriate approach would have been to expel the diplomats of the countries in question, not to torch property.

That said, I think American "outrage" over this and saying "the embassy is sovereign US territory" is a bit rich, given how we've seen what they think of the sovereignty of states this past Sunday.

Of course, the Western media jumped on it as representative of "the Serbs" in general, rather than pointing out that this was done by 300 people out of a group of 150,000-200,000 (!) protesters who had convened in front of the parliament and peacefully went to the St. Sava cathedral afterwards.

I'd be interested in seeing how this will end. Given Rice's attempted bribes with "aid," it seems that their goals have already been accomplished and that they're not particularly interested in a fight with Serbia/Russia. However, if they continue with their "outrage," I wonder if this whole thing will have turned out to be a provocation towards dragging Serbia (and Russia indirectly) into a renewed conflict.

Comment

Lights, camera and a different ending

Feb 14th 2008
          From The Economist print edition

Bad times, but not always all they seem

IT COULD all be a cold-war rerun. Japan complains of Russian military jets intruding on its airspace. Russian pilots reportedly buzz an American naval ship. Against this backdrop, and recently resumed Russian air and naval exercises in the Atlantic and Pacific, Vladimir Putin volunteered Russia proudly this week for a new arms race with America. He also threatened to point his nuclear missiles at Ukraine, should it join Poland and the Czech Republic (already on his hit list) in helping America deploy missile-defences in Europe. At home, meanwhile, goons from what was the KGB have been texting barely-veiled threats to Russian employees of a British cultural outfit caught up in a bust-up over the murder in London of a former Russian agent with radioactive poison, presumably from Russia.

Western governments worry about this pugnacious, prickly Russia. Sergei Ivanov, an influential deputy prime minister, spoke more softly at a security conference in Munich, proposing that America and Russia lead a new drive for global arms control. But gloomy Westerners with long memories note that the habit of arms-control bargaining was born in the cold war. And Mr Ivanov's promise that Russia was not trying to buy up Europe with its petro-dollars, only extracting maximum economic advantage from its (worryingly tightening) grip on oil and gas supplies, left Javier Solana, the European Union's foreign-policy point man, fretting that Russia seemed to be investing only in “future leverages”, not in boosting energy output.

But what Mr Putin seems to be aiming at is not so much to replay the cold war, as to rewrite its ending. That means using energy policy and any other tool to hand to restore the influence Russia lost after the Soviet Union collapsed. Expect him and his hand-picked successor, Dmitry Medvedev, who takes over in May, to keep leaning on Ukraine and Georgia, both former Soviet republics, over their ambition to join NATO and the EU—an issue Mr Putin is unlikely to drop as NATO holds its summit in Bucharest in April. Nor is Russia likely to go along quietly with the about-to-be-declared independence of Kosovo.

However, behind the bluster and the anger at slights both real and imagined, it is worth remembering that Russia's western border—with NATO—has never been more peaceful: NATO's front line these days is in Afghanistan (where America is actually financing the purchase of Russian helicopters and transport planes by the nascent Afghan air force). And while Russia may indeed be building new missiles, there will be a lot fewer of them; it spends on defence only a fraction of the Soviet total.

Not only that, but Russia's relations with the West, however difficult, have never been more intimate. What passes for the rule of law in Russia makes Westerners blench, yet business thrives. Russia is close to joining the World Trade Organisation, even though that means putting out feelers both to Poland's new government and to Georgia's recently re-elected one (both of whom could block Russia's membership), whatever the differences over NATO and missile defences.

Intriguingly Mr Putin's recent war of words (anyway one-sided, since Western leaders have studiedly refused to respond in kind) has also left undamaged extensive areas of co-operation: curbing the nuclear ambitions of Iran and North Korea; counter-terrorism and the fight against drug smuggling, in Afghanistan and beyond. Work in other quite surprising areas is often overlooked, argues Rose Gottemoeller, who heads the Moscow office of the Carnegie Endowment, a Washington-based think-tank, simply because by now it has become routine.

This week Russia tabled a draft treaty on the military use of space; the Bush administration will reject it. Yet the two countries' civilian space programmes are so closely intertwined, argues Ms Gottemoeller, that if an American space shuttle were to be in serious difficulty in space, it would likely be a Russian-built rescue craft that brought the crew back to earth. Western publics tuning in only to Mr Putin's hyperbole might also be surprised to learn how much America and Russia get up to together trying to get difficult jobs done on planet earth too.

For all Mr Putin's arms-racing talk, America and Russia are quietly getting on with a years-long joint effort, to be completed by the end of 2008, to upgrade security at some of Russia's most sensitive nuclear sites, including those where its nuclear warheads are stored. To stop nuclear materials falling into terrorist hands, the two have also been co-operating both in returning fresh and spent Russian-origin nuclear fuel from reactors overseas, and in getting governments around the world to tighten up their own nuclear rules and export controls. Once an American-Russian nuclear co-operation agreement is ratified (trouble looms in Congress over the involvement of Russian companies in Iran's nuclear and missile work), Russia could eventually make a packet taking in American-origin spent fuel from countries such as South Korea and Taiwan.

Yet there are still dangers. Arms control is one area where Russian and American paths could again diverge. Russia has half pulled out of a treaty governing the movement of troops and tanks in Europe, and is threatening to abandon one that prevents America and Russia building intermediate-range missiles (those that can fly from 500-5,500km) unless others accept similar curbs. It also wants more binding rules on strategic nuclear forces than the Bush administration is ready to tolerate. Yet in this area, some of Russia's concerns (if not its ways of expressing them) are shared by Mr Bush's critics at home and by allies in Europe. In an effort to ensure that the next American administration is well versed in the whole range of arms-control issues, over the coming months the Carnegie Moscow centre will host a series of detailed technical discussions between American and Russian experts. In these areas and others, the West and Russia still have plenty to talk about, and still do.

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
            I would just like to voice my disagreement with this torching of the US embassy in Belgrade. Not only is it wrong in principle, it also paints an ugly picture of their cause, and it could have hurt (more) people. The most ridiculous part of the torching is that these are fine Belgrade buildings not built by the Americans, so ultimately the Serbian government made the original building and will most likely have to rebuild it.

The appropriate approach would have been to expel the diplomats of the countries in question, not to torch property.

That said, I think American "outrage" over this and saying "the embassy is sovereign US territory" is a bit rich, given how we've seen what they think of the sovereignty of states this past Sunday.

Of course, the Western media jumped on it as representative of "the Serbs" in general, rather than pointing out that this was done by 300 people out of a group of 150,000-200,000 (!) protesters who had convened in front of the parliament and peacefully went to the St. Sava cathedral afterwards.

I'd be interested in seeing how this will end. Given Rice's attempted bribes with "aid," it seems that their goals have already been accomplished and that they're not particularly interested in a fight with Serbia/Russia. However, if they continue with their "outrage," I wonder if this whole thing will have turned out to be a provocation towards dragging Serbia (and Russia indirectly) into a renewed conflict.
            My take is that Orthodox peoples, many Slavs, Armenians, Greeks, etc are getting frustrated with Westerners. The US has essentially made Turkey into their proxy force and use them and other Muslims- Albanians, Bosnians to do their bidding. Western Europeans still hate the Eastern Churches and our peoples. They lose sight that if it wasn't for our ancestors, they would be facing Mecca in prayer five times a day.

I would not be surprised if the Serbians make a move in Kosovo. In fact, I expect it. And what will the US do? Nothing. Why? All our best troops are tied down in Iraq and Afghanistan, our forces are stressed and at the breaking point. The EU states will do nothing because they are chicken.

The Serbs are tough, if they want to , they can win.

Russia, Serbia, Greece, Armenia, Belarus, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Cyprus need to drop their petty squabbles and come together.

It is a dream, but one we should be working for.

Comment

No sane person wishes for war. However, there are many immensely powerful demons in western governments today that are surly and steadily steering the world towards a major global confrontation. Needless to say, they are more-or-less doing this because of their dwindling natural resources, their stressed economies and their primal fear of the Eastern nations, specifically Russians. As a result, certain nations will have to fight and spill blood to survive this inevitability. I personally believe that the Russian Federation is the only power on earth today that can stop these demons from realizing their agenda of enslavement, exploitation and globaliszation. I don't wish war upon Russia, it has seen too much war in its history. However, the sad reality is Russians will sooner-or-later face another war in defense of their nation. Looking at Russian history, it seems that periodic chaos in defense of their Motherland is their national curse. Thus, it's just a matter of time. Nevertheless, I hope they, as a people, realize this hard reality. I hope they are not again found unprepared when the time comes. I look forward to the full awakening of the Russian bear.

Armenian

Russia's Serbia Strategy

YESTERDAY EVENING, Serbian Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica boasted to a crowd opposed to Kosovar independence that, "We're not alone in our fight. President Putin is with us." Briefly euphoric after breaking free, Kosovars now face a grim challenge: they must build a prosperous nation in the face of strident opposition from Moscow. Meanwhile, Serbian protestors broke into the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade yesterday; much of the American complex now lies charred. Russia's Security Council veto, which ensures Kosovo will not join the UN, hinders the international response to such incidents and impedes foreign assistance that might stabilize the fledgling democracy. Indeed, upon Kosovo's independence, Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov said the event "threatens the destruction of the world order that has developed over centuries."

Why should Russia go to the trouble of standing up for Serbia? Much has been made of the long historical affinity between the two. Serbia once stood as the bulwark of Eastern Orthodoxy, which had its greatest champion in the 'Third Rome' of Russia after the fall of Constantinople. The Catholic Hapsburg Empire lay just to the west, often as close as Croatia, and the Muslim Ottoman Empire occupied Serbia for centuries. Patriarch Alexiy II, head of the Russian Orthodox Church, demonstrated the strong religious ties between the two countries when he inserted himself into the debate by saying Kosovo's independence "has unilaterally upset the balance in the world." Yet pretenses of defending international law or analysis pointing to traditional ties hide the real reason for Russia's position: Serbia lets Russia project power and accrue profit in Southeastern Europe. Russian-Serbian trade has spiked, and Russian corporations have begun snatching up Serbian assets at bargain-basement prices. Vladimir Putin has even acknowledged this, calling it "natural that a resurgent Russia is returning [to Serbia]."

Trade between the two topped $2.6 billion in 2007, a 22 percent increase over 2006 and a 56 percent increase from 2005. Much of this exchange has been in energy imports from Russia, the country with which Serbia has its largest trade deficit. When Serbia opened up the bidding for the assets of its national oil conglomeration, Naftna Industrija Srbije, Belgrade's favoritism led to enormous Russian profits. A number of companies--Hungary's MOL, Poland's PKN Orlen, Russia's Lukoil, and Romania's Rompetrol--made offers for the group late last year. Despite a market valuation estimated at between 1 and 2 billion euros ($1.5-3 billion) by most analysts, Russia's Gazprom purchased a 51 percent stake in NIS for just 400 million euros ($589 million) in late January. Gazprom enjoys close ties with the Russian administration: Putin's presumptive heir to the presidency, Dmitry Medvedev, is chairman of the firm's board of directors.

In December, when Russia made an initial bid similar to the final purchase price, Serbia's economic minister, Mladjan Dinkić, said, "This offer is humiliating . . . the property alone is worth 800 million euros ($1.17 billion) according to conservative estimates, excluding business or market share." Analysts inside and outside Serbia believe the prime minister overruled Dinkić and pushed the deal through anyway to reward Russia for its support on Kosovo. Russia, a "first among equals" in economic deals according to Serbian Deputy Prime Minister Bo idar Djelić, has extended its influence deep into Serbia's economy. Russia's Aeroflot has expressed interest in purchasing the flagship Serbian airline JAT; it may make an offer as early as late March according to Aeroflot official Mikhail Polyboyarinov. Other assets slated for privatization, such as Srpska Bank, have also come under the watchful eye of Russian financiers.

Most importantly, the NIS deal came bundled with a plan for Russia to construct the intermediate leg of its 550-mile South Stream pipeline project through Serbia. Carrying nearly 2.6 trillion gallons of natural gas a year to Europe from the Black Sea through Bulgaria, South Stream would force Serbia to rely on Russia for fuel supplies. The pipeline would also cement Russia's control over the European market. The EU and the United States, hoping to blunt the Russian monopoly over the European energy market, plan to build a pipeline, known as the Nabucco project, to bring Caspian fuel from Azerbaijan through Bulgaria, Romania, and Hungary. South Stream would hobble such aspirations and cut out U.S. allies like Turkey and Romania. Its northern sister, the Nord Stream project, would bring fuel under the Baltic Sea directly to Germany, allowing Russia to cut off supplies to Central European states without interrupting supplies to their more economically and politically powerful counterparts in the West. Together, these projects would give Russia even greater control over the European energy market.

Gazprom attempted to pressure Ukraine by shutting off gas for three days in early 2006; despite assurances from Gazprom, Western customers experienced reduced supply undermining the company's attempt to strong-arm Kiev on behalf of Moscow. The Stream pipeline projects would let Russia play a game of divide-and-conquer, allowing Gazprom to pressure one country at a time if Moscow desired a higher price or wished to exert political pressure. Without Serbian cooperation, Russia would be forced to rely on more pro-Western states such as Romania. And without Serbia, Russia might not be able to head off Nabucco, which represents the greatest Western threat to Russia's energy strategy. Russian opposition to Kosovo's independence ensures that Serbia will continue serving as the lynchpin in Russian plans.

A Europe dominated economically and politically by Russia cannot stand up to Kremlin sponsorship of autocrats in Eastern Europe and Central Asia or Russian foot-dragging on international sanctions against an Iranian arms program. Building a safer, freer world will demand a comprehensive response. New leaders in Europe may make such a stand possible. French President Nicholas Sarkozy said in 2007 that Russia "is, with a certain brutality, imposing its return on the world scene by taking advantage of its assets, notably oil and gas." In January 2006, immediately after her first meeting with Putin, German Chancellor Angela Merkel met with Russian opposition leaders, urging them to contribute to "reviving life in Russia." British Prime Minister Gordon Brown expelled four Russian diplomats from Britain in July after Russia failed to extradite Andrei Luogovoi, the lead suspect in the murder of Alexander Litvinenko.

These EU leaders can join the United States in forming a unified policy on Russian energy that would accelerate the development of the Nabucco pipeline and liberalize trade with Russian energy companies. Prohibiting Gazprom from investing in European energy distribution networks until Russia opens up its own domestic network to foreign investment, as a September European Commission proposal urged, would be a good step in this direction. The West should recognize Moscow's less-than-noble motives in opposing a free Kosovo, and it must blunt the power of the Nord and South Stream pipeline projects. Europe can either accept a grim future under Russia's thrall, or it can begin walking a difficult, if necessary, path.

Source: http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...4/775iaict.asp

Russia could use force in Kosovo

Russia's ambassador to Nato, Dmitry Rogozin, has warned that Russia could use military force if the Kosovo independence dispute escalates. "If the EU develops a unified position or if Nato exceeds its mandate set by the UN, then these organisations will be in conflict with the UN," he said. In that case Russia would "proceed on the basis that in order to be respected we need to use brute force", he said. Many EU members have recognised Kosovo, but several oppose recognition. Russia, a permanent member of the UN Security Council, backs Serbia, which has condemned the independence declaration issued by the Kosovo parliament on 17 February. On Tuesday members of the Serb minority in Kosovo attacked two border posts staffed by UN personnel and Kosovo police. The violence led the Nato troops in Kosovo - known as K-For - to reinforce the border with Serbia. Kosovo's majority ethnic Albanians are following a plan drawn up by UN special envoy Martti Ahtisaari for "supervised independence", which was rejected by Serbia.

Russian media outcry

The EU will soon deploy 2,000 officials to strengthen law and order in Kosovo, which has a population of about two million. Russia argues that the mission has no legal basis. There has been a furious reaction in some Russian media to Kosovo's declaration of independence. A commentary in the Vesti Plus analytical programme, on state-run television, called the assassinated former Serbian Prime Minister, Zoran Djindjic, a Western puppet who had "received a well-deserved bullet". It said Djindjic had sold national heroes to the International War Crimes Tribunal in The Hague. The programme concluded that Serbia - and not only Serbia - must now decide whether to acquiesce in what has happened, or resist.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7258801.stm

NATO rep sees Russia in breakaway fray

Russia could be forced into the fray if new conflicts flare up among breakaway republics following Kosovo's precedent, a Russian official with NATO says. "Any tensions in Caucasus breakaway republics will inevitably result in Russia being involved in these conflicts against its own will," Dmitry Rogozin, Russia's permanent NATO representative told a Moscow news conference Friday. He said Kosovo's declaration of independence is "an example for all breakaway republics," Interfax reported. Meanwhile, foreign ministers of breakaway territories Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Transdniestria planned a Moscow meeting to discuss the situation.

Source: http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_New...way_fray/3422/
              Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Russia is definitely going to encourage the proxy conflict in the Balkans to push NATO away from its borders. It will not be involved directly ... who wants to jeopardize their oil revenues (for now).

Comment

Very well said. Before we can "unite", however, we have a major challange ahead of us. The challenge is that of reconditioning/deprogramming the minds of the vulnerable masses. And in order to do this the tools of the western propaganda machine: the English language, international financial organizations, NGOs, humanitarian organizations, western news media outlets, American television, American pop music, and western diplomats and politicians need to be suppressed. A large portion, if not a majority, of the world's population has fallen victim to the West's aggression, manipulations and brainwashing. Yes, the Serbian people will have to 'fight' if they want to keep Kosovo Serbian. Sadly, there is no other way about it. Those who think they can return Kosovo to Serbia by diplomatic means are either insane or liars. However, is the Serbian people ready for a war that may cause widespread devastation throughout Serbia? Do they understand what geopolitics is all about? Are they willing to enslave themselves to become a part of the EU? How much are they willing to sacrifice for Kosovo? Only time will answer these questions. Having said that, I don't place much hope on the masses in any country. Please take a close look at the absurdity of us Armenians today. Thus, this begs the question: How does one fight the foreign powers that want to enslave or destroy you when you have a large portion of your population doing their bidding?

Originally posted by RSNATION View Post
                  My take is that Orthodox peoples, many Slavs, Armenians, Greeks, etc are getting frustrated with Westerners. The US has essentially made Turkey into their proxy force and use them and other Muslims- Albanians, Bosnians to do their bidding. Western Europeans still hate the Eastern Churches and our peoples. They lose sight that if it wasn't for our ancestors, they would be facing Mecca in prayer five times a day. I would not be surprised if the Serbians make a move in Kosovo. In fact, I expect it. And what will the US do? Nothing. Why? All our best troops are tied down in Iraq and Afghanistan, our forces are stressed and at the breaking point. The EU states will do nothing because they are chicken. The Serbs are tough, if they want to , they can win. Russia, Serbia, Greece, Armenia, Belarus, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Cyprus need to drop their petty squabbles and come together. It is a dream, but one we should be working for.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
                    Russia is definitely going to encourage the proxy conflict in the Balkans to push NATO away from its borders. It will not be involved directly ... who wants to jeopardize their oil revenues (for now).
                    Hopefully, they will be equipping the Serbs as we speak. Who's is to stand up to the Serbs...the Albanians ?

Comment

This is very interesting Angessa. I have not seen any news media reports about any incidents involving Russians in Syria. Can you please explain again how your fiance got injured? How did Israelis get near Tartus? Please wish him well from us.

Originally posted by Angessa View Post
                      He in the border guard service but due to resent events he was transfer back to the 108th Kuban Cossack Guards Airborne Regiment and now in service in Syria at Tartus. He actually last week was injured by Israel morter fire. Which Israel blamed on an malfunction and not purposely. But they been launching many aggression against Syria and spy's attacks trying to provoke an response.
                      I have great admiration for the heroic spirit of Cossacks and respect for your thoughts regarding Russian monarchy, the Orthodox Church and patriotism. I am glad to see citizens like you and your fiance still exist in Russia. I am also glad that you have chosen to come here and share with us your views.

For Kuban cossacks like me. We never forgotten, we been devoted to the tzar and orthodox church for generations. We devoted are lives to serving Russia to death. We even have are own militery units in the arm forces. I attend church ever day and fast for weeks till January seventh at christmas time. I actually am politically a a Monarchist. I believe the best thing for Russia and our future is a constitutional monarch. It would give us strength and national indenity to stand behind and united us with each other and are allies. Strengthen us agianst corruptions and outside influences and attacks.
                      Angessa, do other Russians see Kuban Cossacks as true Russians? I have heard debate amongst Russians that go both ways - some say Cossacks are true Russians, others say they are mixed with Caucasians. Can you make a few comments regarding the ethnic identity (origin) of Kuban Cossacks? And what is the current sociopolitical situation of the Cossack population in the Russian Federation?

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X