Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    That article Armanen posted summs up what i have been saying all along. As for following the xxx model, i do not wish to follow their model nor do we need to. We have our country and we can make it grow with respect and dignity without treachery.

When it comes to international relations and geopolitics there is no such thing as honor or dignity. Leaders of nations do what must be done in order to secure the national interest and further the strategic goals of the said country. When it comes to developing national character, than that is a different story and I think the RA government should do more to instill patriotism amongst Armenians both in Armenia and the Diaspora.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      Welcome back to the forum

Armenians need to do to Russia what the Jews have done to the USA. We have had a presence in Russia for at least two centuries yet we have failed whereas the Jews have not. Their diaspora, no matter where, is in unity and Israel once had ALL their borders closed yet we are divided and whine about one closed border with a genocidal neighbour. We are failing to follow the Jewish (Zionist) model.
      Thank you my friend!
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by seruven View Post
        So you suggest that Armenia should close the border with Iran and Russia as well. Point taken.
        Russia and Armenia do not share a border and are not even close to having one. The Georgian border with Russia is closed, the Armenian border with Azerbaijan is closed and the Armenian border with Turkey is closed. We can't even get to Russia via the sea. Despite this, big brother Russia has bought all the major infrastructures in Armenia. The same could happen if Turkey comes in. The difference is that one entity is a historical enemy that only 15 years ago threatened to invade Armenia. As for the Iranian border, it is way too small and does not lead to Europe to be as important as the Turkish border.
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

It's still good to have the Iranian border open,
          just incase any plans of highways,railways, or
          pipelines are being constructed.

Comment

Originally posted by seruven View Post
            So you suggest that Armenia should close the border with Iran and Russia as well. Point taken.
            Where did you learn geography?In the Netherlands or Turkey?Geeeez.

Comment

It is true that there will be considerably more Turkish products in Armenia, but I don't think that Armenia will become like what Canada became... The US is Canada's only land neighbour, and the rest of the world is very far, so Canada doesn't have much of a choice. Besides, the US is not just any neighbour. So this is just to say that Armenia won't necessarily be dependant on Turkey (although it'll have easier access to European and Middle-Eastern markets). So the argument about Iran does not hold water.

Nobody usually questions the economic benefits of the opening of the border, though. I think that these Dashnaks presented this argument because in Armenia, some people consider that relations with Turkey will "save" them or something.

You can read this if you want http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Central_Asia/KI29Ag01.html
              Last edited by Davo88; 10-03-2009, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
                It is true that there will be considerably more Turkish products in Armenia, but I don't think that Armenia will become like what Canada became... The US is Canada's only land neighbour, and the rest of the world is very far, so Canada doesn't have much of a choice. Besides, the US is not just any neighbour. So this is just to say that Armenia won't necessarily be dependant on Turkey (although it'll have easier access to European and Middle-Eastern markets). So the argument about Iran does not hold water.

Nobody usually questions the economic benefits of the opening of the border, though. I think that these Dashnaks presented this argument because in Armenia, some people consider that relations with Turkey will "save" them or something.

You can read this if you want http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Central_Asia/KI29Ag01.html
                I dunno, first it'll start with Turka Cola and next thing you know... there will be Mc Turks serving Mc Turk Nuggets and Mc Turk Chicken
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                  After the free trade agreement that Canada signed with the US, the only thing that happened was American companies came in and bought everything up and Canadians became more Americanized. The economy grew only because of the American debt system... people started "affording" things they couldn't afford before like big houses and fancy cars. However, that feeling of wealth is only temporary because they haven't worked for the things they "own".
                  The free trade agreement has brought canada huge factories and jobs, untill recently anyways lol. Lots of shops moved to Canada from Detroit after nafta. It is not hard to see how Turckish money can boost Armenia's economy and you can add to that the benefits of having easier access to europe. Open borders will force a favorable solution to the kharabagh side and even make Armenia the center of euro-asia-middleeast trade. Russia has been setting this up a long time and this is why it has been buying up armenias infustructure. Why would Ruussia do this? It does it because it knows it can control Armenia thus this important route. It can also control azerbadjan and somewhat turckey as well because they also will be dependent on open borders with Armenia. Armanen i realize self interest comes first but i would not want hayastan to be like the zionist state, isreal is a pool of racism and narcicism and i dont want neither one for Hayastan. Self interest and honor and dignity are not necesserily mutually exclusive.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    The free trade agreement has brought canada huge factories and jobs, untill recently anyways lol. Lots of shops moved to Canada from Detroit after nafta. It is not hard to see how Turckish money can boost Armenia's economy and you can add to that the benefits of having easier access to europe. Open borders will force a favorable solution to the kharabagh side and even make Armenia the center of euro-asia-middleeast trade. Russia has been setting this up a long time and this is why it has been buying up armenias infustructure. Why would Ruussia do this? It does it because it knows it can control Armenia thus this important route. It can also control azerbadjan and somewhat turckey as well because they also will be dependent on open borders with Armenia. Armanen i realize self interest comes first but i would not want hayastan to be like the zionist state, isreal is a pool of racism and narcicism and i dont want neither one for Hayastan. Self interest and honor and dignity are not necesserily mutually exclusive.
                    Those shops were just taking advantage of the cheap labor and exchange rate. For every 1 American worker, they were getting 1.5 Canadian workers... it was a trivial decision in terms of production output. However, like all things it is just relative. In the end, only those living on the border (like myself) was able to take advantage of the differences. Canada can close all the borders off with the U.S. and the only thing they would miss is produce from Cali, Florida.

In this global economy, it's important to have open trade to bring in manufactured goods from other countries but there is no point unless there is a strong local economy based on manufacturing. Or else you'll end up having a China-US or US-Mexico relationship where you can get 10 Chinese workers for the price of one US worker.

I agree, I wouldn't want to be part of any zionist-like state... but the idea would be for the diaspora to be in sync with Armenia's goals. If our goal is to have a greater Armenia, there are a few ways to go about it. But if we keep changing direction and shuffling our feet, we'll get nowhere.
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I dunno, first it'll start with Turka Cola and next thing you know... there will be Mc Turks serving Mc Turk Nuggets and Mc Turk Chicken
                      If we do that without our problems with the Turks being solved, it would be an utter sign of defeat...

In this global economy, it's important to have open trade to bring in manufactured goods from other countries but there is no point unless there is a strong local economy based on manufacturing. Or else you'll end up having a China-US or US-Mexico relationship where you can get 10 Chinese workers for the price of one US worker.
                      Yeah that's right!

Comment

Working...
                      X