Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

By now i think we all know LTP will say and do anything to become president again and sell out our country. Even if the protocals stay as they are they still strengthen Armenia in my opinion. The open borders will help Armenia economicly and they will take away the Ace card from the Azeris in the kharabagh conflict making a solution favorable to Armenia more likely. Any improvements or less preconditions would be a welcome sight but either way i think you guys all know why i think even this deal is a deal Armenia should take.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Oskanian says he’s ready to lead a “popular wave”

Yerevan - Vartan Oskanian, who served as foreign minister of Armenia from 1998 through 2008, and has been a consistent critic of Armenia-Turkey soccer diplomacy, considers it possible to stop the process only if "there is a popular wave of protest, and the authorities feel that they are going against the people's will."

"I am prepared to be on the forefront of the popular wave, so that we can persuade our authorities that what they are doing is against the people's will. If you ask how this is going to be done, I don't have an answer. But I am ready to examine the issue with political forces and participate," he said on September 22 at a forum organized by the Civilitas Foundation, of which he is the founder.

Referring to the protocols on Armenia-Turkey relations unveiled on August 31, he said, "Reading these documents, you reach the unequivocal conclusion that they have been negotiated somewhere, with the participation of the Turks, and have been imposed on the Armenian side. Or else, the Armenian side has actually participated in the negotiations, but it has been deeply inspired and convinced of the view that Armenia's entire future, its future development depends entirely on the opening of the Armenian-Turkish frontier."

Mr. Oskanian said he was reminded of the situation in late 1997, when it was said that Armenia could no longer develop, and unless the Karabakh issue was resolved immediately, Armenia would face an existential threat. He said the same attitude has been revived, and we are told that if the Armenia-Turkey border is not opened, the country will have no future.

"That is not so. Our country has great potential for development. That does not mean we should avoid signing documents with the Turks, or should not have normal relations with them. But all this must be achieved calmly, among equals, without rushing, without outside imposition," he said.

Mr. Oskanian noted that the Turkish blockade of Armenia was intended to starve Armenians into concessions in Karabakh, and that it has failed in this purpose. Now, he continued, "Turkey wants to come out of the corner it has painted itself into. It looks like it has found the way: It is doing so at our expense. It wants to open the border, but it's the Armenian side making the concessions."

"The Turks are being given everything they have wanted for 17 years," Mr. Oskanian said.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Reaction: Yerevan warns Ankara against linking normalization process with Karabakh

In a rare reaction released by Armenia’s Foreign Ministry late on Friday, Minister Edward Nalbandyan warned Turkey that linking the continuing rapprochement between the two countries with progress in a separate Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh could ruin both.

Nalbandyan was reacting to the most recent statement made by Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan that the Armenian-Turkish border will not be opened until the Karabakh conflict is solved.

“The Turkish side is informed, and we are confident that they realize that we exclude the conditioning of the normalization of Armenian-Turkish relations by the steps towards the settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict,” Nalbandyan said in his reply also posted on the Ministry’s official website (www.armeniaforeignministry.com).

“Trying to link those two processes could ruin one and the other. A number of countries, including the Minsk Group Co-Chair countries, have expressed the same position. They have repeatedly stated that the normalization of the Armenian-Turkish relations must be without preconditions.”

Nalbandyan said that “with this mutual understanding we have started and conducted negotiations and came to agreements reflected in the initialed protocols.”

“If the Turkish authorities have problems with the signing of documents, they should not try to solve them by distorting the spirit, essence and goals of the initialed documents. The signing and implementation of agreed documents is a difficult process. Nevertheless, Armenia is ready to respect the agreements and go forward.”

In his statement Nalbandyan also reacted to Erdogan’s remarks made during an interview with a number of Turkish media editors-in-chief on September 17 that “Armenia must be freed from the influence of its powerful Diaspora.”

Nalbandyan said: “If the authorities of modern Turkey are not ready today to recognize the fact of the Genocide perpetrated in the Ottoman Empire, they are at least obliged to respect the survivors of the Armenian Genocide and their descendants.”

Comment

All this makes sence thus far. As i pointed out earlier, kharabagh is the big issue the Armenian government won't compromise on because the leaders of Armenia are kharabaghtsis. From recent remarks it sounds to me Oskanian is readying a platform for his future political career. I wont be surprised if he runs for office next term.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Army View Post
            Both sides must be careful. If the protocol fails by Yerevan, Turkey would be known as the side who did try to solve the crisis and Armenia could have a serious problem on explaining UN "why would not she recognise the borders with her neighbor". That happened in Cyprus too.
            This is the fierst time I agree with you. My best hope is that turks will never ratify it. lol. But in end of the day who cares about UN ?
            Last edited by Mukuch; 09-29-2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
              This is the fierst time I agree with you. My best hope is that turks will never ratify it. lol. But in end of the day who cares about UN ?
              This crawling diplomacy spreads national apathy. Leaving w/o backbone and self esteem may kill all, the rest, of creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
                This crawling diplomacy spreads national apathy. Leaving w/o backbone and self esteem may kill all, the rest, of creatures.
                What you are ofering? Nalbandian is going to sighn it in 10 of October. I do not see anything stoping him if things go as they are going now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
                  What you are ofering? Nalbandian is going to sighn it in 10 of October. I do not see anything stoping him if things go as they are going now.
                  I don’t know.

I think this protocol is written unilaterally by Turkey, with Russia's and US approval, and our FM was allowed to read it after signing. I hate people who perform such roles.

Now the talks that Turkey may reject it; is nothing more than a show played by the Turkish staged scenario for Armenians and others.

Comment

I don’t know.

I think this protocol is written unilaterally by Turkey, with Russia's and US approval, and our FM was allowed to read it after signing. I hate people who perform such roles.
                    Yes that is exactly how it was.

Now the talks that Turkey may reject it; is nothing more than a show played by the Turkish staged scenario for Armenians and others.
                    well it is more complicated than that. turkish political stage is like a big ZOO , you never know...

Comment

Map distributed to Istanbul schools redraws borders of Turkey

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Abbas Güçlü

ISTANBUL - Milliyet

A CD prepared by Istanbul’s provincial education directorate has redrawn the map of Turkey to include parts of northern Iraq.

The mistake shocked even the directorate itself and placed education officials in an awkward situation as it comes just after Education Ministry school books got the dates of some national days wrong.

The ministry on Wednesday ordered that the CDs be taken back from schools and parents who had received them, it was reported.

A CD was distributed to schools as part of the parent education project and on it the map of Turkey included the cities of Mosul and Kirkuk in northern Iraq as being within Turkey’s borders. It also shows the island of Cyprus and Armenia as part of Turkey. Parts of Georgia and Bulgaria have also been depicted as within Turkey’s borders.

The project was prepared during the tenure of former Istanbul education director, Ata Özer, and the discrepancies have shocked current director Muammer Yıldız.

The map mistake compounds the embarrassment from schoolbooks prepared by the Education Ministry and distributed free of charge to students also have some very glaring errors. The occasion of Victory Day on Aug. 30 is omitted and an incorrect date is cited for Children and National Sovereignty Day, celebrated on April 23. The day has been marked as April 29 in the books.

“Such a map is unacceptable. It is a big mistake that can create unnecessary debate. I am very sad,” said Yıldız, who initiated an inquiry into the matter.

Yıldız said the information was compiled from various sources but that no one noticed the discrepancies until after it was sent to all Istanbul schools was even more shocking.

“It can’t be used as an excuse that the map escaped the attention of our people working on the project. I wish it hadn’t happened. But someone from among us should have spotted it and warned us,” said Yıldız.

Istanbul was chosen as the pilot province to rate the effectiveness of the project. The aim is to educate parents on various issues, ranging from first aid to how to deal with children, prior to the start of the school term. It was carried out during the week before schools started alongside the “getting used to school” program for children about to begin their education. Around 230,000 children began their first year of primary school in the province of Istanbul this year.

The objective was to have an orientation week for all of these children and their parents.

Link
                      Last edited by Alexandros; 10-01-2009, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X