Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections in Armenia

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    First of all, I grew up in Iran. So there goes the "western brainwashing" argument that you have. I've spent a majority of my life in Iran, so I would say I have a fairly impartial view on such topics, having heard both sides.

Just because the state of Israel doesn't accept the Armenian genocide, that makes REJECTING the holocaust acceptable?
    since you expect the Israeli government to be so just and moral, choosing humanity over geopolitics, I would expect your party in Armenian would at least have the dignity to do the same.
    News and Analysis of Assyrian and Assyrian-related Issues Worldwide

Not that this makes Israel not accepting the Armenian Genocide acceptable, or this makes the RPA decision on the Assyrian genocide okay; I simply want to point out the hypocrisy in that argument considering our own government's position. Especially the fact that Armenians and Assyrians suffered at the same time at the hands of the same dogs, which makes in much worse that what Israel does.

And so what you found a list of j3ws who have worked against the Armenian cause. So out of seven million j3ws in the US, some have hurt the Armenian cause. I'm sure you could have picked any race and found some who have hurt the Armenian cause in the US. Does this mean the entire global xxxish population is working against the Armenian cause? Maybe in a neo-nazi world it does.

As far Hriyas going around the world arresting nazi war criminals, if anyone can relate to that it should be Armenians. If there were any survivors of the perpetrators of the AG and our country had any global political power, we would be doing the same. It is the very thing Operation Nemesis did, except we didnt have the political significance to do it legally, and had to do it much more dramatically. I am not saying those who died and risked their lives to go around the world and kill the turks are at the same level as israeli agents arresting 90 year old men. I am saying that you have every right to make sure the perpetrators of those crimes are punished.

Having said all of that, it shouldn't even matter what is happening now. It shouldn't matter how the Holocaust is used by Israel to cover up its current apartheid and genocidal policies. Not of that changes that a basic historic event took place.

It is absurd that I as an Armenian have to convince another Armenian. The hypocrisy would too much to take if I hadn't already had this same conversation with a bunch of other anti-Semitic Armenians friends many times over. So no I'm not going to watch some psycho racist neo-nazi try to explain away a basic fact, in the same way I can't stand to watch some shoon toork try to explain away the Armenian genocide.

The fact that you propose people listen to something with an open mind, honestly almost burns my heart, because it sounds like Turks when they say why don't you just want to review historic events impartially and with an open mind.

The reason I bothered to respond to this is first of all because its disturbing how closely it mirrors the arguments of the turks, and more importantly what Armenia doesn't need is for you and the likes of you to do the Turks a huge favor by creating a Nazi image for Armenia on a public forum.
    In this response , I find no "brushing off" of any worthwhile points that either Sarkis or Vahram have made.
    The valid ( extremely valid ) point ( in my opinion ) that Mher makes about " creating a nazi image of Armenians is of such politicle maturity , it's amazing to think this young man ( Mher ) is only 24 .
    I'm not going to accuse you ( Mher ) of taking brain steroids , but I am going to accuse you of this -----
    ---- I think your an Armenian.
    I also found the rest of your points of genuine merit .
    Artashes

Comment

Why the hell would anyone shoot Paruyr Hayrikyan... the guy's a threat to nobody. His life's out of danger, said to be recovering.
      The Armenian elections were going too smoothly they needed to do something to make Armenia look bad! They have nothing else that they could do! We left them no choice by running a nice election and they need to stir something up! This is coming from an external source this is not coming from inside Armenia this is just a game. Now they will play this up to no end with at best a 3rd rate player and drag Armenia through the dirt.

Comment

The fact that he was shot twice and lived sounds kinda suspicious to me. I am also curious where this is going.

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
        The Armenian elections were going too smoothly they needed to do something to make Armenia look bad! They have nothing else that they could do! We left them no choice by running a nice election and they need to stir something up! This is coming from an external source this is not coming from inside Armenia this is just a game. Now they will play this up to no end with at best a 3rd rate player and drag Armenia through the dirt.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

GMO FOODS AND ARMENIA

I know we're all focusing on the Hayrikyan incident from earlier today, but I think this subject must be addressed. Since elections are coming up, I'd like to highlight an issue that is very important for all of us Armenians to consider: Armenia's food security. In the wider scheme of things, food security in the modern era overlaps with the general topic of "Environmental Concerns". To the shock of many of the negative members of our community who relish every chance they get to bash and trash the image of Armenia (which in my opinion is merely an expression of the self-hate these mentally-damaged people suffer from), I want to remind us all that in 2012, ARMENIA TOOK STEPS TOWARDS INSURING IT HAS GREATER FOOD SECURITY THAN THE US. In a brave and farsighted move: Armenia banned genetically modified foods ("GMOs").

http://www.aysor.am/en/news/2012/11/...m-harutyunyan/

I won't get into too much detail here, but I urge everyone to research GMOs. They are basically agricultural products grown from seeds which have had their DNA altered. US Patent Law allows "modified living organisms" to be patented, which means the seeds legally belong to the company which "created"/modified them, and the farmers are only licensed the seeds for a fee. Genius from a profit generating point-of-view, devastating for the rest of the world. Institutionalized corruption in other words (oddly enough, armenianow, azatutyun and hetq never touch this subject).

Anyway beside the economic dangers, GMOs have been conclusively linked to all types of diseases and especially cancers by French and other scientists. In the US, since there is a revolving door between the government and companies like Monsanto, not only are the dangers of GMO foods downplayed and denied, but scientists who dare to raise the truth are ostracized and persecuted. Here in California, we recently saw a proposition (Prop 37 in the 2012 ballot) that would mandate a MERE labeling of foods which contain GMO ingredients face a well-subsidized fear-campaign (estimated by many at costing the big agro-multinational corporations over $1 million a day) until it was defeated. Compare the "freedom" of making an informed choice being denied to Americans, even in a very liberal state like California to Armenia's authorities actually taking a strong stand for the people!

Below are some useful links, including two highly recommended French documentaries. As you are watching these, you should keep in mind that this is one problem which Armenia has actually solved and feel good about it:

Controlling Our Food | A Documentary On Genetically Modified Foods GMO's

Engineered food: coming soon!

GMO tomatoes: good-looking poison

GMO, Global Alert:

Just to show you guys how serious the West is about forcing as many people as possible to become essentially slaves to the GMO multinational corporations, read the following articles about one of the many "freedoms" America brought to Iraq at a mere cost of 4,500 American soldiers and anywhere from 600,000 to well over 1,000,000 Iraqi lives:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/KHA501A.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/biopira...riculture/1447

And look at how the failure of GMO seeds have resulted in several tens of thousands of desperate Indian farmers of cotton and various crops committing suicide:
          http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-gm-...ed-crops/10829

Lastly, look at this video posted about mining activities in Armenia. I'll be the first to acknowledge mining is a dirty industry which is usually detrimental to the surrounding nature. That being said, mining is also one of the few economic opportunities in many regions in Armenia. It is an impossible choice: create jobs in a poverty-stricken area at the cost of dangerous pollution, or remain in poverty and watch these isolated communities disappear. I posted this video because it highlights the fact that most Armenian "activists", even those with the best intentions, are essentially manipulated as tools of pressure against the Armenian government by foreign interests in the west. I ask these activists: "did even a single one of you commend Armenia's decision to ban GMO foods?" Activists and environmental protestors in Armenia are only used and given attention by the west when it serves western interests, that’s why when Armenia triumphs over a western backed threat like GMOs, there is not a single "activist" around!

This 10 minute documentary, produced by Robert Davidian and Liana Hakobyan, gives an update on dangerous and unjust mining in Armenia, including alternative "green"…

I recently received an email asking me to attend a meeting dedicated to "environmental activism in Armenia". I replied politely asking where this group was when Armenia took the biggest step yet in the right direction by banning GMOs. Absolutely no response. Which, oddly enough, is what happens when I email azatutyun.am asking them why they use turkish euphemisms when referring to the Armenian Genocide (by calling it "events in 1915 which Armenians and some historians consider genocide"). I get no response from azatutyun.am either. I'm sure if I had emailed the organizers of the environmental activism meeting and said something like "OMG how terrible. F*ck serj sarkisyan he is ruining Armenia. I want to protest", I would have received a reply with instructions on what to do.
          Last edited by Sarkis86; 01-31-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis86 View Post
            GMO FOODS AND ARMENIA

I know we're all focusing on the Hayrikyan incident from earlier today, but I think this subject must be addressed. Since elections are coming up, I'd like to highlight an issue that is very important for all of us Armenians to consider: Armenia's food security. In the wider scheme of things, food security in the modern era overlaps with the general topic of "Environmental Concerns". To the shock of many of the negative members of our community who relish every chance they get to bash and trash the image of Armenia (which in my opinion is merely an expression of the self-hate these mentally-damaged people suffer from), I want to remind us all that in 2012, ARMENIA TOOK STEPS TOWARDS INSURING IT HAS GREATER FOOD SECURITY THAN THE US. In a brave and farsighted move: Armenia banned genetically modified foods ("GMOs").

http://www.aysor.am/en/news/2012/11/...m-harutyunyan/

I won't get into too much detail here, but I urge everyone to research GMOs. They are basically agricultural products grown from seeds which have had their DNA altered. US Patent Law allows "modified living organisms" to be patented, which means the seeds legally belong to the company which "created"/modified them, and the farmers are only licensed the seeds for a fee. Genius from a profit generating point-of-view, devastating for the rest of the world. Institutionalized corruption in other words (oddly enough, armenianow, azatutyun and hetq never touch this subject).

Anyway beside the economic dangers, GMOs have been conclusively linked to all types of diseases and especially cancers by French and other scientists. In the US, since there is a revolving door between the government and companies like Monsanto, not only are the dangers of GMO foods downplayed and denied, but scientists who dare to raise the truth are ostracized and persecuted. Here in California, we recently saw a proposition (Prop 37 in the 2012 ballot) that would mandate a MERE labeling of foods which contain GMO ingredients face a well-subsidized fear-campaign (estimated by many at costing the big agro-multinational corporations over $1 million a day) until it was defeated. Compare the "freedom" of making an informed choice being denied to Americans, even in a very liberal state like California to Armenia's authorities actually taking a strong stand for the people!

Below are some useful links, including two highly recommended French documentaries. As you are watching these, you should keep in mind that this is one problem which Armenia has actually solved and feel good about it:

Controlling Our Food | A Documentary On Genetically Modified Foods GMO's

Engineered food: coming soon!

GMO tomatoes: good-looking poison

GMO, Global Alert:

Just to show you guys how serious the West is about forcing as many people as possible to become essentially slaves to the GMO multinational corporations, read the following articles about one of the many "freedoms" America brought to Iraq at a mere cost of 4,500 American soldiers and anywhere from 600,000 to well over 1,000,000 Iraqi lives:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/KHA501A.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/biopira...riculture/1447

And look at how the failure of GMO seeds have resulted in several tens of thousands of desperate Indian farmers of cotton and various crops committing suicide:
            http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-gm-...ed-crops/10829

Lastly, look at this video posted about mining activities in Armenia. I'll be the first to acknowledge mining is a dirty industry which is usually detrimental to the surrounding nature. That being said, mining is also one of the few economic opportunities in many regions in Armenia. It is an impossible choice: create jobs in a poverty-stricken area at the cost of dangerous pollution, or remain in poverty and watch these isolated communities disappear. I posted this video because it highlights the fact that most Armenian "activists", even those with the best intentions, are essentially manipulated as tools of pressure against the Armenian government by foreign interests in the west. I ask these activists: "did even a single one of you commend Armenia's decision to ban GMO foods?" Activists and environmental protestors in Armenia are only used and given attention by the west when it serves western interests, that�s why when Armenia triumphs over a western backed threat like GMOs, there is not a single "activist" around!

This 10 minute documentary, produced by Robert Davidian and Liana Hakobyan, gives an update on dangerous and unjust mining in Armenia, including alternative "green"…

I recently received an email asking me to attend a meeting dedicated to "environmental activism in Armenia". I replied politely asking where this group was when Armenia took the biggest step yet in the right direction by banning GMOs. Absolutely no response. Which, oddly enough, is what happens when I email azatutyun.am asking them why they use turkish euphemisms when referring to the Armenian Genocide (by calling it "events in 1915 which Armenians and some historians consider genocide"). I get no response from azatutyun.am either. I'm sure if I had emailed the organizers of the environmental activism meeting and said something like "OMG how terrible. F*ck serj sarkisyan he is ruining Armenia. I want to protest", I would have received a reply with instructions on what to do.
            Great news about gmo's ! Man am I glad to hear that .
            Concerning the mining and the associated dirtynesss --- I looked into why so many mine sites in the USA had become toxic waste sites , and my evaluation showed this --- most sites operated by large corporations ( but not excluding smaller entities ) showed little or no concern for the environment and ignored well known " clean " operating procedures so they could increase their profits .
            I spoke with a dust control expert , and he told me the technology and procedures to keep an open pit mine from becoming a toxic site have existed for quite some time but the greed ridden don't want to spend the time or money to do it appropriately .
            There are in fact many ways to mine in an environmently friendly manner .
            Many mines here in Alaska and to my utter amazement the large company's will spend 5 million a year in fraudulent PR telling the public how clean they are , but absolutely will not spend the 1 million a year to do it right . Crazy ???
            Artashes

Comment

Hayrikian Shot, Taken to Hospital [Updated]

Will the presidential elections be postponed?

YEREVAN—Armenian presidential candidate and leader of the Armenian Self-Determination Movement Paruyr Hayrikian was shot on Tpagrichneri Avenue, shortly before midnight Friday. This assassination attempt could postpone the February 18 presidential elections.

Hayrikian was transported to the St. Gregory the Illuminator Hospital, where officials told Hetq.am that that at 11:55 p.m. Hayrikian was admitted with a gun shot wounds to his right clavicle and after undergoing surgery was recuperating in the intensive care unit.

Emergency room reports indicated that his life is not in danger.

“He is recovering,” said a hospital spokesperson.

Yerkir.am reported that Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan, Health Minister Terenik Toumanyan, presidential candidates Raffi Hovannisian and Hrant Bagratian, as well as members of parliament visited the hospital.

Relevant agencies were on the scene investigating the incident.

Could the presidential elections be postponed?
              The Hayrikian incident could force the presidential elections to be postponed. According to Article 98 of the Armenian Presidential Election Code, if a candidate is faced with insurmountable obstacles, the elections must be postponed by two weeks, reported Yerkir.am.

Chairman of the Armenian Parliament and President Serzh Sarkisian’s re-election campaign manager Hovik Abrahamian, who was in the hospital with other high-ranking officials, did not rule out the postponement of the elections depending on the developments of the case.
              Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
              Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
              Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Yerkir.am reported that Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan, Health Minister Terenik Toumanyan, presidential candidates Raffi Hovannisian and Hrant Bagratian, as well as members of parliament visited the hospital.
                That's pretty much the entire spectrum in the field of Armenian politics ranging from government to hardline opposition. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis86 View Post
                  That's pretty much the entire spectrum in the field of Armenian politics ranging from government to hardline opposition. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes...

The elections was proceeding too well for some forces.

I will not be surprised if it was outside forces.
                  Surprising that a rather junior candidate was targeted considering the quality of his campaigning and his prospects.
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Paruyr Hayrikyan has been wounded by unknown gunmen in Yerevan, in an attack that could delay February’s elections.

Armenia presidential hopeful shot in capital

An Armenian presidential candidate has been shot and wounded by unknown gunmen in the capital Yerevan, police said, in an attack that could delay February's election.

Paruyr Hayrikyan, whose life was not in danger after Thursday's shooting, is one of eight candidates running in the February 18 vote, but is not seen as a strong challenger to Serzh Sarksyan, who is expected to be re-elected for a second five-year term.

However, according to Armenia's constitution, the election could be postponed by two weeks if a candidate is unable to campaign or run. In the event of a candidate's death, a new election is called, to be held within 40 days.

The 2008 presidential election in Armenia - a landlocked ex-Soviet republic of 3.2 million that is Russia's main ally in the South Caucasus - were marred by violent clashes between opposition protesters and police.

"Those, who did it, wanted to destabilise the situation in the country, but they failed," Hovik Abrahamyan, the parliamentary speaker, told reporters.

"It will depend on Paruyr Hayrikyan's condition whether the election will be postponed or not," he said.

'Two shots fired'

Armenian Shans TV reported that gunmen fired two shots, wounding Hayrikyan with a bullet to his shoulder, in the
                    courtyard of his house in the centre of the capital.

He was taken to hospital after his neighbours, who heard shots and found him, called police and an ambulance.

"[Unknown gunmen] were shooting at the presidential candidate Paruyr Hayrikyan ... Doctors say his life is not in
                    danger," Vladimir Gasparyan, the head of the country's police department, told reporters at the hospital in comments aired by Shans TV.

Hayrikyan, 63, a former dissident, is the leader of a moderate opposition party, the National Self-Determination Union.

Is this wishful thinking.
                    Last edited by londontsi; 02-01-2013, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                      The elections was proceeding too well for some forces.

I will not be surprised if it was outside forces.
                      Surprising that a rather junior candidate was targeted considering the quality of his campaigning and his prospects.
                      It doesnt matter which candidate it would make news around the world and damage the picture of Armenia.
                      Central Yerevan during midnight pitch black no body gaurds anybody could do this. Probably failed because he had the gun in one hand a petrol can in the other.

Comment

Working...
                      X