Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections in Armenia

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
    LOL! One of your opposition boys vs the other, nothing like one scumbag shooting another! ROTF

How's that for hitting you in the eye? Would you like a patch now for your eye? I know you got hit in both eyes at once! But we only have one patch so make up your mind...ROTFLMAO!
    Should Vardan Setrakyan have been added to my Fascistic or Religious Extremist Organisations Operating Inside Armenia thread? He certainly fits the "extremist nut-job who pontificates about how un-Armenian every other Armenian is compared to himself" definition. Your "your opposition boys" words are rather laughable since Setrakyan is EXACTLY like you!
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

LOL, bell is jealous of the eye patch and wants one for himself.

Should Vardan Setrakyan have been added to my Fascistic or Religious Extremist Organisations Operating Inside Armenia thread?
      English fascist in you could not resist could you? This stems from not being able to sing in parks when you were a kid....LOL

You have been caught with your pants down again and now you have a patch over one eye....ROTF
      Last edited by Vahram; 03-06-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

If Vahram were a crowd of people, I would have sent out the hussars long ago.

Comment

Doeas anyone care if Raffi eats or not? I know i don't.

PRESS RELEASE
          RAFFI HOVANNISIAN HEADQUARTERS
          31 Moscovian Street
          Yerevan, Armenia
          Tel.: (+374 - 10) 53.69.13
          Fax: (+374 - 10) 53.26.97
          Email: [email protected]

10 March 2013

Raffi Hovannisian Declares Hunger Strike Until Sargsyan Resigns

Yerevan--Today before thousands at Liberty Square Raffi K. Hovannisian
          declared a hunger strike until Serzh Sargsyan resigns and formally
          concedes the Armenian people's victory in the February 18 presidential
          election.

`If on April 9, the Archbishop puts Serzh Sargsyan's hand on the Bible
          and in the name and breath of God swears in a false president, he will
          do so over my dead body,' Hovannisian said.
          Hovannisian announced that he will not leave Liberty Square during the
          strike and that any de facto authority, including Sargsyan, who wishes
          to meet with him must do so at the square. Before making his way to
          his strike spot on a square bench, he urged people not think of this
          as a typical hunger strike. `This is a fraud strike, a fear strike, a
          lie strike,' he said.

During the rally in Liberty Square, parallel rallies were held in
          Artashat and Kapan at which Raffi Hovannisian's representatives
          addressed the public.

Tomorrow, on March 11, the Armenian Constitutional Court will hear the
          case of Raffi Hovannisian's claim against the Central Election
          Committee to nullify the official results of the February 18 election.
          The court session begins at 10 am.

Raffi Hovannisian: `This is a fraud strike, a fear strike, a lie strike.'
          Րաֆֆի Հովհաննիսյանը հացադուլ հայտարարեց` պահանջելով Սերժ Սարգսյանի հրաժարականը:

Liberty Square
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Հացադուլի առաջին ժամերին։ Բարևի հեղափոխությունը մտնում է նոր փուլ։

Raffi Hovannisian Headquarters
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            Doeas anyone care if Raffi eats or not? I know i don't.
            Nope, he got fatter since the last time he went on a diet so this is just a way to lose some fat again. People look fatter on camera so for propaganda purposes it would be better if he lost those extra pounds...

Usually when people go on a hunger strike as a way of protesting against something don't predetermine the day they'll start eating again, if I'm not mistaken raffik will start eating again on march 31.

Haykakan jan have you watched some of the footage of raffik's visits to the marzes? If you haven't here are some interesting parts:

Նախագահի ընտրությունների արդյունքները վիճարկող Րաֆֆի Հովհաննիսյանը, ով պաշտոնական տվյալների համաձայն զբաղեցրել է երկրորդ տեղը, այսօր այցելել էր Գեղարքունիքի ...

Watch from 18:45 where villagers from Gavar tell him what would happen to Armenia if we kicked out Russia. These villagers have a better sense of reality and the environment Armenia is in than that pathetic little snake named raffik.

Also watch from 50:00 onwards to see raffik in "action" in Sevan. Just look at his pathetic display, I mean this pathetic guy seriously wants to be our president?
            The positive thing is that he stays decent, doesn't make any personal attacks and discourages violence - but I also believe that there is more to him than he's showing now. However this is much better than what the traitor levon did in 2008.
            Also what I found amusing is the 1000 times he thanks the qaghakapet for showing up, this guy is really craving for attention
            Last edited by Lernakan; 03-13-2013, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Hey Lernakan that link you posted is of a birdman-awsome vid btw. I think you mixed up your links. As for Raffi, judging from his behavior, i see nothing more then the typical western politition who is ready to screw over anyone at anytime for a bit more money and power. As they say-nothing to see here..just keep moving on.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Hey look Raffi is not content with just telling the president of Armenia what to do - now he is telling all world leaders what they should be doing.

RUSSIAN PRESIDENT MUST RECONSIDER HIS HASTY DECISION AND MUST STAND BY THE ARMENIAN PEOPLE

ARMINFO
                Monday, March 11, 17:57

Russian President Vladimir Putin must be among the first to reconsider
                his hasty decision to congratulate Serzh Sargsyan on reelected as
                President of Armenia and must stand by the Armenian people, the leader
                of Heritage Party Raffi Hovannisian said at Liberty Square on Monday.

He said that he believes in strategic partnership with democratic
                Russia but to make this possible, Russia must become democratic and
                must stop acting against the Armenian people.

According to Hovannisian, the United States and France have also broken
                their democratic commitments and must also review their attitudes.

On Tuesday Serzh Sargsyan is starting an official visit to Moscow.

Putin was among the first to congratulate Sargsyan on his victory in
                the Feb 18 presidential election.

The official results say that Sargsyan secured 58.64% of the votes,
                but Hovannisian is refusing to accept this figure and is holding
                rallies all over Armenia.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  Putin was among the first to congratulate Sargsyan on his victory in
                  the Feb 18 presidential election.

The official results say that Sargsyan secured 58.64% of the votes,
                  but Hovannisian is refusing to accept this figure and is holding
                  rallies all over Armenia.
                  Everyone knows that the election was a crushing defeat for Sargysyan. Any incumbent leader in a society where abuse of power, corruption, patronage, and deference to authority is normal behaviour, who has full control of a country's mainstream media and the electoral process, but who can't get at least 75% of the votes cast has actually lost. A 58% of the vote figure is meaningless in such a scenario. Sargsyan, and his type of politics, and the corrupt society that maintains it, has been rejected by the voters in Armenia. He is now faced with two difficult choices - either make fundamental reforms and make them quickly, or retire from politics before it becomes too late to save his neck.
                  Last edited by bell-the-cat; 03-12-2013, 11:45 AM.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

You may have a point about his margin of victory but it could also be due the fact that Armenia has made progress on holding fairer elections. Either way i shutter to think what redneck Raffi would do if he gaines power. I would much rather stick with the present olis and Sarkisian then bring in a new set of foreign olis and redneck Raffi. I see nothing about Raffi that says he will do anything better then Serj has done. If you are going to call for revolution then you should have something to offer that the present power does not but i do not see Raffi offering anything of value to the armenian people. He sounds just like any other USA politition and is just as corrupt which makes him a worst option then Serj in my eyes. I am for anything that will improve the security and living conditions of armenians in Armenia but i do not see any of these things being better under Raffi-as a matter of fact i see both possibly being compromised much more so under Raffi then under Serj. Serj has done a great job to play Russia and the west against each other and has reaped the rewards from both while Raffi wants to sever ties with Russia Shakasvillie style. If Raffi gets his way who is going to defend Armenia from the turkish hoards? Some reforms were carried out under Serj during his first term and they worked. The unfortunate thing is that sometimes when you reform the masses become greedy and start demanding things that cannot be done. Thats when the likes of Raffi step in and deal a potential fatal blow to the nation. Sarkisyan's balanced approach to foreign policy issues is as far as i would like to see our policy move twords the west. What Raffi offers is far too dangerous and has been proven over and over again that the west cares more about making the turk content then caring for the existence of Armenia. Think about Armenias situation (blockade, war, earthquake, corruption..) then think about how far we have come since independence and LTP. Do we really want to go back to the days of LTP again by electing his buddy Raffi? The problems and dangers Armenia faced then have not gone away-those dangers are still very much there just waiting for another LTP to come along and shatter Armenia. Do not be a fool by supporting a redneck who offers you nothing but death-just ask paron redneck Raffi what his security plan is for Armenia and then ask yourself if it sounds like a plan you would want you and your family to live under.
                    Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                    Everyone knows that the election was a crushing defeat of Sargysyan. Any encumbent leader in a society where power, corruption, patronage and deference is normal behaviour, and who has full control of a country's mainstream media and the electoral process that can't get at least 75% of the votes has lost. The 58% of the vote figure is meaningless in such a scenario. Sargsyan, and his type of politics, and the corrupt society that maintains it, has been rejected by the voters in Armenia. He is now faced with two difficult choices - either make fundamental reforms and make them quickly, or retire from politics before it becomes too late to save his neck.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Armenia’s ex-presidential candidate was ahead by at least 3 to 1

March 11, 2013 | 15:46

2013 Armenian presidential election observer of OSCE and former Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Ireland Dermot Ahern issued a letter to Armenian Bar Association Chairman Garo Ghazarian regarding the fraud he witnessed during the February 18 election.

“Dear Garo Ghazarian, Chairman of the Armenian Bar Association

March 5, 2013

You might remember that we spoke at length on the plane from Yerevan to Paris, just after the presidential election. I indicated to you that I felt uneasy about what happened in the polling station and in the TEC that I observed on the day of the election.

To recap, I and my German colleague Hedda Haars observed six polling stations during the day and as instructed by the OSCE core team, we finished observing the election in PEC 26/1 Yeghvard Elementary School No 3. From what we saw, from 7 PM to the close at 8 PM, everything was done correctly.

The presiding officer and team proceeded to count the votes. Again, everything was done in accordance with the instructions. The presiding officer showed to everyone, including ourselves, our interpreter, our driver as well as a proxy on behalf of the incumbent, every vote once he had taken it from the envelope.

Immediately, it transpired that Raffi was hovering up the votes. This caused some surprise with the local participants. Indeed, it became somewhat embarrassing in that virtually every vote was for Raffi. Every odd time, a vote came out for the incumbent, there was a slight laugh from some of the locals. On and on, it continued with Raffi getting virtually all of the votes. The proxy for the incumbent was tallying in a very methodical way and I could see clearly from his tally that Raffi was way ahead. In fact, he actually ran out of paper, Raffi got so many votes over the incumbent. At about 9:15 PM. I sent a text to my principal to say that with 30 percent of the votes counted Raffi was at least 3 to 1 ahead.

During this time and up until when we left, a number of invalid votes were declared. For instance, one vote was declared invalid because the voter had voted for everyone, except the incumbent. Another vote was invalid because the voter voted for somebody who previously contested an election, but not this one. A number of other votes were declared invalid because they did not have the correct mark or indeed no mark at all. I estimated that there were more than 10 during our time there between 8 PM and 10 PM when we left for the TEC.

By the time we left, we both agreed that with approximately 35% of the vote counted, Raffi was ahead by at least 3 to 1. We proceeded to the TEC 26 in Yeghvard and introduced ourselves to the TEC team. The conditions of the location for tabulation at this location were far from ideal. It consisted of two rooms separated by a corridor which meant that I stayed in the room where the chair and deputy chair met with the PEC teams as they came in with their results. My colleague Hedda stayed in the other room where a secretary entered the results from the various protocols.

I was given very little cooperation by the TEC team in that they did not offer any information to me as to the PEC teams coming in with their protocols. The lack of space made it particularly difficult for me to see anything. I had to ask for information, any time I wanted it. My interpreter and driver indicated to me that the team were somewhat uneasy about our presence.

When the results came in from number 26/1, I particularly was interested and asked for the result. This wasn't forthcoming, but my interpreter got to see the protocol and indicated that the incumbent had beaten Raffi by 382 to 302 approximately. I was astonished by this apparent turnaround since we left the count. I tried to get more information, to no avail.

However, my interpreter then told me that he noticed on the protocol that there were zero invalid votes. I was completely taken aback by this, and I asked my interpreter to let the chair know about my astonishment.

Between then and when we finally finished the tabulation observation at approximately 3:30 AM, I was given little or no cooperation. I finally asked if I could see the final written result and the chair refused. I met up with my colleague Hedda who had expressed satisfaction with what she had seen in the other room, in that the results were properly put onto the computer. I suggested that she might ask the chairman herself for a copy of the protocol. But again he declined waving his hands in the air. We asked if they would be publishing the result and his reply was in the morning. We immediately left. We filled out the necessary form for the OSCE, having kept in constant contact with them during the night.

I've been practicing politician here in Ireland for 32 years, contesting and winning every election I personally fought in. I was director of elections board at national and local level for my party. I have never witnessed anything like this. From my experience, I know a trend, when I see one, and something very strange happened to overturn the result, after we left the count in PEC 26/1.

As I stated to you, I feel that full re-examination of this count should take place. I could not understand then and still now how invalid votes can become valid.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dermot Ahern

2013 presidential election observer of OSCE in Armenia, former Minister of Foreign Affairs and former Minister of Justice and Law Reform of the Republic of Ireland,” the letter reads.

Comment

Working...
                      X