Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections in Armenia

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Karo you have many misconseptions about reality and you refuse to learn and see reality for what it is. Have you any information on what % of the population wanted out of Armenia under LTP? How about under Kocharian? How about under the soviet union? The fact is we armenians always believe that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence regardless of the reality of the situation or the circumstances surrounding it. I am also shocked by the fact that you see no connection between the blockade and the economic situation. Yes things are tough in Armenia and the government is very far from perfect but what options do you have to replace it with?The only option seems to be loud mouth Raffi and his circus of inexperienced and inept clowns.I am not against change and i believe far more change needs to be made then most people here but non of that changes the fact that if the present government falls then Raffi and the gang will force themselves in and i see nothing positive about that scenario while plenty of negatives are possible here. I do agree we need changes but not just for the sake of change-we need a meaningful and productive change and if such an option was available i would happily jump all over it. For all his speeches Raffi has yet to utter a single thing that even remotely begins to adress Armenia's problems - all he talks about (much like you and many others here) is how awfull things are. I know that you still believe that things are better in Armenia now then they were during the soviet days and again this is a reflection of your inability to see reality for what it is. The fact is that Armenia has big problems regardless of who is in power. While the present authorities are hardly ideal, mr Raffi and his gang are even worst. I know you do not see it (eventhough i explained to you a number of times) but the situation in Armenia is very much like the situation in you beloved USA where - like Armenia- the people are not offered a good choice and their votes reflect more fear of what the other candidate would do rather the good the guy they voted will do. Change change change kinda reminds me of the Obama campaighn and you should let this example be a good lesson to you because those promising change usually bring the opposite.
    Why didn't you also mention what % of the population wanted out of Armenia during Tamerlane's invasions, since that figure too is about as relevant to today as mentioning what % wanted out during Soviet times. The only figure that matters is the 40% who want to leave TODAY, with the knowledge that 200,000 have already left in just the last 5 years.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis86 View Post
      Raffi shows Putin who's boss.

The analysis on this blog entry is http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/...arch-2013.html
      That site is the blog of a banned member of this forum, and was around before April 2012 when Sarkis86 joined. Should we conclude that Sarkis86 is that banned member trying to evade his ban?
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

The analysis on this blog entry is spot on, and does an excellent job of cutting through the smokescreen hovannisian's handlers have put up around his campaign and addressies the substantive geostrategic issues Armenia faces today
        That guy is always spot on, I wish he would write more often. Some guys here should read up more before they speak, they are so lost with geopolitical reality, that talking geostrategic issues is like too much for them. It's the blind leading the blind, note how the points raised are never countered or answered back in a sensible manner. You get a stupid two line statement from someone expressing a flawed opinion on things they have no clue about.

BTW welcome back bro!

Comment

Armenian's blog is spot on about many issues and most importantly this issue. Only the enemy of the armenian people would tell the armenians to forget about history and for this reason i will consider bell the cat indeed an enemy. I have defended his existence here before despite calls by many here to ban him because i believed he contributed to this forum by forcing us to form better arguments but after blurting out the nonsence in his latest post he leaves no doubts about his ill will towards the armenian nation and its people. No we will not forget the past! We will not let our country be destroyed by colorfull brainwashing machines like Raffi who are devoid of substance and human morals. What i find interesting about this forum is that they ban voices of reason yet promote brainwashed, stubborn people incapable of seeing the obvious and learning from those who want to teach them. I understand banning people for being racists or rude or using foul languadge but i never saw Armenian do any of these things while i was here. Perhaps he did do some of these offences before i joined - i do not know- but i do know his writings are right almost every time in assessing Armenia's condition and her needs. The armenian diaspora along with many of the forum members here are a huge disapointment because they fall prey to the glitz and glitter which is intended to destroy us. For those of you who are young i urge you to use that thing between your ears and think before blurting out things like how great capitalism is or how great Raffi is or how great USA or Europe are and how bad Russia is.. I know it is hard - i know you were raised to embrace these things-i know your were told that capitalism and democracy can accompish anything-but try and try hard to look at the world for what it is and not what others have told you what it is. Don't listen to me-dont listen to CNN-dont listen to your uncle -dont listen to Bell- just look around you. The answers are there and they are rather black and white - all you have to do is take off those colorful sunglasses and look at reality for what it realy is. Raffi will not save you because he is based on nothingness.The west will not save you because it considers you an obsticle. Russia and increasingly more China will save you because they need you-but do not forget you need them far more then they need you. This is not belittling my people or our nation-it is looking at reality in a sober way without colorful glasses. Think for yourself-be rational-study history and politics - open your eyes-do not mistake an enemy for a friend nor a friend for an enemy. Perhaps the world is not as you had thought but this does not mean you are stupid or bad- it just means you have to reformulate your conclusions about the world you live in based on the information you gather. I am disapointed in many here and in the diaspora in general because they refuse to either think for themselves or they simply do not care about the armenian nation. When people tell you things you should always ask yourself who is telling me what? What motivations might this person have for telling me what he does tell me? To have substance as a human being you must learn to think for yourself and this is why i have no respect for Raffi and much of the diaspora because they simply serve as mouth pieces for others and have nothing to offer themselves to anyone.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Here a french survey, saying 51% of french 21-35 years, who would like to live in an other country
            "Selon une étude Viavoice pour W&Cie, 51% des 25-34 ans aimeraient vivre dans un autre pays."

Comment

Yes, the creator of this site is telling Armenians to forget about their history.

Oh, it's time to generalize and blame everything on the supposedly bourgeois, Westernizing diasporans/akhpars again? Fun.

I mean, it's not too surprising since the modern republic and its institutions were either created or significantly developed by the Soviet Union, so there are natural ties to Մեծ Ռուսիա.* Most of the people who developed the backwater that was the early Soviet Armenian republic were Armenians from European Russia or Ukraine. Anyway, I just wish that the ROA Armenians cared just a little about the Armenian nation that exists beyond its borders as much as they care and crave the acceptance of the people who affectionately call them Խաչիկ.

* From the Soviet Armenian anthem:
              Մեծ Ռուսիան մեզ եղբայրության ձեռք մեկնեց,
              Մենք կերտեցինք ամրակուռ նոր պետություն

Comment

Hmm... Glendale or Moscow?

Armenia: Forty Percent of Gallup Poll Respondents Want Out

Based on personal interviews with 41,072 people throughout 12 former Soviet republics between 2010 and 2012, the survey found that 40 percent of the Armenian respondents would like to move permanently to another country. (The number of respondents was not provided. Online data sets reflected numbers only for 2005 and 2006.)

Moldova, at 32 percent, followed in second place.

By comparison, Armenia's Caucasus neighbors, Georgia and Azerbaijan, were far less inclined to acknowledge their willingness to seek greener grass for good -- a mere 14 percent of the respondents in both countries. Respondents in Caucasus player Russia expressed the same level of wanderlust.

http://www.eurasianet.org/node/66784...medium=twitter

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                  Yes, the creator of this site is telling Armenians to forget about their history.

Oh, it's time to generalize and blame everything on the supposedly bourgeois, Westernizing diasporans/akhpars again? Fun.

I mean, it's not too surprising since the modern republic and its institutions were either created or significantly developed by the Soviet Union, so there are natural ties to Մեծ Ռուսիա.* Most of the people who developed the backwater that was the early Soviet Armenian republic were Armenians from European Russia or Ukraine. Anyway, I just wish that the ROA Armenians cared just a little about the Armenian nation that exists beyond its borders as much as they care and crave the acceptance of the people who affectionately call them Խաչիկ.

* From the Soviet Armenian anthem:
                  Մեծ Ռուսիան մեզ եղբայրության ձեռք մեկնեց,
                  Մենք կերտեցինք ամրակուռ նոր պետություն
                  Well the site smells made in Russia, Stalin era cheap propaganda.
                  Too much of Russia, kills Russia..... (as anything).

I like Russia, as generally all Armenians.
                  Yet they need to realize that everything has limits, and time of blind russophilia is getting over, mostly thanks to their actions, not the West.
                  Contrary to the affirmations on that site, Armenia's military does perfectly understand the kind of shipments they do to Baku...
                  And fortunately, some in Moskva begin to get the message, of "Enough is Enough".

Comment

last warning to some people!
                    Get personal one more time, colour outside the lines one more time and live with the consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
                      Here a french survey, saying 51% of french 21-35 years, who would like to live in an other country
                      "Selon une étude Viavoice pour W&Cie, 51% des 25-34 ans aimeraient vivre dans un autre pays."

http://etudiant.lefigaro.fr/les-news...s-exiler-1602/
                      Have 3.5 million people left France in the last 10 years (the conservative 200,000 figure for those who have left Armenia in the last decade extrapolated up to match the much larger population size of France). Has the population of France dropped by 10 million since the 1980s? If not, the survey is an invalid and pointless comparison.
                      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 04-05-2013, 07:03 AM.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X