Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

Oskanian: defeated side should accept election outcomes
    25.02.2008 14:24 GMT+04:00
    /PanARMENIAN.Net/ “I could not imagine such shocks are possible in our republic. But unfortunately, there are people who chose hatred and revenge,” Armenian Foreign Minister Vartan Oskanian said in Yerevan today.

“Those who gathered at Liberty Square do not want to understand that out country faces global challenges. The election is over. The CEC has officially announced the winner. I think that the defeated should accept this fact and reach out for reconciliation,” the Minister said.

He said the Armenian people should unite to prevent genocidal acts like those which took place in Sumgayit in February 1998. “The domestic tensions will affect the country’s international image and the Karabakh conflict settlement. I rate conduction of rallies as manifestation of democracy but there is a limit to everything. There were seven days to re-count the votes and express discontent with the defeat,” he said.

“Civilized methods, specifically appeal to the Constitutional Court, will be admitted by the international community and will be a positive factor for the Armenian democracy. I think that the nation will comprehend everything and will put an end to rallies, thus directing the opposition to the right track,” the Minister said.

The opposition initiated a rally on February 20 to protest the outcomes of the presidential election won by Prime Minister Serzh Sargsyan with 52,82 per cent of votes. Ex-President Levon Ter-Petrosyan received 21,5 per cent of votes.

Comment

I just ogt an email from a freind who lives in Yerevan. Here is what he observed (this is his email verbaitim):

"Hi I hope everything is fine with all of you we are fine too ,today I went to opera house, to see what is going on, I saw about 1000 people I stood there for a while there were lots of people coming and going like it’s a show for them but at night time not many and turns to dance and fun place, there were many policemen but in front of general assembly there were about 6-7 buses full of young soldiers, now there are peaceful demonstrations against Terpetrosian and Terpetrosian wants to go to court against election results,there is a small demonstration in front of Terpetrosian’s house,they want him out of the country."

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
        there is a small demonstration in front of Terpetrosian’s house,they want him out of the country."
        It's about f***ing time. I hope they have some Molotov xxxxtails?
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
          It's about f***ing time. I hope they have some Molotov xxxxtails?
          Levin can always move with his wife to Israel. I hear his sons has a nice place there.

Comment

Levin can always move with his wife to Israel. I hear his sons has a nice place there.

Indeed, that is where the scumbag belongs. My brother in Yerevan had the same to say as your friend, he said many people just wanted to see what all the commotion was about.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
            to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
              Indeed, that is where the scumbag belongs. My brother in Yerevan had the same to say as your friend, he said many people just wanted to see what all the commotion was about.
              ...so my question is, why is the international media grossly exagerating the number and energy of these "protests"? Some news articles said that there were 20-35 thousand protesters

It is as if these foriegn news agencies are willing instability in Armenia.

Comment

...so my question is, why is the international media grossly exagerating the number and energy of these "protests"? Some news articles said that there were 20-35 thousand protesters

The first few days there were a lot of people, probably close to that figure, and I am assuming they included the protestors in other parts of Yerevan. But the numbers have been going down every day since the night after the election.
                For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I think the report of the LTP rally this weekend in Little Armenia portion of Los Angeles is a farce.

Armenian election still just a blip on the U.S. State Dept. screen, no mention of pro LTP protests over the weekend in U.S.

QUESTION: Tom, do you have any comment on the continuing political turmoil in Armenia in the aftermath of their elections?

MR. CASEY: Well, David, you saw the statement that we put out over the weekend. I really don’t have much to add to that right now. Certainly, you’ve heard from the international observers about some of the concerns that they’ve had about the election, but we believe that these disputes need to be settled within the confines of Armenia’s constitution and political system.
                  Last edited by freakyfreaky; 02-25-2008, 02:17 PM.
                  Between childhood, boyhood,
                  adolescence
                  & manhood (maturity) there
                  should be sharp lines drawn w/
                  Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                  stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Rally in Serzh Sargsyan’s support to be held in Yerevan February 26

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Parties, public organizations and citizens who backed Armenia’s Prime Minister Serzh Sagsyan at the February 19 presidential election will gather at Republic Square tomorrow to support their candidate, said a statement posted at Serzh Sargsyan’s headquarters web site.

The rally will be held for maintenance of stability, tolerance, lawfulness and political culture.

http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=25072

Comment

A little correction my friend, without treasonous news media sources such as A1 Plus and Hetq, without Armenian traitors such as Onnik Krikorian and Richard Giragosian, the "foriegn news agencies" can't do shit!
                      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X