Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Carol Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I AM calm you dipxxxx

shes armenian, it doesnt matter if the article doesnt say she is or not.

many armenian actors and businessmen that came here a long time ago changed there names completely to something ' odar' as you say. Sometimes shortening the last name, and sometimes to something that totally isnt even there given name. That's the entertainment industry for you.

you never have anything to add to any topic that might enlighten someone, or add another view point, facts etc, all you do is repeat points that have already been made by others before you and you do nothing but call people petty names.

you're just another brick in the wall.
    Last edited by whitelotus; 01-14-2004, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I thought we're all bricks in the wall of our forum.
      anyway, lets see here.
      lemme go back to the question "what makes someone Armenian?"
      what part of Carol Black would be considered Armenian, if she doesn't care whether or not she's known to the world as an Armenian, and she doesn't support our country (yes, Haiastan) in any way(lets face it, CEO of lifetime? she's got TONS of green), and she can't even stand that I-A-N in the back of her name for that matter (assuming that whole name change you're claiming is right), and she doesn't speak the language (i'm guessing)...
      if all of the above don't apply, what makes someone like Carol Black Armenian?
      what makes her worth being on "famous Armenians"?
      one of her great great grandparents?

what do you think? (except for that whole "blah blah blah Jahannam doesn't contribute xxxx to this place yadda yada yada )
      lemme hear your take on this.

Comment

fact is, she changed her name a long time ago, or her father had, and they continued to use the last name for generations to come. So what ? They still speak armenian, even if it is old armenian because they left armenia such a long time ago.

it doesnt matter if you have a armenian last name , in order to support the armenian community or say you are armenian

i can support the armenian community, and still have a stage or entertainment name.

sometimes long armenian last names dont flow etc.

anyway, she basically tells ' mosaix' magazine that she is armenian( so she basically claims she is , which makes her armenian, it doesnt matter half, whole, 3rd, etc), and they have a big article on her in the magazine, saying how she is one of the top 10 more influential armenians in entertainment.

it doesnt matter if she isnt promoting us as armenians, the meaning of the whole article is that she is an armenian who has big impact on the entertainment industry as a whole.She's changed television big time by making a womans network, shes impacted the industry, which makes her an armenian who is famous for having such a big influence on entertainment.

this article wasnt about famous armenians, it was about armenians in the entertainment industry that have a big influence and impact.

why did cher change her name from cherolyne sarkissian? she made a stage name for herself, it doesnt mean she doesnt support armenians or isnt proud of what she is .

Comment

has she TOLD "mosaix" or has "mosaix" chosen to WRITE about her??
          cuz in your article, which is taken from mosaix, there is no indication of HER doing the talking.
          anyway
          overall, you've managed to stray off topic, in search for a logical reasoning to prove me wrong. I know why people change their names in the entertainment industry, you don't have to explain it to me.

your "facts" aren't backed up. you keep saying "changed her name" without even knowing what her Armenian name used to be...
          you keep saying she's "supported the armenian community" yet you fail to mention how and where and when.

you haven't been able to justify yourself.

Comment

doesnt really matter

your just looking for an arguement as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam
              you keep saying she's "supported the armenian community" yet you fail to mention how and where and when.
              i made a statement in general.

i wasnt talking about her, nor what she did or how she supported the armenian community LOL

i was giving an example to what you had asked.

Comment

Originally posted by whitelotus doesnt really matter

your just looking for an arguement as usual.
                you're easy.

Comment

not really, i just choose not to continue it, its pointless. you are still going to find something gay to argue. And then the topic is going to twist into something else completely.

in the end, im still going to think what i think, and you what you think, so like i said before, this is pointless

Comment

Working...
                  X