Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Karina Pasian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Karina Pasian

She can really sing well, she has an amazing voice...but wow man all that languages, but not Armenian? She should really try Armenian, man with her tone she would make beautiful renditions.

As well, she can sing in German, French, Russian, Arabic, Turkish, etc. but her Turkish pronunciation is really "Americanized". When you get the flow of German and French sounds, pronouncing Turkish is really easy, and Arabic is not so hard to pronounce as well, and if she can Hebrew then Arabic is the easiest. Russian is indeed hard because it has a lot of tone variations and stresses differencing words, like in Spanish, I would like to listen to her singing in more languages.

Comment

anyhow, I myself have to admit that I hated her when I heard in her interview singing in turkish

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        There you go again Armanen-bashing people you know nothing about just because they are only part armenian. I get the feeling you hate part armenian people more then non armenians - especialy if they are part black and part armenian it seems. The onlly things you know about this girl is what she looks like and that she can sing really well but hey that doesnt stop you from reaching your usual conclusions and writing her off as a totally useless individual regarding anything armenian. Maybe if people like you and mos didnt act like this then more people would want to explore their armenian roots but when they see people like you they will quickly want to forget that part of their heritage. The attitude you and some others here have is a big part of why armenians assimilate and why some people feel uncomfortable moving or even visiting Armenia. We Armenians are not the Chinese-we do not have a surplus of people we can simply write off and no one gave you or anyone else such a right.

The point is this half Armenian is singing in turkish, but she does not in Armenian? You do not see anything wrong with this picture?

Armenia doesn't need to be like China or any other country, what it needs to stress is patriotism and quality in its people. This is something a western educated neo liberal like yourself will not understand, because everything to people such as yourself relates back to some diversity s*it they taught you in high school and college.
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          Man she has a voice.........siroun balikess.

She doesn't speak Turkish. She used to sings the words during choir as she heard them. I am sure she knows more Armenian now than Turkish words. You guys should hear it, she makes Turkish sound really good.

Her interview

From the interview:

Why are you sure she knows Armenian? Care to provide a source?
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
            The point is this half Armenian is singing in turkish, but she does not in Armenian? You do not see anything wrong with this picture?

Armenia doesn't need to be like China or any other country, what it needs to stress is patriotism and quality in its people. This is something a western educated neo liberal like yourself will not understand, because everything to people such as yourself relates back to some diversity s*it they taught you in high school and college.
            Your a funny man Armanen. There are tens of thousends and probably way more then that armenians who speak turckish and not armenian. Should we forget about them to? I guess there is something wrong with them to? That girl just learned a song she doesnt speak turckish and you know it. I bet she would be more interested in learning a armenian song if someone would teach her. Your about as quick at judging what other people can and cant understand as you are at throwing away any possible value someone can have just because they are only part armenians. Your racism is quite discusting.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Why are you sure she knows Armenian? Care to provide a source?

No I am not, I am just giving her the benefit of doubt..........plus she can always learn it as she connects more with her Armenian heritage.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Your a funny man Armanen. There are tens of thousends and probably way more then that armenians who speak turckish and not armenian. Should we forget about them to? I guess there is something wrong with them to? That girl just learned a song she doesnt speak turckish and you know it. I bet she would be more interested in learning a armenian song if someone would teach her. Your about as quick at judging what other people can and cant understand as you are at throwing away any possible value someone can have just because they are only part armenians. Your racism is quite discusting.

Again, until you understand the concept of quality over quantity your points are moot.

Let's assume the girl does not speak turkish, one must ask then, why would she learn a turkish song instead of an Armenian one? It would make more sense to learn an Armenian one since she is biologically half Armenian, no? She did not do that, and I ask again, do you not see any issue with that?

You can bet on what she would or wouldn't do, I am stating the obvious, that it is repulsive for an Armenian to learn turkish when they don't know their mother tongue. Again, making assumptions, that's all you have to go on anyway. I don't dislike someone or believe they have no value if they are not 100% Armenian. The character and patriotism are most important for me, and those who have actually met me or have chatted with me can attest to that. Your liberalism is quite idioitic and self defeating.

Comment

Again, until you understand the concept of quality over quantity your points are moot.

Let's assume the girl does not speak turkish, one must ask then, why would she learn a turkish song instead of an Armenian one? It would make more sense to learn an Armenian one since she is biologically half Armenian, no? She did not do that, and I ask again, do you not see any issue with that?

You can bet on what she would or wouldn't do, I am stating the obvious, that it is repulsive for an Armenian to learn turkish when they don't know their mother tongue. Again, making assumptions, that's all you have to go on anyway. I don't dislike someone or believe they have no value if they are not 100% Armenian. The character and patriotism are most important for me, and those who have actually met me or have chatted with me can attest to that. Your liberalism is quite idioitic and self defeating.
                  Your right, i cant bet what she would or wouldnt do - and neither can you. Had she been exposed to Armenian culture who knows how she would have reacted. She didnt fal in love with turcks either- she just learned how to sing one song. Its funny that you claim to value character and patriotism when it is obvious you have neither. You already hate her because she is part black and you hate her more because this part black person is also par armenian and it drives you insane that she sang a song in turckish. Nevermind that some of our own Armenians stars sing many turckish songs to. Your closed mind along with your racist friends will be what destroys the very thing you claim to be trying to save.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Your right, i cant bet what she would or wouldnt do - and neither can you. Had she been exposed to Armenian culture who knows how she would have reacted. She didnt fal in love with turcks either- she just learned how to sing one song. Its funny that you claim to value character and patriotism when it is obvious you have neither. You already hate her because she is part black and you hate her more because this part black person is also par armenian and it drives you insane that she sang a song in turckish. Nevermind that some of our own Armenians stars sing many turckish songs to. Your closed mind along with your racist friends will be what destroys the very thing you claim to be trying to save.

You must want to get banned with all the name calling. Keep it up, and that is what will happen, seeing as you can't defend your points without assuming and then resorting to childish insults.

It is not up to you to dictate to others what level of patriotism they have or do not, nor character. Your opinions are not shared by a majority of Armenians, especially those who work for the betterment of our people on an active level, that alone makes me happy.

Keep making assumptions about me and what I stand for, that is all you have to go on.

Comment

You must want to get banned with all the name calling. Keep it up, and that is what will happen, seeing as you can't defend your points without assuming and then resorting to childish insults.

It is not up to you to dictate to others what level of patriotism they have or do not, nor character. Your opinions are not shared by a majority of Armenians, especially those who work for the betterment of our people on an active level, that alone makes me happy.

Keep making assumptions about me and what I stand for, that is all you have to go on.
                      I dont have to assume anything, you show your true racist self all on your own. You dont need to be a racist to be a patriot but thats beyond your understanding to.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X