Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who is an Armenian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is an Armenian?

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
    Hopefully, Siamanto will reads this and at least soften his/her stance on labeling Kim Kardashian as Hye.
    Siamanto's argument has no credibility and was effectively shot down.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Armenian, freaky, crusader and Karo:

I have cleaned up this thread. This is a warning to you 4 to stop engaging in insults and keep the thread topical and troll free. The next step is closing the thread.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
        Thank you for bringing this into our attention. It's amazing how he avoids looking in the eyes of the reporter like a frightened mouse. You can tell his eyes are lying. I think Armen Ayvazian has also denounced him, not sure what he had said.
        I have also publicly denounced him, in quite strong terms. What upsets me most is how some in our communities, especially in America, promote him and his agenda. Nonetheless, did you catch his confession about his kin when he said - not all Jews were Young Turks? This is priceless:

"I have to tell you a few things. First of all I'm Jewish. Secondly, I'm Safardic. Safardic. My mother's native language was Spanish. She's from Salonika. Եէնի Թուրք չէ. ոչ, Եէնի Թուրք չեմ... որպեսզի սխալ չմբրնես, you know, not all Safardic Jews are Young Turks. OK?"

James Russel (part 5 @ 4:25)

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
        Thank you for sharing this interesting video, I heard about this some time ago but I did not know these falsifications were made in such a large scale. What about the Armenian organizations in America, doesn't the ANCA respond to these allegations?
        The troubling part here is that these non-Armenian revisionists have the active support of various well known diasporan Armenian historians. I have been complaining about this situation for many years but they have been falling on deaf ears...

In the Netherlands there is also a ''professor'' of Armenian studies, he is also, by ''coincidience'', a j-e-w. His name is Weitenberg. If i'm not wrong, he came to the conclusion that Ararat was not an ancient holy Armenian mountain, and he has even Armenian students who believe him. What did we do that the j-e-w-s are so scared of us Armenians and the truth?
        This is typical western academia regarding Armenian studies, and for some reason these people for the most part end up being Jews... Strange. No? I can't answer what their fucking problem is with us because what they do goes beyond their political alliance with the Turkish state.
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

It is very difficult for those who still see the world in terms of geographic boundaries to understand that there can in fact be an "Armenian Nation" beyond the traditional territorial boundaries. This is not to say that it will automatically thrive and continue to evolve without significant efforts ... but the possibility is there and it is real.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
            Based on the above-mentioned strategic considerations I will attempt to answer the question: "who is an Armenian?" and in what way is s/he differentiated from an Armenian by birth.
            One is an Armenian if s/he:
            1) considers Armenia his/her only homeland within two dimensions of time and territory – in her historic and present boundaries;
            2) has strong psychological attachments to his homeland – its territory, people, language and culture;
            3) feels personal responsibility for Armenia’s fate and assumes political obligations towards it;
            4) if living abroad, seriously contemplates avenues for his and his family’s repatriation;
            5) either is or tries to become the bearer of the Armenian language and culture;
            6) strives to maintain his offsprings Armenian, including by means of passing on to them the knowledge of the Armenian language and by bringing them into the realm of the national culture. Those of our compatriots who consider the country of their birth or citizenship and not Armenia as their homeland, who do not feel psychological attachments and political responsibility towards Armenia, who do not wish to think about living in the Homeland, who do not seek to be the bearers of the Armenian language, who consciously or unconsciously have reconciled with and are not concerned about the inevitable assimilation of their offsprings, can be considered Armenians by origin only, because, in reality, they are already either cosmopolitans or representatives of another nationality. Indeed, it does not matter at all if they shout from the rooftops that they are the most real and authentic Armenians (a genuine self-deception!). The fact is that these individuals, regardless of the reasons, are beyond the nation’s life-process and do not partake in its subsistence even at its most fateful moment.

the most natural and functionally strongest ethnically differentiating characteristic feature of an Armenian is the acknowledgment and assumption of personal responsibility –
            I totally agree with Prof. Ayvazian for anyone who doesn't feel personal responsibility stemming from their hearts and souls worrying every given moment what is going on politically, socially and economically in Armenia with a deep concern for her survival; for a deep desire to go back soon or even one day; for a deep concern to bring our offsprings Armenian, culturally and with knowledge and feelings towards Armenia and Armenians; not to regard Armenia to be his/her true country with deep feelings towards her; and finally not having a desire if the need be to go to Armenia and fight and die for her then that individual is not considered an Armenian.

With a deep sorrow in my heart that I don't see as many American Armenians feeling in their souls what Ayvazian so truthfully mentioned above the true Armenians vs. the others who are by name only that will cease to be Armenians in a matter of time only.

I believe I've mentioned it before that my own mother was recently asked by a Rev. Father what she thinks for the future of Armenians in the States or abroad - the Diaspora - in general; and her answer was not good at all. Today to stay a real Armenian, you must have had a very strong rooted family background who were themselves very patriotic and were involved in cultural or patriotic events or committees and inspired you to get you involved in everyday Armenian cultural centers, to be part in committees, or to be involved with the Church and finally having read our literature and also some of the nationalistically derived literature. To feel it in your core the need, the desire and the concern for the survival of our language, culture, nationalistic pursuits and the sacred land which is our only real hope for the final and the basic survival of Armenians.
            Last edited by Anoush; 01-23-2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

For the record, people like Kardashian are certainly not regarded to be Armenian. She is Armenian by name only and soon will cease to be one even by name. The same applies unfortunately to the majority of the Armenian Americans.
              Last edited by Anoush; 01-23-2009, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                ... or to be involved with the Church ...
                There have been Armenians loooooooooooooong before the Church and hopefully there will be Armenians loooooooong after we manage to purge this mental disease from our collective psyche.
                this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                  There have been Armenians loooooooooooooong before the Church and hopefully there will be Armenians loooooooong after we manage to purge this mental disease from our collective psyche.
                  You are obviously not getting through your skull that it is not only the Church that was mentioned but within the domain of the Church and around it there are cultural, ethnical, linguistic and even revolutionary entities of our nationality and our nationalistic pursuits that have instilled and continues to instill all of the above to maintain our faith and the desire to stay Armenian and even to live as an Armenian within our hosted countries. Finally to get-together and socialize with other Armenians and hopefully for our children one day to intermarry to preserve our entity for as long as it is possible in our hosted countries until that day that hopefully a good many of us will repatriate.
                  Last edited by Anoush; 01-23-2009, 11:34 PM.

Comment

The church represents something both positive (but not necessarily novel towards civilization) and negative for all of the nations it historically dominated.

But like it or not, what we Armenians have for a church is pretty damn good in keeping our communities alive and echoing a not so bastardized pre-christian spiritual ethos.

If someday, Armenians are able to confidently, with conquering spirit, unitedly resurrect to their pre-christian manifestation and life with fire and temples, then it will happen. But these sentiments can also lead us to hell and disorder if we aren't spiritually ready for such a monumental shift. No Armenian should want to overthrow Christianity and invoke chaos.

Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with the dedication of Armenians towards their church which is distinctly their own. I may not submit to dogmas of direct devotion to Christ, but I recognize the positive stability he represents for our nation and civilization.
                    Last edited by jgk3; 01-23-2009, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Amen jgk3 true true.

Comment

Working...
                      X