Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Life in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you imagine your ''Ideal Armenia''?

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    And my ideal Armenia is an Armenia without xxxxers like you.
    Originally posted by Armanen View Post
    My idle Armenia wouldn't have dumb@ss' or even worse, agent provocateurs. Get the hint?

This is a warning. Watch your language. You know the rules. Don't be assholes or else I'll treat you like one. The original post was a sarcastic joke. If you can't make a distinction between that and intentional/malicious insults you don't need to be bothered with.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Re: Armenia

ara, you really need to educate yourself on what the "Turk" is, like Karo said, our idea of a Turk is a very vile creature....
      Maybe your idea is the uneducated one. While human beings are creatures, no human is a "creature" in the derogatory way you are implying it.

While the idea of loving your enemy may sound noble, in the real world it will only get you beaten, raped, or killed. So how about we live by a more realistic motto, live and let live.
      I used the quote of love your enemy, because while I am not a Christian I figured since more than half of the Armenians on here claim to be, and noticed how they always love bragging about how we were the first Christian nation, that maybe they would be interested in learning and living up to the sayings and teachings of their supposed Lord, Jesus Christ.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God, is also a good verse. You should strive your best to make peace. This verse also goes hand in hand with love your enemy

Even this though is unrealistic as there is always someone who wants something that another has, especially in the case of countries, and turkey just as much as ottoman turkey, would love to see Armenia disappear from the face of the earth. Mind you the times have changed, but the Turkish, genocidal mentality is as alive as ever; case in point Kurds.
      Many countries would love to see another gone. Do you not think that some Armenians, even if Wilsonian Armenia became a reality would not secretly wish that they could still expand the borders to that of Tigran's empire?

As for the Kurds, it is highly unfortunate, but many Armenians are in no moral position to judge. As long as you have resentment and hate in your heart towards the Turk, no matter how small of a corner it may occupy, you know that deep down you harbor ill fates towards them(Turks) in some cases the same ill fate that occurred to your own people, which makes you just the same as those who committed the deed. (What's that bible verse about thinking a sin is the same as committing it?) What has Armenia done to help the situation of the Kurds anyways? And what do you think the government of Armenia would do to Kurds if one day they claimed part of Armenia as Kurdistan and we were in the position to do anything and get away with it?

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      Watch your mouth
      ever insult Asala by calling them terrorists got it. THose men are heroes true heroes who have done more for Armenia than you will do in your life. So watch out how you talk about our heroes.
      Terrorist & Patriot are the same thing, it just depends what side of the battle field your on. I said terrorist, b/c to the Turks and the rest of the world that's what they were, and it is one of the many reasons the Turks do not believe us, especially since those diplomats (and some civilians)were killed in cold blood, and not in time of war. Personally i think they(A.S.A.L.A,J.C.A.G,A.R.A) were....well I'll not insult them here.. and in the long run only made things worse

Other good verses:

Romans 12:19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

Deuteronomy 32:35 It is mine to avenge; I will repay.…

Mark 12:31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these. (the Turks are our Neighbors)

Other good Gandhi quotes:

Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is a monster that swallows it up.

Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Before the throne of the Almighty, man will be judged not by his acts but by his intentions. For God alone reads our hearts.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ (this one is one of my favorites)
      Last edited by ara87; 08-31-2008, 09:27 PM. Reason: added quote

Comment

Srop quoting the bible because in this case it means nothing. And why should we help the Kurds. Weren't they also their to kill our people, rape our women, kidnap the children. Some people forget soon what has happened to our nation and they have done to our ancestors. 20 years later what will you be starting to say, Turks are our borders we shouldn't demand our lands back. I for on edon't care what Jesus, Ghandi or Buda have said. And maybe the problem is that more Armenians should forget it, maybe then we can get our lands back.

@Anon can you please point out the sarcastic part out, because I don't see it.

Comment

Srop quoting the bible because in this case it means nothing. And why should we help the Kurds. Weren't they also their to kill our people, rape our women, kidnap the children. Some people forget soon what has happened to our nation and they have done to our ancestors. 20 years later what will you be starting to say, Turks are our borders we shouldn't demand our lands back. I for on edon't care what Jesus, Ghandi or Buda have said. And maybe the problem is that more Armenians should forget it, maybe then we can get our lands back.

I don't care either, it's just that most Armenians care they claim what the bible/Jesus has to say and i thought you seemed like one. As for the Kurds while it's true they took part in the genocide, what would you have them do disobey and be deported and die for you? If the Turks had they told us to deport and kill the Kurds or face punishment ourselves, do you think we would have told them no? The Kurds accept the genocide today and apologize for their part in it. A state of Kurdistan bordering Turkey would help Armenia out in many ways

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
            I used the quote of love your enemy, because while I am not a Christian I figured since more than half of the Armenians on here claim to be, and noticed how they always love bragging about how we were the first Christian nation, that maybe they would be interested in learning and living up to the sayings and teachings of their supposed Lord, Jesus Christ.
            Can you please point out people on this forum who have claimed to be Christian that would meet your assertion of "more than half"?

And lest you confuse the issue, I think more members are conscious of the religion in the role it has played among Armenian history, and now, having acquired a more cultural essence, and exists as such, as opposed to a purely religious one. Culture implies participation for the sake of some sort of identifying marker, than any true dogmatic sense of the concept.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

It doesn't matter that you did not see it. I cannot climb into your subjective wall and make you see things. We all perceive reality subjectively, but we express ourselves objectively.

Your name-calling was unwarranted, and you have a habit of using the word "phuck" in alot of your posts. While we occasionally use it in General Talk and specifically, the Ankap thread, it is very lax and used sparingly in context. When discussing intelligent discussions in other parts of the forum such as these, where many people read that are not members, it's preferred we display some sort of class, tact, finesse and culture, as opposed to childish name-calling and insults and obscenities merely because someone disagrees.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                It doesn't matter that you did not see it. I cannot climb into your subjective wall and make you see things. We all perceive reality subjectively, but we express ourselves objectively.

Your name-calling was unwarranted, and you have a habit of using the word "phuck" in alot of your posts. While we occasionally use it in General Talk and specifically, the Ankap thread, it is very lax and used sparingly in context. When discussing intelligent discussions in other parts of the forum such as these, where many people read that are not members, it's preferred we display some sort of class, tact, finesse and culture, as opposed to childish name-calling and insults and obscenities merely because someone disagrees.

That is nice and all, but I also expect there not to be attacks on a whole group of Armenians, especially when the attacker doesn't give us his reasoning.
                For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

ara you continue to be the "nice" person, so caring for others etc. and see how it works out for you in the next 20, 30 or 40 years.

I value Armenia's Christian past and present, I see the good things that it did, as well as the bad. But our Christian past is not even 1/3 of our total history, and I value the pre Christian period just as much. While I consider myself a Christian, I use it loosely because I adhere to ideas that neither our church nor any other endorse, in fact some would even call me a heretic. To keep it short, while I respect our Church for the things it has done and continues to do, after all they are an integral part of Armenian culture, I do not agree with all of their dogma. Too much emphasis is often placed the passages from the various holy books and not enough on the reasoning behind what was said at the time, why it was worded that way and by whom.

As for the turks, I could care less about them, as long as they occupy 90% of Armenian territory, as long as their government denies the Genocide, as long as their government holds hostile intentions towards Armenia, I will show as much 'respect' to the turk as he showed to the victims of 1915-1922.
                  For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                  to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Can you please point out people on this forum who have claimed to be Christian that would meet your assertion of "more than half"?
                    So i may have generalized a bit, but you can't deny that many Armenians do claim to be christian and do always find a way to bring up "first christian nation," so i tried to use the bible to prove my point, which is a valid one btw.

When discussing intelligent discussions in other parts of the forum such as these, where many people read that are not members, it's preferred we display some sort of class, tact, finesse and culture, as opposed to childish name-calling and insults and obscenities merely because someone disagrees.
                    Your statement applies with what i was trying to tell Karo. His signature of, "the only good Turk is a dead one," and other users statements like, "our idea of the Turk is a very vile creature," are both racist in nature, and promote even further animosity between us and Turks. While there is historical beef between us, the main reason things like this are said are due to disagreements, which will never be overcome with behavior like this. This site has Turkish members, as well as Turkish viewers, who many i am sure are good people. When they find this sort of language it only confirms to them the lies they were taught, and is offensive to them. How are you/we ever supposed to get our point through to them if all they see from you is hate seething from in between your teeth with every word you speak. The armenian members need to be aware of this. Also KarotheGreats response that Turks like Taner Akçam that accept the genocide and are Armenian friendly are not real Turks, is idiotic, dumbfounding, and i am sure offensive to Turks everywhere, even to Mr. Akçam himself

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
                      So i may have generalized a bit, but you can't deny that many Armenians do claim to be christian and do always find a way to bring up "first christian nation," so i tried to use the bible to prove my point, which is a valid one btw.

Your statement applies with what i was trying to tell Karo. His signature of, "the only good Turk is a dead one," and other users statements like, "our idea of the Turk is a very vile creature," are both racist in nature, and promote even further animosity between us and Turks. While there is historical beef between us, the main reason things like this are said are due to disagreements, which will never be overcome with behavior like this. This site has Turkish members, as well as Turkish viewers, who many i am sure are good people. When they find this sort of language it only confirms to them the lies they were taught, and is offensive to them. How are you/we ever supposed to get our point through to them if all they see from you is hate seething from in between your teeth with every word you speak. The armenian members need to be aware of this. Also KarotheGreats response that Turks like Taner Akçam that accept the genocide and are Armenian friendly are not real Turks, is idiotic, dumbfounding, and i am sure offensive to Turks everywhere, even to Mr. Akçam himself
                      First of all i don't care if I insult a turk with my posts, don't care if I insult all of them and their barbaric ancestors. And when have we seen the good side of the Turks. Please tell me? All we have seen is death and destruction, nothing else. I suggest you go and read a little bit what happened to Armenian in 1064 when the Seljuk turks invaded Armenia. Go and read what they have done to us, I'm not even talking about 1915 or what the bloody sultan has done to us. You want us to become friends with Turks let them pay for their crimes against the Armenian nation and give us our lands back. They are live on our lands for gods sake doesn't that mean nothing to you. You still want us to be friends with Turks go and find out who was preparing to invade Armenia in 1993. There is no beef between Turkey and Armenia because there can be no beef between orcs and humans putting in Tolkien context. So please stop the BS and I stand with my sig.

@ anon: look I not even once used the word you said I used allot lol j/ke

Comment

Working...
                      X