Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

A document that sums up our pro-Armenian stance

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A document that sums up our pro-Armenian stance

As some of you may be aware, I've suggested making a document that summarizes our understanding of Armenian history and the reasoning behind our pro-Armenian politics, at the same time making sure to confront claims made by denialists of crimes perpetrated by their party/country against our own. I strongly encourage you to use your experience with counter-arguments or contrary claims made by the opposition by explaining, in an intelligent way, why you consider their views as flawed.

This is so that we don't have to explain them each time to newcomers who confront us with claims motivated to delegitimze our world view and understanding of historical events.

I encourage you all to compile the resources which you deem are useful for this end. I will edit all contributions in the end and try to compile a coherent document (though you can certainly make suggestions, I would appreciate it).

I will be harsh on those who wish to undermine the purpose of such a document, i.e. by contributing resources that are anti-Armenian. This measure is being taken simply to ensure, from beginning to end, a document explaining OUR stance in a presentable and confident manner to those who wish to learn about it. They can draw their own conclusions afterwards.

You can post articles, essays, relevant parts of other posts, suggestions and constructive comments.

Begin.
    Last edited by jgk3; 12-07-2008, 04:28 PM.

Re: A document that sums up our pro-Armenian stance

Homework?

Comment

Yes it is. I guess you guys can start off by asking questions, but I will eventually delete them (or if they're relevant, answer them in the initial post) once this thread really gets going.

One good thing to start off discussing is better names for this thread.
      Last edited by jgk3; 12-07-2008, 04:34 PM.

Comment

I think first we must define the issues 'at hand' before we start posting articles. There are 3 main issues as I see it.

1) The Right to Self-Determination of the Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh
        2) The truth of the Armenian Genocide, and its denial by turkey and fake adrbedjan
        3) The relationship of Armenia to its allies (Russia)

Anyone else care to add?

Comment

That's a good start.

Comment

With the recent apology petition controversy in Turkey, I think the ultranationalists are going to start pouring in.

Comment

4) The illegal occupation of Western Armenia by Turkey is unacceptable. It must be returned to the Republic of Armenia at once.

Comment

By law yes, by modern geopolitics, this is a fantasy. Nonetheless, we can discuss the Wilsonian boundaries of Armenia. I just want to stress that such ideas, not backed by the shaping hand of a victorious military/militia force, lands on deaf ears of today's international community.
                Last edited by jgk3; 12-08-2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                  By law yes, by geopolitics, this is a fantasy.
                  Correct, but we must never let go of the notion that the Republic of Armenia is the legal heir of Western Armenia. As soon as we start saying "oh it'll never happen" or "it's impossible", we will lose Western Armenia forever. Geopolitics can change over decades, so much so that we might see the decline of the republic of turkey (as we know it today) within our lifetime. If turkey gets apportioned to kurds, assyrians, and turks after its fall, Western Armenia can be repatriated.

Every Armenian is duty-bound to hold dear this ideal; if only for the memory of our ancestors but more so for the future of our People.
                  Last edited by yerazhishda; 12-08-2008, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                    By law yes, by modern geopolitics, this is a fantasy. Nonetheless, we can discuss the Wilsonian boundaries of Armenia. I just want to stress that such ideas, not backed by the shaping hand of a victorious military/militia force, lands on deaf ears of today's international community.

Wonder why Artsakh is not a "fantasy"

Comment

Working...
                    X