Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nakhichevan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nakhichevan

Icy jan, now that you have been properly educated by many excellent responses here by other Armenians I would like you to listen to this video, an interview with Monte.

Karabakh hero Monte in English defending our motherlandhttp://webpages.charter.net/anccenma/genealogy/legion_d_orient.htm

BTW Federate, I agreed with everything Jirair said in that interview short of not putting faith in the current government,…….which part of that interview you do not agree with?

I also agree with you that now is not the time to liberate Nakhichevan even if we could push the Azeri military out of there we will hurt ourselves Geopolitically. Now if they attack us then all bets are off the table.....I would think.

Sheers
    Last edited by Eddo211; 04-17-2009, 05:21 AM.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Sero View Post
      Then America would join in.

Israel too and every other country.
      Yep. War is direct result of people failing to adhere to reason and discuss things...sure it takes a long time but it is better to talk things over than start a war. Also people die and suffer in war...you can cancel an agreement but you can't give back someone's life.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
        Yep. War is direct result of people failing to adhere to reason and discuss things...sure it takes a long time but it is better to talk things over than start a war. Also people die and suffer in war...you can cancel an agreement but you can't give back someone's life.
        War has always been forced upon the Armenians by outside forces, it appears there is no reasoning…………….but our biggest blunder lays in our deep-rooted division and bickering, which is a greater threat to us than our mightiest enemy.

Sheers Mate.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          BTW Federate, I agreed with everything Jirair said in that interview short of not putting faith in the current government,…….which part of that interview you do not agree with?
          Like you, I dislike him not putting any faith in our government even though I do not agree on some of the strategies our current government has taken myself. He is just too critical and this criticism is not constructive.

His strategy on Nakhichevan which consists of keeping the entire azeri population as it is can be debatable as well. However, it has some good ideas that will need to be given more thought.
          Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Do you guys know what the reason ws that we didn't attack Nakhichevan during the Artsakh war. Because in 1920 Soviet and Russian signed a treaty that made Turkey guardian of the piece of land. They must guard that that piece of land stays with the Azeris. And that is also the reason that our governments hands are tied. We have the best army in the south-Caucasus, but we are nothing compared to the military might of Turkey. If they attack Hayastan we could defend us but attack them that would be suicide. We'll need to wait and see when the relationship between the turks and Azeris hits a low then we we can take advantage of the situation.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I am trying to put things in perspective here……

It is always easy to put blame on a Government, I would be the first one; but our Gov situation is different and they are in an extremely difficult position. I don’t know much about Armenian politics but just watching and listening to Serzh Sargsyan it looks like he is carrying the weight of Mt Ararat on his back.

Putting all the corruptions in the political system aside for a minute, he is being severely blockaded by Azerbaijan and Turkey, he is under immense pressure to give land and drop the AG in order to reduce this choke hold, Russia is putting its own pressure, the West is putting pressure, Armenians are putting pressure; all of this while his main responsibilities is to the people and to bring prosperity to this landlocked Armenian territory which has no major natural resources and try to drive up the economy, but how?

He knows that even if he was to do what these countries ask (which I am proud that our Gov is hanging in there) the Armenian people will not stand for it and the Diaspora support will end and Artsakh will truly go independent (a disaster if you ask me)…………..for now it appears like he would rather built a railroad through freaking mountains than to concede anything.

There are other reasons as well which we may not be aware of its gravity or ramification like for example the reason behind why the Armenian Government was only providing limited support during the Artsakh liberation War………..I believe this restriction still remains today unless the Motherland itself gets attacked outright.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                Do you guys know what the reason ws that we didn't attack Nakhichevan during the Artsakh war. Because in 1920 Soviet and Russian signed a treaty that made Turkey guardian of the piece of land. They must guard that that piece of land stays with the Azeris. And that is also the reason that our governments hands are tied. We have the best army in the south-Caucasus, but we are nothing compared to the military might of Turkey. If they attack Hayastan we could defend us but attack them that would be suicide. We'll need to wait and see when the relationship between the turks and Azeris hits a low then we we can take advantage of the situation.
                Treaty or not, if we attacked and reclaimed Nakhichevan, the turcs would always help their brothers, the baboons. Our only hope would be an expansion of Iraqi/Iranian Kurdistan to put a bolster between us and the turcs. But rock & hard place comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                  Treaty or not, if we attacked and reclaimed Nakhichevan, the turcs would always help their brothers, the baboons. Our only hope would be an expansion of Iraqi/Iranian Kurdistan to put a bolster between us and the turcs. But rock & hard place comes to mind.
                  As long as Azerbaijan has Turkey as their ally Nakhichevan won't be easy to claim without Russian or Iranian help.

Comment

Working...
                  X