Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Does anyone feel like me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone feel like me?

I think the more important question here is, how difficult is it to form paragraphs?

Comment

Originally posted by Ideology View Post
      One of the more uncompetable problems I have faced in my years of suggesting happiness to "some" Armenians is that some of these younger Armenians literally have the weight of the world on their shoulders, particularly in Hayastansis. I'll tell you why. Many Armenians have parents who just came to American from the old world. Unfortunately, there are a lot of immigrant parents who came here and have very low self esteem. In America, it is everyones obligation to stay as cheerful as possible to not bring down others around them. A lot of Armenian parents have a combination of psychological thoughts that ruin things for everyone. For one, many in this generation seem to have a very low self esteem. And in their country, life was a lot easier than it is in America. They are also under the impression that acting sad, down, or depressed is a legitamite way to get care and love from their children. They know their children hate to see their parents miserable and try to do anything they can to cheer them up. After a while, this becomes a daily event. And as time goes on, children start to realize how low their parents feel on a daily basis. Keep in mind, in America, the average person is well dressed, well groomed, speaks good English, and is attracted to cheerful people. Some of these Armenian elders are dressed very old fashion and simple, don't worry about their looks at all, speak broken English, and have an energy to them that is anything but happy. Americans don't want to be anywhere near these types because they might bring them down. Life is hard enough, and Americans like to be around cheerful people to stay up. Now since the children are busting their ass more and more daily (since their parents are growing numb to the kids positive energy), the kids are getting worn out. After a while, these kids are growing up and spending 50% of their energy just to keep a house cheerful. With that and other problems like guilt tripping the kids, Armenian youth is growing to feel like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders. Again, this is for some Armenian families and there are too many Armenian families like this. This also is leading to something much more horrific than I could have possibly imagined. More and more Armenians are talking about getting married and having their parents live with them! This is incredible! I can't believe how many Armenians are falling for this. Not that anyone is tricking them, (although parents should refuse to live with their kids when married), but living with mom and dad, or just mom, will bring absolute disaster to Armenians. Forget about ever having freedom. Some Armenians have never had their own place to experience how personal freedom feels in their own homes, and now they have cancelled any chance of that, forever! Secondly, the marriage (love) needs to be fed with romance. However that romance comes... It will be 10 times harder to introduce any type of romance in a marriage when someones parents live in the same house. What about sex? How quiet would you have to be? How often would you have to skip nights of sex just from the fear of being heard? And what happens when the mother-in-law or whatever the relation, starts acting like she/he is the man of the house? Can you imagine the anomosity that builds over time between the real man of the house and the parent? And if the marriage falls apart.... it would be too late for anyone to say, "I knew this was going to happen." Basically, the point is that some Armenians, from youth are being forced to serve their parents and are punished by guilt or whatever if they don't. Americans raise their kids and teach them to go out and get a life of their own. In another words, to be strong enough for self support in order to maintain their own lives out their in the world. Armenian parents are (and of course not all parents, but..) teaching their kids to serve them for life, and sometimes even expect to live with their kids when they get married. This sucks out so much of their energy, they become grumps. It becomes 10 times harder to be successful. Now how can someone compete with this? What do you tell someone who is stuck in this situation? All you can say is your opinion, and if they believe you, the guilt their parents through on them afterwards will crush their decisiveness on a more beautiful life. Sometimes the youth is smarter than the elders, and if the elders are immigrants, then most likely the youth is smarter and more versed in the American lifestyle. There is no way to make America - Armenia. America is America, and to live happily here, we need to assimulate, not cling on to our past. We can still be American and Armenian, American-Armenian, but do what benefits the group as a whole. I personally refused a 2nd date with a gorgous Armenian girl just for the comment on her mom living with her. I know how miserable a life it would become, and it's a shame she didn't.
      Assimilate but do not dissiminate your culture.Find it if you lost it.
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

արա, Idealogy, քեզ մի հատ հավաքի
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

sorry, I don't remember how to read Armenian.

Comment

Oh wow o wow. I did some research. And I found a connection with SoCal and the rest of the world. Now I see why Armenia is so highly praised by American Armenians who vacation there. And now I see why the vacationers look so relaxed when they come back from a 2 week trip. This is facinating. I will post it in the next post. It explains everything.

Comment

I know a hot topic was brought up in a movie called "The Secret". It talks about attracting positive things in your life. Well, I still say that movie was only partially true, and I'm under the impression the author originally had profits in mind when writing the script.

Here is something I discovered when travelling around the world. It's something called "energy". It's like a spiritual feeling. For example, if someone walks into one of those wealthy, holy temples in Rome, they should, more than likely, feel good inside. Armenian churches give a similar feeling. People generally feel good. Now going to skid row on a Saturday night, might make you feel bad, because of the bad energy around that area. (And I mean BAD energy). All kinds of crimes have occured there, all the shattered dreams, the hopelesness of the homeless, and the suffering create this big ball of bad "energy" that is felt by anyone who crosses the area.

So, about 5 years ago, while living in different places of the US and the world, I discovered what energy was. I also realized that I can give my own energy to enhance the enviremont that I am in. I worked on it, and nearly became a master of this phenomonon. One animal that has this instinct of good energy, and an abundance of it, is the dog. The wagging tail, tongue out, and always happy to see you brings good energy. It is the only animal that doesn't have to work, or hunt for it's food. Humans buy them and take care of them for a reason.

Anyhow, the world has changed in this new millinium. I have seen the fall of some horrible things. For example, people were once facinated and almost looked up to gangsters, and now gangsters are looked as a menace.

And another important point is that many parts of the world have a steady flow of good energy in them. South America, Western Europe, and Miami, Florida are perfect examples of this. Although, this trend has increased in great magnitude throughout many parts of the world.

Energy is a complex matter and a person giving positive energy on a consistent basis will probably have a bright future ahead of himself. I'll talk a little more about the possibilites later. But first, lets talk about LA as a whole and the pending problem.

I believe LA as a city is highly, and I mean highly lacking positive energy in the air. Overall, these posts of people being self absorbed, and not caring about anyone but themselves (not much) probably is the core reason behind so much negative energy in this city. I'll show you as much proof as I can, because societies with a lack of positive energy create 4 types of people, who further ruin the city. And the only reason I figured any of this out myself, was because I was in societies with such an abundance of positive energy, that it filled up my tank, so to speak, to a point where I learned what it was and learned to intensify good energy wherever I went. (By the way, this is probably how psychics work. They probably sense energy off of you and then give you a reading.)

Ok, lets say LA was once great in the 50's and 60's. Lets say something (the movie industry?) brought people to a point of being so self absorbed and selfish, fake and so on. Since everyone was taking, noone was really giving. Overtime, people souls went unfed and huge problems errupted. Here are some of the types of personalites that are produced in a society that takes and tries not to give much.

1. The predator - Examples: Gangsters, thugs, tough guys, vicious beings, ect... And we all know, LA is the mecha of gangbanging and thugs. These are also beings that need energy. So rather getting it the natural way (low supply of good energy), they take it. If they are not going to be respected as every human being deserves, they take their respect through fear and intimidation.

2. The interegator - This type of person feels by interegating someone, he has their full focus and power over the person. He puts others on the defensive and always asks them to explain themselves. He is getting the attention he seeks because their is a lack of it in the society.

3. The complainer - This type of person gets attention by complaining (I probably have developed this problem myself). People are usually more focused on someone who is complaining and hears them out.

4. The aloof - This type of person is disconnected from his surrounding. He may look different than what is norm. (examples include lots of tatoos, poorly kept, shocking to look at). He gets his attention from being as different as possible than the norm.

It seems we have tons of these types in LA. The root cause has to be a lack of spiritual connection between people. It's kind of hard to understand if you haven't lived anywhere else, but I've seen how much closer people are to each other elsewhere. In fact, I deducted LA as being a place where people are so close to each other, yet so far apart when I came back here.

So, in essense, Armenians, in SoCal, did assimilate into the culture that was already here. That's why everyone who comes back from Armenia looks like they just hit the lotto. Probably because the energy situation out there is through the roof!

A lot of people in LA used to tell me not to move because "Your just on vacation. That feeling will go away when you live there." They turned out to be wrong. That feeling was there every single day, year after year.

Here's an interesting story of a positive note and a negative note that happened to me a few days ago. I went to a nice barber shop to get a haircut. A beautiful Middle Easter woman was cutting my hair. She was full of life and positive energy. She was overly attentive to anyone who walked into her salon, full of life, and personality. I immediately realized she wasn't from LA. I asked her where she was from and how long she's been in LA. She said she's been here for 6 months and she's from San Diego. "How did you know I'm not from here" she said. "I just know". I didn't want to give her a bad impression of LA since she made such a big move to get here. Although, I did tell her to always keep an exit strategy in case she doesn't like it. Now, there was another Middle Eastern woman in the shop. She seemed to be the clean up crew person. She looked to be about 30. The woman from San Diego asked her to go put some music on for entertainment. So that 30 year old went and put on a very sad song. The barber asked her nicely to change the song before we all start crying. The 30 year old, after questioning her about it, said, and I quote, "I don't know how". The first thing I though was, "What! You don't know how to change the song from number 1 to number 2? But you do know how to press play? WTF?" So this chick claimed that she didn't know how to change the song. She also put on a very depressing song to begin with. The main point of this story is that I find a lot of very dumb people like this in LA. Even the San Diego girl appeared to be in shock, but nicely told her how to do it.

Comment

sorry, I don't remember how to read Armenian.
                So you are unalphabeted, plus to everything ?

Well my advise is go learn to read before attempting to write in such considerable volumes and without any considerable substance.

Comment

I know a hot topic was brought up in a movie called "The Secret". It talks about attracting positive things in your life. Well, I still say that movie was only partially true, and I'm under the impression the author originally had profits in mind when writing the script.

Here is something I discovered when travelling around the world. It's something called "energy". It's like a spiritual feeling. For example, if someone walks into one of those wealthy, holy temples in Rome, they should, more than likely, feel good inside. Armenian churches give a similar feeling. People generally feel good. Now going to skid row on a Saturday night, might make you feel bad, because of the bad energy around that area. (And I mean BAD energy). All kinds of crimes have occured there, all the shattered dreams, the hopelesness of the homeless, and the suffering create this big ball of bad "energy" that is felt by anyone who crosses the area.

So, about 5 years ago, while living in different places of the US and the world, I discovered what energy was. I also realized that I can give my own energy to enhance the enviremont that I am in. I worked on it, and nearly became a master of this phenomonon. One animal that has this instinct of good energy, and an abundance of it, is the dog. The wagging tail, tongue out, and always happy to see you brings good energy. It is the only animal that doesn't have to work, or hunt for it's food. Humans buy them and take care of them for a reason.

Anyhow, the world has changed in this new millinium. I have seen the fall of some horrible things. For example, people were once facinated and almost looked up to gangsters, and now gangsters are looked as a menace.

And another important point is that many parts of the world have a steady flow of good energy in them. South America, Western Europe, and Miami, Florida are perfect examples of this. Although, this trend has increased in great magnitude throughout many parts of the world.

Energy is a complex matter and a person giving positive energy on a consistent basis will probably have a bright future ahead of himself. I'll talk a little more about the possibilites later. But first, lets talk about LA as a whole and the pending problem.

I believe LA as a city is highly, and I mean highly lacking positive energy in the air. Overall, these posts of people being self absorbed, and not caring about anyone but themselves (not much) probably is the core reason behind so much negative energy in this city. I'll show you as much proof as I can, because societies with a lack of positive energy create 4 types of people, who further ruin the city. And the only reason I figured any of this out myself, was because I was in societies with such an abundance of positive energy, that it filled up my tank, so to speak, to a point where I learned what it was and learned to intensify good energy wherever I went. (By the way, this is probably how psychics work. They probably sense energy off of you and then give you a reading.)

Ok, lets say LA was once great in the 50's and 60's. Lets say something (the movie industry?) brought people to a point of being so self absorbed and selfish, fake and so on. Since everyone was taking, noone was really giving. Overtime, people souls went unfed and huge problems errupted. Here are some of the types of personalites that are produced in a society that takes and tries not to give much.

1. The predator - Examples: Gangsters, thugs, tough guys, vicious beings, ect... And we all know, LA is the mecha of gangbanging and thugs. These are also beings that need energy. So rather getting it the natural way (low supply of good energy), they take it. If they are not going to be respected as every human being deserves, they take their respect through fear and intimidation.

2. The interegator - This type of person feels by interegating someone, he has their full focus and power over the person. He puts others on the defensive and always asks them to explain themselves. He is getting the attention he seeks because their is a lack of it in the society.

3. The complainer - This type of person gets attention by complaining (I probably have developed this problem myself). People are usually more focused on someone who is complaining and hears them out.

4. The aloof - This type of person is disconnected from his surrounding. He may look different than what is norm. (examples include lots of tatoos, poorly kept, shocking to look at). He gets his attention from being as different as possible than the norm.

It seems we have tons of these types in LA. The root cause has to be a lack of spiritual connection between people. It's kind of hard to understand if you haven't lived anywhere else, but I've seen how much closer people are to each other elsewhere. In fact, I deducted LA as being a place where people are so close to each other, yet so far apart when I came back here.

So, in essense, Armenians, in SoCal, did assimilate into the culture that was already here. That's why everyone who comes back from Armenia looks like they just hit the lotto. Probably because the energy situation out there is through the roof!

A lot of people in LA used to tell me not to move because "Your just on vacation. That feeling will go away when you live there." They turned out to be wrong. That feeling was there every single day, year after year.

Here's an interesting story of a positive note and a negative note that happened to me a few days ago. I went to a nice barber shop to get a haircut. A beautiful Middle Easter woman was cutting my hair. She was full of life and positive energy. She was overly attentive to anyone who walked into her salon, full of life, and personality. I immediately realized she wasn't from LA. I asked her where she was from and how long she's been in LA. She said she's been here for 6 months and she's from San Diego. "How did you know I'm not from here" she said. "I just know". I didn't want to give her a bad impression of LA since she made such a big move to get here. Although, I did tell her to always keep an exit strategy in case she doesn't like it. Now, there was another Middle Eastern woman in the shop. She seemed to be the clean up crew person. She looked to be about 30. The woman from San Diego asked her to go put some music on for entertainment. So that 30 year old went and put on a very sad song. The barber asked her nicely to change the song before we all start crying. The 30 year old, after questioning her about it, said, and I quote, "I don't know how". The first thing I though was, "What! You don't know how to change the song from number 1 to number 2? But you do know how to press play? WTF?" So this chick claimed that she didn't know how to change the song. She also put on a very depressing song to begin with. The main point of this story is that I find a lot of very dumb people like this in LA. Even the San Diego girl appeared to be in shock, but nicely told her how to do it.
                  The thing with energy is that these monologues are in danger of sapping the energy from anyone reading them.

Comment

Ideology,
                    You seem to be an educated older person. You have some issues with LA and or your own self-esteem. You've travelled the world but gravitated back to LA. WHY?

Another slant on this depressive situation, is that you actually gravitated back to there because you're subconsciously drawn to the city and you're actually "feeding the beast"
                    You're an adult for God's sake, grow up and get the hell out of Dodge.

Comment

Pure and simple: LA is probably the only place in the world where you can go skiing in the morning, drive to the beach for a romantic evening, catch an opera or a play, go to a jazz club or a hole-in-the wall cafe, watch any of a number of live pro sporting events, or go to a modern art gallery, go to one of the worlds most popular amusement parks, or visit one of the MANY highly recognizeable landmarks, go to an Armenian play or dance, or just sit your ass at home and watch a 24 hour Armenian TV channel.

It can offer you opportunities in pretty much ANY avenue you might want to pursue .. both good and bad. Career development, education, entertainment industry exposure, potential for achieving great celebrity, or to just disappear among the masses of people and lead an "average" life ... all these things are very possible in LA. For the ambitious, talented, motivated, or just the under-achievers ... LA has it all.

Once again, I really can't imagine anywhere else in the world that can offer so much to so many.
                      this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                      X