Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

"Capitalism is Failing" Gorbechev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Capitalism is Failing" Gorbechev

Gorbechev made a solid statement a few weeks ago. He said Capitalism is failing. And I think he's right. First off, remember, Gorbechev was working under the table with the US to bring down Communism. Communism was a system that went on for years, just like Capitalism. Unfortunately, any system, including monarchy, oligarchy, and Democracy, rot overtime.

Monarchy starts off good, then it corrupts the King (usually a 2nd or 3rd generation King).

Oligarchy starts off good, then corrupts the leadership. They start serving themselves.

Democracy is great, but nobody remembers the horrors of the first 2 systems. Since the people are in power, they start cannibalizing themselves.

For instance, have you seen all the rip off artists lately. Maddoff..... That piece of xxxx ruined many lives. Imagine having millions of dollars one day, and being flat broke the next. That hurts badly.

Large companies like Ebay, Paypal, and Amazon are ruthlessly using their sellers to benefit themselves. They don't care what is fair for you, they care for what benefits them only. Good companies used to meet halfway. Smaller merchant accounts are robbing people of their money left and right. All these companies are finding loop holes in the laws.

That's the tip of the iceberg, but going back to Ebay, Paypal, Amazon. People are so thrilled about working out home, they invest every dime they have to sell on Ebay or Amazon. The problem is, Ebay and Amazon have so many rules, they ruthlessly suspend their sellers without reason. Paypal is losing 200 million a year and seizing seller dollars for 6 months to gain interest on the large pool of money they gather. This has gone way overboard. There aren't enough laws that can hold companies back. If you read the Paypal contract before signing up, you probably would be afraid. They tell you straight up that they can seize your money any time they want without giving you a reason. The problem is that Paypal is nearly a monopoly when it comes to payments.

What a freiking mess. I've been following all this stuff for years now and it's getting worst. In previous years, credit card companies were making fortunes by keeping the people in debt. Also, their large tax contributions kept the government off their ass. Now, it's backfiring on them. It is much harder to get credit now than it was just a year ago.

Bank of America and other banks thought of a new way to generate billions of extra dollars per year, and they have achieved this already! What they do is charge you a whopping $35 per charge that comes in when your in a negative balance. So if you buy gum for $0.50, a pack of cigarettes for $5, and and later get a 99 cent burger, you will get charged $35 a piece of you go into the negatives the day after you made the purchases! What this means is that you may have had enough money to buy those items at first. But the next day a monster charge hit your account putting you in a negative balance and BofA adds all your pending charges as being overdrawn. Now, you are forced to pay $35 per charge - 4 charges - $140. This is nothing, some people are hit with $500-$1000 charges! I have been hit myself and BofA told me I can't do anything about it and that I have no choice... WTF?

All and all, CEOs are getting away with murder, although often being arrested as well. People are getting greedy. When low morale and greed set in, the country is doomed.

Obama talking about a change? Who knows what he has up his sleeve, but I can hardly see this country staying functional. Corruption and greed have hit an all time high. Ruthless badgering of the middle class is disgusting. It's almost better to be poor than middle class at time.

Here's an order of safety for 2009:
    Rich
    Poor
    Middle Class

The middle class are eating it, big time....

To top it off, Iran wanting to usher in the end of the world, they will ruin things for America. The leaders actually think that they will have a hand in bringing the world to an end, thus ushering in a peaceful world with Allah as their ruler.

The military would need more funding, and we are broke as a nation.

I don't know. This is a calamity. Obama is in for quite a challenge. These are trying times for every single person in America. Everyone is feeling the pinch.

Re: "Capitalism is Failing" Gorbechev

Originally posted by Ideology View Post
    Bank of America and other banks thought of a new way to generate billions of extra dollars per year, and they have achieved this already! What they do is charge you a whopping $35 per charge that comes in when your in a negative balance. So if you buy gum for $0.50, a pack of cigarettes for $5, and and later get a 99 cent burger, you will get charged $35 a piece of you go into the negatives the day after you made the purchases! What this means is that you may have had enough money to buy those items at first. But the next day a monster charge hit your account putting you in a negative balance and BofA adds all your pending charges as being overdrawn. Now, you are forced to pay $35 per charge - 4 charges - $140. This is nothing, some people are hit with $500-$1000 charges! I have been hit myself and BofA told me I can't do anything about it and that I have no choice... WTF?
    Sounds to me like banks are doing EXACTLY the right thing. The problem is that YOU are spending into a negative balance. That is the problem, not capitalism. People are borrowing more than they can afford and then they blame banks.

No one can lend you money without your permission. The banks also clearly spell out the fee structure. You spend more than you have in your bank account, and you pay the fee. Simple as that.

Next time, don't spend more than you have. Not even 0.99.

As far as ebay, Amazon, etc, they are not successful because they are screwing people. They are successful because they are offering certain services that people consider valuable. Again, no one is forcing anyone to use ebay or Amazon. It's a choice you have in a free market. None of them are monopolies by any means. Once they become a monopoly, then I can understand if you decide to complain.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

I don't think you've done enough reading on this subject to defend the big banks and corporations.

Bank of American does NOT give you a choice when they charge you $35. I agree there should be a penalty. It should be either that the charge won't go through or a $10 fee. That $35 fee made them billions this year. Many people have a hard time keeping their account above $0 and a measly $10 is a fortune to them. Unfair.

Credit card companies raising their rates, another fraud. Petitions are being signed in 7-11 as we speak.

Ebay/Amazon is good for the buyers. The sellers are having difficulty, especially the ones that have been with ebay/amazon for a few years. They invest 2 thousands, which is their life savings, and then Ebay shuts them down because they made too much money, too fast, and Ebay gets worried. Stuff like this is ruining small businesses. These companies are sued every day.

The point is, that BofA, for example, is abusing the millions of bank accounts with that $35 charge. It's not like the $35 charge is covering expenses acquired by irresponsible account holders. It's actually making them billion, with a B.

All this stuff doesn't benefit me in any way. I don't have any of the above problems, I'm standing up for all the little guys in there. I can show you sites that have thousands of complaints. It's going haywire. Government intervention is a must. That's why we are in the mess we are today, because the government stupidly lifted the restrictions on the housing market including the loan department.

It can't be a free market. Humans are not that responsible and a bigger government is necessary.

Why not legalize drugs then? Oh, you took the drugs and ruined your life. Nobody shoved them down your throat. Things have to be kept on check to a certain extent.

Comment

I don't think you've done enough reading on this subject to defend the big banks and corporations.

Bank of American does NOT give you a choice when they charge you $35. I agree there should be a penalty. It should be either that the charge won't go through or a $10 fee. That $35 fee made them billions this year. Many people have a hard time keeping their account above $0 and a measly $10 is a fortune to them. Unfair.

Credit card companies raising their rates, another fraud. Petitions are being signed in 7-11 as we speak.

Ebay/Amazon is good for the buyers. The sellers are having difficulty, especially the ones that have been with ebay/amazon for a few years. They invest 2 thousands, which is their life savings, and then Ebay shuts them down because they made too much money, too fast, and Ebay gets worried. Stuff like this is ruining small businesses. These companies are sued every day.

The point is, that BofA, for example, is abusing the millions of bank accounts with that $35 charge. It's not like the $35 charge is covering expenses acquired by irresponsible account holders. It's actually making them billion, with a B.

All this stuff doesn't benefit me in any way. I don't have any of the above problems, I'm standing up for all the little guys in there. I can show you sites that have thousands of complaints. It's going haywire. Government intervention is a must. That's why we are in the mess we are today, because the government stupidly lifted the restrictions on the housing market including the loan department.

It can't be a free market. Humans are not that responsible and a bigger government is necessary.

Why not legalize drugs then? Oh, you took the drugs and ruined your life. Nobody shoved them down your throat. Things have to be kept on check to a certain extent.
        America is going down faster than any empire in history, not because of government, not because of laws, not because of regulations or banks but because of sheer human stupidity. Nobody forces anyone to buy or live beyond their means, but we are no longer people. The world has become a commercial playground and people have become consumers that won't be respected unless they have a $600 cell phone and $500 pair of sunglasses, neither of which they can afford, but will gladly put it on credit and try to pay back slowly costing them hundreds in interest. Of course, the best is taking a 30 year mortgage out on a $200,000 home. That $200,000 ends up costing $400,000 or more in the long run... if you can ever pay it back. That's assuming there is no inflation on regular everyday needs like food, clothing, gas, water, etc.

The middle class is actually more financially poor than the poor who have nothing since the majority of middle class is in debt with car payments, mortgage payments, student loans, etc. what a mess. I don't see how anything will get fixed by a few changes in policy.

Drugs are legal... if they are approved by the FDA. Most of which are far more harmful than marijuana.

Also remember that if people change their mindset/culture, a nation can stand back up on its two feet in a matter of decades. Although it usually takes a depression to make people realize that things need to change.
        Last edited by KanadaHye; 06-27-2009, 12:11 PM.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Well said.

Comment

Where did I say we shouldn't legalize drugs?
            this post = teh win.

Comment

Lol. So you think we should legalize drugs? You think people are that responsible in this country? Leaving so many choices to people have ruined this country. They promote alcohol, drugs, and violence all over the television (the government allows this), then then kids get brainwashed and repeat what they see, then the cops arrest them. A guy breaks up with his wife, is down an out, makes a stupid mistake of trying heavy drugs, and now is hooked for life. Too much freedom, and the government is popping people by the second. I say, it's the stupid government who allowed Hollywood to shove all the immoral xxxx down everyone's throats. Then they blame the people for not being responsible and thus we have the highest crime rate on earth.

Don't you think there is something wrong, or should we keep on ignoring all this xxxx and cross our fingers. The crime rate in the US being out of control is old news. The new news is that the immorality has hit a new low. The large companies are sucking up money from the middle class like vacuums. If you read some of the stories I've seen on the net, then you would see how innocent people are getting screwed left and right.

"War on the middle class" CNN called it that. It's such a xxxxing mess, credit card companies hiking their prices, merchant account seizing funds left and right, gas and oil prices at $3 a gallon, (here's an inside story you probably haven't heard) cops, chp, and any other law inforcement agency have been advised to pop anyone and everyone they can to help offset California's financial problems (particularly with traffic violations). California being the worlds 5th riches entity is bankrupt. All the mega rich entities are panicking because they don't want to be the next GM and go bankrupt. The US needs 3.2 trillion to fix all the broken xxxx like broken bridges and stuff. The Chinese are worried about the US dollar and dont want to loan money anymore. Iran and other middle eastern countries produce oil at $2 a barrel and sell it to us for $100-$150 a barrel because they hate us. They call us the great Satan from what they see on movies. Our piece of xxxx school system (first off all, our public school system is like a bad joke), but our crappy school system is going to get less funding. We don't even have a free medicare system like most westernized countries do! What you pay $150 dollars for, people pay $2 for in other countries and if you need transportation to buy your medication, the transportation is free!

A trillion down the tubes in Iraq. These idiots don't realize, everytime you kill someones father, brother, sister, son, or daughter, you create new Al Quida members. The relatives want to get revenge. Here's another inside scoop you might not know, the Arab leaders (Mosk leaders, village tenders, ect..) daily preach to their followers on how easy it is to hit America. They figure if they continuously preach to the people, a percentage of them will go through with an attempt to strike us and a handful will succeed. They tell them they will go to heaven.

Irans relationship with the US is on the rocks. Iran's president thinks he can usher in the end of the world by going to war with Israel and the US. I think their just waiting for their nukes to be ready, those sneaky bastards.

In conclusion, it is now reported that 1 million American have the pig swine flu virus....

Comment

I think America can use a hemp shop next to every McDonalds... don't you? You go in one coming out hungry... and then conveniently walk into the other for food. Then go to watch a hollywood movie for the daily dosage of brainwashing and call it a life. whoohooo
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Sounds good to me. At least we should take the hemp until all this economy stuff blows over.

Comment

I'm trying to see if you missed anything but nope .. looks like you pretty much covered EVERY topic ever from beginning of time till now

Can we try to focus on some specific thing? I doubt we can have any sort of discussion with so many things in the mix at once.

So to make things a bit cleaner ... do you want to talk about capitalism, banks and the failing credit market, crime rate in general, alcohol and drugs, us foreign policy, the price of oil, or individual responsiblity vs government control?

Pick one for now please.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                    X