Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Do we have an expriration date???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have an expriration date???

Hello everyone, I just wanted a share a fear with everyone, a fear that everyone feels already... how lon will we last? For years the number of "spurk" is increasing with more an more Armenians leaving their country and deciding to live somewhere else. As generations become older outside of Armenia are finding more and more ok "tservil" in their "new" countries. I remember my Armenian history teacher making a sad yet true joke, saying I will speak English for you to understand in your "mayreni lezou" that joke keeps stabbing my heart every time I remember it. The generations that follow us become less and less Armenian by every generation, Armenia's population keeps decreasing, at this rate we will all become extinct. The blood and sacrifice of all that were before us, and I don't just mean 1.5 million, I mean generations going up to 4000BC to Ourardou times. Is there any point continuing, has our struggle finally coming to an end, I know we've asked ourselves this question a million times, but... can we really keep up. Do we still share the same values that kept us going, is that flame inside us still valid, or is it closing in on an expiration date. Guys, less and less fewer and fewer people are religious these days, more and more we are surrounded by objects such as internet, television, music and much more obstacles that are cutting us from reality. What did we do during Kharapakh 20 years ago? we fought and won. What just happened 2 weeks ago, we sold our country... Please people, counter my claims, I want to be wrong, I do not mean say everything will be ok, and period. I mean show me evidence, scientific proof, historical documents anything. I really want to get "thised" on this argument.
    And all the trolls who wont take this convo seriously, shame on you and xxxx you. ... enjoy!

Re: Do we have an expriration date???

I feel your pain, but I still have hopes, believe me, all it takes is a nationalist patriot leader to turn everything around in a very short time. Just look what happened in Russia after Putin took over from crooks and thieves.

Comment

Not an expiration date, but maybe a "best before" date.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Does the Republic of Armenia have an expiration date? People are still desperate to leave, either for work, or for marriage (to Arabs, Russians, Turks, anyone), and opportunities and education are nowhere near what they should be. If I lived there, I wouldn't want to raise my kids there! I'd leave!

Improving things in Stepanagerd/Yerevan is a priority, and having a large diaspora is a great asset. We need a government that can work with us, and our established organizations.
        kurtçul kangal

Comment

The lifeblood of Armenia's civilization depends on you. If you are going to cower away in fear of expiration, that speaks volumes.
          Last edited by jgk3; 10-31-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaPapa View Post
            Does the Republic of Armenia have an expiration date? People are still desperate to leave, either for work, or for marriage (to Arabs, Russians, Turks, anyone), and opportunities and education are nowhere near what they should be. If I lived there, I wouldn't want to raise my kids there! I'd leave!

Improving things in Stepanagerd/Yerevan is a priority, and having a large diaspora is a great asset. We need a government that can work with us, and our established organizations.

Another example of alpha's anti-Armenianism.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
            to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
              Another example of alpha's anti-Armenianism.
              Why do you feel the need to attack someone because they have a different opinion? How is their expression "anti-Armenianism"? The way I see it, your post is a reflection of anti-intellectualism and mental midgetry. You can express concern of their opinion and disagreement and why you think so, but all too often these 'strong Armenians' on the internet are all about condemning those that don't fit into their pathetic nationalist mold. Have a damn beer for propriety's sake and settle down.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                Why do you feel the need to attack someone because they have a different opinion? How is their expression "anti-Armenianism"? The way I see it, your post is a reflection of anti-intellectualism and mental midgetry. You can express concern of their opinion and disagreement and why you think so, but all too often these 'strong Armenians' on the internet are all about condemning those that don't fit into their pathetic nationalist mold. Have a damn beer for propriety's sake and settle down.

Thanks Mouse

Armanen, if I've said something you disagree with, please explain why. If I'm wrong, please correct me. If I differ in opinion, please respect me.

No offense, but I've met many irrational patriots, and they're always the ones that do the more harm than assimilated Armenians. They also have daughters that date sev and arab guys, so there's something to that psychology. We don't need to make personal attacks when we're talking about community/national issues.
                kurtçul kangal

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaPapa

On the one hand you're saying that we need to improve things, and on the other hand you're saying that if you happened to live there, you would leave. If everyone shared your mentality (which I'm sure you wouldn't mind), then who exactly is going to "improve things"? The ghost of Christmas past?

Comment

I'm not a politician with solutions. I can only tell you how most people think, and if the country you live in is bad, and you have an opportunity to improve things for your family, you will.

There's a difference between being a wealthy diasporan and moving to Armenia and being a poor indigenous and wanting to find diasporan opportunities.

If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line. In the meantime, speaking for myself, I'm not in a position to move there right now. What's wrong with wanting to move there and wanting Armenia to improve AND admitting that Armenia today has very little potential and opportunities? Do I need to lie to myself and others and make up excuses or should I just be honest?
                    kurtçul kangal

Comment

Working...
                    X