Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who is the Armenian girl that our guys strive to marry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is the Armenian girl that our guys strive to marry.

I can't speak for armenia, but I think most diaspora armo guys, atleast later on in their life, are trying to find Category A, but keep bumping into Category B mostly. Category A in the West is in decline cuz of Western Culture influence.
    Personally, I prefer Category B. They're less boring and they eventually turn to Category A anyway. So best of 2 worlds.

Comment

This is really a hard subject. Most of the Armenians want to marry a virgin, and it is hard to imagine not too. We demand a lot from our girls, this is partly the cause of the huge assimilation happening now with Armenians in the Diaspora, as the men (who xxxx everybody from the other gender) and women mostly have different thoughts. I personally don't know what is right, but I only care about what is good for my country, and not for individuals. I have many jewish friends, I have noticed they are sexually much, much more open than Armenians. The girls therefore don't feel the need to go and find their ''love'' outside the xxxish community, because this is accepted. Therefore they remain more loyal to their roots, Israel and don't feel abandoned. Indeed, most are them are not "virgin", but this causes them to be much more nationalistic and loyal towards their country. And for me personally, my country is more important than anything else. I think we have inherited too much from the muslim culture, and in one way, this is negative for our country. But this doesn't mean I recommend "sluts", it's just the way we look at it. Anyway, I think the "jewish"" way is more optimal for our country.

Anyway, our culture could prove to be too weak to cope with this and maybe this ''status-quo'' as we have today is the best. After all, we don't have our own religion and this liberal idea may cause even more inter-marriages with other ''Christians". If only we had our own separate religion...

I find it unfortunate that most of the Armenians don't want their daughters to join the army, we are too backward as the girls ''must stay home''. And I am not saying they must be sent to the front, but rather do the logistics and medics. I hope one day we will have women battalions.

Last edited by Tigranakert; 02-16-2011, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
        I can't speak for armenia, but I think most diaspora armo guys, atleast later on in their life, are trying to find Category A, but keep bumping into Category B mostly. Category A in the West is in decline cuz of Western Culture influence.
        Personally, I prefer Category B. They're less boring and they eventually turn to Category A anyway. So best of 2 worlds.
        Well, what Armenian guys really want is the body from D, the brains from C, the personality from B and the discipline of A.

In reality, by the time they are ready to get married, their most likely choice that's left to "choose" is the brains from D, the personality from C, the discipline of B and the body from A

Thanks Western Culture!!
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
          I find it unfortunate that most of the Armenians don't want their daughters to join the army, we are too backward as the girls ''must stay home''.
          That's because the army is no place for women. It's not backward, it's being realistic.

And I am not saying they must be sent to the front, but rather do the logistics and medics. I hope one day we will have women battalions.
          If they want to join the army then they shouldn't get special treatment and do logistics and be medics. It's all or nothing. If they want equality want to play army woman, then they should be ready to be sent wherever the need is.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
            Who is the Armenian guy/man that our girls strive to marry?
            Who gives a f&ck. That's the wrong question. The correct question is why would an Armenian man worry about what women want him to be? Women need men more than they make known. Under the facade of "doing so much for you" lies the blatantly obvious truth, which is that women need men for sustenance, for protection, for feeling sexy, for exploitation, for dumping responsibility, for fixing their problems, etc. All men need women for is sex and kids. The first you can get without marriage, so if all a man needs is kids, why the f&ck bother figuring out what women want?

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
              Who gives a f&ck. That's the wrong question. The correct question is why would an Armenian man worry about what women want him to be? Women need men more than they make known. Under the facade of "doing so much for you" lies the blatantly obvious truth, which is that women need men for sustenance, for protection, for feeling sexy, for exploitation, for dumping responsibility, for fixing their problems, etc. All men need women for is sex and kids. The first you can get without marriage, so if all a man needs is kids, why the f&ck bother figuring out what women want?
              Since western family law in most cases doesn't give the man rights to his own children, technically men don't get anything out of marriage but a contract that gives up rights to their property and freedom.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                Since western family law in most cases doesn't give the man rights to his own children, technically men don't get anything out of marriage but a contract that gives up rights to their property and freedom.
                Very true, and that's why marriage in the west is in most cases a "lose some-lose all" situation for men, but thankfully, Armenia hasn't reached that point yet.

Comment

Very true, and that's why marriage in the west is in most cases a "lose some-lose all" situation for men, but thankfully, Armenia hasn't reached that point yet.
                  Not yet, but be sure the Je..ws. errrrr lobbyists are working towards it.

Comment

That's because the army is no place for women. It's not backward, it's being realistic.

If they want to join the army then they shouldn't get special treatment and do logistics and be medics. It's all or nothing. If they want equality want to play army woman, then they should be ready to be sent wherever the need is.
                    They should be trained to cope with everything, as a last resort. Of course, if a girl wants to go to the front nobody should prohibit her, as it is her right. But, in my opinion, and especially seen our shortages, this would boost our army immensely, as women can at least take over the jobs concerning logistics, training, medics, etc. Women are also amazingly good snipers. At least the government must provide the means for girls who voluntarily want to join the army and develop a special program for it and promote it. There are women soldiers serving our army today by the way (especially in the logistical field, anti-air defense).

Comment

They should be trained to cope with everything, as a last resort. Of course, if a girl wants to go to the front nobody should prohibit her, as it is her right. But, in my opinion, and especially seen our shortages, this would boost our army immensely, as women can at least take over the jobs concerning logistics, training, medics, etc. Women are also amazingly good snipers. At least the government must provide the means for girls who voluntarily want to join the army and develop a special program for it and promote it. There are women soldiers serving our army today by the way (especially in the logistical field, anti-air defense).
                      Armenia to study Israel’s experience in army formation
                      February 4, 2011 - 18:28 AMT 14:28 GMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Chairman of the Armenian parliamentary standing committee on defense, national security and internal affairs, member of the ARF Dashnaktsutyun parliamentary group Hrayr Karapetyan said that Armenia is going to study Israel’s experience in army formation.

“This refers not to women’s conscription, but to an individual approach, better organization of conscription and elimination of corruption risks in the armed forces,” Karapetyan told a press conference in Yerevan.

According to him, a working group established during the last sitting of the committee will deal with these matters.

Karapetyan noted that the working group, consisting of representatives of public organizations and experts, will study experience of foreign countries.
                      We should study Israel's experience of incorporating women in their armies.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X